My OU Team

This is a team I've put together that I really like. I am not the greatest at teambuilding, so I'm open to any changes/comments you have.

Volcarona
Item:Life Orb
Ability:Flame Body
Moves:Quiver Dance, Bug Buzz, Fire Blast, HP Rock
EV:252 SpA, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
Nature:Timid
Volcarona is so strong after a Quiver Dance or two. He can destroy teams sometimes, but is very weak to stealth rock. That's where Starmie comes in.

Starmie
Item:Leftovers
Ability:Natural Cure
Moves:Scald, Rapid Spin, Ice Beam, Recover
EV:252 HP, 4 SpA, 252 Spe
Nature:Timid
Starmie is more of a defensive set. Starmie can attack if he has to, but is mainly there to get rid of entry hazards, specifically stealth rock.

Terrakion
Item:Air Balloon
Ability:Justified
Moves:Substitute, Swords Dance, Close Combat, Stone Edge
EV:4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Nature:Adamant
Terrakion is so powerful! multiple times has he been the last pokemon left on my team against 2-3 other pokemon and i ended up winning. He's a really strong sweeper.

Landorus
Item:Expert Belt
Ability:Sand Force
Moves:Earthquake, Stone Edge, U-Turn, HP Ice
EV:228 Atk, 28 SpA, 252 Spe
Nature:Naive
Landorus is very powerful, and can help Terrakion and itself by getting rid of those pesky Gliscors with HP Ice. Another strong sweeper.

Magnezone
Item:Light Clay
Ability:Magnet Pull
Moves:Reflect, Light Screen, Thunder Wave, Volt Switch
EV:252 HP, 116 Def, 140 SpD
Nature:Calm
Magnezone is usually my lead, setting up dual screens, maybe a paralysis, then Volt Switching out. He is very useful.

Blissey
Item:Leftovers
Ability:Natural Cure
Moves:Wish, Protect, Sesimic Toss, Toxic
EV:4 HP, 252 Def, 252 SpD
Nature:Bold
Blissey is my go-to gal. i send her out if i don't know what to do to scout what moves the opponent knows with protect, or to poison them, heal another pokemon with Wish, or just do a little damage. She's very dependable.

Tell me what you think!

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi,

Welcome to Smogon! This a pretty cool team, I like the way you used a lot of common weather sweepers in non-weather, yet it still looks quite solid. However, your team lacks strong fast revenge killers/phazers, which means that pokemon like Tornadus-T or DDancers will give you a lot of trouble. Magnezone seems to be the weakest link in your team; setting up screens well but really that's it. It can trap steel types, but that's not what you have it doing right now. Rain seems like a pretty big problem on this team, so I suggest you switch Magnezone with Choice Scarf Rotom-W.

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid nature
~Volt Switch
~Hydro Pump
~Trick
~Thunderbolt / HP Grass

Rotom-W helps this team in a number of ways- it provides you witha solid offensive pivot, being able to both take hits and deal damage. It also has excellent synergy with Volcorona; drawing in Grass types and then Volt Switching to Volc for a set up. It also repels common stealth rock setters such as Tyranitar. It's electric type coverage will aid you in handling Rain teams too.

Because your team has a few problems with common physical attackers and also because your team does not use it's own Sandstorm, I suggest you switch Landorus with Scarfed Landorus-T. Landorus-T can work in tandem with Rotom-W to help you manage a lot of walls- Gliscor, Tyranitar, Heatran, and Vaporeon- that stop a sweep from Volcorona or Terrakion. With their common counters eliminated by your Volt-Turn pivot core, Terrakion and Volcorona will have a much easier time sweeping, and it will make your team much more effective offensively.

Landorus-T @ Choice Scarf
252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
~U-Turn
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge
~HP Ice

Landorus's awesome ability, Intimidate, allows you to weaken opponents, and then switch to Volc or Terrak to set up. You could also use it as a revenge killer, as it is both faster and more powerful than Rotom. EQ helps you get rid of Heatran, Volcorona's biggest enemy. Stone Edge hits Flying types hard, OHKO'ing Tornadus and Thundurus. U-Turn allows you to scout, and bring in another teammate safely. HP Ice is used to hit Gliscor/Dragons.

Finally, on Volcorona, I suggest you use Fiery Dance instead of Fire Blast. Fiery Dance is definitely powerful enough, and you definitely don't want Volcorona missing a Fire Blast.

That's it for now. Nice team!

Thanks! i'll make the changes! I don't know how to cross stuff out in my original post, though, so i can't. Sorry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)