My Movie (Rain RMT) - peaked #2

Hello, this will be my first RMT so I'm sure there will be rough spots in formatting/otherwise, any help is appreciated.​

This was initially a very derivative rain team, and to some extent it still is derivative, but i feel like a couple touches have made it my own, and turned it into a very effective dream world team. I made it in the late stage suspect testing, and managed to peak at #5 before the clear. After the clear I have been consistently around top 5 without any problems. Because the top tier of DW OU is dominated by a couple players, knowing how they play has helped this team more, because it is very prediction based. Anyway, onward and upward.

As of August I have peaked #1 with this team. The downtime of smogon has seen a lack of competition in DW OU which might account for some of that, but regardless I'm really happy, and have been on a long win streak with this team.

§§§§§§

The Cast and Crew

The Director

Politoed (M) @Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EV's 252HP 252SpDef 4SpAtk
Calm Nature (+SpDef -Atk)

-Scald
-Encore
-Perish Song
-Toxic

Politoed gets a bad rap among weather starters. Sure he's not great, but you can work around it. This set is intended so it is difficult to set up on Politoed. Encore means that they are trapped boosting, and by following it up with perish song you can restrict the sweeping ability of a lot of threats. Scald is the obvious choice for a water move, and via spamming you can get burns up on some threats, such as parahax jirachi.

The Star

Feraligtr (M) @Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EV's 252 Atk 252 Speed 4HP
Adamant Nature (+Atk -SpAtk)

-Waterfall
-Crunch
-Superpower
-Dragon Dance

Sheer Force Life Orb Feraligtr is a powerhouse. Sheer Force Life Orb Feraligtr's STAB Waterfall in the rain is just off the charts. Feraligtr is an incredibly threatening pokemon, because even an unboosted waterfall will OHKO a huge number of switch-in's in the rain. This means that you can switch Feraligtr in on some pokemon that is threatened, and if the opponent is running a counter, just waterfall it on the switch. This means it is very dangerous for choice scarfers to switch in, which compensates for feraligtr's lackluster speed. Also, his decent defenses, typical of a starter pokemon, mean he can take one hit from most scarfers, and then one shot them. Also, since sheer force does away with life orb recoil, it means Feraligtr has survivability as a sweeper. Now his moveset is pretty basic, dragon dance as a boosting move, crunch gets coverage on lati@s and jellicent, which without crunch will wall feraligtr perfectly, waterfall is the perfect move. It flat out crushes even water resistors. There is only one pokemon that can effectively tank that hit, (ignoring water absorbers) and that is ferrothorn. After one DDance, relaxed max defensive ferrothorn will take about 95% damage from superpower, so with sr damage, or any other damage already dealt it is highly probable to be one shot, and then there is very little that can stop your sweep. Skarm is 2hko'ed by an unboosted rainy waterfall, and is close to OHKO'ed after a boost. Beware of superpower, however, as it does not work with sheer force, so you will take life orb recoil using it.

Some possible checks to a feraligtr sweep are thundurus, who can t-wave feraligtr stopping it in its tracks. It is rare to see scarfers with STAB electric type attacks, and a full hp feraligtr can live most thunders of standard scarf pokemon, such as genesect. Beware of rotom-w. The most effective counter to feraligtr is toxicroak, who absorbs and resists all of Feraligtr's moves. Because of this I have considered running ice punch instead of crunch. While it doesn't lose coverage on the Latis it does mean jellicent can now comfortably wisp me, and Gatr can no longer revenge reuniclus.

My whole strategy with Gatr is getting him in on something unthreatening, and then firing off waterfalls at pokemon that switch in, or setting up for a sustained sweep. The rest of the team serves to get him in at full health and ready to go.

The Sidekicks

The Dangerous Foreigner

He's foreign cause he has a mustache, a sexy sexy mustache

Raikou (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Volt Absorb
EV's 252 SpAtk 252 Speed 4HP
Timid Nature (+Speed -Atk)

-Volt Switch
-Thunder
-Thunder Wave
-Hidden Power (Ice)

Raikou was put on the team because i needed something to absorb electric attacks. After trying zapdos, who was decent, but was easily taken care of by faster threats, and jolteon, who was very frail, I settled on raikou. He takes advantage of blazing fast speeds (base 115) to outspeed all unboosted threats except for starmie, which it speed tie's. Since it has decent defenses, particularly on the special side, it can live a starmie hydropump and fire back a thunder. Raikou is easily the #2 killer on the team, and forms one part of my scout sweeper core.

