SM OU My SM OU Team

Victory Celebration!

Now, this is my first team, so I'm just looking for advice, and a possible way to fix this team if necessary (Which will obviously be the case, I'm just a beginner.)
I'm using the images from pokepaste, so bear with me.

V is for Victory (Victini) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Celebrate
- Stored Power
- Searing Shot
- Focus Blast

So, I wanted to build a team based on this set for Victini, because after a Normalium Z boosted Celebrate, which boosts all of the user's stats by one, Stored Power has a BP of 120. Combined with STAB and the +1 in Special attack, it's pretty powerful. Plus, it's got 100 accuracy, so I don't have to worry about it missing. Focus Blast is for any Dark types that might get switched in, and should be more accurate due to Victory Star, if I'm thinking correctly. (It doesn't seem to be that way on Showdown, though.) I also gave it searing shot because of the higher chance to burn than fire blast, and the accuracy is better. The EVs in HP and Defense are so that once Victini gets its boosts in its defenses, it'll be able to take a hit better.

Reedus Jonah (Smeargle) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard

So, my next step was to get something that I could use to set up with. I needed to slow things down, and cripple any huge threats, like aerodactyl, that are immune to sticky web. Stealth rock also eliminates any sturdy or focus sash sets that could possibly take a hit from Victini, then retaliate. Spore is a must, because it allows smeargle to set up more as the opponent switches or stays asleep for a few turns. Ice shard is there for big threats like Garchomp and Landorus that are heavily weak to ice and faster than smeargle. The EVs are there so that Smeargle can do a little bit of damage and set up as fast as possible, as Smeargle cannot take a hit anyways.

Ice Man (Avalugg) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Protect
- Avalanche

I figured that I also need to have something that takes away any hazards that might cripple Victini. Victini relies on its boosts, so Sticky Web needs to be removed, and Stealth rock is a big threat as well, considering the fact that Victini is a fire type. That's where Rapid Spin comes in. I changed Earthquake into recover because a wall like Avalugg needs some recovery. And Protect is there for a little bit more leftovers recovery. Obviously, Avalanche is there so Avalugg can take a hit and retaliate, and it works really well with Sturdy and its typing. The EVs are just there for a basic physical wall with physical attacks.

Innocent Boi (Comfey) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Draining Kiss
- Synthesis
- Protect

Next, I needed some way to get rid of status conditions on my team, and a mon like Comfey is perfect for that, because it can immediately do that with a Triage boosted Aromatherapy. It also gets Draining Kiss, which would help me out with Dark type mons that would be a threat to Victini, as well as Garchomp, as well as getting STAB. Synthesis and Protect are there for extra recovery. The EVs are there so that Comfey can take a hit, and not be outsped when it comes to other mons with priority, such as a Taunt Mega Banette.

Loki, the trickster (Liepard) (M) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Gentle Nature
- Fake Out
- Sunny Day
- Dark Pulse
- Thunder Wave

Now here's where I decided I needed something to cripple things even more. I knew that Liepard got Prankster T Wave, as well as Sunny Day. Sunny Day would help out with Victini's searing shot, as well as giving Comfey's Synthesis more recovery. Fake Out is just to scout out Leftovers or get rid of Focus Sash/ Sturdy if possible. Dark Pulse is the STAB, and helps out in case some mon gets a taunt off twice.

My PRECIOUS (Sableye-Mega) @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Calm Mind
- Fake Out
- Pain Split
- Dark Pulse

Mega Sableye should be obvious, as it's one of the only walls that can bounce back any status moves that could cripple it. Calm Mind is there so that before it mega evolves, it can set up using Prankster and become more specially bulky, and do more damage with Dark Pulse. Fake out and Dark Pulse are there for the same reason I gave them to Liepard, as well as Dark Pulse being boosted by the Calm Minds I would set up. Pain Split is there for some recovery when needed, as well as some more damage to the opponent.

Well, there's my team! This is the first team I've made myself, because I'm tired of using other people's teams, so please don't be too harsh.

V is for Victory (Victini) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Celebrate
- Stored Power
- Searing Shot
- Focus Blast

Reedus Jonah (Smeargle) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard

Ice Man (Avalugg) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Protect
- Avalanche

Innocent Boi (Comfey) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Draining Kiss
- Synthesis
- Protect

Loki, the trickster (Liepard) (M) @ Mental Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Gentle Nature
- Fake Out
- Sunny Day
- Dark Pulse
- Thunder Wave

My PRECIOUS (Sableye-Mega) @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Calm Mind
- Fake Out
- Pain Split
- Dark Pulse

Last edited:

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Edit: open

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)