My Sunburn Hurts So Bad, I Had To Make This To Keep My Mind Off Of It.

So after I got my cast off of my leg and was able to walk again, I went to play Golf. My mistake: I wore Shorts. I guess my skin wasn't ready to take all of the sun you get in 6 hours (27 holes) of Golf in the 90 Degree Arizona Sun. :'(

Anyway, I decided to make a team based solely on roles.

I: Physical Sweeper

Lucario @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus [ Prevents Flinching ]
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
Nature: Jolly [ + Speed / - Special Attack ]
* Crunch
* In Fight
* Stone Edge
* Swords Dance

II: Special Sweeper

Porygon-Z @ Leftovers
Trait: Download [ Raises Atk / SAtk Depending On Foes Def / SDef
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
Nature: Timid [ + Speed / - Attack ]
* Ice Beam
* Scheme
* Thunderbolt
* Tri-Attack

III: Physical Wall

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Trait: Keen Eye [ Prevents Loss of Accuracy ]
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Attack / 192 Defense
Nature: Impish [ + Defense / - Special Attack ]
* Drill Peck
* Feather Rest
* Roar
* Spikes / Stealth Rock

IV: Special Wall

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat [ 50% Damage From Fire & Ice Attacks ]
EVs: 56 HP / 176 Attack / 136 Defense / 140 Special Defense
Nature: Careful [ + Special Defense / - Special Attack ]
* Crunch
* Curse
* Rest
* Return

V: Annoyer

Roserade @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure [ Heals Status Afflictions Upon Switching Out ]
EVs: 122 HP / 136 Special Attack / 252 Speed
Nature: Timid [ + Speed / - Attack ]
* Aromatherapy
* Energy Ball / Grass Rope
* Leech Seed
* Substitute

VI: Supporter

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb [ Recovers HP When Hit With Water Attacks ]
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Defense / 56 Special Attack / 124 Special Defense
Nature: Bold [ + Defense / - Attack ]
* Baton Pass
* Haze
* Surf
* Wish

Ok, so tell me how crappy it is.... >_>

I like how this team is made because in D/P you have to make teams around roles instead of specific pokemon. Modular teams are the way to go.

I don't see a huge flaw in this team. If Gyrados give you trouble than you switch out a different special sweeper or other stuff.

In order for Snorlax to be effective in this generation, it needs ~501 HP and ~max Special Defense.
Gyarados can easily have enough Speed to outrun and OHKO Porygon-Z after a Dragon Dance or two.
I see a possible Gallade/Medicham weak.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You have three fighting weaknesses and your one Fighting resist is incredibly frail. Heracross and Tyraniboah will walk all over you. Not sure how you want to go about fixing that.

Matt

Maybe monads might not matter
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You've got nothing for Gachomp or Heracross, since Heracross will wear Skarmory down with In Fight/Focus Punch, and Gachomp will just Swords Dance and sweep your whole team. I'd make Vaporeon's set Haze/Surf/Ice Beam/Wish, or drop it altogether for a Milotic with Haze/Surf/Ice Beam/Recover since instant healing is neccessary when fighting Gachomp/other things bulky waters are good for.

I question the whole idea of an "annoyer", since that Roserade isn't going to do anything but be easy prey for something to come in and set up on you. Some kind of fast Choice Bander, maybe a Salamence would be better in that slot. Salamence would also help with Heracross' In Fight, although Vaporeon would have to work overtime healing it with Wish for it to work, maybe just a Dragon Dancer with Leftovers.

Definitely Hi Jump Kick over In Fight on Lucario, the 20 power (HJK is now 100 power/90 accuracy, yay!) isn't worth the defense/special defense drop.

Also, consider an Adherence Glasses Gengar over Porygon-Z, helps out with the Heracross weak, is faster and has comparable special attacking abilities with double stab/Thunderbolt/Hidden Power Ice. It's faster than Gachomp too, and probably OHKOs it, or at least does a ton of damage.

Yeah. I feel lax is no longer the great special wall it was in 3rd gen.

for PorygonZ, it is probaly the only pokemon that can pull off a Hyper Beam w/o getting pooped on next turn.

Yeah. and Misty is right, heracross will literally "walk all over you"

On every Poke as an individual, Lucario needs Extremespeed if you're using Swords Dance, preferably over Stone Edge, and switch Crunch with Shadow Claw(Shadow Claw doesn't give Fighting types a free swiatchin, and has like 1 point more overall power than Crunch). I would use HJK over In Fight, although it's a matter of preference.

P-Z is alright, though it generally gets beaten by TTar, and considering a DDTar can take out everything but maybe Vaporeon isn't good.

Stealth Rock on Skarmory is IMO a complete waste of potential, and if you use that you should use something else, like Regirock or Rhyperior. Otherwise, standard.

Snorlax is kinda scewed as a tank this gen, which isn't too good. The huge investment you take into the defenses will take away from attack, which means TTar rapes you even harder.

Roserade should simply Subseed, not Aromatherapy too, or Shaymin is your man/girl/doggy :).

Vaporeon, although I love the thing till the end of time, will not help your team even nearly enough from your self-built DDTar weak. You should defintely consider replacing a Poke for another water, considering you have no Ice Beam on Vappy.

Heraheraheraheraheraheraheraheraherahera weak. That, IMO, should be the first physical sweeper to prepare for. It's easily the most dangerous, being able to outspeed all of the slower metagame and with two 120 base power STABed moves, Guts, and unpredictability. You should think about him before anything else.

DDtar, and to an extent CBTar will rape your team.

Medicham should also be considered, nothing on your team can handle it. A CB Cham HJK will hurt anything that switches into it very badly, and with Roserade being your only fighting resist, you might have a hard time taking it.(Seph has said he has sweeped teams with Cham on WiFi atm, which I trust because Cham is a monster.)

I feel that your team is not quite in tune with each other. I know that this may be pointless to say, but I think that just assigning different pokemon to different roles isn't really going to work in D/P. Your team just doesn't really have a core strategy built upon it, or even a vague philosophy behind why you're doing what you're doing. Part of that may be because you didn't write one, but for all I know, there isn't one.

As for your DDtar, CBtar, Heracross, and DDdos weaknesses, I would recommend addressing them to some degree, but I know that "life is Hera weak", so it's perfectly understandable if you just want to leave a few weak points. Almost every team has trouble handling some threats, and I wouldn't honestly expect you to be able to come up with a tournament-quality team on short notice while being in excruciating pain, but at least reduce some of the weaknesses a little bit.

Sorry if I sounded a little harsh, it's nothing personal, I'm kind of in a bad mood right now because I was supposed to be out of town right now and I'm stuck at home due to mixed messages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)