My First OU Team

Just got into playing pokemon competitively, and I think I have found a team I enjoy playing with and feels pretty stable to me. Please inform me if I should make any changes as I am still a noob lol. Thanks

Togekiss @Leftovers(replaced Kings Rock)
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Modest
Evs: (252 Hp, 252 SpDef, 6 Def)
-Wish
-Air Slash
-Aura Sphere(Replace Toxic)
-T-Wave

This is my annoyer pokemon and also my lead. I like to T-Wave my foes and spam them with Air Slashes as it gives me a high percentage(thanks to Kings Rock) of flinching the enemy. I also use Togekiss to help my team with wish and cover fighting/grass/bug types. *Edit* Togekiss got leftovers to help it survive throughout the whole battle. He uses Aura Sphere to handle leads that Air Slash cannot such as Tyranitar.

Virizion @ Leftovers(Replaced Ferrothorn)
Ability: Justified
Nature: Jolly
Evs: (252 Spe, 252 Atk, 6 Hp)
-Sword Dance
-Sacred Sword
-Leaf Blade
-Stone Edge

Virizion replaced Ferrothorn due to the fact that my use of Ferrothorn was only to handle water types. Since my team was weak to Rock and Fighting, Virizion was a perfect canidate. I love the way this guy sweeps after one Sword Dance. Stone Edge is there to help handle Fire and Flying types. Virizion's biggest weakness would have to be Psychic pokemon.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Docile
Evs: (252 Spe, 252 SpAttk, 6 Hp)
-Ice Beam
-Psyshock
-Surf
-Rapid Spin(Replaced Thunderbolt)

My special sweeper. Helped me kill off many fighting types which my team is weak to. Life Orbs helps Starmie sweep and helps me kill off Blissey easier. The moveset is set up to attack almost every type. *Edit* I changed my starmie into my spinner but stuck to the same EV spread. This was to have Starmie as a sweeper and a surprise spinner. I may give Starmie a Timid Nature when I can get hold of a water stone lol. I chose to remove thunderbolt because of my new pokes ;)

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Sand Rush
Evs: (252 Attk, 252 Spe, 6 Hp)
-Brick Break
-Earthquake
-X-Scissor
-Sword Dance

My physical sweeper. Basically covers the types Starmie cannot handle. It is also a surprise spinner and it handles entry hazards much better than starmie. Though not banded, having him scarfed surprises many teams and has helped me win with STAB earthquakes. I have been able to 2HKO many Garchomps with this set. *Edit* Changing Starmie into my spinner allowed me to set up Excadrill more as a sweeper. X-Scissor is there to handle psychic and dark types. Air Balloon basically just helps Excadrill survive.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
Nature: Bold
Evs: ( 252 Hp, 184 Def, 72 SpDef)
-Thunder Wave
-Ice Beam
-Thunder Bolt
-Recover

My other wall. Has helped me destroy many dragons and bulky pokemon. Also helps me stall the other team. The Bolt/Beam combo covers many types and has allowed me to turn the game around many times. This set is basically here to kill any sweepers that my team cannot handle. *Edit* I gave Porygon2 a Bold nature with the trace ability as I thought they were good changes. Trace can help him survive by copying abilities such as Water Absorb and Flash Fire on a well predicted move.

Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
Evs: (248 Hp, 252 SpAtk, 8 SpDef)
-Trick
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power(Fire)

One of my new favorite Pokes(Thanks to puking rainbows). I noticed this guy can basically handle his own as well as helping my team with their weaknesses. I must admit to having fun with trick a couple times lol. He is a pretty good partner for Virizion as he takes care of his weaknesses that arent Physchic.

well that is my team. I am Sorry for the bad descriptions. if any changes to the descriptions are needed to help rate my team better, please inform me and tell me what I should put it to help. Please tell me if you think other Pokes should replace anyone in my team. Thanks again, Ill enjoy any criticism.

For excadrill if you are running SandRush along with a choice scarf I would recommend going to an Adament nature, over Jolly since the extra power is nice, and I don't believe there is much that you currently outspeed, that will outspeed you if you switch natures. Also I reccomend switching Poison Jab to X-Scissor or Rock Slide. Both provide nice coverage. X-Scissor for Dark, Physics, and Rock Slide for Fire, Flying.

Thanks guys, I still need a lot to learn. Ill switch my jolly excadrill for a adamant one and teach it x-scissor.

