My first RU team

Hello all! This is my first RMT and my first RU team, i'm usually more of a UU player but recently i have been interested in dilly-dallying into RU and this team is my first attempt to do so :). Feedback is most appreciated.

So this is a pretty offensive team, with the main victory condition being bringing down enemy pokemon with stealth rocks and toxic, allowing Gallade or Hariyama to sweep.

Team:

Jonsered (Rotom-Mow) @ Choice Scarf
Ability @Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 SpD
Timid Nature (+Spe -Atk)
-Volt Switch
-Leaf Storm
-Hidden power Fire
-Trick

Alright so Rotom-C is my choice scarfer and my only special attacker, I use it to revenge kill and it can also cripple some set up sweepers with trick. It can also (very rarely however) pull of a good sweep if its the last team member alive by using volt switch. It's also my main switching to EQ's and get a free switch. Hidden power fire is my answer to opposing grass types like lilligant and can also be used against ice types like Cryogonal and the rare Regice.

Steel Hard (Steelix) @ Leftovers
Ability @ Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 SpD
Relaxed Nature (+Def -Spe)
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Gyro Ball
-Roar

Steelix is one of my 2 only defensive pokemon and its main purpose is to set up Stealth Rock and take the hits the rest of the team can't and boy is it good at sponging physical hits. It can also rack up some entry hazard damage using Roar. I'm using Roar instead of Dragon Tail because i dislike the ineffectiveness of dragon tail against substitute users.

A big Luvdisc (Alomomomomomomomomomola... Jesus that name is stupid) @ Leftovers
Ability @ Regenerator
EVs: 136 HP/252 Def/120 SpD
Impish nature (+Def -SpA)
-Protect
-Wish
-Waterfall
-Toxic

Ah Alomomola... I truly hate you for not being a Luvdisc evolution... and if you weren't so god damn good at taking hits and throwing wishes left and right i really would not be using you :D Anyway, Luvdisc here is my second defensive pokemon and is its role in the team is very obviously to be a wish supporter capable of wearing enemies down using toxic. Waterfall is there so it isn't complete taunt bait and all that jazz.

Boogeystone (Spiritomb) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP/224 Atk/36 SpD
Adamant nature (+Atk -SpA)
-Pursuit
-Shadow Sneak
-Sucker Punch
-Trick

Spiritomb is an interesting pokemon in my team that has the role of being a spin blocker and the main switch in against psychic attacks and killing psychic pokemon, it relies heavily on prediction but when used correctly is extremely effective. It's in no way capable of a sweep since all of his moves can either be played around once locked into or just aren't strong by themselves for a sweep (Unless the enemy has a BIG ghost type weakness or his pokemon are just weakened enough for Shadow Sneak to KO) it goes well with the Hariyama as it attracts alot of psychic attacks.

Sumo (Hariyama) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
Evs: 252 Atk/172 Def/84 Spe
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-Facade
-Fake Out

Hariyama was the starting point of the team and one of the most useful pokemon in the team. Guts makes Hariyama a wrecking ball and it can Mow down (sorry Rotom, i took your pun) almst anything with Close combat. Hariyama is naturally bulky and can stay in on certain fighting type threats and wear them down so that Gallade can go for a sweep later. Ghost types are a bit of a problem for Hariyama but Spiritomb can also be used to kill Ghost types.

Gally (Gallade) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Def
-Close Combat
-Shadow Sneak
-Swords Dance
-Zen headbutt

Gallade is my late game sweeper and personally one of the cooler gen 4 new evos. Gallade is a very effective pokemon that can destroy teams if it gets to set up nicely. The only real downsides of Gallade are its dissapointing speed and its ability ; Justified. Now before you get angry, i know its a fantastic ability in of itself but my team does not attract a huge number of dark type attacks, bar the occasional Drapion and Absol using them for the STAB. It however more than makes up for these flaws with its sheer power. I chose Zen Headbutt in the 4th slot because i felt that i didn't need another coverage move and opted for another STAB.

So that's it for the team :) all feedback is most appreciated and i hope i have done somewhat of a successful jump from UU to RU :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)