The general strategy I employ with raikou is to first eliminate ground types on the other team. This can be done by many of my teams pokemon, as well as clutch prediction with hp ice. Then raikou can either proceed to spam choice specs thunder and rip things to shreds, or volt switch away from electric resistors and send in some other dangerous threats. Shadow ball serves for neutral hits, as well as a stronger attack to spam at predicted lati@s switch ins. With it's chance to lower SpDef, it can potentially do some serious damage. HP Ice is important to get coverage on the previously mentioned ground types, especially gliscor. In addition it gains coverage on other dragons, as well as the ability to beat zapdos, a huge threat to my team. However, Raikou's one true counter is... Raikou. Calm Mind Volt Absorb Raikou can come in on a thunder or volt switch, and immediately begin to set up calm minds, walling or outspeeding literally all of my team, it is probably the most dangerous threat, luckily it is incredibly rare.

I love choice specs in a lot of situations, it means I am instantly threatening, and it beefs up volt switch, meaning that even in the process of scouting I can do serious damage. However when it doesn't work, it can be a big problem. Other volt absorb users like zapdos can be threatening when given time to set up, also, dugtrio will hard counter raikou every time, so the couple of times I see him, I have to beware.

-Edit: I found that running t-wave on raikou over shadow ball means that predicted lati@s switches can end with them paralyzed, which means that feraligtr can now manhandle them with crunch. Paralysis support is really useful overall on this team.

The Speedy Assassin

Mmmmmmmm, mustache.

Tornadus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Defiant
EV's 252 SpAtk 252 Speed 4 HP
Naive Nature (+Speed -SpDef)

-U-Turn
-Hurricane
-Hidden Power Ice
-Focus Blast

I initially began using Tornadus in his standard set. Life Orb hurricane spammer, but i found him pretty lacking. He was very frail, easily revenged, and just in general sub-par. I also realized that basically the only move I ever used was hurricane. That made me think he would be a great choice pokemon, and scarf naturally followed. Choice scarf tornadus brings a lot of things to the table. He outspeeds venasaur in all conditions, although beware of hurricane's accuracy, and he can scout with u-turn, which has its advantages over volt switch in that ground type's don't prevent it from working. U-Turn is actually the reason I run a naive set, because it is one of my number one weapon's against the ever present soul dew lati@s, so I want it dealing the maximum damage possible. Focus blast is there because ttar looks like a good switch into Tornadus, so I love to focus blast on the switch. HP Ice is obvious, revenge D-Night and Salamence at +1. Which finally brings me to hurricane, basically the only move I use. It is deliciously abusable in the rain, even more so then thunder. With 100% accuracy, hurricane puts a dent in everything, as well as possibly confusing pokemon on the switch. It hits super effective on a lot of threats, no fighting pokemon can take it. It haxes and it kills, really fun.

Tornadus really has few downsides, but watch out for a couple. Using hurricane on the turn another weather comes into play, particularly ttar is never a good idea. Also, Lati@s can tank hurricane hits, so plan for their switch and u-turn instead.

The Buff Idiot

Sorta has a mustache, halfstache, hot

Toxicroak (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Dry Skin
EV's 252 Atk 252 HP 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk -SpAtk)

-Drain Punch
-Sucker Punch
-Substitute
-Bulk Up

This is the standard Toxicroak setup. I'm sure you have all seen it before. I chose bulk-up over swords dance so that I can beat opposing SD toxicroaks as well as stay survivable. Toxicroak fills many wholes on this team, it can switch into entry hazards because it will quickly heal them off. It can absorb t-spikes, which would wreak havok otherwise. Lastly, it can set up on ferrothorn, something nothing else on my team can do. It also threatens suckers with suckerpunch, which after a boost or two can easily take out the Lati twins. However, toxicroak is not without it's faults. Much like raikou, when it works well, it wrecks, when it doesn't it epic fails. Any ghost pokemon has the potential to wall croak. chandelure can't because it usually carries for attacking moves, but sub-disable gengar, jellicent, and a number of other ghosts can all ruin a sweep. Skarm can also switch in to croak and ww him away, but as i covered before, skarm users always get cocky when they see feraligtr come in, so I use croak to break skarm's sturdy, get gatr in, and often i can get to +1 while they set up hazards and OHKO.

