Torterra (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
Rock Polish doubles it speed and with Jolly Nature Outspeeds every unboosted Pokemon in the tier and outspeeds most choice scarf users. With its natural physical defense coupled with Leftovers for recovery it's easy to set up. Terra's Dual Stab covers a wide variety of the tier alone but Stone Edge is necessary for hitting Flying types that resist Grass and are immune to Ground. Wood Hammer with or without Life Orb 2HKO Alomomola and OHKO's with SR up but obviously this is quite easy to negate with Wish protect and prediction. Working on amending the team for it's Alomomola weakness.

Alomomola (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect
Again, standard Smogon Wish Support set. Outside of passing on huge amounts of HP recovery to teamates it can employ easy Toxic stall with Protect and Wish to keep itself ahead and can switch out whenever for 1/3 HP recovery so makes it a consistent and useful defensive wall who can double up as a staller.

Regice @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SAtk / 8 SDef
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
Consistent and powerful BoltBeam user with good recovery, great bulk and consistent recovery in Rest. Out of all the Pokemon in this team however it requires the greatest prediction to maintain it's bulky sweeper capabilities and a heightened awareness of the plateau of fighting types that exist in the tier.

Sawk (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
Choice scarf, max attack, punches huge holes in anything that doesn't resist CC and has great coverage all round. Awesome revenge killer and without hazards up Study guarantees at least two hits on anything that stays in on it.

Armaldo (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Rock Blast
- X-Scissor
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
One of the best Rapid Spinners in the tier and doubles up as my SR placer. Double stab moves plus a decent offensive capability despite no investment allows it to damage or KO a wide range of Pokemon in the Tie,r forcing switches and limiting sweepers set-up opportunities.

Duosion (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Def
Quiet Nature
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Trick Room
The wild card of the team. It's naturally high HP and Sp.Atk stat allows it to function as a powerful TR sweeper and often surprises those expecting a bulky CM set. Requires a decent level of prediction to pull off but once TR is up it's hard to stop it tearing through unprepared teams. Also, TR has it's benefits for Regice and Alomomola should you be forced to switch.

I'm new to NU and want to know if there's any particular Pokemon my team doesn't cover or a gaping weakness I've not seen yet.
Improvements, suggestions, entire reworkings of my team all appreciated. Oh and if you can think of a good name for the team (preferably comedic) that'd be awesome too. Cheers.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
First of all you have to write about each Pokemon or this thread will be locked

This is quite a nice team though but there are a few things. Firstly you should put scarf prime ape over sawk to out speed scarfed rotoms and speed tie with jynx. Secondly, if you want you could have the torterra next best thing set with swords dance over stone edge, that will help you out a bit. Your duosion has a weird set, it would be better running eviolite with max hp max sp attack or defense and running calm mind, psyshock,hp fighting and recover.

You also are weak to alomomola.

Yeah. You really need descriptions becuase for some reason it just gets are minds going. It really does help potental raters and is also manditory. I disagree with anty on the sawk vs primeape thing. Sawk had beter attack, while primape has more speed. Personaly, I prefere sawk becuase it will hit harder than primeape, even without its commonly used choice band or scarf.

Done. My commentary on Torterra explains why I'm reluctant to remove Stone Edge but I will experiment with Swords Dance and see how things turn out. Would give me a guranteed OHKO on Alomomola which would be nice.
I agree with Garchomp for President, Sawk is better overall although Primape does have U-Turn going for it Sawk's sheer force is definitely needed.
As for Duosion, the set is powerful but a bulky set may suit the team better, will experiment with that too.
Any suggestions who I'd change to counter Alomomola?

Do this
  1. Click the little icon with the sun and mountain
  2. Then remember this exact code:http:// img.pokemondb.net/ sprites/ black-white/anim/normal/insert pokemons name here.gif
  3. Enjoy your sprite

Hint: Dont space the link. I just did it to show you it all

For sure all rate this when its cleaned up

I think its a bit weird to be running a trick roomer with a scarf Sawk i would suggest changing it to a gurdurr or throh or minimise the sawks speed and get rid of the scarf for life orb or something similar

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
With your duosion, even though I don't have access to calcs now, alomomola should not have much problem withyour current duosion, as it is able to wish stall out trick room and fire off waterfalls as you dont have recovery, though I like your duosion. I would suggest psychic over psyshock, as it is harder to get rid of alomomola than regice with stealth rocks and regenerator. your trick room should also give support for a slow moving powerful torterra. I would either suggest a swords dance torterra (with life orb, which should be on rock polish set too), or having the standard duosion cm set, as that is very good. You also did not explain why you fully invested into defense for armaldo instead of attack, which it can abuse with its high attack set.

Your team is also very slow in general, which is a detriment in this metagame, and having no priority makes you swept by riolu if you do not find a time to rapid spin in 2 turns. Speaking of rapid spin, your team is not especially weak to them, especially with wish support, so I dont think armaldo is that important. For this, I would use Swellow or maybe zangoose if you are afraid of stealth rocks over armaldo, which give you fast priorities, and then stealth rocks on torterra over rock polish>earthquake>stone edge (in order of what I would get rid of).

Don't take away the scarf on sawk, as you need a revenge killer, and lowering speed or using life orb really doesn't make any sense.

So,
CM Duosion>life orb
Swellow or zangoose>armaldo
Stealth Rock Torterra with life orb or leftovers>rock polish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)