SM OU My Mega-Heracross-Team

Hi guys, Im new here and Im also pretty new at Pokemon competitive play. I built a Team around Mega-Heracross and it would be cool, if someone could rate and maybe could improve it. So here it is (copied from showdown):
Heracross (F) @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Pin Missile
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
It's the Pokemon I wanted to build a Team around. Its a pretty strong bulky attacker OHKOing every chansey safe with CC: 252+ Atk Heracross-Mega Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 746-878 (105.9 - 124.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO; can also boost with SD

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick
It's nice for switch advantage with u-turn and can do a lot of damage with v-create and bolt strike. trick is nice for defensive pokemon crippled by a scarf

Gyarados (F) @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
After 2 DDs it outspeed the whole meta (without scarfers). the rest is in attack and HP to get a nice buly. gyarados can sweep after some DDs behind a sub

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 240 HP / 228 Def / 20 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
Physical defensive to check something like other landoTs or other physical attackers. the investment allows me to tank a HP ice from a timid mega-manectric: 252 SpA Manectric-Mega Hidden Power Ice vs. 240 HP / 20 SpD Landorus-Therian: 316-376 (83.3 - 99.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO. with the speed I can outspee most other defenive landoTs and most rotom-Ws. I also thought about HP ice, but I need SR and EQ. U-turn is nice for switch-advantage and knock off is cool to knock off some items

Latios @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
for the damage on the special side. nice couverage to hit a lot of super effective, against something like magearna I can switch around

Toxapex (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Baneful Bunker
- Recover
- Scald
this is the special defensive part of the team. checks a lot of special attackers like scarf greninja. I can set T-spikes, so I get the opponent often to defog, because nobody wants them and I have no hazard removal (I think, I dont really need it). the set is quite simple

so, I hope you understood everything although my explaining wasnt the best :D. It would be very cool if somebody could help me
oh, and Im sorry for my bad english ;)

Hey so I really like your Heracross set and your Victini set. When using victini though you need to make sure that your opponent won't outspeed you, especially after you use v-create. Other than that I really like the strategy you have for it.

The problem with Gyrados is that it might not be able to hold a substitute for very long, so I suggest using it against a wall to help you set up. Additionally, I don't really recommend bounce for your gyrados as it is more of a set-up sweeper and bounce can be countered really easily by the opponent by using protect, shadow force (or a similar move that would cause bounce to miss), or by switching into another pokemon that can take the hit. Instead, I recommend something like crunch so you can even get a defense drop on your opponent and cripple their defensive walls.

For landorus, I like the idea of using it for your wall. The only thing I have against it though is the fact that it has no recovery and that you don't really have another defensive wall on your team. I would suggest leftovers on it as an item, but I'm not too sure that it would be the best choice. You could always try creating another tanky mon (other than toxapex). Tbh I would like to see what anyone else thinks.

I do like your latios set though. Regarding Toxapex, I see what you're getting at by using toxic spikes. However, I wouldn't really recommend this because I also don't really see what causing the opponent to use defog or rapid spin would do for your benefit. Try using toxic instead, and maybe try haze instead of baneful bunker to stop people from setting up on you.

Glad I could help (sort of) :)

Thx for your answer. I know, Gyarados often has problems behind a sub, but against defense Pokemon going for toxic or will-o its nice. I think I will try out crunch over bounce. But with LandoT, I dont have the big problem that I dont have any recovery. It is just a check for some physical defensive pokemon and I dont need recovery. And youre right, I dont get often T-Spikes and if, the opponent spins or defogs almost. Toxic could be a nice tactic instead of them. But I wanna keep Banefull Bunker because Im able to scout om pokemon havin moves against all my walls, but they are choiced, like scarf landoT. Its also nice against Zmoves often used against it, to kill me save. And I thought of using HP ice on landoT over knock-off, just because its the best switch in for something like landoT and zygarde.

Thank you for your help :)

Hi, a team focused on Mega Heracross is very interesting, I'm going to put some changes hoping you like it.

Weaknesses

Before modifying any slots it is necessary that you understand where the team has problems, necessary to perform a proper analysis and improve the team.

>>>Specs Lele is really destructive for your team considering that the only two "income" you have are Victini and Latios and it would be enough to spam Spyshock to do big damage.
Especially 2hoko on Latios and a 39 - 46 on Victini, considering that the latter suffers the rocks is not the best.

+
>>>The classic core of the team rain cleans 5/6 of the team without a minimum of resistance, okay the answer can be: "look I have Gyara in the team", but frankly it is too unstable considering that has limited field revenue.

>>>Clefable with unaware you completely wall it, the only one that can do something is Victini, but it is pp stalled (8 pp are few and you should use them with care) from wish-protect. U should try a predict with trick.

These are the most relevant and the most used, but it could bother you M-Slowbro with cm, Rotom's constant Volt Switches, Lucha at +2 and for now I would stop here.

Changes

I would start inserting Subsistute>Pin Missile on
, it allows you not to risk the status against the stall and in particular M-Sableye, plus Pin Missile has lost utility in the current goal, it would serve to inflict neutral damage to Bulu, but it is easily manageable with 2hoko of Rock Blast.

The best set of
is with Haze>Baneful Bunker, also helps against cm Clefable.

I like the idea of combining Victini with Mega Heracross, as much as I want to propose a very efficient set:
NormaliumZ.
The Boost given by Z celebrated makes it possible not to flinch on Heatran or Maga Sableye. It's a great mate that performs its function as a cleaner rather than a sweeper.

