My latest -RMT-

Shoud I keep Gyrados? (Please say that the end of your post)

• Yes

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey guy's,
this is my most successful team to date.
I have been getting a very good win rate, like 90% or something (37-6)
I would still like to get it better though! My current rank is: 1148
Thanks for rating!!

The Lead

Empoleon @ Focus sash
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Modest nature
~ Hydro Pump
~ Aqua Jet
~ Stealth Rock
~ Grass Knot
This is a awesome lead. He can set up stealth rock for sure, and
this Empoleon helps deal with a lot of the common lead's today.
Hydro Pump can OHKO a Azelf lead, but they always have focus sash,
the Aqua jet can take it out.
If he survives the start of the match,
He makes a great revenge killer with Aqua jet,
as well as Focus sash makes him often get into Torrent range.

The Bait/raw power

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spe
Adamant nature
~ U-turn
~ Bullet Punch
~ Superpower
~ Pursuit
Choice band scizor is a good revenge killer,
scout, bait, and just powerful pokemon.
He is my main revenge killer,
with Bullet Punch OHKOing Gengar most the time,
and doing decent damage to other pokes as well.
One great bait I do, is switch into a slower fire type,
(such as non-scarfed heatran, magmorter, ect.)
and U-turn into my heatran, it never fails :D

The glue

Breloom @ Toxic orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs 44 HP/252 Atk/212 Spe
Adamant nature
~ Substitute
~ Leech Seed
~ Focus Punch
~ Spore
This Breloom is the glue that hold's my team together.
It's very entertaining to watch sub-seed sweep teams.
If I can get a good setup on say, a slow water type or something,
this guy has been known to to sweep up to 5 pokemon in a game (that's happened like 5 times o_0)
So yeah he's awesome. :naughty:

The Special attacker

Heatran @ Life Orb
Ability: Fire Flash
4 Atk/252 SpA/252 Spe
Naive nature
~ Fire Blast
~ Earth Power
~ Explosion
~ Hidden Power Electric
This is my big SpA poke.
I love switching him into Rhyperior it's just epic.. :D
He's a great Forretress counter as well.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
84 Atk/216 SpA/208 Spe
Mild nature (+SpA, -Def)
~ Draco Meteor
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Blast
~ Outrage
MixMence is great wall breaker,
and a major thread to most of OU.
Draco meteor hit's flying type's for neutral damage,
and OHKO's any other dragon type.
Earthquake is for any fire types,
Fire Blast takes on any steel, and helps random grass switch in's.
Outrage, I use if I'm not ready for the stat loss of Draco meteor,
but I use it then switch out.

The main Revenge Killer

Latias @ Choice Scarf
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest nature
~ Draco Meteor
~ Surf
~ Thunderbolt
~ Trick
This Latias is a awesome revenge killer.
With a base speed stat of 110,
he makes a wonderful revenge killer.
Draco Meteor takes down a dd Mence/dragonite, as well as gyra,
however I usually stick with thounderbolt for him.
OK, Thanks! Please rate me!

i can vouch for breloom having had my team sweeped multiply time by breloom with similar move sets

I HATE BRELOOM! there still great pkm tho :P

i can vouch for breloom having had my team sweeped multiply time by breloom with similar move sets

I HATE BRELOOM! there still great pkm tho :P
Yeah, I've had people yell at me "BRELOOM IS SO CHEAP!"
or "HE SCKS!" and stuff :naughty:

One thing I noticed right off the bat is that you said your Heatran is an Electrvire and Lucario counter? He's not. Because you don't have a Scarf on him he'll get outspeeded and OHKO'd by Electivire's Earthquake, or Lucario's Close Combat. I just want to make sure you know that. You might think about giving him substitute in place of one of his other moves, like Explosion or HP Electric.

Also, this entire team could be swept by DDmence after a single Dragon Dance. Fire Blast takes out Scizor and Breloom. Outrage gets rid of Latias and Gyarados (unless your Gyarados is really bulky, which it's not). Then Earthquake destroys of Empoleon and Heatran.

To remedy this problem, you could get rid of that Life Orb on Latias and give it a Choice Scarf. This is would allow it to outspeed a +1 Speed Salamence and OHKO it back with a STAB Draco Meteor. Here's the set if you're interested:

Latias @ Choice Scarf
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest/Timid nature
~ Draco Meteor
~ Surf
~ Thunderbolt
~ Trick

This Latias could also save your team from DD Gyarados who could potentially take down a lot of your team with the right moves, not something you want to leave up to chance.

