My 3rd RMT[OU][Needs any suggestions]~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Introduction
Hello everyone , I have come to you with another one of my FAIL teams....[is it?] , it was used to counter one of my friends team who I had some experience from other battles and lost on all of them and after creating this team I was able to win but again I just don't want to give up on the team y'know , so I'm looking for suggestions to fit this team battle-wise considering the current metagame since I'm not just going to battle one person forever so yeah please give me your full support!

Please note : I RNG Abused to get those IV's[ftw] , and this is actual competitive battling , not shoddy so I cant use Rotom T_T

Changes will be underlined.

Special Thanks to T.U Master for helping me create this team^^*Free Cookiez for T.U*

Team at a glance

In-depth team view~

The Lead:

Azelf@FocusSash_Naive
4HP/252Spe/252SpA
31/31/31/31/31/31
~Taunt
~Stealth Rock
~Explosion
~FireBlast

Standard set from the page that was provided by McLuvdisc
<http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue8/leads>

The Special Sweeper:

Jolteon@Lifeorb_Timid
4Hp/252SpA/252Spe
31/30/31/31/30/31
Trait:Volt Absorb
~T-bolt
~Shadow Ball
~HP Grass
~Substitute

Just a basic special sweeping Jolt , , nothing much to say.Life Orb was chosen over Wise Glasess and HP Grass was to counter Swampert and ShadowBall was just as a filler(it still counters Gengar and other Ghost/Psychic poke).Timid was to outspeed most pokemon.

Possible changes:
-Change the pokemon to flygon[Haven't decided yet]

The Physical Sweeper:

Gyarados@Leftovers_Adamant
156HP/72Atk/96Def/184Spe
31/31/31/31/31/31
~Dragon Dance
~Bounce
~Taunt
~Waterfall

Bounce>Stone-edge for extra leftovers recovery and so I'm not totally blocked by Breloom...I used the exact same set and EV Spread mentioned in smogon.
<http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/gyarados>

My Rapid Spinners/Priority Move user

Hitmontop@Leftovers_Adamant
4Hp/252Atk/252Spe
31/31/31/31/31/31
Trait:Technician
~Fake Out
~Mach Punch
~Rapid Spin
~Aerial Ace

So yeah it's obvious isn't it?Start with Fake out , rapid spin the set up's out and attack , otherwise if no setups are there I use Mach punch to outspeed or Aerial Ace if its SE against the opponent~Both move's abuse technician in this case.

Possible changes:
-None

Physical wall:

Vaporeon@Leftovers_Bold
188HP/252DEF/68Spe
31/31/31/31/31/31
Trait:Water Absorb
~Toxic
~Protect
~Wish
~Surf

Yay stalling is annoying....for them....but wait...what?!WHAT THE HELL?!422 HP?!AMG, yes yes I know this guy is an amaazzzing tank , protect to stall for more toxic turns or after a wish and surf as an attacking move.

Possible changes
-Change the Spe EV's into HP
-Change Surf to another move so I am not completely blocked by Water absorbers.
-A change to another stalling tank[Blissey anyone?]

My mixed/late-game sweeper:

Infernape@LifeOrb_Naive
64Atk/192Spe/252SpA
31/30/30/31/31/31
Trait:Blaze
~Close Combat
~HP ICE
~Grass Knot
~Fire Blast

Basic Mixape which is directly copied from the smogon DP Builder , he has good coverage hitting all types with neutral damage and covering 13/17 types with SE damage , nothing much to say really.

Final looks~

And....thanks in advance :D!

I don't see why you need a spinner. Only salamence is weak to stealth rock, and he has roost. It's also very diffucult to spin in OU, so if you want priority, why not scizor? You also have a bit of a weakness to well played stall, even with mixape, as most run latias or cressilia. Scizor does execcelently against both, so you can u-turn on the switch and go to infernape to wreck the rest of stall.
Why not give jolteon baton pass over hidden power grass. Instead of trying to beat swampert yourself, yawn it on the switch, set up a sub, the baton pass out. If they bring in something thats gonna use a ground move, pass to slamence and begin the setup!

