My best OU team.

Well, I've been doing pretty good with this team, about a 80% win rate.
I would like to get opinion's and idea's to make it better!
Ok so here it is.

The Setup.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EV's 252 HP/180 Def/76 Spd
Naive nature (+Spe, -SpD)
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Explosion
- Taunt
Azelf really helps out my team.
Common lead's like Infernape, Roserade, Tentacruel,
are taken out in two turns (which I can guaranty with focus sash.)
Explosion usually OHKO's Gyarados, and I always get a stealth rock off.
Taunt can stop a another Azelf, Bronzong, Hippodon, ect.
from setting up.

The revenge Killer.

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def/252 SpA/252 spe
Timid nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Trick
Gengar is a great revenge killer.
A common thing that takes out my Azelf:
Other Gengars, so when they've done their work,
I can bring out MY Gengar, and OHKO them.
He's also my main Gyarados, Suicune, Skarmory and Kingdra counter.

The Defensive Sweeper.

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP/180 Def/76 Spe
Careful Nature (+SpD -SpA)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost
This is my Physically Defensive Sweepers.
I've been able to get at least one dragon Dance in every time I use him.
Sometimes even two or three,
He sweep's VERY effectively even thought that wasn't this set's intentions.
a Ice beam un-STABBED does around 46%. so I can regain health using roost.
Dragon Claw helps to take out other Salamence's,
and helps with sweeping.
He has trouble dealing with Scizor, Bronzong and Skarmory though,
which is why I have this next guy.

The Counter.

Heatran @ Life Orb
Ability: Fire Flash
EV's: 4 Atk/252 SpA/252 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Toxic
Well, it's not hard to get a good opportunity to switch in with Heatran,
and he complements Salamence really well.
Fire blast OHKO's Scizor Skarmory and sometimes even Bronzong.
Earth Power helps out with other heatran.
Explosion's mainly for Blissy or Gyarados.
Toxic I threw in their because I need someone able to status the foe's.

The Type Coverage.

Latias @ Leftovers
EVs 4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe
Timid nature (+ Spe - Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
Surf is the only strong water attack I have on this team,
which make Latias fairly important.
Draco Meteor take's out any Salamence that come's at it,
Ice beam, I threw in their because I do need some ice attacks,
and it works well for better coverage.
Recover helps it stay alive, sometimes for quite a while Surf help's with any Fire/Ground/Rock types.

The annoying..

Breloom @ Toxic orb
Ability: Poison heal
EVs: 8 HP/252 Atk/ 248 Spe
Adamant nature (+Atk - SpA)
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Focus Punch
- Spore
Just the normal sub-seed strategy,
he's a awesome Tyranitar counter, he outspeeds any Adamant one (which they always are.)
Stealth rock support from Azelf rally helps him out, as he cause's a lot of switch's.

Ok, Please rate me!

Ok so here it is.

The Setup.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Explosion
- Fire Blast
fire blast helps with Bronzong,

Against most leads you should usually be more concered with setting up stealth rock rather than killing them.

The revenge Killer.

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Modest nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
-Trick (Focus Blast)
-HP Ice
Other Gengars, so when they've done their work, I can take out MY Gengar,
and OHKO them.

I know everyone always praises trick on this guy but, I think you should use Focus Blast over Trick, especially since your team could have problems with. Focus blast couls be especially usefull after Breloom cannot come in anymore. Focus Blast is also helpful because it KO's Heatran which you outspeed.
This pokemon is so frail it will rarely have time to trick and still be usefull.

The Defensive Sweeper.

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature (+Spe -SpA) (adamant/+Sdef nature)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Roost
Lum Berry makes Outrage a very key move for late game sweep's,

Why use Jolly?
I say either use an adamant nature for a little more offense or a +Sdef nature instead to be even more bulky against ice moves. This pokemon is designed to power up multiple times so jolly will eventually be useless.

I suggest +Sdef nature bacause 46% from unstabbed icebeam is still a little too much it you plan ahead form stealth rock damage and/or Sandstorm.

The Counter.

Heatran @ Life Orb
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Toxic

This pokemon fits in nicely.

The Type Coverage.

Latias @ Life Orb
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Grass knot
- Recover
Grass not help's out with Tyranitar and Suicune.
Recover helps it stay alive, sometimes for quite a whileSurf help's with any Fire/Ground/Rock types.

Grass knot does not help out with tyranitar and suicune, if you change trick on Gangar to focus Blast and with the help of Breloom, you should have no problem with tyranitar. And Grass Knot will just give suicune a chance t set up.

Thunderbold in this slot is much, much more effective. It still doesnt cover suicune but it covers much more that grass Knot, pokemon such as vaporeon and empoleon (who can cause you team alot of problems if not dealt with).

The annoying..