Finally, don't call Scizor your revenge killer. Because Bullet Punch has Steel typing and is resisted by quite a few important and prominent threats in today's metagame. For example, 4 members of your team have at least 50% resistance, and two of those four even have a 25% resistance. It's still a great move, but shouldn't be ENTIRELY depended on for revenge killing, especially since Magnezone could trap and kill CBScizor if it gets locked into Bullet Punch. It's other moves are great too, but without priority on those other moves, Scizor is far too slow to earn the title of "Revenge Killer".

Other than the above, your team looks pretty good. Breloom kicks ass. I don't care what anyone else says. I've taken out several pokes when using that guy.

Overall synergy looks good too, you don't seem to have any gaping type weaknesses either. Well done, and very nice team.

Hey, thanks for the awesome advise Senzairu!
I will fix that problem immediately!
Thanks for the great rate.

You lack like a main wall. Unless your team is fully-offensive.

Gyara should stay as he negates entry hazards mainly Spikes. Toxic ones are negated by the 3 Steel-types you have. Stealth Rock is also not a problem for this team. :)

-Terywj

You lack like a main wall. Unless your team is fully-offensive.

Gyara should stay as he negates entry hazards mainly Spikes. Toxic ones are negated by the 3 Steel-types you have. Stealth Rock is also not a problem for this team. :)

-Terywj
Hey, thanks for the rate!
Unfortunately, I do not play wall's well at all.Using them really bothers me for some reason.. :pirate:

i say keep gyara as personally i think he has to be one of the top threats in OU due to his bulk and high atk stat added on to with a great boosting move ( dragon dance) however i think changing the left overs to life orb will give you much better results. from my experiences using the life orb with him is more effective as he can usually take a few pokemon down before he goes down if you play your moves correctly.

Hey graves, in regards to your Gyarados, I suggest you change him for a few reasons. The most important of which is that you don't have a wall breaker, something that will greatly help you in beating stall. Another reason is that when using a Dragon Dancer like Gyarados, he's going to take 25% damage just to get out onto the field, then he has to take a turn to set up, leaving for the chance of a Scarfed Gengar, or a Scarfed Latias to come in and Thunderbolt him back to the bottom of the ocean. So with that in mind, I think a wall breaker would be much more beneficial to this team.

Your team seems to be more Pure Offensive rather than Bulky Offensive, so I reccomend this:

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
84 Atk/216 SpA/208 Spe
Mild nature (+SpA, -Def)
~ Draco Meteor
~ Earthquake/Brick Break
~ Fire Blast
~ Outrage/Roost

A standard set for MixMence. This will help you put a major dent in any stall team, or even standard offense teams.

Draco Meteor is for obvious STAB and 140 base power.

Fire Blast will roast any Steel type that doesn't call itself Heatran.

As for the choice between Earthquake and Brick Break, it really depends on what your team needs. Earthquake makes short work of Heatran and can hurt other Fire types for Super Effective damage as well. Earthquake also hits Electric types and Poison types, the most notable of which is Tentacruel. Brick Break on the other hand, can put a serious dent into Normal types like Snorlax and Blissy. It still hits Heatran for Super Effective damage (though it won't OHKO). The most alluring quality of Brick Break to me, is it's ability to OHKO Tyranitar. Looking at your team, I suggest you try Earthquake because you already have to fighting moves on your team so I don't think Brick Break is needed, although, it is worth consideration so it gets a mention.

Now the choice between Outrage and Roost. I put Outrage first on their because based on your team's style of offense, I believe it to be the better choice. It gives Salamence a way to go out with some flare, using it's STAB 120 base power attack to put the hurt on anything that doesn't resist it. The reason Roost gets a word in is because I've used it on my team for a while now with very nice results. But to be fair, that's because it suits my team, which is a Bulky Offensive team. It's great to heal off that Life Orb/Stealth Rock damage, and losing his Flying type for a turn can only help as long as I'm careful to avoid fighting attacks when using it, although, it's usually pretty clear when they're coming.

But in conclusion, I think MixMence would be a fantastic asset to your team and if played correctly should net you at least 1 or 2 KOs per match.

I hope this helps!

HSA

INTellectual gamer
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
Wow I guess i`m a bit late but you should change gyrados like you did. This team should greatly benefit from mixmence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)