I don't see why you need a spinner. Only salamence is weak to stealth rock, and he has roost. It's also very diffucult to spin in OU, so if you want priority, why not scizor? You also have a bit of a weakness to well played stall, even with mixape, as most run latias or cressilia. Scizor does execcelently against both, so you can u-turn on the switch and go to infernape to wreck the rest of stall.
Why not give jolteon baton pass over hidden power grass. Instead of trying to beat swampert yourself, yawn it on the switch, set up a sub, the baton pass out. If they bring in something thats gonna use a ground move, pass to slamence and begin the setup!

Thanks for the rate Uberiffic.

Well yeah but is Stealth Rock the ONLY form of set ups? No Spikes and Toxic Spikes are there too...and it's not really difficult for me to spin , and that's why I have Fake out~! If you have something to say about this then I'll consider Scizor ^^.

As for Baton Pass>HP Grass that's actually a great idea I originally had HP for coverage over his water types but yeah you have a point there , it can be a great asset to setting up moves such as Dragon Dance.

EDIT: Changed HP Grass to Baton Pass.

Ever thought of using Flygon over Jolteon? It also has that electric resistance, but is more bulkier, and is a fantastic scouter.

Also, you aren't gonna do much damage with that Salamence set, so I'll suggest investing some attack EVs. Perhaps putting more in hp, and less in defense?

236 hp / 128 atk / 20 def / 128 spe

Just a thought.

Conclusion: You really have no goal for this team - Just a bunch of Pokemon jammed together. It is quite hard to give help not knowing that your goal is =/

Sorry for my pathetic rate, but I haven't posted in ~4 months and I'm a tad rusty on these things.

Ever thought of using Flygon over Jolteon? It also has that electric resistance, but is more bulkier, and is a fantastic scouter.

Also, you aren't gonna do much damage with that Salamence set, so I'll suggest investing some attack EVs. Perhaps putting more in hp, and less in defense?

236 hp / 128 atk / 20 def / 128 spe

Just a thought.

Conclusion: You really have no goal for this team - Just a bunch of Pokemon jammed together. It is quite hard to give help not knowing that your goal is =/

Sorry for my pathetic rate, but I haven't posted in ~4 months and I'm a tad rusty on these things.

That is true....it's actual and only goal is to defeat "that" person's team and that is why I posted , for suggestions , but thanks really , as for the EV spread for Salamence I'll test it out on shoddy and then decide.

Also can you please tell me the required set for Flygon?

spikes are rare and toxic spikes are practically non-existant. and how does hitmontop spin with rotom on every other team?
And if you are using mence as a bulky set up sweeper, why not gyrados? much better defensive typing and more bulk. He can also set up on scizor, who is #1!

I pretty much agree with Uberiffic on this one. You need to replace Hitmontop with Scizor, or you'll have a terrible problem with Latias. Your Vaporeon can pass Wish, so entry hazards shouldn't give you a lot of trouble.

Also, the EVs on your Salamence are all off. Why are they all in Defense instead of HP? That will make you take more damage from Physical hits like Scizor's Bullet Punch. Also, you don't need nearly that much speed if you're running Dragon Dance. Try using the standard "Physically Defensive" Salamence build from this Smogon dex page. It's very similar to what you're using, but with a better EV Spread:

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/salamence

Your Jolteon might prefer Leftovers recovery over Wise Glasses, since he's only got one attacking move and is mostly a supporter.

Finally, I don't much care for your Bronzong lead. Dual screens are more for Heavy Offense teams, which this team is definitely not. Plus, this set is completely owned by Azelf and Aerodactyl, two very common leads. Look at this article and find something that appeals to you an fits more with the rest of your team:

http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue8/leads

spikes are rare and toxic spikes are practically non-existant. and how does hitmontop spin with rotom on every other team?
And if you are using mence as a bulky set up sweeper, why not gyrados? much better defensive typing and more bulk. He can also set up on scizor, who is #1!
I pretty much agree with Uberiffic on this one. You need to replace Hitmontop with Scizor, or you'll have a terrible problem with Latias. Your Vaporeon can pass Wish, so entry hazards shouldn't give you a lot of trouble.

