My XY OU Team

This is a team I have been using lately and I've found it to be quite successful. Without further ado here it is:

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake

This is the Mega of the team and the main reason this team came about. Though this is the one pokemon I've found to be least successful. Return is the main move of choice as aerilate makes it a strong flying type STAB move that few Pokemon resist. The other moves don't see a lot of use though I do use them in the case that the opposing Pokemon resists flying.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Roar
- Earth Power

Heatran is the glue of this team, it adds a nice touch to the team and along with Amoonguss and Hippowdon creates a strong defensive core that is no slouch offensively. The moves are quite self-explanatory. Though Heatran has a 4x weakness to ground moves and I have no sure counter to Garchomp It is still very useful though its lack of recovery has left me wanting many times.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb

Amoonguss is incredible, access to a 100% accurate sleep-inducing move in spore, regenerator and 114/70/80 defences make him a great pivot. Giga Drain and Hidden Power Fire are useful to finishing off weakened Pokemon and Stun Spore is another great status move capable of crippling Pokemon especially those who rely on speed. Very few moves are able to OHKO him which makes him a safe Pokemon to switch in against almost any threat.

Bisharp @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Bisharp is the ultimate revenge killer, sucker punch coming off 125 base attack hurts many Pokemon. His ability defiant essentially gives him a free swords dance if his stats are lowered which galvantula think twice before using sticky web. Iron head is there for other priority users and is a quite a powerful STAB coverage move. If you can get a substitute up he is very hard to take down as he gets a free swords dance while they break your sub. I am considering changing lefties to Life orb for extra power as the extra hp gained each turn isn't significant to make a difference of Bisharp.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn

This is my main sweeper, rock polish fixes up his middling speed and Edgequake coming off its huge 145 base attack puts a dent into everything that doesn't resist it. U-turn is useful in these cases to switch into a better option with tempo. Landorus-T also is immune to ground-type attacks which is nice as many of my Pokemon suffer from a ground weakness.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 Def / 252 HP / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Fang

Hippowdon is a very good mixed wall and adds to the core of Amoonguss and Heatran. Stealth Rock is useful for keeping Pokemon like Volcarona, Talonflame and Mega-Zard under check who I would otherwise have problems with. Earthquake is the main STAB move and Ice Fang deals with pokemon like Garchomp and Gliscor. Slack Off aids to his longevity greatly recovering up to half of his health.

Thank you for reading this please leaving a review, especially if you have any alternatives to Mega-Pinsir that would tie in better with the team. All feedback is greatly appreciated.

Cheers Aslan

Last edited:

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is a team I have been using lately and I've found it to be quite successful. Without further ado here it is:

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake

This is the Mega of the team and the main reason this team came about. Though this is the one pokemon I've found to be least successful. Return is the main move of choice as aerilate makes it a strong flying type STAB move that few Pokemon resist. The other moves don't see a lot of use though I do use them in the case that the opposing Pokemon resists flying.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Roar
- Will-O-Wisp

Heatran is the glue of this team, it adds a nice touch to the team and along with Amoonguss and Hippowdon creates a strong defensive core that is no slouch offensively. The moves are quite self-explanatory. Though Heatran has a 4x weakness to ground moves and I have no sure counter to Garchomp It is still very useful though its lack of recovery has left me wanting many times.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stun Spore

Amoonguss is incredible, access to a 100% accurate sleep-inducing move in spore, regenerator and 114/70/80 defences make him a great pivot. Giga Drain and Hidden Power Fire are useful to finishing off weakened Pokemon and Stun Spore is another great status move capable of crippling Pokemon especially those who rely on speed. Very few moves are able to OHKO him which makes him a safe Pokemon to switch in against almost any threat.