That basically sums up croak on this team, it is a pokemon that can turn matches, and it forms part 2 of my physical core.

The Makeup Artist

Because he supports the cast and crew, its a movie joke... shut up. I hate you.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EV's 252 HP 128 Def 128 SpDef 1 Speed IV Please Help
Relaxed Nature (+Def -Speed)

-Gyro Ball
-Rapid Spin
-Volt Switch
-Stealth Rocks

Forretress finds his way onto all of my teams, ever since my first sun team. He brings a number of supporting skills to the table. He can spin, which is always useful, as well as set up stealth rocks. He has 1 speed IV and negative speed nature in order to milk as much damage as possible out of gyroball, as well as to have the slowest volt switch. Gyroball is actually suprisingly threatening. It can ruin D-Dance D-Night, as well as other speed boosters. It can OHKO terrakion, which is always fun, and jolly balloon excadrill is beaten one on one by forry. Volt Switch is very useful on forry, because it means i can get safe switches in for toed to refresh weather, a scarfer to revenge, or gatr to start to set up. I love volt switch because it almost always lets me regain momentum and can get you out of many sticky situations, such as being trapped by magnezone or chandelure. Also, doing 65% to gyarados can be fun. Now when it comes to ev's, my only thought process was, I want him to take hits, all hits. Because my team lacks any sort of special wall, i threw some special ev's on him, I don't know if this is a good idea, a bad idea, or retarded, because I suck at ev's. Help.

As always when running forre, watch out for magnezone, but you can if necessary, volt switch away. Also, forry is sure to draw out opposing chandelure. This is actually sometimes a good thing, because the ever-popular scarf chandelure is sure to carry overheat, and if you are at full health you can take one overheat, set up rocks, die, and bring in feraligtr on a -4 chandelure to set up with impunity. Also, by using volt switch on the first turn, you can bait chandelure and put politoed up against it, which will kill it without being threatened at all. My team in general copes extremely well with chandelure.

Anyway, Forretress fits well on my team as my spinner/hazards pokemon, as well as a physical wall. I would greatly appreciate and help you can give with the ev's.

§§§§§§

The Villains

Soul dew Lati@s has taken dream world by storm, and it should be no suprise, because they are very good. So good in fact, that they should be fucking banned. But for the time being, every team must have a plan to deal with them. My team is neutered by facing one, but i generally go about one strategy. If I paralyze either of them, its game over, because unboosted crunch will OHKO. Also, I will always attempt to toxic them, especially latias. Politoed can encore them into calm mind, set up toxic, and proceed to perish song them. They will also commonly switch into thunder of raikou, so getting paralysis up isn't all that difficult. Suckerpunch can deal with them, but it is rare at high ranking for an opponent to fall for it. Lastly, Tornadus can u-turn them for 35-60% depending on which Lati and it's EV's. Ultimately they are a significant threat, but not unduly difficult.

Genesect, much like Soul Dew Lati@s, is everywhere. It is a very strong pokemon, but in general, my team has little problems with it. All I have to do is get it to switch through Stealth Rocks twice, or even hit it once, and it is in range of Scarf Tornadus. Also, it tries to stop Gatr's sweep often, and is easy to switch raikou into and heal up.

Ferrothorn is another very common pokemon in DW. It can cause problems for my team, but nothing too nasty. In order to force it out once i need to get toxicroak in safe, and sub when it tries to leech seed. Toxicroak can set up with impunity on ferrothron, and threaten with drain punch. Also, +1 Superpower from Gatr does around 90%, so it has difficulties stopping Gatr's sweep. However, if it stays alive too long in the game, it can cause problems as with gatr and croak gone, I really have no good alternative besides focus blast *shudders*

^^^^That means sand. Sand is seen a little less then rain at high levels of DW, but I never really have had problems with it, a couple of pokemon can be dangerous. Landorus with substitute can cause problems, but if it can't sub it is comfortably revenged by Tornadus. Excadrill on the other hand... It is a problem because even if I win weather wars, I don't have something that outspeeds and kills it comfortably. Tornadus has to rely on focus blast *shudders* and raikou can only do about 50% with HP Ice. Sand is not a real problem for this team, play it like you would with any other rain team.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Sun is bad
Well actually, sun almost always loses weather wars. All you need to do is set up Stealth Rocks and keep scouting politoed in and eventually tales will die to rocks. If rain wins the weather war, scarf tornadus can sweep almost every pokemon. Even with sun up scarf tornadus outspeed venasaur/shiftry and can ruin them with hurricane. I have never had problems with sun.

