My LAST 4th gen OU RMT! *read*

Alright so this is my last 4th gen OU team :(. I made this team one day while i was bored in science class. So tell me whatcha think.
*NOTE I DONT BATTLE OR USE ROTOM FORMS

---------------------------LEAD---------------------------

THE ANTI LEAD

Blastoice@Life orb
Ability:Torrent
Evs: 252 HP 252 sp att
Nature: Modest

Hydro Pump
Fake Out
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin

This is an anti lead Blastoice. It is designed to destroy people who try to set up entry hazards. By blowing them away and hitting them with a WICKED Hydro pump and Ko'ing. It fake outs first to break any sashes then proceeds to hydro pump and wreck thing in its spot. It works very well and my opponent rareley will get up SR or Spikes etc. I have ice beam to destroy lead Dragonites which are kind of rare but a huge threat. I have max HP so Blastoise can take hits a little better so it can definetley get rocks away and KO.

THE Stealth rock user

Metagross@Lum berry
Ability: Clear Body
Evs: 252 HP 252 att
Nature Jolly

Meteor Mash
Stealth Rock
Bullet Punch
EXPLODE!!!

This is kind of a standard Lum berry lead Metagross. His job is to come in and set up SR Then do some damage and matbe go WTF BOOOOOOOM! He has jolly for respectable speed and lum berry in case somebody tries to pull a fast one. Pretty much gets up Steath Rock Every time. I usualy save him for later to go WTF BOOOOOM on blissey os somthing im having trouble with.
-------------------------THE CORE----------------------------------

Starmie@Life Orb
Ability: Natural cure
Evs: 252 sp att 252 speed
Nature: TImid

Hydro Pump
Thunder Bolt
Psychic
Rapid Spin

This is the standard life orb Starmie. I have rapid spin on just in case my anti lead fails to blow away Hazards. Basicly a starmie that really packs a punch and can really dent a team if not prepared for it. With two powerful STAB moves and blazing speed Starmie is a serious threat if not taken seriously.

Arcanine@Leftovers
ABility:Flash fire
EVs: 252 att 252 speed
Nature Adamant

Flare Blitz
Extreme speed
Agility
Thunder Fang

This is an awesome set that I made it is pretty sweet because it makes aracanine lighting fast and gives is sweeping possibilities because of it respectable bulk it cant be easily taken out priority moves. H e has Thunder fang for the ever so common gyarados and bulky waters. he also has flash fire to take fire moves aimed at Sceptile or Metagross

Sceptile@Life ORB
Ability: Overgrow
Evs: 252 att 252 speed
Nature: Timid

Dragon Pulse
Energy Ball
Focus Blast
HP-FIRE

Basicly I have designed this set to rip through teams quickly. because How many times have you seen sceptile in OU? HP fire ripping apart skarmory and Forretress. Basicly this set can amost any OU pokemon with atleast Normal damage. Zapdos gives this set HELL so I might put rock slide.
--------------------------REVENGE KILLER---------------------------

Flygon@Choice scarf
Ability:Levitate
Evs:252 att 252 speed
Nature:JOlly

Outrage
U-Turn
Earthquake
Fire Blast

Well, I have gotten rid of Alakazam because Tyranitar and sczizor will love to pursuit So I am using the ever so common Fly gon revenge killer:(. He basicly has blazing fast speed and I put jolly on in case of a +2 jolly DD gyarados . So basicly i can use him for U-turn damage and to scout things and who knows maybe even sweep when all steel pokemon are gone?

So that was my team I see a big weakness to bug types but that can easily be delt with by Arcanine. Please be picky and if i made some grammar mistakes then please dont say anything because you will be laughed at.. Thank you in advance

-Cosbykid

Your team has quite a lot of unusual pokemon and combinations to be used in OU. They would not even be considered gimmicky. Many of these pokemon can be very easily revenge killed or checked, like if a Choice Scarfed Tyranitar switched into your Alakazam's or Starmie's Psychic and your so called sweeper Arcanine is easily walled by Swampert. So here is what you should do.

