My first stall team! 5th gen standard

Ok so this is my third RMT, and my first stall team. Playing offence a lot is an advantage I have when I play stall, since I know how to counter them precisely. I had some fair success with this team but since I have been only playing this team for two days it is hard to know what weaknesses it has. Also, I haven't played any rain teams on the ladder but I think I have a good way to counter them.

The team:

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch
- Superpower
In Standard OU (wifi), you can change the order of your pokemon in anyway you want, and I just put this in the lead spot just so I can fake people out making them think it's the standard leadtar with SR. Anyways, when talking about stall there are obvious counters; Espeon (actually, has magic miror been released yet?), Rankurusu, Xatu (I really need a list of released DW pokemon), Latios, and Shinbora. It is such a blessing that all those pokemons are Tyranitar weak. Usually, I switch Tyranitar on all the aforementioned pokemon, scout out its moves with crunch, and pursuit when I predict a switch. Although not a threat without shadow tag, it can pursuit Shandera all the time. Ice punch is to hit Garchomp and other ice 4x weak pokemon, but thinking of ice beam too; just don't know what evs to use. Superpower is mostly filler, but it helps against other tyranitar and steels.

Nattorei (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
This guy is the guy that blocks rain abusers from sweeping. Having useful resistances to dragon, water, grass, steel, it also prevents Garchomp and other dragons without fire moves from sweeping. It sets up rocks efficiently too. I (theoretically) send it against rain sweepers I am confident I can tank to set up some hazards and tank the opponent. Power Whip and gyro ball, combined with mininum speed and a base 94 attack, make a powerful move combination. Watch iron barbs+sandstorm+life orb damage stack on outraging salamence.

Burungeru (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Boil Over
- Recover
- Taunt
- Toxic
I made burun a physical wall, just cause I wanted too. It becomes a great partner to Nattorei, covering most of its weaknesses well. Anyways, this is the spin blocker and it also prevents other rain sweepers as well as blaziken from sweeping. It is very useful because water absorb makes water moves useless and can spread status to anyone with boil over and toxic. Taunt is to prevent Nattorei from setting up on it while preventing recovery, and kills wobafett, while recover is obvious.

Latias @ Leftovers
Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Timid nature (+Spe,-Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Roar
- Calm Mind
- Recover
Suggested by Heist, I put Latias in to cover my electric and Voltos weakness while also making it tank Rankurusu. It's playstyle is similar to crocune, but instead of rest talk, Heist suggested recover roar to take advantage of spikes and scout for tyranitar switch-ins.It also outspeeds nonscarfed Garchomp and does a lot of damage to it, in which I depend on spikes to succesfully outspeed and kill it.

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain dish
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Surf
- Sludge Bomb
Against a rain team, once I set up 1 or maybe two layers of toxic spikes, everyone except Manaphy, Zapdos, and Nattorei dies. Also it tanks and kills Ludicolo, and sets up toxic spikes to end garchomp's, and other non immune sweeper's sweeps rather quickly.Rain dish helps against rain teams, as it gives it good healing. I still would have trouble against teams with a toxic spike absorber, as they always block them, even when I have a spinblocker. Keeping rocks off my team is standard to every stall team, so I have rapid spin. I wasn't too retarded to get hail, though, as it wastes a useful moveslot.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Protect
- Taunt/substitute
Remember when I said that the lead tyranitar was a lie? Well, this guy leads most of my games. Scouting first and activating toxic orb with protect and taunting those that would set up rocks. This guy also has another role; an important role: a status blocker. Since I didn't have any clerics and didn't have the guts to put bliss/chans in the team, I had to go with someone that blocks status; by getting more status!(irony) I might go with sub instead of taunt to mimick the infamous stallerin style sub protect in the sand! Anyways, I didn't want fling&acrobat because I preffered earthquake more, and I have ice fang to hit other gliscor and 4x ice weak pokemon. This guy comfortably stalls out fighting types like luc, who think can outspeed me, but don't, Dory, Landlos, Kojondo, and maybe terakion, as long as it doesn't get too many SDs.