I mentioned it before, but i feel I have to mention it again. Calm mind volt absorb raikou will beat my team 9 times out of 10. It ohko's almost everything, and sets up easily on my raikou. It outspeeds almost everything and ruins tornadus. I see it only rarely online, but it haunts my nightmares.

TLDR Raikou+Calm mind=rape train.

§§§§§§

The Credits

My team is based around the power of Feraligtr in the rain, as well as his sheer power when allowed to DDance. It is supported by a threatening scouter core. It requires pokemon to absorb it's major weaknesses, electric and water, and with good prediction, as well as a little stealth rock support, it can get you to #1 on the DW ladder.

Thanks for the read, any advice is appreciated.

The Above Threatlist is pokemon that stood out in their danger, this should cover everything

Random Thugs

Offensive Threats

Aerodactyl - Aerodactyl is so much fun. I lead forry, i gyroball when it taunts, i rapid spin to kill, good bye Aerodactyl.
Archeops - Archeops is pretty rare, but when I do see it, raikou outspeeds and kills, forry can gyroball for the kill, and tornadus can probably take care of it too. Hence why it is rare
Azelf - Azelf is actually awesome, sweeper azelf is dangerous. Nobody uses him. Ever. Goodbye azlef
Bisharp - I tend to encore swords dance with politoed and then kill it with scald, but Croak is an appropriate counter as well.
Breloom - Breloom is dangerous the first time around, I tend to let forry get spored and immediately switch in tornadus, who can resist both stabs and kill with hurricane.
Chandelure - I referenced chandy in the rmt itself, my team deals extremely well with it, but be careful with your forretress while it is runnning around.
Cobalion - On the rare occasion that i see cobalion, many of my pokemon kill it. Croak is probably the most consistent killer, but raikou or Gatr could do just as well.
Conkeldurr - Eats a hurricane right up the ass. Be careful with Croak, because Bulk-Up Conk will win one on one despite you resisting his stab.
Darmanitan - In the rain Darmanitan loses his only really threatening move, and he dies to scarf tornadus with ease. Never had problems with him.
Deoxys-S - Forry can 2hko with gyroball, so i tend to gyroball on the first turn after a taunt, and just continue till it dies. Offensive Deo is dangerous, but politoed will win one on one, so it's not too bad.
Dragonite - D-Night can do some damage. D-Dance Nite will lose to gyroball forry, especially if it boosts to much, but Thunder-Hurricane Nite is a problem. I need to somehow keep it from reaching multiscale, generally by toxicing it, and then it is easy to revenge. If I see the opponent is running D-Nite I Make sure to set up Rocks before it comes in to eliminate Multi-Scale.
Druddigon - Trolololololol. Druddigon cries itself to sleep at night, wishing it wasn't the ugliest and worst dragon in existence.
Eelektross - Even with no weaknesses, it lacks the bulk to live a waterfall of Gatr, and it's slow. Also, it is desperately underused, so i kill it with ease.
Electivire - I love E-Vire, if only it didn't suck ass
Emboar - I hate emboar, the third fire-fighting, haven't we already had enough of you? I swear if there is a sixth gen fire fighting I will not buy that game.
Empoleon - Empoleon is ruined by Croak. The End
Espeon - Espeon is a predictable switch in on forry, and gyroball will do huge amounts of damage. Other then that it is not hard to beat with tornadus or with Raikou.
Escavalier - Forretress can wall it through a trick room if it gets to that, otherwise it is never threatening.
Excadrill - Excadrill is actually always a threat, because the only pokemon on my team that OHKO it are outsped even in the rain. If SS is up though, forry will beat jolly excadrill one on one, and adamant life orb excadrill can't OHKO politoed, so it can take away rain, then tornadus dodges an earthquake, and I can finish it from there. Always be careful though, because even if you take away the storm, excadrill isn't finished.
Garchomp - *Points to Garchomp getting raped in Ubers* Haha
Genesect - I covered genesect in the rmt itself as well. Tornadus can finish it at a certain amount of hp, it requires some prediction to beat it.
Gengar - Sub-Disable Gar can wall croak, so be careful, but overall not difficult to deal with, as both Raikou and Tornadus outspeed.
Golurk - I kill it with almost everything, the only danger is if it switches in on choice-locked raikou and then sets up, but even then it is not all that hard to kill.
Gyarados - Raikou can always kill it, but for the suprise factor, kill it with volt-switch from forretress :D
Haxorus - Scarf Haxorus can be 2HKO'ed by gyro ball, so by predicting the outrage it can be killed. Banded Haxorus can do some serious damage, so watch out. However, all variants of haxorus can be OHKO'ed by hurricane cause it has shit defenses.
Heatran - Heatran dies to waterfall, or makes them switch into a waterfall, which is always fun for me, it just kinda sucks in general against my team.
Heracross - Scarf-cross the only variant anyone sees, is so badly OHKO'ed by tornadus it isn't even funny.
Hydreigon - It is a worse version of the Lati@s in almost every way, especially with soul dew, so if I ever see it, I'll get back to you.
Infernape - Politoed kills it. So does everything else.
Jirachi - Calm mind Jirachi, the flavor of the month, runs ev's in defense, and thinks it will protect him from Gatr, it does not. Even at +1 SpDef Raikou will do significant damage with thunder, so that's fun too.
Jolteon - I only see choiced versions of jolteon, which requires prediction, but it can be a problem for Raikou. If it ends up being a shadow ball vs shadow ball war between specs Raikou and specs Jolteon, guess who wins? :D
