My Standard Team (over used)

AWWWWW YEAH
|
|
|
|
|

~I basically started off with bronzong and then went on from there. this team has actually pulled off some pretty good wins.​
---------------------------------
Gengar
w/ Black sludge
"sub-disable" gengar
-i used sub-disable gengar because my sweeper gengar wasnt accomplishing anything. with sub-disable, i can stop a poke from setting up and can kill them easily behind a sub. the only downside is if its a baton pass team :(

Starmie
w/ Life Orb (Timid)
6 HP/252 Spatk/252 Spe
-Psychic
-hydro pump
-tbolt
-rapid spin
i use psychic over ice beam because nobody really knows about it. it helps a lot when there is a conkeldurr on the opponents team. rapid spin helps get hazards away and overall a great sweep

P2
w/ Eviolite
252 HP/42 Spatk/216 Spdef (Calm) - Trace
-discharge
-ice beam
-toxic
-recover
i switched the EVs of the "defensive" set to spdef. the stats change dramtically for some reason(in spdef) which helps a lot. trace helps a lot because i can predict certain moves made by certain pokes like chandelure and heatran. switching into gliscor help to with poison heal. p2 gets a lot of hax which is helpful heheheh

Bronzong
w/ lefties
252 hp/80atk/84def/92 spdef (sassy) - heatproof 31/31/31/31/31/2
-hp ice
-stealth rock
-eq
-gyro ball
i run heatproof over levitate because everybody predicts bronzong to be levitate so i abuse this. i usually use this as my lead so i know what poke i can use to setup on. i tend to setup rocks first and then go into a "sweep" cause nothing can really ohko bronzong

Ferrothorn
w/ lefties
252 HP/48def/210spdef (relaxed) 0 speed iv
-leech seed
-spikes
-protect
-gyro ball
i use spikes on ferrothorn because rocks are going to be setup by bronzong. i use protect for scouting and pp-stalling and gaining health. ferrothorn blocks some of the super effective moves like ghost,psychic,dark,dragon,ground,water,electric,etc.this is basically a standard set. but it still works :)

Dragonite
w/ Choice Band
6 HP/252atk/252spe (adamant)
-outrage
-fire punch
-extremespeed
-waterfall
idk if i should run waterfall over eq or dragon claw. but whatever. i tend to use this as a lead, and to prevent other ferrothorns from coming in. 403*1.5 fire punch can guarantee ohko on ferrothorn. every other move is just for coverage/revenge killing/stab sweep

all in all a decent team that i made and tend to use quite a lot.
please make a counter team so i know how i can change this up a little :)
i tend to switch my lead between dragonite,brozong and gengar just because nobody expects the other.
PLEASE TELL ME HOW I CAN MAKE THIS BETTER :)

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Wait. Why would you run Heatproof on Bronzong? One of its best assets is its ability to check sand teams. Losing Levitate takes that away. With Spikes everywhere, its gonna be kind of obvious when your Bronzong switches in but takes damage from spikes. Levitate>Heatproof every time.

Starmie should run Psyshock over Psychic. As it allows it to hit annoying pokes like Blissey.

Your sub Disable Gengar seems to be missing EVs/ moveset. But I'd probably replace it outright with a Jellicent. Your team looks like it struggles against stall and fighting types (Gengar does not want to be hit by anything other than fighting/normal/ground moves). I suggest Jellicent because it can accomplish both, while giving you an additional fire resist as well.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
Bold
248 Hp/ 216 Def/ 44 Spe
Scald
Toxic
Taunt
Recover

Run power whip over protect on ferrothorn for water types who resist gyro ball and for more coverage.
On bronzong change the attack evs to def/sdef and replace hp ice with payback or explosion.
good luck and good team

Well I am too lazy to make a counter team, but I can tell you that timid max speed Magnezone sets up on your ferro and bronzong like crazy and then can sweep through most of your team (other than starmie/gengar) who usually aren't around in late game when a zone sweep could occur anyway, I am not sure but I believe a 6+ thunderbolt does about... *runs calc* 85% - 100.3% to your porygon2, so with a layer of spikes up you are pretty much screwed, also I just checked, adamant dragonite does outspeed timid magnezone, so you aren't as weak as I thought. But someone trolling with eviolite max speed magneton could be a problem.

