My OU Sun Team

Overview

This Sun team revolves around supporting Heatran by defeating the other weather setters and setting up Sun, helping him boost, or weakening his checks and counters.

Dusk (Ninetales) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hypnosis
- Sunny Day

Standard bulky sun- setting Ninetales. Not really much to say about the crux of all sun teams. One note, though, you might ask why I use Hypnosis when I already have Spore on 'loom. Hypnosis is used when it's safe to lead, though that doesn't happen often.

Witty Pun (Breloom) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Low Sweep
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore

My answer to Poli, Hippowdon, and TTar. I honestly love Technician 'loom. Low Sweep and Mach Punch are the main moves I use against Hippowdon and TTar, while Bullet Seed is used for Poli. Spore is what makes Breloom an overall nuisance to any type of team, oftentimes rendering a Pokemon entirely useless for the entirety of the match.

Jiggy (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled
- Toxic
I absolutely love Eviolite Chansey. She's extremely bulky, can ToxicToss stall, and even pass Wishes! Its my main wall in general. I actually can stall out most of the special attackers in the tier with the blob!

Corpse (Venusaur) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
Under sun, Venusaur's Speed skyrockets, allowing it to easily sweep through teams. Growth boosts Venus' respectable offensive stats to unimaginable levels, while its dual stabs smash through teams. HP Fire is simply there for coverage.
Magmass (Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
My Sun abuser of choice. His Fire Blast is absolutely beastly, as is his Earth Power. HP Ice is for those pesky Ground- types that wall is STABs, it has Rocks if I need to set them up after Foretress.

Forespin (Forretress) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
My spinner and hazard-setter of choice. It is often my lead at first, luring in Fire- type moves for Heatran, then switching out. Plus this guy has the physical defense to compliment the gargantuan special defense Blissey has.

This team plays like this. If the team has a weather other than Sun, I lead with Breloom to kill their weather starter, and go into Niney and wreak havoc. if the team has Sun, I lead with Forretress to lure in a Fire attack for Niney to sponge, or give Heatran a free boost and attempt to sweep from there. If the team is weather-counter, I use Breloom or Venus to kill the Sun counter, then sweep.
Teambuilding
So I had Ninetales, I wanted to test out Breloom on a Sun Team, too.
(1) Ninetales, Breloom
I needed my two abusers, so I chose Heatran and Venusaur.
(2) Nintales, Breloom, Heatran, Venusaur
I needed a wall, the first thing that came to mind was Eviolite Chansey.
(3) Ninetales, Breloom, Heatran, Venusaur, Chansey
I also needed a lure for Heatran to gain boosts, first I chose Scizor.
(4) Ninetales, Breloom, Heatran, Venusaur, Scizor
I then realized I needed spin support for Niney. I chose Espeon.
(5) Ninetales, Breloom, Heatran, Venusaur, Chansey, Espeon
Finally, I found that Forretress could function as a lure and spinner.
(6) Ninetales, Breloom, Heatran, Venusaur, Chansey, Foretress

Pretty standard stuff. However, you really ought to move those HP evs from HP into Speed on your Venusaur. You don't want to get outrun by a +1 Dragonite and others, do you?

hmm, nice job using sun! seems like a normal team, quite standard. How about switch your eviolite user because chansey has very low defense. maybe dusclops for added bulk? ever tryed using wobbuffet? this team seems quite solid. what is your conters to terrakion? keldeo?. But, this team is very standard

I did consider Wobbufett, but it didn't fit my style, it's also quite a coincidence that I am actually testing Dusclops right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)