Keldeo - Keldeo is ruined by tornadus, Keldeo is ruined by raikou. The only hard thing for me when facing keldeo is deciding who gets to ram the pwn train right down its throat.
Kingdra - Running a pokemon just to counter a team is never a recipe for success, so I rarely see kingdra, but when I do it is a threat. Croak can absorb hydro-punches and has staying power, but more often then not I end up sacking something to deal with it.
Krookodile - Just mediocre all around, I kill it with lots of stuff. The only thing to beware of is it switches into raikou.
Kyurem - Kinda bulky pretty powerful, i tend to set up sr right away if I see it, and then go from there. Gyroball will kill it easily, as it's only variant is Scarfed.
Landorus - I touched on it briefly, it is fast and dangerous, and if I face it behind a sub its a problem. If it doesn't sub up, both raikou and tornadus can kill it easily.
Latios - My Archenemy, I already talked about you.
Lilligant - The worst chlorophyll sweeper. There is really no need to boost and have the sun.
Lucario - Special sweeper Lucario is easy to deal with. Extremekiller lucario can be a problem, i need to get in early with something, generally toxicroak, and it is pretty frail.
Machamp - LeadChamp is a huge annoyance, I generally sack something for my own safety and bring in tornadus, i hate it.
Magnezone - It can switch into forry, but in the rain HP fire doesn't do that much, and I can generally escape with volt switch at about 50%, after that magnezone is just a sucky pokemon who raikou can beat with ease.
Mamoswine - Mamoswine is another good switch in on raikou, as well as a threat to Tornadus, but he has trouble switching in on anything but raikou, so i rarely have problems.
Meloetta-S - I had no idea what this pokemon was. In fact, I had to go look it up just now. Since I've never seen it, I'm going to assume it sucks ass. It sucks ass, I killed it, the end.
Meloetta-V - See introspective commentary on Meloetta-S
Metagross - Gross is slow without agility, can't really take scalds, and is not that threatening even after one. It can take some work to really effectively kill, but it will die eventually.
Mienshao - Mienshao is a good pokemon, but ultimately not a threat. Forry can sponge fake-outs and gyroball, and tornadus con OHKO
Reuniclus - Reuniclus without trick room is so much fun, because it always runs calm mind, and politoed can encore calm mind forever, so it is epic trolled. If it does get trick room up, I tend to need stall with politoed and forry till TR goes away, and the Gatr can crunch it for massive damage. It has trouble switching in on anything, in general not too threatening.
Roserade - What?
Salamence - Tornadus is really fast. Tornadus has hidden power ice. The end. But in all seriousness, salamence is like D-Nite without multiscale, so bad.
Sawsbuck - Sawsbuck is even easier to take out then venasaur, because forry will smash him in the sun. Gyroball does tons of damage to sawsbuck with the sun up, and if it's raining tornadus or raikou can take care of him pretty easily, as he lacks the bulk of venasaur.
Scizor - Scizor is always pretty threatening, but all his commonly seen variants are OHKO'ed by an unboosted waterfall, or by Raikou's thunder, both who resist bullet punch, his most threatening move. So when I said he was threatening before, I was lying :O.
Scrafty- Hurricane is actually what I named my tornadus. Because I started out trying to do something clever, but then I just went with Hurricane.
Seismitoad - Is that a pokemon, I don't think it is. Oh wait, it's quagsire. Yeah, quagsire can be a problem, but I just toxic it or kill it with Feraligtr.
Serperior - Leaf Storm is x4 resisted, I kill it with gyroball. Or, in the event it has hp fire, I kill it with tornadus before it gets too many contraries under it's belt.
Shaymin - Hurricane is what I named my Tornadus...
Sigilyph - It eats thunder, even when it boosts, never had any problems.
Smeargle - Can you really do an analysis for smeargle? It does lots of things. I usually eat a spore, then perish song/break sash. I tend to not see smash pass, but if it is done right it can be very dangerous.
Starmie - LO Starmie is a pain in the ass. Generally I have to go through some complicated two set prediction involving spongeing a T-bolt with raikou, and then a hydropump with Croak, and then finally a suckerpunch. Play carefully, if you want to be safe, raikou can live a hydropump and OHKO.
Terakion - I think I said earlier that nothing is more satisfying then gyroballing terakion. I love it, it is like a delicious orange.
Thundurus - Thundurus, for all everyone's talks about how it is uber, is ruined by Raikou. He outspeeds, OHKO's with thunder, and aborbs it's stab. Nothing too it.
Togekiss - It haxes you. Pray for not hax. Also, raikou can kill it on that rare turn of not hax.
Tornadus - MINE! IT IS MINE! GET BACK FOUL BEAST. I WILL KILL YOU WITH RAIKOU, WHO RESISTS YOUR STAB.
Tyranitar - See Archenemy section.
Venusaur - See T-Tar
Victini - Politoed is a pretty safe switch in, because most variants are scarfed, and toed eats v-creates. Force it through the rocks a couple times, finish it with hurricane.
Virizion - I named my tornadus... you get the joke.
Volcarona - Easy to kill. Also stealth rock bait. Also tornadus bait. Also water pokemon bait. Never had a problem.
Weavile - I respect you for running weavile. Clearly you are trying to kill lati@s. But tragically, I don't run them, so you serve no purpose.
Zoroark - Zoroark was cool. Team preview ruined him. I wish he was useful, but he is not.