First off, Blastoise is not meant to be a hard Special Attacker (at all really) and have the move Rapid Spin and compared to many other Water types, it really just does not click. It also shares the same weakness as Starmie who is another Water type on your team. Instead, change your Blastoise lead to:

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed
48 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpD
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Roar

With this as your lead you get a pokemon with better typing as you lose the extra Electric weakness (important as Thunderbolt is the most common Special Attack), relieve the stress off Metagross as your Stealth Rock user and is a good overall bulky lead and way better than Blastoise.

Now that Metagross no longer has to use Stealth Rock, you can change it to another set. My suggestion would be a Choice Band set consisting of the same EVs, but with an Adamant nature for a much better frontal attack, the move Explosion over Thunderpunch and either Zen Headbutt or Bullet Punch over Stealth Rock. With a Choice Band attached, Metagross can hit far more than it ever could before.

I am not sure what you would rather Starmie be, a bulky Rapid Spinner or a hard hitting Special Attacker...either way Psychic is a no go. If you are sticking with the Special Attacker set change Psychic to Ice Beam as it offers a much better coverage on Grass, Dragon and Flying types such as Dragonite, Zapdos, Breloom, Celebi, Shaymin and Flygon. You should also change Rapid Spin to Recover as Starmie is going to have a hard time staying in and constantly switching without it. If you want Starmie as a bulky Rapid Spinner, change the EVs to 252 HP / 252 Spe and the moves Psychic and Hydro Pump to Recover and Surf. Because you are focusing on a defensive set, it does not need he extra power and certainly not the decrease in accuracy. Also change Life Orb to Leftovers for Rapid Spinner too.

For Alakazam, maybe you might like a different revenge killer, one with no Bug weakness and provides some offensive momentum. How abot a Flygon instead?

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Naive
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

With a nice 100 Base Speed to outspeed all non-scarfed and non-boosted pokemon and most others with, Flygon adds some decent coverage to the team offensively. It provides a way to scout your opponent, another check for the most commonly used pokemon in the tier Heatran and a decent late game sweeper when all Steel types are gone with Outrage.

Well that is pretty much it for me, hope my help was insightful.

Thanks, bye!

The thing about this team is I tryed to use Uncommonthings and uncommon leads. And a choice sarf flygon is very predictable and alakazam is not.

*EDIT* I think you missed the whole point of this team it was to have an anti lead (Blastoise) to prevent the opponent from setting up SR and getting a few Kos with a powerful Hydro pump. Now that is a creative set and nobody would predict that and alakazam is the one of the fastest pokemon in the game at 120 base speed with a choice scar it is sitting at 180. Flygon is sitting at 150. And it is very unpredictable to have choice scarf alakazam. thanks for rating though

You've got the team structure down, but there's no need to have so many UU's. Unusual sets are great, but it's also important that each member is actually effective.

I'd say move Starmie to the lead position and get rid of Blastoise. The two have overlapping roles, and Starmie is really a better lead, especially when used with Lum Metagross. Speaking of which, definitely add Bullet Punch > Thunderpunch on Metagross, as the priority is much more important than anything Thunderpunch has to offer.

Your core could also do with some changes. Since CB Scizor is such a problem, Gyarados would be a pretty good fill-in for a Water-type. You say you have Arcanine to take Bug attacks, but it actually takes 21.4% - 25.4% from a CB U-turn, meaning that with Stealth Rock down you're going to get about two switch-ins with it at best. Every other team member is basically OHKO / 2HKO'd. Arcanine itself isn't very good in OU, seeing as it's weak to Stealth Rock and Heatran or Infernape would be much more effective. Sceptile is actually decent in OU, although you should use HP Ice instead of Dragon Pulse to hit opposing Grass-types.

