Happiness: 160
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Decorate
- Giga Drain
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
Alcremie is meant to buff up teammates with decorate, mainly Polteageist and Corviknight, since those two would use Stored Power and Power Trip respectively. It's other moves are just in case it is one of the last mons on the team, or to be used with dynamax, G-max Finale would be used mostly to heal other team members that are on low health or to finish off some opposing mons.

Polteageist @ White Herb
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stored Power
- Shell Smash
- Shadow Ball
- Protect
Polteageist, as mentioned above would be buffed by Alcremie's decorate, along with using shell smash to power up Stored Power. Shadow ball would be used to lower opponent's special defense, as well as just in case there's opponents that resist stored power or that are simply weak to it. Protect is mostly just there to help Alcremie set it up, not really much else.

Corviknight @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Mirror Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Trip
- Bulk Up
- Iron Head
- Tailwind
Just like Polteageist, Corviknight would be buffed by Alcremie, along with using bulk up to increase power trip's power. Iron head is mainly there as fairy coverage as well as just being STAB, basically being used just like Polteageist's shadow ball. It would set up tailwind for fish to sweep with it's fishious rend, as well as just generally increasing the team's speed.

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Beat Up
- Energy Ball
- Moonblast
- Tailwind
Whimsicott is mainly there to support Lucario, it would use Beat Up on Lucario to max out it's attack stat, and set up tailwind to give it a speed boost, helping it become a great sweeper. Energy ball and Moonblast are there to lower the opponen's stats as well as just generally being attack moves with STAB. Prankster and it's sash are there to make sure it sets up Tailwind, which appart from the mentioned support to Lucario, could also help out fish.

Dracovish @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
Jolly Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Ice Fang
It's fish... Though I suppose I DO have to elaborate on it. All it's moves are boosted by it's ability, Fishious Rend obviously being the main one, with the other moves being there just for a wider type coverage. As mentioned before, it's meant to be boosted by tailwind to power up it's Fishious Rend, and can also be buffed by Alcremie's Decorate to increase it's attack further. Overall, just your average fish set.

Lucario @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Protect
- Close Combat
- Meteor Mash
Lucario is there as a general sweeper, as well as an answer to fairy types. As stated before, it's mainly meant to be used as a combo with Whimsicott, having it use beat up to max out Lucario's attack. Close combat, as you may expect, would be used to just take down opponents quickly. Bullet punch would be really only used in case Lucario doesn't outspeed, as well as a general finishing move. Meteor mash is mostly a replacement for it's other attacks, as well as just in case it's attack stat isn't maxed out.

This is my first time posting here so I hope everything is OK. As stated in the title, this is my first ever doubles team (though with some slight changes done to it before making this post), as I mostly just play singles. I have tried it in a few battles, and it's been winning most matches, iirc.

For Alcremie I would go Mystical Fire instead of Giga Drain and then Recover over Psychic. It really needs something to counter steel types. And Recover is a better healing move than Giga Drain.

For Polteageist I recommend Energy Ball over Protect. While Protect is a standard Doubles move, you don’t have a Sash on the Pot; meaning, you’re gonna get OHKO by almost everything (even with the White Herb stat restore). It’s that flimsy. Stored Power is a good move cause of Shell Smash, but you don’t need the white herb as much as you need the Sash.

Corviknight Power Trip is super Niche and with Haze being a thing I wouldn’t rely on it.

Good Lucario+Whimsicott combo

For Alcremie I would go Mystical Fire instead of Giga Drain and then Recover over Psychic. It really needs something to counter steel types. And Recover is a better healing move than Giga Drain.

For Polteageist I recommend Energy Ball over Protect. While Protect is a standard Doubles move, you don’t have a Sash on the Pot; meaning, you’re gonna get OHKO by almost everything (even with the White Herb stat restore). It’s that flimsy. Stored Power is a good move cause of Shell Smash, but you don’t need the white herb as much as you need the Sash.

Corviknight Power Trip is super Niche and with Haze being a thing I wouldn’t rely on it.

Good Lucario+Whimsicott combo
Thanks, I've gone ahead and made changes to the team based on your suggestions, however, I'd still like to ask what would be better for corviknight? or should I just replace him entirely?
I'm perfectly fine with replacing corviknight if it's necessary for an improvement to the team in the case that just some adjustments of his set wouldn't make as big of an impact.

Thanks, I've gone ahead and made changes to the team based on your suggestions, however, I'd still like to ask what would be better for corviknight? or should I just replace him entirely?
I'm perfectly fine with replacing corviknight if it's necessary for an improvement to the team in the case that just some adjustments of his set wouldn't make as big of an impact.

Corviknight is probably top 2 or 3 Mixed Wall in this game. So I wouldn't take it out, per se. Maybe use a more standard Careful Nature Corviknight invested 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD? For moves something like Roost//Iron Head//Tailwind//Bulk Up

Corviknight is probably top 2 or 3 Mixed Wall in this game. So I wouldn't take it out, per se. Maybe use a more standard Careful Nature Corviknight invested 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD? For moves something like Roost//Iron Head//Tailwind//Bulk Up
Agreed, item wise I would also switch out the Aguav Berry you’re currently using with an Occa Berry. It allows getting a Tailwind up so much easier early game (without being threatened by Arcanine). It’s also just super useful overall and a lot less situational compared to what you have right now. If you’re worried about a lack of recovery, you have amazing bulk + roost to handle that

Agreed, item wise I would also switch out the Aguav Berry you’re currently using with an Occa Berry.
Once again, thanks, but...
For Polteageist I recommend Energy Ball over Protect.
while I went to make these changes I noticed the previous ones didn't save, I think it was because apparently Polteageist can't learn energy ball. Did you maybe get confused in the middle of writing this and meant something else?

Once again, thanks, but...

while I went to make these changes I noticed the previous ones didn't save, I think it was because apparently Polteageist can't learn energy ball. Did you maybe get confused in the middle of writing this and meant something else?
I believe he meant Giga Drain, it’s pretty commonly used on Polteageist in VGC. If you find yourself using Protect a lot though, it’s not necessarily, it just helps with survivability + coverage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)