Defensive Threats

Alomomola - Go Raikou, use Thunder
Blissey - Croak can set up on Blissey easily. Get him in safe by volt-switching with raikou, since the switch is easy to predict.
Bronzong - Much like skarm, it thinks it can take waterfalls, but it can't.
Celebi - It soaks up water and can if it is the nastyplot sweeper set it can kill feraligtr. However, hurricane will destroy it, and crunch can mess it up too.
Chansey - Same as blissey.
Deoxys-D - Deo-D is only a UU pokemon. It has terrible defensive typing, and is pretty resoundingly beaten by unboosted waterfalls.
Cofagrigus - Thunderspam will beat it, and it threatens almost nothing.
Crustle - It is only good at setting up hazards, which can be spinned away by forry. Also, it likes to carry shell break, which is a quick path to gyroball. Even politoed can beat it.
Dusclops - It eats waterfalls/crunchs/thunders/hurricanes/otherstuff. Rarely dangerous. Rest-Talk can however be a problem, because it can status a lot of things before death.
Ferrothorn - See Venasaur.
Forretress - ALSO MINE
Garbodor - Pfft. Somehow Gamefreak made muk uglier.
Gigalith - Custap explosion should be feared, get it to 1hp then switch to forry.
Gliscor - Gatr can set up on it, but it walls croak, also it can switch on raikou. Try to predict with hp-ice or just beat it with other water types.
Hippowdon - Worse then t-tar in most ways, it is killed by a multitude of things.
Jellicent - Looks like a safe switch in on gatr, but +1 crunch will OHKO. Raikou can also counter, and politoed can toxic.
Latias - See ferrothorn
Mandibuzz - No good resistances, many weakness, lackluster wall stats, bad pokemon.
Murkrow - A significant pain, but sableye is more common and more of a pain. Raikou is a good counter, tornadus is passable.
Ninetales - See Latias
Politoed - Oh no, it will set up rain on me...
Porygon2 - Porygon actually gets volt absorb on the switch, so it totally walls raikou, which sucks. Generally I toxic it out, but keep in mind that big hits won't do all that much to pory, so it is safer to stall it out with toed. Also, if it does copy something else, then feel free to bring the pwn with Raikou.
Rotom-H - Not Rotom W, so it sucks
Rotom-W - It is Rotom W, so it's pretty good. In all seriousness, I have to play it similar to LO starmie, complicated predictions. But this time, toxic it with Toed first turn, then do complicated switches. This time, end with Raikou out and thunder will OHKO. Also, beware of Scarf Rotom, who can bring an unfortunate end to your Raikou sweep.
Skarmory - Skarm is so easy for Gatr to take care of, which totally surprises skarm users. If you use skarm, look at some porn, or something else distracting. Shhhhh
Suicune - If it sets up too much, fear it, however, perish song ruins suicune because it can literally get nowhere within 3 turns. Also calm mind resttalk surficune can do nothing to croak, who trolls it to death.
Swampert - Pretty much handled the same way as Gastrodon, toxic it. However, now it can be killed easily by feraligtr with waterfall, soooo, it sucks. However, i respect you for keeping it in OU, good job random.
Tentacruel - Surprisingly annoying. It spins, it has good SpDef, and if they have a good ground type it can be part of a good stall team.
Vaporeon - Hydration rest Vappy is a huge pain, if it phazes too it becomes an even bigger problem. If it doesn't phaze Croak sets up on it easily. Provided it is a phazing resting Vappy, force switches with toed using encore/perish song, and get raikou to kill it.
Whimsicott - Toxicroak will outstall it even if it has leech seed on him, if it comes to that. Otherwise, heavy hitting with hurricane will kill it. Play the same as you always play whimsicott, and beware of priority encores.
Zapdos - Offensive Zapdos is an easy kill for Raikou, defensive Zapdos doesn't run speed IV's meaning Gatr can do 90ish% with waterfall. Depending on the set you can counter it one way or another. I once played a team with a Vappy-Zapdos defensive core, and it was the most complete defensive counter to my team I had played in ages. Suffice to say, it ended badly.