Gastrodon and swampert are exceptional checks to magnezone and magneton, having resistances to both of their stabs, hidden power fire, and neutrality to hidden power ice.

Also I have noticed an even larger problem, you are swords dance lucario weak as well, but only if gengar is gone. Without gengar, Lucario can set up on (although it's begging for parahax) porygon2, ferrothorn, and dragonite locked into extremespeed.
Gyarados, Bulky zapdos, bulky salamence on occasion, hippowdon, scarfed heatran, and choice scarfed steels in general, make great swords dance lucario checks, although they must beware of nasty plot and agility varients respectively.

Good job Nick, if you can fix those problems you will have a pretty solid team.

ps keep psychic > psyshock on starmie because otherwise you are somewhat weak to conkeldurr, but gengar can check him nicely as well.

BTW ferro trolls and can survive banded fire punch from dragonite outside of rain. and it can sometimes avoid 2HKO in the rain.

You should probably change the attack ev's to defence on bronzong, unless they guarentee KO's on niche things that your team is weak to, and run levitate, but that is your call.

Good luck.

Well I am too lazy to make a counter team, but I can tell you that timid max speed Magnezone sets up on your ferro and bronzong like crazy and then can sweep through most of your team (other than starmie/gengar) who usually aren't around in late game when a zone sweep could occur anyway, I am not sure but I believe a 6+ thunderbolt does about... *runs calc* 85% - 100.3% to your porygon2, so with a layer of spikes up you are pretty much screwed, also I just checked, adamant dragonite does outspeed timid magnezone, so you aren't as weak as I thought. But someone trolling with eviolite max speed magneton could be a problem.
Every Ferrothorn gets set up on by 'Zone. There's nothing you can do about it if Magnezone gets in, but he's not common enough to worry too much about. Bronzong kills with EQ, so he's not threatened. He has three other pokemon who can take care of 'Zone anyways.

Hi poofingpiplup, nice team.

First and foremost, I echo everybody who said to give 'Zong Levitate. Heatproof is useful on almost any other pokemon, but Levitate is just flat-out better, especially since he needs it to check Excadrill.

I'm not a huge fan of Disable Gengar for your team. I guess it can stop some setup pokemon, but with Dragonite and Starmie to apply offensive pressure I'm not overly worried about them. Your team would appreciate another fast, powerful pokmon to support your two main sweepers. Therefore, I would replace Gengar with a Choice Scarf Chandelure.

Chandelure@Choice Scarf
Modest Nature, 252SpA/4SpD/252Spe
Overheat
Shadow Ball
HP fighting
Energy Ball

Chandelure gives you another huge offensive presence, and can be used to both Revenge kill and break opposing walls for Starmie and Dragonite. While that's all well and good, a big reason I like him for you is Flash Fire, which gives you a more dependable Fire immunity; since Dragonite and Starmie are your only offensive pokemon, you don't really want to be forced into exposing them to unecessary damage. He also retains a Ghost typing on your team, which allows your to check Conkeldurr and Rapid Spin. Overheat is for the added power and accuracy over Fire Blast, since normally you switch out right away. Shadow Ball is secondary STAB, while HP fighting rounds out his perfect neutral coverage. Energy Ball is mostly filler, but it does obliterate Swamperts and Gastrodons bold enough to switch in. New World order's Jellicent patches up many of the same holes Chandy would, but is much more defensive and lacks an offensive presence. Pick whichever suits your fancy.

I would run Earthquake over Waterfall on Dragonite as well. It has more base power, and has better synergy with Dragonite's STAB.

I hope that helps. Good luck!

Hey 2sly4u, you bring up a ton of good points in your comment, I actually realized after writing that his bronzong is not weak to magnezone, the only point I was trying to make there is that he doesn't have much to stop magezone once it's set up, he only has a few things that can outspeed it, and although rare, it is still a large threat to the team so I figured I would post as he said he did want to know something like a "counter team"

I agree with changing heatproof to levitate as it does check excadrill excellently with it, and with the abundance of spikes in the metagame, and the main user forcing out his spinner, it is unlikely he will be able to maintain that bluff very well.

I would actually run waterfall over earthquake due to the fact that with many immunities to ground going around, i.e genies, lati's, random air baloon pokes. Waterfall provides similar coverage to earthquake without the immunities, and I feel that on a choice set, it is more important to give your opponents fewer opportunites to set up.

Good luck piplup.
peace

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)