SV OU my first gen 9 team, any suggestions?

hi! I’m new to Smogon but I was a former top 500 in Sw/Sh and I’d like to be top 500 in Sv too! I would like to see if this team I made is good or not and see if you guys have any suggestions for me. I would like to keep all these Pokémon on the team so any suggestions for new movesets are perfect. Thanks!

:flamigo:
Flingermingo (flamigo) Choice Band
Ability: costar
Nature: jolly
Tera type: fighting
- tailwind
- low sweep
- hurricane
- u-turn

i really like this Pokémon and wanted to give it a speedy attacker moveset. I gave it tailwind to set up and u turn for tricky situation. Costar is the ability of choice because I have a Tatsugiri and Dondozo combo that I can use it with. I have wing attack and low sweep for STAB damage and I EV trained it to be super speedy and to have a really high physical attack so it can hit harder. I might change the ability to scrappy so it can hit Gholdengo with low sweep but I like costar on it.

:maushold:
Mausy (Maushold) @wide lens
Ability: technician
Nature: jolly
Tera type: normal
- population bomb
- encore
- follow me
- tidy up

Just like my flamigo I wanted a speedy physical attacker and Maushold is really good. I gave it only one attacking move, being population bomb, that’s boosted by wide lens and Tera normal. my Maushold is a speedy pokemon but it is pretty frail. I gave it tidy up so that I can set up if needed but most times I either KO a Pokémon or die before I can do anything. Follow me is mostly there for if I need to protect another Pokémon and can redirect everything to maushold.

:indeedee:
Baby girl (indeedee) psychic seed
Ability: psychic surge
Nature: timid
Tera type: fairy
- dazzaling gleam
- protect
- helping hand
- follow me

My indeedee here is to help my Armarouge by setting up psychic terrain and using helping hand to boost the power of its expanding force. Tera fairy is a defensive Tera type that’s only there for emergencies or if I need to KO a really dangerous dragon type. Which is why I gave it dazzling gleam, so that if I absolutely need to terastallize then I can at least kill something.

:armarouge:
Charlos (armarouge) @safety goggles
Ability: flash fire
Nature: modest
Tera type: psychic
- armor cannon
- expanding force
- psychic
-wide guard

armarouge is a powerhouse and with the help of my indeedee she does HEAVY damage with a tera psychic, helping hand, psychic terrain boosted expanding force. Wide guard is also there for team protection.at first I was going to run a trick room team around my Armarouge but I realized that it’s actually pretty fast if max EV trained so I instead went for a speedy team. Sue me.

:tatsugiri:
Sushi (Tatsugiri) scope lens
Ability: commander
Nature: rash
Tera type: water
- surf
- taunt
- icy wind
- dragon pulse

my absolute favorite Pokémon is super strong when paired with Dondozo and even on its own so I gave it a scope lens to boost its crit ratio and I gave it taunt because it’s a good move in competitive play. I also gave it dragon pulse for STAB and icy wind so that if something is faster than me, I can slow it down and do some chip damage. I really like this Pokémon and so I gave it max special attack EVs and max speed EVs so that its really fast and powerful.

:dondozo:
Sushi chef (Dondozo) Leftovers
Ability: unaware
Nature: impish
Tera type: water
- liquidation
- body press
- order up
- protect

my Dondozo is a bulky Pokémon that hits like a truck. Tera water is for powering up liquidation for damage but it’s not needed sometimes and order up is a good move in my eyes and it boosts attack after use. Overall a great Pokémon. When paired with Tatsugiri it gets an Omni boost and gets overall bulkier so with some leftovers It can heal between turns. I also maxed out its defense and special defense EVs so that its even more bulky and it can do some heavy damage with body press.

Last edited by a moderator:

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi Gen9fann , welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions on desktop for each member (you're currently bordering 2) to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any question. Have a nice day!

To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.

Why did you choose this Pokemon?
What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it?
What are all 4 moves for?

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Thread was unlocked with updated descriptions, thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)