How important is it for your Raikou to reach that 115+ speed tier? I can't envision it doing much damage to Lati@s anyway, and I wonder how Aura Sphere/Weather Ball would work on Raikou (needs a Rash nature). Weather Ball hits Grounds harder than HP Ice and also gets the rain boost, which is nice, and Aura Sphere nails Tyranitar and Ferrothorn hard. I'm not sure how much your team needs it, but it could be something to consider.

The Tornadus surprised me at first, I remember switching Latias in expecting Hurricane spam only to be hit hard by U-Turn. I like that set, and seems to work especially well when paired with Volt Switches from Forretress and Raikou.

Yeah, I would definitely run weather ball/aura sphere raikou if I could, but the problem isn't rash nature, but a lack of volt absorb. While he still can take electric attacks well, it means I can't stop t-wave's or heal up with good prediction. I might try it though, because aurasphere would be really useful.

Man, you went out and wrote up that entire threatlist? Now that is dedication.
Either way, I don't see many flaws with your team. Not much I can suggest.
Good job.

I faced you earlier today (on my one alt, 7th Instar), and I must say I found your team to be very impressive.

If Thundurus does go uber, I'd say it might be worthwhile to test Aura Sphere, but the fact that he is your teams only electric resist makes me want to say otherwise.

Volt Switch on Forretress simply never really appealed to me. I tend to run Shed Shell on mine, and while I do miss the Leftovers recovery, it makes Chandelure and Magnezone encounters rely significantly less on prediction, allowing you to use Forretress more liberally for set up. If you do go this route, I would suggest replacing Volt Switch with Spikes, Pain Split, or possibly Earthquake to hit the aforementioned trappers on their way back in. The standard EV spread mentioned by Somechips would probably work most effectively in this team. The one Speed IV is great for Volt Switch, but 0 Speed IVs most importantly allows you to outslow/tie with essentially all other Forretress, allowing your Rapid Spin to go after their hazards. Of course, this is all preference; Volt Switch has obviously done you some good, but you may want to consider Shed Shell Forry as an option.

All in all, this team was a challenge for me to play against (and that is something that I say exceedingly rarely about Dream World teams) especially since the team I was testing had battled no more than eight or so times prior. But anyway, this is a powerful and solid team, and I hope it continues to do well.

I have volt switch less for escaping trappers, and rather for getting safe switch-ins for other pokemon on my team. But a fourth slot could actually be more useful, I'll have to take it into account. Thanks.