Breloom @ Toxic orb
EVs: 44 HP/252 Atk/ 212 Spe
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Focus Punch
- Spore
he's a awesome Tyranitar counter, he outspeeds any Adamant one (which they always are.)
Stealth rock support from Azelf rally helps him out, as he cause's a lot of switch's.

I'm assuming the last 252 Evs are in speed even tough its not specified.

Other than that this set if fine, it causes alot of swithes which your team strives on.

Great team, Good luck.

Just a few thoughts:

Azelf: If you are using Azelf purely to set up stealth rock then I think you should swap fireblast, if you taunted first then you could make sure your opponent doesn't stealth rock back or status you, seeing as you have focus sash then i'ld recommend taunt. I run a similar set but use trick to give my opponent a choice scarf, leaving my free to set up stealth rock in the next turn, but with Azelf's speed you dont have to consider it.

Gengar: Agree with what Overcast has said, I have found my gengar covers a lot of bases with just shadow ball and focus blast. Of course how you want to play Gengar is up to you, but how does your gengar beat other peoples gengars? I was confused by that, so lemme know what you mean.

Salamence: I can see your method behind choosing jolly, putting all your attack into physical while increasing speed, but I would take overcasts advice about improving special defense, after seeing what an un-stabbed ice punch did to you earlier. I'm not a fan of outrage because you're locked in, and if you are going for a defensive minded pokemon you can't afford to be locked in, I'ld go for dragon claw just so that you can roost whenever you want instead of having to wait an extra turn.

Heatran: Like why you're using it, and you're right, it can be subbed into a lot of salamence threats ^^, and I don't think many people will expect toxic, so nice little surprise.

Latias: Remove grass knot and replace it, thunderbolt is a great choice. I've just noticed your team might benefit from an ice move...just throwing that in, no proper advice lol.

When I first looked at your team the word that popped straight into my head was 'ice'. A bolt-beam poke could sweep a good half of your pokemon if they got the order right. Usually for so many straight attackers I would suggest a supporter but as you're pretty heavy on recovery moves that shouldn't be a problem.

Hope that helps ^^

Both you seem to agree on some things,
So I'm guessing their correct. XD
I will make those changes and edit the team on here.
Thanks so much both of you!
And, I don't know if this is what you meant, cara,
but I put Ice beam on latias,
It's not standard, but it should help.
EDIT: @ Cara, yes it beats other gengars,
as it's scarfed, it can OHKO with a shadow ball pretty easily.

The heatran set is a little off, it would be alot more annoying and useful if you can put substitute on it over explosion, trust me.

Leech seed on breloom is something I've personally never enjoyed, sporing, then getting behind a sub with focus punch and a secondary attack is always an effective method I've had more success with, putting stone edge there can stop things like sally and gyara trying to come in on focus punch and nail you with intimidate, they take alot after rocks damage and then the stone edge even after the attack drop and you score the ko since you can sit behind your sub like a little douche xD

The salamence set is a little off, I really do think running a naive set with fire blast DD outrage and eq or something is still more effective because it can tear through teams after a DD late game, and mixmence is just gay. But a defensive sweeper seems like a role much better suited to something like bulky gyara IMO.

Grass knot is kinda odd for latias, when I first saw it I thought it was for something like swampert, but tbolt should do more if I recall to what you mentioned or calm mind would also be a good option to make latias alot more difficult to take down. Surf also hits ttar hard anyways even if its a more bulky one, moreso than grass knot.

All Ggar sets are usually a little different with the scarfs, but focus blast could also work to helping you stop ttar if he's such an issue and I've always found that destiny bond is a great move to use personally to set things that are setting up behind or a sub and being gay, or things you cant finish off that might sweep your team otherwise.

Good team all around though, just a few moveset options you should try changing.

The heatran set is a little off, it would be alot more annoying and useful if you can put substitute on it over explosion, trust me.

Leech seed on breloom is something I've personally never enjoyed, sporing, then getting behind a sub with focus punch and a secondary attack is always an effective method I've had more success with, putting stone edge there can stop things like sally and gyara trying to come in on focus punch and nail you with intimidate, they take alot after rocks damage and then the stone edge even after the attack drop and you score the ko since you can sit behind your sub like a little douche xD

The salamence set is a little off, I really do think running a naive set with fire blast DD outrage and eq or something is still more effective because it can tear through teams after a DD late game, and mixmence is just gay. But a defensive sweeper seems like a role much better suited to something like bulky gyara IMO.

Grass knot is kinda odd for latias, when I first saw it I thought it was for something like swampert, but tbolt should do more if I recall to what you mentioned or calm mind would also be a good option to make latias alot more difficult to take down. Surf also hits ttar hard anyways even if its a more bulky one, moreso than grass knot.

