My UU Team! Please come and rate

Here is my team, that you guys will need to rate. Lets get to it!

Azelf @ Life Orb Trait: Levitate
EVs: 36 Atk / 220 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Psychic
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball- Explosion

So, this is my offensive lead Azelf. So, psychic the main STAB of Azelf that packs huge amount of power. Obliterates weak Pokemon that can't resist or just too frail. Fire Blast is used to get rid of Steel typing. Especially towards Registeel and Escavalier. I really hate them, well and it provides good coverage. Shadow Ball hits everything in UU at least in neutral damage. Except for like about four steel and three dark types that roam the UU tier. Kills Chandelure and Slowbro and deals heavy damage to Eviolite Dusclops. Explosion is a suicidal move. Kill the annoying Pokemon before it becomes a problem or explode when you're about to die.

Escavalier (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Double-Edge
- Pursuit

Great user for a dominating the Choice Band, hitting insanely hard with its STABs. Anyways, Megahorn is his strongest STAB, that is used to hit anything really hard, without being mercilessly. Iron Head just backs up Megahorn. If anything resists Bug-Type, Iron Head is used instead. Hits hard on Rhyperior and Machamp, the two nuisance of the tier. Double-Edge just provides neutral coverage. Hits anything hard, if it's not resisted. Can be used for good predictions, and if you know that both of your STABs are resisted. Pursuit hits anything that tries to run away. Concludes Ambipom, Raikou and other Psychics in the tier.

Chandelure (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

This is my choice of using Chandelure, Choice Specs. Many players that I've battled seem to run Modest or Timid nature, but barely with any speed. This set makes it easy for me to get rid of many other Chandelure. Flamethrower has a lots of power behind it, STAB and Choice Specs delivers heavy damage. Damages a lot of competitive Pokemon that don't resist. Shadow Ball is used to kill of other Chandelures. I really hate Chandelure, gives me headaches dealing with it. Nice coverage and it's STAB. Energy Ball is for predictions on oncoming Waters. I really rarely or never find myself using Energy Ball, so I can't explain on how it's used. Hidden Power Fighting is really used on anything that resists Shadow Ball. I find it to be more of a filler move, but it does come in handy at times.

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Dragon Tail

The precious bulky water of my team. Milotic tanks a lot of Pokemon in UU, especially a wanna be physical sweeper, once Marvel Scale is activated. Scald is for burning my foes and weaken any hope of a physical sweep. Recover is the main reason why Milotic tanks a lot of Pokemons. Recover health while your opponent suffers status problem. Toxic is used for stalling things to death or making them suffer. Pokemon that I don't want burnt, they'll get poisoned by Toxic. Dragon Tail for some reason people never expect from Milotic. They start setting up, but they figure they can't 'cause I revealed Dragon Tail. Dragon Tail is used for shuffling and scouting purposes. Spread burn or poison to teams, thanks to Dragon Tail's effect.

Sandslash (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Safeguard

This Sandslash was a substitute for Donphan. The next good Ground-Type spinner that is close to Donphan. Except for the obvious moves that Donphan learns, that Sandslash doesn't. Anyway, Stealth Rock is an entry hazard that my team relies for a little extra damage. Rapid Spin is for blowing away entry hazards that are sided on my team. Really helpful. Earthquake is my only attacking move. Powerful, but many Pokemon can either evade it or be unaffected by it. Safeguard is for my Pokemon's safety. Defends towards status effecting moves. That's the only reason why I have Safeguard.

Zapdos @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The ''Golden Boy'' of the team. Zapdos with Choice Scarf can be reliable, but with Stealth Rock, it really isn't. Thunderbolt is the main STAB, that deals heavy damage towards weakened Pokemon or just plain frail ones. Heat Waves provides security from Steel-Type, that would otherwise stop you. Volt Switch is a scouting move, just like U-turn works. Hit and Run and check for possible advantage towards a certain Pokemon. Hidden Power Ice provides really good type coverage, especially if its ''BoltBeam.'' Kills of weak annoying Pokemon. Really it's just a Choice Scarf Pokemon, not much to tell, really. Revenge kill, that's why people have Choice Scarf Pokemon.

Please give a comment on your thoughts of my team. Give feedback is appreciated. Try to avoid inane and trivial things ordinary players would know.

My regards to anyone who finished reading!

Psychotic

Banned deucer.
This may sound very critical, but please do not be offended or take this post personally, I am simply trying to help you improve as a player and teambuilder in any way I know how.

Many people make the mistake that you have made with your team. They simply put together a bunch of pokemon that they think are good, or might work together well, and call it a team. Many of the pokes on your team are meant to fill specific roles, and these roles are not necessarily what your team needs. Teams like this have no direction, and therefore do not work to achieve a specific goal. For instance, if I were to use Specs Chandelure or Banded Escavalier, I would use them as wallbreakers, to break holes in the opposing team that one of my sweepers can take advantage of, that would be the goal that they accomplish. I would not simply slap them on a team because they simply "hit stuff hard", which is apparently their job right now.

With that said, to look at how you might improve your team, we must look at what the roles of pokemon on your team are, and how they contribute to the overall team goal. To give this team direction, I would recommend beginning with a sweeper. This will give your team purpose, and every move or decision you make will be working toward allowing this poke to sweep. To decide which pokemon to replace, you must also look at which poke contributes the least. I would recommend replacing Sandslash, because offensive teams cannot afford the loss in momentum that Rapid Spinning brings, giving the opponent a free switch. Sharpedo seems like a good poke to replace it with, because of how easily it can sweep through weakened teams after Chandelure and Escavalier have done their job.

Sharpedo (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Protect
- Earthquake
This slot could be replaced by a number of different sweepers, of course, including CM Raikou, Unburden Hitmonlee, SD Mew, etc...

The next replacement I would make would be Rhyperior in place of Milotic The goal of this team is to break down the other team, which Milotic's weak attacks fail to do, allowing dangerous pokes such as Roserade and Raikou to come in for free. Rhyperior on the other hand still counters the Fire types that your team is quite weak too, and sets up Stealth Rocks to help get offensive pokes into Sharpedo's KO range. Even fully invested in Defense, it punishes frail switch-ins with Earthquake and Stone Edge. I think most teams should have at least one defensively oriented poke to take some hits, and Rhyperior would help contribute to the overall goal of the team tremendously, also countering problem pokes like Raikou. This is the set I like to use, but many Rhyperior sets are good:

Rhyperior (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Toxic
- Earthquake

I know this was more of an essay than an actual rating. Please, don't take any of these comments personally, I was just trying to help out in the best way I know how. I hope I did, and that some of my suggestions improve this and future teams of yours! Message me with any questions.

PsYch071c Thanks for your input. I will keep in mind Sharpedo and Rhyperior as a consideration of replacement. About the whole ''wallbreaker'' thing, I really never liked does kind of Pokemon. I did try once with wallbreaker Escavalier, but it turned out to be a disappointment. And yeah... I'll keep experimenting with different roles like you suggested.
Thanks for the helpful input, once again!

Psychotic

Banned deucer.
What I was trying to point out is that the Escavalier set you are running right now is inherently a wallbreaker, I don't quite know what set you are referring to, but I am sure it is inferior. Almost nothing but Gligar can switch into it safely, even the bulkiest physical walls in Slowbro and Tangrowth. You should be using it to shred teams to a point where something like Sharpedo can sweep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)