My time is now...

INTRO
Hi there everyone. I'm Astark and I have been playing for a while, but this is my first RMT. I’ve been having a lot of success with this team lately and I decided to post it and see if you can rate, criticize and give suggestions, anything to improve the team. Like I said this is my first post so go easy on me. lOl

Team Preview

Let's Take a Closer Look:

Heatran @ Airballoon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature(+SpA, -Atk)
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Dragon Pulse
-Stealth Rock

IMO: I love this guy. He is very important to my team scoring major dents in anything not prepared for him. Also who doesn't love a pokemon who lives in a cave?

Moveset: The move set is a 5th Gen standard now with the exception of Dragon Pulse. I choose Dragon Pulse over the Usual HP Ice because i felt the right damage was better than HP Ice against the dragons who are not 4x weak to it (Haxorus, The Lati twins, Hydreigon, & Kingdra). The only merit i saw in the HP Ice over it was hitting Gliscor on the switch in while my Balloon is intact & Gliscor isn't going to be switching into a Heatran for fear of the standard HP Ice anyway. Fire Blast is for a powerful STAB. I'm considering using Overheat for a slighty more accurate & more powerful move because he tends to be more hit & run now. Earth Power is for other Heatran & Excadrill (If my balloon is intact). Finally Stealth Rock on a predicted switch because the residual damage helps scores KOs for the rest of the team.

Spread: Very standard special sweeping spread with max special attack & max speed. Modest nature goes well with the balloon for maximum damage output & most things that outspeed & kill Heatran are on a much higher speed tier or have priority, rendering Timid useless.

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120HP / 252Atk / 136SpD
Brave Nature(+Atk, -Spe)
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Payback

IMO: You know that old guy who lives in your neighborhood with his cane & hits all the young people? Well this old guy has TWO canes & he isn't afraid to hit you youngsters. The grand elder & Physical sweeper of my team.

Moveset: Pretty straight forward Bulk Up set here. Drain Punch is a reliable stab & recovery move. After a few bulk ups he can keep himself at a decent health span & mach punch is for weakened sweepers. Payback is for the Psychic or Ghost switch-ins. I hate the fact it got nerfed this gen because i lose a lot of OHKOs on the switch-in.

Spread: Maximum attack so my i can wreck whatever is in my path. 120 EVs in Health to bring his overall bulkiness up to 380. Coupled with 136 EVs in special defense he can survive a Psychic & hopefully KO with Payback.

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4HP / 252SpA / 252Spe
Timid Nature(+Spe, -Atk)
-Seed Flare
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-Rest

IMO: It's like Sonic the Hedgehog but slower & green! I love this guy. He's a Sweeper, Status Absorber, & just all around amazing!

Moveset: Seed Flare behind a Life Orb is absolutely monstrous. Anything that doesn't resist it is dented hard. Earth Power hits incoming Fire & Steel who think they can wall me. HP Ice to hit Dragons & Gliscor for super effective damage. Rest recovers any damage & life orb recoil that it racked up as well as remove any status & with it's ability it'll wake up instantly on return to battle.

Spread: Not much to say pretty standard here. Max Speed & Special Attack.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 216Atk / 40SpA / 252Spe
Naive Nature(+Spe, -SpD)
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast

IMO: The beast king from 4th gen returns. The menace who plagued OU so bad he was banished to join the big boys in Ubers. I present the one & only Salamence.

Moveset: The most important move on this set is Dragon Dance. With Salamence stats +1DD will OHKO many unprepared targets. The combo of Outrage & Earthquake give good neutral coverage only walled by a few uncommon pokes. Fire Blast hits Those pesky steels who come in to ruin my sweep & it also adds to the overall coverage. All in all, he's a menace to society.

Spread: A slight adjustment to the standard sweeping set. Max Speed with a Naive nature to 328 which after one DD is a good speed tier. I gave 40 points to his Special Attack so that he can score KOs against the specially defensive versions of certain Steel & Grass pokemon & the rest goes into Atk to give the most damage possible after the DD boost.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252SpA / 4SpD / 252Spe
Timid Nature(+Spe, -Atk)
-Calm Mind
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power [Grass]

IMO: This guy was the first Pokemon to talk to people in english after Mewtwo. Obviously it's pretty bad ass then. He is also what you call a Bulky Water which is always a good thing.

Moveset: Calm Mind to increase his special side. Makes him Bulky & Hard-hitting. Surf is for a powerful & reliable STAB while Ice Beam hits dragons or the Genies hard. HP Grass his the incoming Waters who think they can toxic stall FTW.

Spread: Max Special Attack & Speed are a must for a special sweeper & that's what i gave him.

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252SpA / 4SpD / 252Spe
Timid Nature(+Spe, 1Atk)
-Thunderbolt
-Shadowball
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-Volt Switch

IMO: Isn't he so cute with all his prickles. If you don't watch your back he'll wreck face though. Only issue i've had is those pesky ground types that have a lot of Special Bulk.