All Ggar sets are usually a little different with the scarfs, but focus blast could also work to helping you stop ttar if he's such an issue and I've always found that destiny bond is a great move to use personally to set things that are setting up behind or a sub and being gay, or things you cant finish off that might sweep your team otherwise.

Good team all around though, just a few moveset options you should try changing.

hey thanks!, as you'll now see I've changed it around a bit from the post's I've gotten and it's working! Thanks to everyone whose posted!

haha i remember this team. best battle i've had in a while that i actually won XP.

First off, gotta commend how well the team works together. You really can balance not only type coverage, but the overall stats and performance of the mons with variety, (despite a little ghost weakness, 3 with only 1 resist). unfortunately, unlike almost EVERYONE else here, i'm not that smart -_-' so i can't honestly be that helpful. one thing i can say is that heatran should be running Dragon Pulse over Toxic, or else gets destroyed by Mence with EQ before you can blow up or toxic it. anyways, toxic goes best with stalling, which your team doesn't do, but still works around by going with a defensive offense

so yeah, try to pick out the useful stuff from what i said. XD

I would get rid of ice beam on latias, as it offers redundant coverage with dragon pulse. You should replace it with calm mind or psycho shift or refresh. You should also run a more offensive aself, as you often explode. If you want defensive rocks, try uxie, and if you like taunt and rocks, switch to an offensive aself or an aerodactyl. Just putting my two cents in. Good luck with your team!

Maybe use a metagross

lol on Salamence because you most likely used roost before the ice beam hit. The only other way it would do that much is if your using a Yache Berry.

I think Leech Seed is pretty useless on Breloom. He's not bulky or fast enough to SubSeed and another attacking move is always a better choice IMO. Seed Bomb gives you another STAB that hits pretty hard, while Stone Edge lets you hit those Flying types that switch in to resist the Grass / Fighting combo. I've just never seen a Breloom do any good whatsoever with Leech Seed. You need to sleep something, sub up, and hit stuff hard.

sorry WOLFY but i disagree. imo, leech seed helps a lot on breloom. you come in on blissey, set up a sub as they send in a fp resist such as rotom or gliscor. Then you use leech seed. you sub as they break them and slowly drain their hp while regaining your health

I agree with gary. Breloom's subseeding is especially strong because of how unique breloom is in doing it. How many other pokes can pull off a subseeding stab Focus punch. Hmm. That'd sure scare me a little. (Not that I've never faced that before. In fact I hate going against sets like that.)

I was thinking of a aerodactyl lead, one of the top three speed in OU.
Easy to set up SR!
EDIT: No kurashi, it's without roost.

Not to be offensive or anything but the only time I've seen that happen ever is when Sala is using roost. You put no sp def investment into salamence and that 4 times weakness to ice. You either used roost or you faced a pokemon whos ice beam is exteamly weak. What pokemon did you face anyways?

Is their anyone on the team Not worth having? If not,
I am thinking of adding A aerodactyl lead, or a blissy.

Ok so here it is.

The Setup.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Explosion
- Taunt
Taunt can stop a another Azelf, Bronzong, Hippodon, ect.
from setting up.

Azelf will be slower than most other leadelf, and will be beaten to the taunt, or just sr before you taunt. Also, roserade and tenta aernt common leads. Imo, switch taunt to fire blast and run 252 speed and 252 special attack with 4 attack. Azelf just isnt bulky enough to have all those defensive evs, they just seem like a waste.

The revenge Killer.

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Modest nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- HP Ice
Other Gengars, so when they've done their work,
I can bring out MY Gengar, and OHKO them.

Gengar is my favorite revenge killer. This set looks fine, exept switch modest to timid to revenge jolly scarfgon and salamence after a dd. You can even outspeed a bulky dd dos after 2 dds with timid.

The Defensive Sweeper.

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Careful Nature (+SpD -SpA)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost
Dragon Claw helps to take out other Salamence's,
and helps with sweeping.

Looks good.
The Counter.

Heatran @ Life Orb
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Toxic

I would run this set:
Heatran@Leftovers
Timid
4hp/252spa/252spe
Fire Blast
Earth Power
Toxic
Substitute

The Type Coverage.

Latias @ Life Orb
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
Ice beam, I threw in their because I do need some ice attacks,
and it works well for better coverage.
Recover helps it stay alive, sometimes for quite a while Surf help's with any Fire/Ground/Rock types.

Switch draco meteor to dragon pulse, as the drop from meteor kills latias' staying value. It will still ko salamence. The rest of the set looks fine.

The annoying..

Breloom @ Toxic orb
EVs: 44 HP/252 Atk/ 212 Spe
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Focus Punch
- Spore

Looks good, but i would change the hp to 8 and the speed to 248. You still have ideal poison heal numbers, and stealth rock resistance, but you get 12 more speed. Breloom doesnt need the bulk anyways, as most attacks hit subs.

Ok, Please rate me!
Changes in bold.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)