I don't like Alakazam as a revenge killer. Sure it's fast, but it can switch into hardly anything, and is easily trapped by Pursuit users. Late-game, common sweepers like Gyarados or Lucario are really problematic, and Alakzam doesn't help out at all against them. Flygon is actually a good suggestion, although Scarf Jirachi can also work since it has higher bulk and is somewhat more safe to switch in.

This is a very well thought out team. I think you could win on surprise tactics alone. I don't see a single thing wrong with this team at all.

A lot of these sets seem inefficient and going out for their way to be non-standard. So just let me tweak a bit.

Starmie should ditch Psychic unless you want it be Pursuit bait. Standard Ice Beam rounds things out nicely.

Thunderpunch is too situational on Metagross (usually better off just booming) and you'll be missing out on the the priority Bullet Punch.

E-Speed has bad move synergy with Agility on Arcanine and I would suggest changing the set to CB or removing him altogether because he's better fit for the UU environment.

Zam is a poor choice for a revenge killer. A revenge killer needs super-effective coverage while Zam's movepool is more built around unresisted coverage and being able to switch attacks. On top of that, his only STAB (that you're locking him into with a Choice Scarf) rolls out the red carpet for Ttar to Pursuit trap. Vaz's suggestion of Scarf Flygon should do.

Starmie is already doing Blastoise's job better. Get rid of the turtle for something like a Physically Defensive Zapdos that can give you a solid Scizor switch-in and a backup check to Lucario.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Timid | Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spd
Thunderbolt / Heat Wave / Hidden Power Grass / Roost

On a personal note, I realize you're daring to be different in an OU whoring metagame, but really you're just putting yourself at a disadvantage when other people play to win. Good Luck with the team!

I am very awarre how they work but i was just comparing what the base stat is with a scarf
Scarf doesn't check base stat. It checks total. For example, base 100 speed isn't double of base 50.
Flygon is better than Alakazam. Alakazam is to frail to survive and Blissey will have a field day switching in.

With 31 IVs:
Min- stat equation: .9(2(Base Stat) + 36)
Min stat equation: 2(Base Stat) + 36
Max stat equation: 2(Base Stat) + 99
Max+ stat equation: 1.1(2(Base Stat) + 99)

A better anti-lead would be Aerodactyl. Use Taunt and set up your rocks. He has respectable attack with a stab stone edge and EQ. Helps for great coverage.

Okay, one of the main problems I see is that you are missing 4 EVs for every pokemon, perhaps you want to even things out with your EVs and have some mixed sweepers to get past skarm bliss.

Saying no to Aero. He already has SR and it's hardly an anit-lead anyway since just about everything is prepared to beat it. Go with Faldaran's suggestion and move Starmie to the lead spot for better synergy with Metagross. If you want to man up against stall teams, I'd add MixApe over Arcanine. Here's the set.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Naive | Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 64 SpAtk / 192 Spd
Fire Blast / Close Combat / Stone Edge / Mach Punch

Nape gives you a much needed stall breaker, while also cockblocking two major threats to your team, Gyarados and Lucario. Stone Edge catches Gyara on the switch and Mach Punch trumps E-Speed, revenging +2 Lucario when Flygon can't. He also retains the bug resist that everyone seems to be bitching about. If you're not feeling my Zapdos set from the first post, I highly recommend this poke.

NO THUNDERPUNCH ON META. Put it on Flygon over Fire Blast to revenge DD Gyara.

SubSeed Sceptile was better imo. Your new set is outclassed by LO Shaymin.

edit: Wtf Blastoise isn't gone yet?