Also, the EVs on your Salamence are all off. Why are they all in Defense instead of HP? That will make you take more damage from Physical hits like Scizor's Bullet Punch. Also, you don't need nearly that much speed if you're running Dragon Dance. Try using the standard "Physically Defensive" Salamence build from this Smogon dex page. It's very similar to what you're using, but with a better EV Spread:

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/salamence

Your Jolteon might prefer Leftovers recovery over Wise Glasses, since he's only got one attacking move and is mostly a supporter.

Finally, I don't much care for your Bronzong lead. Dual screens are more for Heavy Offense teams, which this team is definitely not. Plus, this set is completely owned by Azelf and Aerodactyl, two very common leads. Look at this article and find something that appeals to you an fits more with the rest of your team:

http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue8/leads
Okay fine , I'll go with Scizor...but for Hitmontop I can still go with Sucker Punch/Pursuit(Probably Sucker Punch)over AA , with this I'm not walled by Rotoms/Dusknoirs/Gengars...and anyway since this is actual competitive I won't really see Rotom forms....If you still think this is bad then I will go with the ChoiceBand Scizor set.

As for Jolteon , I might go with the offensive LifeOrb set...HP Grass>BP and ShadowBall>Yawn and change the nature to Timid...in this way I can outspeed most pokemon and sweep and again Swampert won't be a problem.

Now...I do think the "Physically bulky" set is pretty good , but I'll go with Bulky Gyarados to counter Scizor and other physical sweepers.

As for Lead's I'll switch into Azelf.

EDIT: Edited my team , also I haven't decided on Flygon>Jolteon yet any suggestions?

If I were you then I would stick with Jolteon over Flygon but change the yellow text as I can't read it at all without highlighting it which is annoying if you really must have yellow then change it to a darker one but yeah Jolteon over Flygon.

P.S Love the team

Conclusions I've drawn from this are:
1. Your adamant about keeping a rapid spinner.
2. Latias is one MASSIVE problem with no Steel Resist.
3. Azelf has really lost it's effectiveness with Occa Metagross and Anti-Lead Machamp running everywhere.

This is a very offensive team apart from Vaporeon {Who I don't think has a place on this team.} I am going to suggest a few pokemon changes you could look into.

Starmie > Vaporeon
Scizor > Hitmontop
Metagross > Azelf

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252HP / 36Def / 220Spe
Moves:
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Surf / Hydro Pump

This gives you the rapid spin you wanted, but sustains your offensive prowess. It has respectable defences, with Recover it has quite a bit of Longevity. Hydro Pump will provide much more power than Surf to switch in's such as Rotom-H, Tyranitar and Latias. Thunderbolt is to deal with Gyarados, who can't OHKO with Bounce, Earthquake or Stone Edge after a DD.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 240HP / 252Atk / 16Spe
Moves:
- U-Turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Standard Choice Band set. Scizor brings another dragon resist which is crucial in dealing with Latias and ScarfTar's who otherwise run through this team. A little extra Speed investment is given to outspeed other Scizor's.

Metagross @ Occa Berry / Lum Berry
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Impish
EVs: 208HP / 188Atk / 60Def / 4SpDef / 48Spe
Moves:
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion / Bullet Punch

Metagross keeps up your offensive momentum, sets up stealth rocks, and takes on alot of common leads. Lum berry is to effectively deal with Roserade and Machamp leads. Occa Berry helps against Infernape and Heatran leads. Metagross, if used late game, can also be used as your second Dragon resist and can pick people of with an Unexpected Bullet Punch late game.

I hope you consider these changes and feedback. :)

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Rule 3 said:
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.
You need to improve on your descriptions. The majority of your descriptions are lacking and don't really tell us much. Try and stay away from 1-2 line descriptions, aim for at least 3 -4 lines. Explain why you chose a Pokemon, what it does, how does it contribute to the success of the team, etc. If you fix the descriptions properly, PM me the changes; if they are sufficient enough I will unlock your thread with the edited descriptions.

By the way, the yellow color you're using for your Jolteon description is annoying on the eyes and nearly impossible to read without highlighting the text. I recommend changing the color if / when you fix your descriptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)