ORAS OU My Hyper Offensive Team

How should i exchange the HO team with Starmie, Talonflame, Latios, Kyurem-B and/or Garchomp

• Add Starmie (another spinner and damage dealer)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Add Talonflame (physical sweeper)

• Add Latios (special sweeper)

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Add Kyurem-B

• Replace Azelf with Garchomp

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Hello, I am fairly new, I came up with pokemons with the help of the HO Guide and few other people on this forum. I really enjoys playing hyper offensive teams because it is fun to sweeps other people's team. So far, i tested it out and it works on some and not others like a tyranitar start.

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
I chose Mega Charizard X because it is my favorite pokemon so I have decided to base off that. Dragon Dance can give you a good speed and attack boost so it benefits flare blitz and dragon claw. Flare blitz is to counter types that are weak to fire like grass and bug types. Dragon claw is use to damage opponent if the fire type move isn't very effective like water and ground. Finally, roost is to heal to Charizard from recoil of the flare blitz and other damages.

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
This is my support pokemon for Charizard. Earthquake and Iron Head are good STAB moves which is good to cover more types than Charizard. Rapid spin is a necessary move to remove stealth rock with is good for Charizard because it is a flying type. I use rock slide if the target is weak to rock types

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Flamethrower
- Explosion
This is my team's lead which I will lay stealth rock or taunt down depends on the opponent pokemon. If the opponent pokemon is a status one, I will use taunt and then stealth rock. Stealth rock is good for chipping damage a bit and then I can sweep in with Charizard and focus sash doesn't work because I stealth rock already damaged them. Flamethrower is for damage dealing so I can get a pokemon or two off their team from the start if I have type advantage. Explosion is my last minute move so it can pack a bunch when Azelf still has a bit of health left.

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
This pokemon is on my team because it can have a good offensive capability and to lay another stealth rock if the opponent have a spin the field earlier. Earthquake and stone edge is good a wide varity of coverage like fire and eletric. The U-Turn is for switching into the pokemon that can support Landorus-Therian like Rotom-W which can support it.

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
I mainly use this pokemon to switch off with my Landorus-T so they can support each other. Hydro pump can deal massive damage to ground types which Landorus-T can't deal much with. I can use volt switch so I can switch into other pokemon that Rotom-W might have trouble with. Thunderbolt is for takes care of the water types, and will-o-wisp to chip away the opponent hp especially if they are a grass type.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick
Last but not least, this will be my clean up pokemon with a bit boost of Life Orb to finish the match up. So speed is crucial. Knock off can deal reasonable amount of damage if they have an item on them. So I finish the opponent off this way. Icicle crash is excellent counter to dragon types so I don't have to pull out my Charizard early. Ice shard is like a quick attack, and it is ice type so I go first if the opponent dragon type may outspeed me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey JaCkson720, this build is interesting but I don't really think it can really be called hyper offense. You have Pokemon like defensive Landorus-T and Rotom-W which aren't necessarily momentum killers, but they aren't keeping up the pace of a typical hyper offense team, especially when paired together. SpDef Excadrill is definitely out of place on hyper offense, as Sand Rush or Scarf Mold Breaker variants definitely compliment the playstyle better. Also, having a suicide lead and another Stealth Rock setter makes the suicide lead a complete waste of a slot since it isn't fulfilling a necessary role at all. My rate will fix these issues and focus on the offensive synergy of your team.

First, your Rotom-W set could use improvement you have very unreliable recovery. You should run Leftovers > Sitrus Berry on Rotom-W since Rotom-W is a pivot that will be switching in and out of hazards and attacks and can be worn down very quickly. With Pokemon that it commonly checks like Azumarill and Tornadus-T carrying Knock Off you can potentially lose all recovery options and cut your longevity short. Because of this you should also run Pain Split > Thunderbolt on Rotom-W, for a secondary healing option, as well as run only 88 Speed EVs since that's all you need to outspeed Jolly Crawdaunt. Outspeeding Base 70s with max speed EVs and a neutral nature isn't very relevant for Rotom-W since there aren't really any Pokemon with Base 70 Speed that it aims to check.