For
Hp Ice>Knock Off allows you to accomplish the other Landorus-t and enter on Zygarde dd with a 2hoko.

Now let's move on to the most important substitutions.

We immediately said that Lele is a problem, it is a dangerous stallbreaker not only for your team, however, we must try to contain the damage, so I thought of
--->
. In addition to guarantee measures on Lele allows you to get answers on the best Rain Team compared to Gyarados.
Obviously the set with cm should be checked with Victini, the Chople Berry allows revenge to kill Fightium z.

Finally I close replacing
--->
. You need better answers for Lucha, it's a great pivot for Heracross,gives an excellent synergy to shove Celesteela saving Victini for the final sweeps, it can violently hit Heatran, Kyurem and Zygarde.
Another very important and necessary thing for the team is to force the Latias roosts without decreasing statistics.

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Blast
- Substitute
- Close Combat

Victini @ Normalium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Celebrate
- Searing Shot
- Stored Power
- Focus Blast

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Recover
- Scald

I hope I have been helpful.
HF:)

whew, you almost changed me whole team, but Im not mad, I see that the team isnt working that great, so Im even pretty happy about it. Thanks that you took the time for this <3
so, for the changes:
-for what does heracross need 180speed EVs?
-I like the idea of a sub on it and im fine with rock blast
-I like the victini set, never seen something like this before but I looks cool and I see a nice late-game-sweeper
-now to ferrothorn: Im a bid fan of ferrothorn but I dont like this set. I like the hazard setter the most and for me it almost always works.
Ferrothorn (F) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
this would be my mixed wall with nice hazard setup opportunity and then I would give landoT the leftovers (btw, for what the 92speed EVs?)
I could think about a physical defensive landoT or this half physical defensive half speed.
-the specsed koko looks like a nice replacement for latios. it gives me more speed with still a lot of power
-but on toxapex I really like baneful bunker. Its nice to scout and I can catch Zmoves pretty nice with it

but thx 4 your nice answer, would be cool if you would even give me your opinion to my changes :D

Last edited:
whew, you almost changed me whole team, but Im not mad, I see that the team isnt working that great, so Im even pretty happy about it. Thanks that you took the time for this <3
so, for the changes:
-for what does heracross need 180speed EVs?
-I like the idea of a sub on it and im fine with rock blast
-I like the victini set, never seen something like this before but I looks cool and I see a nice late-game-sweeper
-now to ferrothorn: Im a bid fan of ferrothorn but I dont like this set. I like the hazard setter the most and for me it almost always works.
Ferrothorn (F) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
this would be my mixed wall with nice hazard setup opportunity and then I would give landoT the leftovers (btw, for what the 92speed EVs?)
I could think about a physical defensive landoT or this half physical defensive half speed.
-the specsed koko looks like a nice replacement for latios. it gives me more speed with still a lot of power
-but on toxapex I really like baneful bunker. Its nice to scout and I can catch Zmoves pretty nice with it

but thx 4 your nice answer, would be cool if you would even give me your opinion to my changes :D
1) 180 in spd needs to outspeed av bulu, sdef heatran that walls specs koko
2) you don't need so many setters and I wanted to protect you as much as possible on Lele n Swampert

Okay, I will build the team exactely how you told me:

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Blast
- Substitute
- Close Combat

Victini @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Celebrate
- Searing Shot
- Stored Power
- Focus Blast

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Recover
- Scald

I will do some battles with it, lets see how it works

A possible change on pex
1526795254084.png
is replacing toxic spikes with haze. You can still use baneful bunker against hawlucha, and medicham spamming zen headbutt, while reducing the teams weakness to set up. I'm not entirely convinced the team benefits from having toxic spike support.

I agree with you, though Toxic Spikes are nice to have, it can get counted, and seeing as the team loses to set up, this would be nice seeing as Toxapex can tank up the hits for the team and then predict switches from Haze. Baneful Bunker suits it nicely, as you can Baneful Bunker, and beacuse it gives Toxic (if hit, i think lol ) you dont need Toxic Spikes, and you can scout for set up, seeing as not every poke who has a set up move sets up, you can then Haze. If you want you could also Baneful Bunker stall.
A possible change on pex View attachment 116873 is replacing toxic spikes with haze. You can still use baneful bunker against hawlucha, and medicham spamming zen headbutt, while reducing the teams weakness to set up. I'm not entirely convinced the team benefits from having toxic spike support.

Hmm, you're right, Baneful Bunker only gives normal poison, but it's still nice and T-Spikes aren't the best, because a lot of opponents have a poison-pokemon or a some steel/flying-pokemon. Furthermore, T-Spikes don't work nice with defog. So my attacks would be baneful bunker, haze, recover and scald.

BTW, I did some changes on the team, here is the current team, after all the changes:

Heracross-Mega (F) @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed
- Close Combat

Victini @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Celebrate
- Searing Shot
- Stored Power
- Focus Blast

Ferrothorn (F) @ Iapapa Berry
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Knock Off

EVs: 240 HP / 228 Def / 20 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

Calm Nature
- Haze
- Baneful Bunker
- Recover
- Scald

That seems quite a good team! Nice job with it, havent seen a Mega Heracross team for a while, I mainly see Koko teams.

First of all, thank you, I admit, I like this team pretty much as well. But since I have this team, I never had a problem with boosters. I never could use Toxapex Haze. So Im thinking of replacing it with Toxic or Tspikes

Yea, when I play, I always see the same as well. Always LandoT, Koko, Heatran...
But when I build a team, I take a cool Pokemon I wanna use and build around it (Here Mega-Heracross)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)