Bisharp @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Bisharp is the ultimate revenge killer, sucker punch coming off 125 base attack hurts many Pokemon. His ability defiant essentially gives him a free swords dance if his stats are lowered which galvantula think twice before using sticky web. Iron head is there for other priority users and is a quite a powerful STAB coverage move. If you can get a substitute up he is very hard to take down as he gets a free swords dance while they break your sub. I am considering changing lefties to Life orb for extra power as the extra hp gained each turn isn't significant to make a difference of Bisharp.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn

This is my main sweeper, rock polish fixes up his middling speed and Edgequake coming off its huge 145 base attack puts a dent into everything that doesn't resist it. U-turn is useful in these cases to switch into a better option with tempo. Landorus-T also is immune to ground-type attacks which is nice as many of my Pokemon suffer from a ground weakness.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 Def / 252 HP / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Fang

Hippowdon is a very good mixed wall and adds to the core of Amoonguss and Heatran. Stealth Rock is useful for keeping Pokemon like Volcarona, Talonflame and Mega-Zard under check who I would otherwise have problems with. Earthquake is the main STAB move and Ice Fang deals with pokemon like Garchomp and Gliscor. Slack Off aids to his longevity greatly recovering up to half of his health.

Thank you for reading this please leaving a review, especially if you have any alternatives to Mega-Pinsir that would tie in better with the team. All feedback is greatly appreciated.

Cheers Aslan
Sludge Bomb over Stun Spore on Amoonguss really. It would be nice to have that STAB Poison move while also having a chance to get a Poison on your opponents. On the Heatran, no point of Will-O-Wisp AND Lava Plume. Take off W-O-W and replace it with either Stealth rock(May not be useful because you have Hippowdon already) or Earth Power so you aren't being walled by Flash fire Fire types or potential Pokemon that can come in and set up/OHKO you without you wanting to take the risk of Roar'ing or over predicting the Protect. An example may be Infernape which can come in and you can predict that and hit it hard with a Earth Power before switching out.

Sludge Bomb over Stun Spore on Amoonguss really. It would be nice to have that STAB Poison move while also having a chance to get a Poison on your opponents. On the Heatran, no point of Will-O-Wisp AND Lava Plume. Take off W-O-W and replace it with either Stealth rock(May not be useful because you have Hippowdon already) or Earth Power so you aren't being walled by Flash fire Fire types or potential Pokemon that can come in and set up/OHKO you without you wanting to take the risk of Roar'ing or over predicting the Protect. An example may be Infernape which can come in and you can predict that and hit it hard with a Earth Power before switching out.
Thanks for the feedback, I have added both those changes and am testing them now both seem to be improvememts

For Bisharp I would suggest running a black glasses set with knock off over substitute. Knock off is great because you don't have to rely on a dark STAB that is risky and that can backfire.

Bisharp @BlackGlasses
252 atk / 252 spe / 4 hp
Nature: Adamant
-Sucker Punch
-Knock Off
-Iron Head
-Swords Dance

For Pinsir X-Scissor and CC are pretty much useless because Return (with aerilate boost) and EQ hit pretty much the entire tier hard. Furthermore with Pisnir-Mega being pretty bulky its able to set up on many switches or pokemon which is why you may want to run Swords Dance. Also Pinsir gets blessed with the move quick attack. After Aerilate quick attack has roughly around 75 base power and its priority. So this is what you want to try:

Pisnir @Pinsirite
252 atk / 252 spe / 4 def
Nature: Jolly
-Return
-Quick Attack
-Earthquake
-Swords Dance

epikkyogre78

Banned deucer.
• For Bisharp I suggest using Dread Plate to increase the power of Knock Off and Sucker Punch, otherwise the set is fine.

• For Pinsir I agree with Dododoggy, change the set accordingly.

• Replace Will-o-Wisp on Heatran for either Stealth Rock or Toxic, since you already have Lava Plume to burn stuff. Stealth Rock allows you to replace Hippowdon with another wall or wallbreaker to help out the team, and Toxic allows you to take advantage of your rather defensive team and do some stalling.

• Amoonguss is great, but as said in an earlier post, replace Stun Spire with Sludge Bomb to take advantage of max SpA more.

