My Rainy Team

My Rainy Team

So, basically this team has pokemon where most know rain dance to be as destructive as possible
I WANT AS MUCH HELP TO MAKE THIS TEAM NEARLY PERFECT!​

So here are my rainy pokemon!​

1.The Lead:

Bronzong @Damp Rock
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Relaxed (+Def -Spe)
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SDef
~Rain Dance
~Stealth Rock
~Gyro Ball
~Hypnosis​

I chose Bronzong because of its bulk, one weakness (fire) and many resistances that allow it to switch back in and out and danger many Pokemon. He can start off with rain dance and then it can use Stealth Rock to support the team. Because of the rain, fire type moves will make Bronzong stand for a much longer time! Hypnosis from time to time to allow safe entry for sweepers. A huge threat to my team is Ferrothorn, but with this metal thing grass and steel moves would do nothing to my awesomeness :D.​

2. Ferrothorn killer

Breloom
@Toxic Orb
-Spore
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Seed Bomb
Timid, 252 Attack, 252 Spe, 4 Hp

Cheesy333 recommended Breloom instead of Latios for better coverage, as it can wipe out Ferrothorn without the use of Fire Type moves. Breloom can resist thunder wave, can't be leech seeded and potentially kill Ferrothorn.

3.Physical Sweeper

Qwilfish
@ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Poison Jab
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Explosion​

Qwilfish doesn't seem like a character that can sweep out bulky beasts like Groudon... but think wrong young one. I am not using Qwilfish for setting traps like toxic spikes. The idea is to start with sword dance which would make the attack stat amazingly high! Then a simple spam of waterfall and the casual poison jab to usually do a ton of damage or even KO. Explode when the life orb nearly wipes Qwilfish out, or if rain is about to die out. Poison Jab is to take care of grass types that could threaten the team.Qwilfish is a mighty beast and would make opponents shocked that they just got killed by a fish!​

4.Mixed Attacker

Kingdra
@ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk/16 Spd/240 SAtk
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Hydro Pump
- Outrage​

When ther's rain dance...there always has to be Kingdra.
With rain dance available, dragon dance is useless due to swift swim and the boost of power to water type moves :D. The coverage provided is really quite good as it is only using two types of attack. Waterfall is to spam knowing that you have a high chance of attacking first, followed by outrage for dragon types and types that are resistant to water. Hydro pump is to damage most physical walls. Outrage can be replaced by draco meteor but due to the stat reducing, lets just stick with outrage!​

5.Healer

Vaporeon
@ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 188 HP, 252 Defense, 68 Speed
Nature: Bold (+ Defense, - Attack)
- Toxic
- Protect
- Surf/Roar
- Wish​

Vaporeon is the main medicine that keeps everyone going. It is good at this because of its bulkiness. Toxic, wish and protect is good for stalling, especially when vaporeon has a leftover intact.Roar can help the team, but would leave vaporean with no offensive moves. Surf is preferred as it can sweep, especially with rain dance onboard.Vaporeon can be an annoying pokemon to the opponent. i discovered Vaporeon during a random matchup, where I got defeated by a team that got constantly healed by Vaporeon...so annoying yet so cool!​

6.Monster

Rotom-W
@ Damp Rock
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Defense
Nature: Modest (+ Special Attack, - Attack)
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Voltswitch
Rotom-W is a beast in the rain, as thunder gets perfect accuracy and Hydro Pump gets boosted power. Shadow Ball is a STAB move and defeats most ghost type threats like Gengar or Shedinja. Rain Dance is used in case of it dieing out. Gyarados is countered with the occasional thunder spamming and hydro pump is just in case opponents send out occasional ground bulkies like Hippowdon and Rhyperior where Thunder is useless.​

id recommend bronzong over jolteon because of its longetivity and putting a strong fighting type somwhere e.g. conkeldur or infernape to cover your weakness to ferro also a banded infernape would cover excadrill and ohk0 with banded mach punch if not then id strongly reccomend bronzong over jolt

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
erm...hidden power fire barely does anything to that annoying spiky ball of wall-ness, and even more so under rain. And then ferrothorn starts gyro-balling you...

and proceeds to wall everything else on the team. Except Latios, which you have 6 moves for...which 4 are you using?

Even if latios has HP FIRE the rain you're supplying is increasing ferrothorns chance of survival... its like the most common pokemon in the OU metagame, you need some fighting moves. Since this is a pretty offensive team i'd say go for conkeldurr or scrafty

and if you want a freeothorn counter use breloom, it isnt effected by leech seed, absorbs thunderwave with toxic orb and can fire off stab focus punches

breloom @ toxic orb
12 hp 240 atk 252 spd

Jolly

substitute
focus punch
spore
filler

I also recommend replacing a pokemon for breloom or maybe even lucario, because that flamethrower isnt going to be doing much in the rain,and once latios is gone, ferrothorn can rip through your team.

ok first thing is first. never run fire moves on a pokemon that you would like to sweep with, within the rain. if the rain is up believe me that hp fire will do jack sh** to ferrothorn. maybe like 12 percent if that. so only go with HP fire/flamethrower on a pokemon you know you only wantin battle when rain is not up. also any thunderbolt user, if it can learn thunder, make it have thunder!
instead of quilfish id suggest running a different pokemon. try Dragonnite

DDNite
move 1: Dragon Dance
move 2: Dragon Claw / Outrage
move 3: Stone Edge
move 4: Roost
ability: Multi Scale
item: Leftovers / Lum Berry
nature: Adamant
Evs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe

that would really help ur team out. if he sets up once or twice he is dangerous just saying. if you don like it fine. but just try it out trust me. or even a salamance:
this is the set i use for salamence rain abuser:

Salamence @ choice specs/life orb
Modest/ timid
252 speed, 252 special attack, 6 hp.
Hydro Pump
Dragon pulse
Draco meteor
HP grass/protect(protect only if you have life orb)
please try these pokemon. this salamence is awesome trust me u will love it so try both in the team. one at a time ofcourse dont have both in there lol

haunter

Banned deucer.
Please test your teams before putting them up for rate. Latios doesn't even learn flamethrower and you're obviously terribly weak to Ferrothorn. You can use Toxicroak: swords dance\ice punch\cross chop\sucker punch; adamant: 4 HP\252 Atk\252 Spe to partially cover your weakness to Ferrothorn.

Also consider volt switch on Rotom over shadow ball, in Gen V Rotom is no longer part ghost so shadow ball gets no stab and doesn't give you any particular coverage except for the Lati twins. Volt switch allows you to scout your opponent and gives you immediate momentum.

However, please only bump this thread when you've done a few days of actual testing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)