Next, you should run lure Landorus-T > defensive Landorus-T to have something to support Charizard-X in sweeping. With a Life Orb + Hidden Power Ice and Grass Knot it can beat stuff like opposing Landorus-T, Slowbro, Hippowdon, and Quagsire that Charizard-X typically struggles against. Smack Down helps it beat stuff like Skarmory and Rotom-W on switch in so it can go for a strong Life Orb boosted Earthquake. You should also run Chople Berry Tyranitar > Weavile + Sand Rush Excadrill > SpDef Excadrill so you have speed control, a new answer to (Mega) Alakazam, fast electric types and the Latis, a replacement Stealth Rock setter, and answer to stuff like opposing Charizard-X, as well as Charizard-Y. Excadrill can benefit from Landorus-T breaking down bulky Water and Ground types like Rocky Helmet Garchomp and Rotom-W that it typically struggles with, and can also be a win condition if you choose to run Swords Dance rather than Rock Slide.

Lastly, you should run Nasty Plot Celebi > Azelf for a check to Keldeo, M-Lopunny, opposing Rotom-W, M-Diancie, and Mold Breaker Excadrill, as well as an additional water resist and a lure to Heatran with Earth Power to support Charizard-X. Nasty Plot also helps it beat stuff like Calm Mind Slowbro and Suicune that can annoy your team quite a bit after they start setting up on Tyranitar or Excadrill.

Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 56 SpA / 200 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance / Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 52 SpD / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Recover

Hope I was able to help!

Hey JaCkson720, this build is interesting but I don't really think it can really be called hyper offense. You have Pokemon like defensive Landorus-T and Rotom-W which aren't necessarily momentum killers, but they aren't keeping up the pace of a typical hyper offense team, especially when paired together. SpDef Excadrill is definitely out of place on hyper offense, as Sand Rush or Scarf Mold Breaker variants definitely compliment the playstyle better. Also, having a suicide lead and another Stealth Rock setter makes the suicide lead a complete waste of a slot since it isn't fulfilling a necessary role at all. My rate will fix these issues and focus on the offensive synergy of your team.

First, your Rotom-W set could use improvement you have very unreliable recovery. You should run Leftovers > Sitrus Berry on Rotom-W since Rotom-W is a pivot that will be switching in and out of hazards and attacks and can be worn down very quickly. With Pokemon that it commonly checks like Azumarill and Tornadus-T carrying Knock Off you can potentially lose all recovery options and cut your longevity short. Because of this you should also run Pain Split > Thunderbolt on Rotom-W, for a secondary healing option, as well as run only 88 Speed EVs since that's all you need to outspeed Jolly Crawdaunt. Outspeeding Base 70s with max speed EVs and a neutral nature isn't very relevant for Rotom-W since there aren't really any Pokemon with Base 70 Speed that it aims to check.

Next, you should run lure Landorus-T > defensive Landorus-T to have something to support Charizard-X in sweeping. With a Life Orb + Hidden Power Ice and Grass Knot it can beat stuff like opposing Landorus-T, Slowbro, Hippowdon, and Quagsire that Charizard-X typically struggles against. Smack Down helps it beat stuff like Skarmory and Rotom-W on switch in so it can go for a strong Life Orb boosted Earthquake. You should also run Chople Berry Tyranitar > Weavile + Sand Rush Excadrill > SpDef Excadrill so you have speed control, a new answer to (Mega) Alakazam, fast electric types and the Latis, a replacement Stealth Rock setter, and answer to stuff like opposing Charizard-X, as well as Charizard-Y. Excadrill can benefit from Landorus-T breaking down bulky Water and Ground types like Rocky Helmet Garchomp and Rotom-W that it typically struggles with, and can also be a win condition if you choose to run Swords Dance rather than Rock Slide.

Lastly, you should run Nasty Plot Celebi > Azelf for a check to Keldeo, M-Lopunny, opposing Rotom-W, M-Diancie, and Mold Breaker Excadrill, as well as an additional water resist and a lure to Heatran with Earth Power to support Charizard-X. Nasty Plot also helps it beat stuff like Calm Mind Slowbro and Suicune that can annoy your team quite a bit after they start setting up on Tyranitar or Excadrill.

Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 56 SpA / 200 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance / Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 52 SpD / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Recover

Hope I was able to help!
Sorry for not replying for a while, I got busy. Yes, I do like your changes and I have played a few matches with it, and they were great!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)