• Replace Landorus-T with Talonflame. This gives you a Pokemon to sweep late-game with its amazing power and speed. It also gives you a great revenge-killer that can take down almost anything with PRIORITY BRAVE BIRD.

• Hippowdon should be replaced by some sort of wallbreaker; Kyurem-Black deals nicely with Rotom-W, but Breloom deals with almost all of Talonflame's counters: Rotom-W, Rhyperior, TTar, Donphan, you name it. It's also very useful in general, being able to Spore stuff and proceed to Focus Punch/Bullet Seed. Here is the set I recommend:

Breloom @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch

Hope I helped!! :D

For Bisharp I would suggest running a black glasses set with knock off over substitute. Knock off is great because you don't have to rely on a dark STAB that is risky and that can backfire.

Bisharp @BlackGlasses
252 atk / 252 spe / 4 hp
Nature: Adamant
-Sucker Punch
-Knock Off
-Iron Head
-Swords Dance

For Pinsir X-Scissor and CC are pretty much useless because Return (with aerilate boost) and EQ hit pretty much the entire tier hard. Furthermore with Pisnir-Mega being pretty bulky its able to set up on many switches or pokemon which is why you may want to run Swords Dance. Also Pinsir gets blessed with the move quick attack. After Aerilate quick attack has roughly around 75 base power and its priority. So this is what you want to try:

Pisnir @Pinsirite
252 atk / 252 spe / 4 def
Nature: Jolly
-Return
-Quick Attack
-Earthquake
-Swords Dance
Swords dance and quick attack on Pinsir is a great idea thanks for that. I am not changing Bisharp though as I can usually get a sub up and an easy boost or two

• For Bisharp I suggest using Dread Plate to increase the power of Knock Off and Sucker Punch, otherwise the set is fine.

• For Pinsir I agree with Dododoggy, change the set accordingly.

• Replace Will-o-Wisp on Heatran for either Stealth Rock or Toxic, since you already have Lava Plume to burn stuff. Stealth Rock allows you to replace Hippowdon with another wall or wallbreaker to help out the team, and Toxic allows you to take advantage of your rather defensive team and do some stalling.

• Amoonguss is great, but as said in an earlier post, replace Stun Spire with Sludge Bomb to take advantage of max SpA more.

• Replace Landorus-T with Talonflame. This gives you a Pokemon to sweep late-game with its amazing power and speed. It also gives you a great revenge-killer that can take down almost anything with PRIORITY BRAVE BIRD.

• Hippowdon should be replaced by some sort of wallbreaker; Kyurem-Black deals nicely with Rotom-W, but Breloom deals with almost all of Talonflame's counters: Rotom-W, Rhyperior, TTar, Donphan, you name it. It's also very useful in general, being able to Spore stuff and proceed to Focus Punch/Bullet Seed. Here is the set I recommend:

Breloom @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch

Hope I helped!! :D
For the same reason as above I will not be changing Bisharp but have changer Pinsir, Will-o-Wisp is now earth power but I will experiment with toxic. I have replaced stun spore with sludge bomb on amoonguss as well. I will test Talonflame but I don't think Breeloom is a good idea as it makes my team very weak to fire-type attacks. I will consider using Kyurem-Black though

Thanks for your feedback guys

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Swords dance and quick attack on Pinsir is a great idea thanks for that. I am not changing Bisharp though as I can usually get a sub up and an easy boost or two

For the same reason as above I will not be changing Bisharp but have changer Pinsir, Will-o-Wisp is now earth power but I will experiment with toxic. I have replaced stun spore with sludge bomb on amoonguss as well. I will test Talonflame but I don't think Breeloom is a good idea as it makes my team very weak to fire-type attacks. I will consider using Kyurem-Black though

Thanks for your feedback guys
No problem! I don't think there is really a problem with Bisharp. I use the same sort of set and usually come in against a wall that can't touch it. I sub when a wall sometimes trys to status me in some sort of way and then SD when they switch out. That why I'm at +2 behind a sub with priority STAB Sucker Punch as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)