My first ever VGC Team - Feedback needed!

P2 Can survive...

252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 176+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 276-328 (73.79 - 87.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Metagross Hammer Arm vs. 252 HP / 176+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 204-240 (54.54 - 64.17%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Hitmontop Revenge vs. 252 HP / 176+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 192-228 (51.33 - 60.96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunder vs. 252 HP / 80 SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 160-188 (42.78 - 50.26%) -- 1.56% chance to 2HKO

For a few. I have already replaced Espeon with Cresselia (Will update my post shortly). I'm not sure how the Speed EV's help...If you could help me with that I'd gladly appreciate it, as I'm not sure how to calc it. Blaziken has been replaced with Hitmontop (For now), Staraptor has also been replaced by Thundurus, but Gengar has been replaced with Politoed, although I'm not sure on that.

EDIT: First post has been edited. Please take a look.
Politoed only really helps thundurus(not really, therian enjoys rain more), and it doesn't really even help any other team member. If you want a water type, use something like rotom-w etc. first of all, lucario is not even common in vgc and if it is there, most carry espeed. cb is rarely seen on meta, hammer arm is almost never present either. Thundurus thunder should be calced so that it's ALWAYS a 2HKO. That ~2% could come back to haunt you. Also, now that thundurus-t is allowed, thundurus-I almost never had thunder. I would try calcing more common moves such as dgem meteor/fgem cc/ttar crunch/terrakion cc/thundurus-t thunder(bolt)/ chomp eq etc. on meta, something like 36 speed EVs help speed creep but you also could go lum berry + swagger and change the spread to 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 def which makes it so you're never OHKOed by +2 (swagger boost) Metagross EQs or 3HKOed by regular 252 Atk Metagross EQs and is better imo. Also, PUT SWAGGER ON CRESS AND THUNDURUS. That is a must if you want meta to be more effective. You could even try it on p2. Also, maybe try safeguard on cress so you could also boost top without having it carry a berry. Plus, most of your team doesn't enjoy burn/para.

Politoed aids my team in strange ways, and has saved me in many situations - The boost of the thunder accuracy is perfect to go along with it. Overall it's a decent poke that is surprisingly bulky sometimes. Rotom-W is too common and predictable. I've calc'd moves and P2 lives the majority of them, but I can understand where you're coming from with Swagger - I'm not too fond of the fact that it's boosting their attack and it can bite you on the ass though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)