my first team build (it works surprisingly well)

all i need are some tips and tricks to improve my team in as many ways as possible i value anyones input

p.s. i apologize if i dont explain things well enough this is my first post and ill try my best

Laura (Umbreon) (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Synchronize

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Toxic

- Protect

- Foul Play

- Moonlight
a good tank that can take a hit and recover from it
also foulplay is good for a surprise attack
protect and toxic to drain them away while keeping her on the field

Frost (Kyurem-B) @ Power Herb

Trait: Teravolt

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Outrage

- Fusion Bolt

- Freeze Shock

-Steel Wing

Good physical sweeper that can take a hit and can help OHKO
threats like most dragons and gliscor
power herb so i dont need to wait a turn to use freeze shock

Guile (Darmanitan) (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Sheer Force

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Flare Blitz

- Stone Edge

- Earthquake

- Superpower
Very strong physical sweeper that although may not live long will certainly
hurt most major threats such as heatran

Whoudini (Alakazam) (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Magic Guard

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Dazzling Gleam

- Psychic

- Signal Beam

- Hidden Power [Dark]
good special sweeper with the same idea as darmanitan but much faster and will usually OHKO most opponents

Shino (Venusaur) (M) @ Venusaurite

Trait: Overgrow

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Sleep Powder

- Poison Powder

- Sludge Bomb

- Giga Drain
A good meaty wall ready to poison aor put the enemy to sleep then sludge bomb them to oblivion
giga drain too keep him out on the battle field

Ripper (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Sturdy

EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 SDef

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Brave Bird

- Roost

- Whirlwind

- Spikes

really nothing special here i apologiz ejust a good pokemon to set up with spikes then use whirlwind to get bog threats out of the way and roost to keep it up and brave bird so it can do some damage if backed into a corner

like i said i apologize if this is not as well detailed as it should but i will answer as many questions as possible and am more than welcome to any way to improve the team i am told it is good but im sur eit can be better

First things first, fix your EV's. Almost everything in the game needs odd hp, because residual damage rounds down. This means that you get to switch in 5 times instead of 4 with rock-weak pokes like Kyurem and Darmanitan, assuming no damage taken or healed. This I've seen matter against teams with several walls that spam roar/ww with hazards up, since something with 1 hp is better than something that is dead.

What exactly are you trying to hit with HP dark on Alakazam? Most things that are weak to dark are also weak to bug, so it's redundant coverage. Why not Energy Ball (for Rotom W, Gastrodon, and Quagsire; all of which are at least somewhat popular), Focus Blast (if willing to deal with the inaccuracy, ohko's most pursuit trappers if it does hit), Shadow Ball (hits everything that HP Dark hits, only harder), HP Ice/Ground/Rock/anything else that isn't redundant coverage with what you're already using...

Toxic > Poison Powder. Does the same thing, more accuracy.

Since you don't already have something that uses it, consider dropping Skarm's spikes for Stealth Rock. Stealth Rock hits more targets than spikes, including ones that you'd want to take more damage (like Flying and Bug types).

Hey man. You also want Rock Slide over Stone Edge on Darm. Sheer Force makes it have 97.5 Power instead of 100, so it's a little weaker, but it's way more Accurate.

I also recommend this Kyurem Set: 56 HP 236 Special attack 216 speed and Sub, Ice Beam, Fusion Bolt, Earth Power. This set will wreck teams, especially stall, and is arguably it's best set.

Also run U-Turn over Earthquake on Darm for Utility, and also consider a Scarf over Life Orb. It's not a bad team by any means, so definitely give a thought to some of my and Emmy's changes.

Take care man.

Hey man. You also want Rock Slide over Stone Edge on Darm. Sheer Force makes it have 97.5 Power instead of 100, so it's a little weaker, but it's way more Accurate.

I also recommend this Kyurem Set: 56 HP 236 Special attack 216 speed and Sub, Ice Beam, Fusion Bolt, Earth Power. This set will wreck teams, especially stall, and is arguably it's best set.

Also run U-Turn over Earthquake on Darm for Utility, and also consider a Scarf over Life Orb. It's not a bad team by any means, so definitely give a thought to some of my and Emmy's changes.

Take care man.
thanks bro appreciate it

I would recommend choice specs on the alakazam, and life orb something else. Also, Darmanitan could be switched with a better option for a physical sweeper... not to be a fanboy but namely Breloom, Lucario, etc. I'd recommend energy ball on Alakazam instead of hp dark... more coverage. And you are a little wall/tank heavy between Skarory Venusaur and Umbreon. That's about all I have to say. Personally, I would go all out annoying set on Mega Venusaur with Giga Drain, Ingrain, Leech Seed, and Sludge Bomb, but I'm weird. So yeah, happy battling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)