My worst Pokemon nightmare just become a reality

Let me start off by saying that I have been playing Pokemon for 10 years now, my first game being Ruby when I was 6. Since then, I have been in love with the series and play it constantly. When Omega Ruby came out, the first thing I wanted to do was trade over my original Pokemon and see how they look in 3D. Well yesterday, I went out a bought a Red New 3DS XL to correspond to Pokemon Ruby. I did the system transfer and everything went well, or so I thought. Both systems said that the transfer was complete so I was extremely happy. I pop open the system to see that great Groudon/Kyogre theme I bought and go to open Omega Ruby. All seems well until the game says that the save file is corrupted. Fine, no problem, I'll contact Nintendo and see what can be done about it. Simply put, they tell me the only thing they can do is make sure I get the game back, but my save is gone. Finally getting my first Pokemon team was the best day of my life for six year old me and even if this is kinda pathetic, I am heartbroken that I lost nearly everything from 5000+ hours of playtime for the entire series. I don't expect to be getting anywhere near all of it back but it would make this a lot easier on me if you could at least help me get back my original team. The team consisted of Sceptile, Swampert(My 1st Starter <3), Blaziken, Flygon, Metagross, and Manectric. If you could help me in any way possibly, I would be forever in your gratitude.

Sorry if this is not allowed.

Last edited:
Dude this absolutely sucks balls.

IGN has a very good page on their 3DS wiki which helps explain the confusing data transfer process. http://uk.ign.com/wikis/nintendo-3ds/3DS_to_New_3DS_or_3DS_XL_System_Transfer

I hope that helps - failing that there is an IGN Nintendo Voice Chat Facebook page which I am told is very knowledgeable and friendly (admittedly by the NVC podcasters, so maybe some bias there). That might be another good place to try.

This... I would die if it happened to me, and in that spirit, I will help you get them back. I happen to have a spare ruby card to get the starters, and everything you need for transferring them all the way. What IGN should I chose for each starter and should they have a nickname? As for the other three, I don't have time to play through an entire game to get them right now, so they will be caught on my sapphire version. I won't be home until next Friday though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)