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i dont battle stall teams and i dont give a fuck about the last 6 Evs
That's not the right attitude if you want a proper rate, if you're battling purely on wi-fi sure, you can arrange it so that you never have to battle a stall team. However, if you are battling on PO ladder you will undoubtedly run into stall teams of some sort. If you're insistent on using lead blastoise with max hp max sp.a, just run modest. Also, to 'I don't give a fuck about the last 6 EVs', we don't give a fuck; if you want a real rate there is no reason not to put those last 6 (in effectiveness 4), in some stat. As others have said, meteor mash + earthquake is better than meteor mash + thunderpunch, for coverage reasons, and the fact that thunderpunch is only 75 BP. Also, running Jolly max speed on metagross without the intention of sweeping (i.e, no rock polish / agility), is ineffective, as you sacrifice metagross' natural bulk by not pumping EVs into HP. I suggest Adamant max hp max attack, and the last 6 you don't give a fuck about can go into spe or one of your defenses.
Yeah, psychic on starmie provides redundant coverage, hitting poison and fighting types, both of which are pretty mauled by stab hydro pump and letting you become complete pursuit bait for scarftar).
Agility arcanine? Running priority on it? Using a jolly nature? If you're insistent on running this, go find some speed benchmarks, i.e. run enough with an adamant nature to outspeed certain scarfed pokemon; since you don't seem to 'give a fuck' I'm not going to do it for you. Also this set is retarded, it doesn't do enough damage, doesn't have life-orb, and bulky ground and even bulky water types won't take enough (lol, thunder fang).
Sceptile - sure, pure specially attacking sceptile, 105 base sp.a, oh yeah. Generally unstabbed dragon moves as a means of coverage is stupid, they just don't do enough damage, and only hit dragons super effectively; although the appeal of unresisted coverage of dragon/fighting sounds appealing, it won't do enough. Admittedly, this set may catch some people by surprise, but once you reveal your hand it's going to get revenge killed by a scarfer or scizor if you've taken enough residual damage to BP to ko (doesn't need much BP does 81.2 - 96.2% on 4/0 sceptile, so you've a chance to be taken out after only SR damage, with one turn of life orb or one layer of spikes + sr you're guaranteed to be taken out.
Just a note, + 2 Jolly max spe gyara outruns flygon anyway, and wtf are you going to do to gyara anyway outrage is only a 2hko, and + 1 jolly life orb gyara's waterfall does a minimum of 99%.
This team is needs some work.

Aright so your saying I should get rid of: Sceptile,Arcanine,? Well TY for the good rate and thoughtfullness. I disagreee on the Arcanine and I don't think its evr been done before and I willl sureley make him adamant. His whole point was to come in during the middle of the battle on an expected fire move get flash fire boost and WRECK PEOPLES SHIT with flare blitz. I have leftovers on because Flare Blitz will cause so much recoil. SR will never be up on my anti lead. And to tell you guys the truth i have never seen a scarfed scizor in my 165 wifi battles. I have MANY swords dance scizor. I think they dont run scarf anymore because of the ever so common magnezone and one you lock yourself in BP and a magnezone comes in your scizor is fucked.

starmie notice

I like your team but your starmie can actually be beaten by a life orb technition hitmontop. It can fake out ur starmie sttoping it's rapid spin, then sucker punch for the K.O. other then that, I dont' think i could beat this team

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Scarf scizor is uncommon, but Band scizor is EXTREMELY omnipresent; it's fucking everywhere. By far the most common scizor set of the fourth gen, with reason.

I agree with Faladran. Starmie and Blastoise essentially do the same thing. It seems your team really focuses a lot on spinning away entry hazards, but you don't really have any pokemon that benefit from entry hazards. I would reccommend changing this.

But Blastoice is not expected to do the same thing as starmie and has a LOT better defences most importatntly it has fake out to break those damn sashes most common SR leads have...

The point of lead starmie is that it can bring opposing leads down to their sash, then rapid spin to kill and clear rocks. I believe that's the point everyone else is trying to make.

Edit: put SR instead of rapid spin, dear god.

Well I will try Blatoice first and if it dosent work I will switch to Starmie... I will be sure to report back! I cant sav (BECAUSE I BELIEVE IT IS CHEATING) so i estimate this team will take me a week to complete!

No one can give you much more advice if you insist on using sceptile and arcanine as wallbreakers in OU, they are by no means bad pokemon, but you didn't exactly build a team to support them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)