PREVIOUS MEMBERS

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Spikes
With a ground immunity and very high defence, this guy stops sandstorm sweepers hard. Aside from flinch hax from rock slide and rare fire blasts that can't KO skarm, this guy tanks and phases every sandstorm sweeper, including Doryuuzu /exclamation! The move set is standard, and when I need too, I can brave bird on Ludicolos after taking a hit thanks to sturdy. This guy also sets up spikes, which I usually do on some overrated metagrosses and physical attackers.

That's my team! I might add a threat list soon, and I also need some help on the ev spreads, as they may be too simple.
Please rate and suggest changes.

Now with the changes to my team, I don't know how to deal with Nattorei, since it threatens Burun, Cruel, and Latias with the respective attack.(Base 150 damage + STAB and Latias is painful you know)

Hello, this is a pretty solid stall team. Firstly, you will find a list of all the released Dream World abilities in Uncharted Territory.

As it stands, you have an absolutely dire Voltolos weakness. Voltolos OHKOes every single member of your team. Rankurusu is also another threat, as you cannot guarantee Tyranitar's survival until lategame to beat Calm Mind versions. Trick Room versions are perhaps even worse, having the ability to do over 70% to each individual member of your team.

I think a Pokemon that can fit quite nicely on your team is Calm Mind + Roar Latias. With its huge special bulk, it can shrug off any Hidden Power [Ice]s coming from Voltolos and can even use it as set up fodder. CM + Roar Latias is able to Calm Mind alongside the likes of Rankurusu before deciding to Roar it away, not only leaving you with a +X but also racking up entry hazard damage to the Pokemon switching in. Even in the rare scenario that Rankurusu does attempt a X-1 sweep, you will generally beat it as Dragon Pulse averages over 30% compared to Rankurusu's Psychic which doesn't even OHKO Latias with a critical hit.

I think Latias would be the ideal replacement for your Skarmory, as Skarmory does not really bring much to your team. Nattorei is able to sponge Outrage's and Gliscor does an alright job at checking Doryuuzu. By replacing Skarmory, however, you do open yourself up slightly to Landlos although I believe the change is worth it. Unfortunately this will mean you will have to drop Leech Seed on Nattorei as Spikes + Leech Seed + SR is illegal. You could put Spikes on it and give Tyranitar or Gliscor Stealth Rock, if you wanted, although both aren't very ideal candidates.

Latias @ Leftovers
Timid | Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Dragon Pulse / Roar / Calm Mind / Recover

Not only does Roar rack up entry hazards and help Latias comfortably beat other Calm Mind users, it also has the use of scouting for potentially dangerous switch-ins. Roar can be used to scout for a Scizor or Tyranitar switch-in if both are looking to Pursuit you.

On to minor changes, you should probably use a moveset of Taunt / Toxic / Boiling Water / Recover on Burungeru. Taunt allows Burungeru to make itself not complete set-up fodder for Nattorei. Toxic allows it to damage other bulky-waters and Pokemon that switch-in such as Birijion. Taunt and Toxic also work in tandem to make Burungeru a fantastic stall breaker. You may want to consider as many as 24 Spe EVs on it as well, just to get the jump on opposing Burungeru.

Tentacruel should definitely have Rain Dish, this will give it huge utility vs. Rain Dance teams and you should consider Venom Shock, which combines nicely with Toxic Spikes.

Good team and good luck!

Bump
Oh and the Latias set is great, only my team loses skarms ability to threaten nattorei. And for Burun, taunt helps it against wobafett and prevents nattorei from setting up, but it gets threatened by power whip. Tentacruel with rain dish is great, I forgot to change the ability on it and nowthere it is. I'm considering forrypert instead of nattorei cruel and I need some advice on that. I might need to stick heatran in to threaten Nattorei too.

I really need Heatran. Without it, Skarm and nattorei would mess up my team, unable to be killed. Who should I replace it with?

Replace Burungeru, make nattorei fully physically defensive and tentacruel specially defensive. Then put a specially defensive heatran.

Then I have no spin blocker, but the team would have more defensive synergy, instead of 2 bulky waters on the same team. Should I run tormentran?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)