This may seem unorthodox given the offensive nature of your team, but have you considered running Blissey or Chansey instead of Toxicroak? Toxicroak, imo at least, covers nothing significant and only makes you much more weak to the threats you'd mentioned in the OP. Both can (almost) fix your weakness to Soul Dew Lati@s by giving you something to sponge Draco Meteors and can actually stall out CM variants that don't carry Psyshock (in which case, Toed can still fare pretty well with Perish Song); Oh, and CM Raikou can't outstall them either. Getting rid of Toxic Spikes without the need of Rapid Spin is really useful, but Wish support will come in handy more than often, mostly due to the defensive capability of your team (i.e, all of the Pokemon on your team have a solid chance of switching in and benefiting from Wish). Either also gives you a very effective status sponge, and can potentially work as a cleric in order keep Feraligatr, Tornadus, Politoed, and Raikou safe from terrible luck, or a misprediction.

This may seem unorthodox given the offensive nature of your team, but have you considered running Blissey or Chansey instead of Toxicroak? Toxicroak, imo at least, covers nothing significant and only makes you much more weak to the threats you'd mentioned in the OP. Both can (almost) fix your weakness to Soul Dew Lati@s by giving you something to sponge Draco Meteors and can actually stall out CM variants that don't carry Psyshock (in which case, Toed can still fare pretty well with Perish Song); Oh, and CM Raikou can't outstall them either. Getting rid of Toxic Spikes without the need of Rapid Spin is really useful, but Wish support will come in handy more than often, mostly due to the defensive capability of your team (i.e, all of the Pokemon on your team have a solid chance of switching in and benefiting from Wish). Either also gives you a very effective status sponge, and can potentially work as a cleric in order keep Feraligatr, Tornadus, Politoed, and Raikou safe from terrible luck, or a misprediction.
Toxicroak works great for the most part against both Lati twins with Sucker Punch - and I'm going to disagree with the OP a little here - even at the higher levels. Because all the Lati@s today carry Soul Dew and commonly carry 4 attacks, Toxicroak's a real pain to work around and works wonders against a lot of the other higher-caliber rain teams around, because none of them carry dedicated counters like Gliscor and Skarmory, and Tornadus/Thundurus usage has dropped in DW due to the advent of Soul Dew Lati@s. In my battles with MCramez, I was most annoyed by its immunity to water, which I think is another thing his team needs (even Blissey takes large chunks from Specs Hydro Pump), and Toxicroak also works well against Tyranitar.

I hate Toxicroak and run Roar on an offensive Latias just to beat it, lol. Maybe my team is underprepared for it in general, but I still think it works well on this team because it tends to soften up or KO the things (like Genesect) that give Feraligatr problems.

I actually hate this team...
What kind of n00b uses DD Feraligatr under Rain? That is just silly... And Raikou? pffft

Now that I am done trolling you, I can begin the rate :P. I think you're making your Ferrothorn weakness sound bigger than it actually is. From my experience with Toxicroak, he manhandles him, seeing as how Dry Skin + Lefties still recovers more than Leech Seed takes away.

Your biggest problem is definately Lati@s and Genesect, especially in tandem. To kill two birds with one stone, Thunder Wave can completely shut both of them down to be handled by Feraligatr. However there is no room on your team or anything that can learn TW unless you opt Forre our for Ferro (hehe). Gives you a good counter to Ferro (lol) not that you can really do anything to him. And also a Raikou thingooo.

If you keep Forre try a physically defensive spread, seeing as how Politoed is completely specially based, they form an alright core. Also try EQ > GB for them Excadrill's/Chandelure's/Magnezone's (dnno if it'll KO though :S).

Thats all I have for know.
If I ever verse you again I'll be running a CM Raikou ;)

GL

Yeah, sucker punch on toxicroak can help against Lati@s as Lost Aurora said, but croak can't switch in on them at all, and even then his suckerpunch fails to OHKO, so he can only do so much. With rocks up and if I manage a turn of set-up, then croak can beat them 1v1.

Thanks for the rate dezza, I was thinking about what you said concerning t-wave, and noticed raikou actually gets t-wave. I rarely if ever use shadow ball, so I might switch that for t-wave. Even though choice-locked t-wave might seem silly, it could get some clutch plays against people who switch in soul dew latias and expect it to take nothing from thunder.

I briefly tried a blissey over croak, but i lose any sort of fighting stab, as well as a good switchin against offensive t-tar. Overall croak is too strong imo to swap out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)