SS OU My First Ever Competitive Team (Help Appreciated)

Hi! This is my first attempt at making an OU team in Pokemon SwSh! Help is much appreciated as this is my first time doing competitive pokemon.

This team is basically some of my favorite pokemon in the game and some copied pokemon from what I see from vids and this forum.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Transform

IDK I saw other people using ditto, it can help defeat Dynamax mons who are running away w/ the game

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

This is my main special attacker, I wanted to outspeed most of my opponents so I chose Timid, comment down below if you think I should keep this or use Modest/Choice Specs. The moveset I used I copied off/changed other people's in my battles so far it seems to work well.

Chandelure @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Trick Room
- Will-O-Wisp

Another special attacker and more fire coverage. I'm thinking of switching it out for a grimsnarl or some other fairy type

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake

This is my starting Pokemon, it has stealth rock for setup, rapid spin to remove hazards, and double STAB in case I need it.

Corviknight-Gmax @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Body Press

This pokemon is supposed to be a wall/defensive pokemon that can use bulk up to do damage if needed, it can also hit grass types, steel types, and normal types (e.g. ferrothorn) for supereffective and steel is nice to have for the resistances to other things

Dracozolt @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Bolt Beak
- Aerial Ace
- Low Kick

My main physical attacker, Outrage and Bolt Beak for double STAB, and Aerial Ace/Low Kick for coverage, w/ choice band and hustle it can do a lot of damage

-Help is much appreciated as I stated earlier that this was my first team.
-If you suggest pokemon to add/ switch out can you please list all the EVs, Items, and moveset for it since I don't know the metagame and what I should be putting on my pokemon.
-If you suggest please also explain your reasoning behind why you are picking certain things over others (I know this is a lot of extra work but it can really help me get better at this game).

Last edited:
Also, your Corviknight just can’t function as a Special Attacker as its Special Attack is just too low. I recommend a Defensive set, giving you a much needed defensive backbone to your team. I recommend this set:

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Substitute / Defog

Lefties can be replaced with Rocky Helmet if you want the damage from contact moves racking up, but the passive recovery of Leftovers is usually preferred. The EVs are also rather flexible, and you can change it to suit your needs.

Also, your Corviknight just can’t function as a Special Attacker as its Special Attack is just too low. I recommend a Defensive set, giving you a much needed defensive backbone to your team. I recommend this set:

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Substitute / Defog

Lefties can be replaced with Rocky Helmet if you want the damage from contact moves racking up, but the passive recovery of Leftovers is usually preferred. The EVs are also rather flexible, and you can change it to suit your needs.
Body Press is also an interesting option in place of Substitute or Defog, this depends wether the rest of your team has issues with match-ups like Snorlax and Ferrothorn

Dragapult @ Assault Vest
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

This is my main special attacker, I wanted to outspeed most of my opponents so I chose Timid, comment down below if you think I should keep this or use Modest/Choice Specs. The moveset I used I copied off/changed other people's in my battles so far it seems to work well.
I think assault vest in not very helpful on an offensive Pokemon, so I think you should use a Choice Specs with Timid nature.

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Substitute / Defog

Thanks, I didn't realize that Corviknight's SpA was so low! I also realized later that I needed a defensive pokemon too so your suggestion helped a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)