My First Team

Well this is my first actual team, since I just recently started competitively battling. This team is some Poké's have worked well together for me. I would just like some others opinions on how I can improve it. Now without further ado let's get to the team:

Kotzen the Scolipede:

Scolipede @ Weakness Policy
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Def / 128 Spe
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Iron Defense
- Earthquake
- Baton Pass
- Substitute

Scolipede is normally the lead for my team. He's the setup, and his defensive nature goes great against most other leads (except Life Orb Gale Wings Talonflame). He runs Iron Defense instead of Swords Dance, because the rest of my team is pretty good offensively and he's got Weakness Policy on him to help the next Poké on my team by raising Atk and Sp. Atk (if hit by a super effective move of course), whomever it may be. I put on Earthquake for coverage, but I could also switch it out with Poison Jab for Fairy coverage.

Vulcan the Typhlosion:

Typhlosion @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
Flamethrower
Focus Blast
Extrasensory
Hidden Power - Ice
Typhlosion is fast and hits hard. Coupled with Life Orb for more attack power, and hopefully a Weakness Policy Boost from Kotzen and some Iron Defenses then Vulcan becomes a Physical tank (still
susceptible to attacks like Surf, Earth Power, and what not). But having Hidden Power - Ice covers Ground Types, while Flamethrower gets STAB. Focus Blast and Extrasensory for coverage and still being able to hit hard.

Julius the Empoleon of Rome:

Empoleon @ Assault Vest
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 SpDef
Modest Nature (+SpAtk, -Atk)
Flash Cannon
Surf
Ice Beam
Scald
Juluis, the Empoleon, is getting to the point where the more I use him the more I love his ability to be a Special Wall. With Assault Vest on plus his EV training, and doing some calculations: 252 SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Empoleon: 126-150 (40.6 - 48.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO. Flash Cannon provides good coverage, and solid STAB. Same with Surf and Scald (plus the ability to Burn). Ice Beam is there for coverage, but is subject to change. Being able to take as well as it gives out is my plan for Empoleon.

Rolento the Boss Scrafty:

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Def / 64 Sp. Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpAtk)
Dragon Dance
Ice Punch
Stone Edge
Drain Punch
Rolento packs quite the punch. After a set up by Scolipede, and a couple of Dragon Dance's Rolento has turned on sweep mode. Ice Punch packs quite the cold touch when dealing with Gliscor. After two Dragon Dances, or a Weakness Policy +2 252+ Atk Scrafty Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 344-408 (97.1 - 115.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO. Stone Edge there for more flying coverage. Drain Punch there to heal itself when needed. Scrafty is quite the Sweep possibility, either he starts a sweep for or against me. But I'm pretty happy with his results so far.

Keldeo:

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp Atk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
Secret Sword
Surf
Hidden Power - Ghost
Scald

Keldeo is probably one of my favorite Mons, and of course I know my team outside of Scarfty isn't really adept to Special Walls, so Secret Sword is in place to help with that predicament. Very good offensively, and Choice Specs to raise it's already high Sp. Atk.

Zeus the Mega Ampharos:

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Trait: Static/Mold Breaker
EVs: 128 Def / 252 Sp. Atk / 128 Sp Def.
Modest Nature (+Sp Atk, -Atk)
Dragon Pulse

Thunderbolt
Power Gem/Thunder Wave
Focus Blast
Ampharos got a nice little upgrade with it's Mega this Generation, and along side Mega Aerodactyl is my favorite Mega. It's bulk and power make it a good one for my team. Having really high Sp. Atk allows me to use attacks like Dragon Pulse and Focus Blast without STAB and still get pretty good damage. Still debating weather to use Power Gem or Thunder Wave to get a guaranteed
Paralysis up, but I'm not sure yet.

Skalaylee

I dont even realize everyone in my sig is being sarcastic
I like this team due to the fact that i dont see alot of these mons use but i think this could work.But i do see a few changes that can be made to help further this team.

Other then your Keldeo and Speed Boosted Scoli this team is rather slow.Speed is a big factor with all of these Hyper offensive teams all around. So i see two ways you can change this

Replace Typlosion With Latias

Latias-Scarf/specs (+Speed,-Attack)
-Draco meteor
-Psyshock
-HP Fire
-Thunderbolt/Surf

Keldeo-Scarf/Specs (+Speed,-Attack)
-Hydro Pump/surf
-Sacred Sword
-Icy wind
-Hp Grass

I have seen both of these pokemon sweep with Specs
I personally would use Specs Latias and Scarf keldeo becuase i have seen a Specs Latias tkae a rotom down from a 100% and have more then enough to hit it again for the 2HKO

And for scrafty maybe run

Shed Skin
-Rest
-Bulk Up
-ice punch
-drain punch

Scrafty is still slow after two dragon dances so the speed it useless to might at weel bulk up and get more defense

I like this team due to the fact that i dont see alot of these mons use but i think this could work.But i do see a few changes that can be made to help further this team.

Other then your Keldeo and Speed Boosted Scoli this team is rather slow.Speed is a big factor with all of these Hyper offensive teams all around. So i see two ways you can change this

Replace Typlosion With Latias

Latias-Scarf/specs (+Speed,-Attack)
-Draco meteor
-Psyshock
-HP Fire
-Thunderbolt/Surf

Keldeo-Scarf/Specs (+Speed,-Attack)
-Hydro Pump/surf
-Sacred Sword
-Icy wind
-Hp Grass

I have seen both of these pokemon sweep with Specs
I personally would use Specs Latias and Scarf keldeo becuase i have seen a Specs Latias tkae a rotom down from a 100% and have more then enough to hit it again for the 2HKO

And for scrafty maybe run

Shed Skin
-Rest
-Bulk Up
-ice punch
-drain punch

Scrafty is still slow after two dragon dances so the speed it useless to might at weel bulk up and get more defense
Yeah, I see what you're saying, but I don't have access to HP Fire Latias, or HP Grass Keldeo.

What CopperViper is saying is that Surf/Scald is redundant. Choose one, not both. My recommendation is that since you're running max Special attack, you use Surf (Scald's burn chance is nice but you're not running defensive empoleon, after all).

Your Empoleon special wall is completely walled by Gastrodon and Rotom-Wash. As a result, give it HP Grass.

What CopperViper is saying is that Surf/Scald is redundant. Choose one, not both. My recommendation is that since you're running max Special attack, you use Surf (Scald's burn chance is nice but you're not running defensive empoleon, after all).

Your Empoleon special wall is completely walled by Gastrodon and Rotom-Wash. As a result, give it HP Grass.
Oh okay. I'll see about that. Thanks for your input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)