Anyone recommended me to switch out any of my pokemon? If so which?

Having 2 status effects on a lead seems repetitive, as does having two T-Waves on a team. My suggestion would be to swap one of the T-Waves for another move, such as Aura Sphere to beat any Ttar or steel leads, as Air slash won't be able to do much to them.

Hello there, Xelatho. I'm glad you're enjoying playing with your team now that you've been drawn into the world of metagame. I have read through your RMT and have seen some negative points as well as some things you might consider changing. So let's begin, if you allow me.

The first thing I notice is your Water, Fighting and Rock weaknesses. Right now, as the metagame, is now, fighting moves are pretty common, as well as water moves. Stealth Rock is too common, especially since most Ferrothorns are carrying it (and since almost every team nowadays use that pokemon). Another thing that catches my sight is your Excadrill. Excadrill is practically useless if Sand Storm is not active, but i would understand if you use it as a surprise for those sand storm teams. Last but not least, Volcarona bugs me, as well as some minor details around your other team mates.

First of all, let's talk about your Togekiss. As some have pointed out, two status moves are way too many status moves for that pokemon. I don't really like King's Rock on Togekiss. Remember it has the ability Serene Grace which doubles the probability of a secondary effect to happen, so that object you put it is useless in my opinion. Just go with the common Leftovers or if you want to play more agressive, try Life Orb. Intead of Toxic try running BodySlam and instead of ThunderWave Aura Sphere.

On Ferrothorn, change Spikes > ThunderWave
And Poygon2 is alright at the moment, I guess...

Now to your other two remaining pokemon:
-If you're happy with Excadrill just keep it, but change PoisonJab for X-Scissor and put a Jolly nature. if you want to change it, then let me think about something... I would probably use a Virizion (:

-I suggest changing your Volcarona for this dude here I use on my team. Pretty reliable and covers all the things you're acctually weak to.

Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 8 Spd
Timid Nature (+ Spd, - Atk)

- Trick
- Hidden Power (Fire)
- Hydro Pump
- Thundebolt

I do use my excadrill as a surprise to sandstorm teams and I am pretty happy with him and will use x-scissor on him. But due to unreliabity as some circumstances I will try virizion out. Rotom-w does sound like a very good idea as my volcarona was basically just filling a spot.

I've been planning on removing toxic on togekiss and will replace with aurasphere. I wanted ferrothorn to have such a moveset to surprise as it is not a common moveset for him but I will try out all you guys have told me.

I have many blind spots and didn't see anything you guys have told me before. I still need much to learn.

Keep in mind that Virizion acts as a weather counter too, and as an excellent counter I must say. Not only does his job on sand teams, but also on rain dance teams. Also, think that the surprise factor doesn't exist in this new generation because you can see your opponent's team at the beginning of the match.

An regarding you choice of not replacing Spikes > ThunderWave... It's your choice, though (:

I have tried out Rotom-W and I started to love the guy lol. Ill be trying out Virizion today. But first I have to catch him lol

I believe you should use this set on Excadrill...
Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Jolly
EV's: 4 HP, 252 Spd, 252 Atk
~ X-scissor
~ Earthquake
~ Rock Slide
~ Swords Dance
...So that you have a Psuedo - EdgeQuake, and have coverage on psychics, then you could run Rapid Spin on Starmie, using a bulkier spread.

I will try that excadrill set too :) it sounds like a good idea. Right now I am using virizion and am also loving him :) thanks again guys

Edited my post. Thanks again guys. The credit all goes to you guys. I'm loving this team now. I never thought once about those changes.

Cons: I do notice that I have a difficult time with Psychic types, especially Espeon. I was thinking about replacing Togekiss or Excadrill with a dark type.

On your Togekiss should look more like this:

~Body Slam / Thunder Wave
~Air Slash
~Flamethrower / Aura Sphere /
~Roost / Wish
item: Leftovers
nature: Calm
ability: Serene Grace
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

As for your Espeon problem you could change your Excadrill into Scizor like:

~Swords Dance
~Bullet Punch
~Superpower / Brick Break
~Bug Bite
item: Life Orb
nature: Adamant / Jolly
ability: Technician
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

After a Swords Dance Espeon will be a thing of the past.

That scizor sounds like a good idea :naughty:

Sorry if i sound stupid, but how do i teach togekiss body slam? I have a hard time looking it up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)