My Best OU Team (so far)

With my newest OU team, I have already gone 20-3 with it, which is crazy considering I usually have an equal number of wins and losses, give or take a few. But as I go up the ladder, my opponents are getting harder and there's always room for improvement.

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
Pretty generic Talonflame if you ask me. I never liked Talonflame cause I saw it on every team, but it revenge kills like a boss.
Problems: low staying power

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Giga Drain/Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
Focus Sash has saved my Gengar from getting OHKO half the time it gets attacked, allowing me to retaliate with a coverage move of choice. Shadow Ball and Dazzling Gleam alone give perfect neutral coverage and cover its dark weakness. Giga Drain can help me get back to full health for Focus Sash to be useful once again.
Problems: low bulk

Genesect @ Choice Band
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Hasty Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Extreme Speed
With the elemental beams+STAB set being so popular, I gave choice band a try, and STAB+Download+Choice Band boosts Iron Head to a ginormous 270 base power. Extremespeed helps patch up its problem with speed, taking out weakened threats as well, while U-turn is a good STAB option. Flamethrower kills off steel types, who resist the other three moves, and it comes in handy when Download boosts special attack instead. My teams MVP and usual lead.
Problems: locked into attacks, very exploitable weakness

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Whirlwind
My main wall and utility, which I usually switch to after gene sect is done taking out the opponent's lead. Roost helps with its staying power while Defog clears entry hazards that would cause trouble for Talonflame. Knock Off is its only attacking move but really helps weaken my opponent, especially if they have a stat boosting item. Whirlwind is to phase out any setup sweepers.
Problems: little offensive presence

Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Crunch
My second offensive powerhouse. Bullet punch makes a great STAB move with an 80 base power thanks to adaptability, easily taking out troublesome fairies. Close Combat is an extremely powerful STAB move with the ability as well. Ice punch is for super-effective coverage, clearing out dragon types, which is usually pretty simple since Lucario resists their STAB moves. Crunch is my current attack right now mainly for Ghost types like Aegislash
Problems: common weaknesses, frail

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 216 SDef / 232 HP / 60 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
Rotom is a great mixed tank, but I focused mainly on sp. defense to survive super-effective grass moves. Wil-O-Wisp is mainly to annoy physical attackers. Its bulk makes it use Pain Split effectively at a low HP to help weaken opposing walls. Hydro Pump and Volt Switch make a great dual-STAB combination and Volt Switch makes Rotom a good scout as well.
Problems: low speed

I am open to any constructive criticism (just don't be a douche) and praise, as well as other suggestions.

Ok a couple of critiques coming your way. First off you state that you have a problem with the speed of rotom, One thing that is pretty comon is for rotom to run 44 speed ev's to outspeed azuzumarape <- most accurate name ever

for lucario, i would highly suggest extreem speed instead of bullet punch, because it has higher base power even after adaptability, and it allows you to hit faster priority users like talonflame.

You could try forgoing Life Orb for Choice band, not losing 10% every turn will definitely help. If you do that, then you should replace Swords Dance with Will-O-Wisp- his last move isn't really needed anyway, and you can hurt things that would normally love to switch in on him.

Ok, so I haven't used this team since the banning of Lucarionite and Gengar, so I need some suggestions on a Choice Band user with perfect coverage (and I'd really appreciate access to priority) and a fast physical powerhouse for my team (regular Lucario is an option).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)