Moveset: This is all pretty straight forward. Thunderbolt for reliable STAB & Jolteon's most powerful option. Shadowball demolishes ghosts such as Gengar & Chandelure as well as giving decent neutral coverage to everything resistant to it. Hidden Power Ice is for Dragons. Volt Switch is good for scouting switch-ins & gives me valuable momentum but again must beware of those Ground-types.

Spread: Max Special Attack & max Speed with a Timid nature. Standard Choice using spread.

Finally:
That's my team. It does a real good job but i'm looking to fix it up so i can ladder with it. I'm open to all criticism & suggestions & will try anything you guys throw. If you suggest replacements please leave a reason why. I hope you enjoy reading it because i took a lot of time writing this.

From all of us at {HQ} i bide you farewell for now

I would suggest tormentran because of leads...speaking from my politoed lead :D
Tormentran!
Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait - Calm
Torment
Substitute
Protect
Lava Plume

Sub, torment, protect, rinse and repeat.

CM virizion can easily defeat this team. your ice attacks are not powerful enough to OHKO it, and it can OHKO basically your whole team after it's at +1. not much can stop that monster, but replacing conkledurr with a scizor can prevent it from at least 6-0ing you. most sets will 2HKO with bullet punch as long as you're using a boosting item. +1 focus blast will usually be enough to OHKO scizor, but at least you can finish it off with jolteon. hope this helps.

Hello Astark, this is a pretty cool team you have but Specs Latios and Calm Mind Virizion are major threats. The former can just repeatedly spam Draco Meteor, as your only resist, Heatran, cannot switch in more than twice, and the latter can cut through your entire team with a moveset of Giga Drain | Focus Blast | HP Ice, as your only mon that outspeeds, Jolteon, won't KO with its own HP Ice thanks to CM's SpD boost. This can be fixed by running a specially defensive Skarmory in place of Shaymin. The reason I think Shaymin can be replaced is that it's not really contributing to the team outside of hitting with powerful special attacks, which Suicune and Jolteon already do. Skarm can sponge Latios' Draco Meteors and instantly heal the damage off with Roost. It also is capable of tanking Virizion's +1 Focus Blast and responding with a 4x super effective Brave Bird. The spikes support it gives will help your main sweepers break down the opposing teams.
@ Leftovers
Careful | EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Spikes | Whirlwind | Roost | Brave Bird

The other thing I had in mind is to try Roar over HP Grass on Suicune - the grass coverage doesn't hit anything notable bar Quagsire and Gastrodon, who Skarm spikes over, and an extra phazer to abuse spikes is always helpful. Edit: it also helps with your CM Reuniclus weakness because it lets you boost up to +6 alongside it, and then phaze it out, erasing all of its boosts while keeping yours.

With these changes I think your team looks quite solid, good luck!

I see that you are using Suicune, one of my favorite sweepers. IMO you should at least try HP Electric to hit Jellicent along with Vaporeon for a 2HKO. Otherwise it looks incredibly solid, GL with your team!

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
This team looks a bit Latios weak, as nothing on this team will enjoy taking Specs Draco Meteor (Well, Heatran resists it, but Latios can just switch out, and Tran won't like eating multiple Draco Meteors in one match). Cm Reuniclus can also set-up on a lot of your pokemon, as Conkeldurr outspeeds it, so Payback won't hurt it much. For these reasons, I think Scizor could be a good addition to this team, as it resists Draco Meteor and can Pursuit Latios for an easy kill. It can also U-Turn Reuniclus for major damage, and help scout the opponents team. A choice banded version looks like the best addition to this team :
Scizor @ Choice Band
technician/adamant
248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spe
U-Turn/Pursuit/Superpower/Bullet Punch

Fairly standard, but really effective.

Hope I helped.

Hey Astark even thought it's hard to make a suggestion because I think you beat me with this team. I was thinking that maybe you should switch Conkeldurr for Toxicroak. I only say that because Toxicroak is better almost in all categories. It's faster, higher SpA and Def, Atk and HP are close to Conkeldurrs. Here is what I use:

Toxicroak
Item: Leftovers/Life Orb
Ability: Poison Touch
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk, 48 Def, 100 SpD and 108 Spe
Moves: Sucker Punch, Drain Punch, Bulk Up, Substitute

Hey Astark even thought it's hard to make a suggestion because I think you beat me with this team. I was thinking that maybe you should switch Conkeldurr for Toxicroak. I only say that because Toxicroak is better almost in all categories. It's faster, higher SpA and Def, Atk and HP are close to Conkeldurrs.
That is a good in theory but Conkeldurr is more bulky than Toxicroak. Isn't 4x weak to Psychic-moves & isn't weak to the most common move Earthquake, thus making Conkeldurr the superior choice by giving way to a low base Speed. Besides at base 85 what is Toxicroak outspeeding that Conkeldurr couldn't defeat?

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Personally I'd take out Shaymin since you have Jolteon to beat bulky waters and take incoming Electric attacks aimed at Suicune. You also need it to check Thundurus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)