Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kommo-o Sun
:ss/torkoal: :ss/corviknight: :ss/houndoom-mega: :ss/kommo-o: :ss/clefable: :ss/venusaur:
https://pokepast.es/8b6f0ed4ed5b3030
torkoal- standard sun setter torkoal with yawn, rapid spin, and rocks
corv- max sp def bulk up and taunt. serves as the primary specially defensive wall
houndoom- standard np mega houndoom. hits stupid hard in the sun
kommo- double clanger offensive kommo. serves as the primary physical attacker
clef- clefable is really the staple of this team. wish passing supports basically everything, and thunder wave is used to cripple faster mons like torn-t and gren
venusaur- standard growth life orb chlorophyll venu

Earth power on venu over sludge bomb is definitely worth considering because this team kind of gets dumpstered by heatran.
Thanks to Nutty and the national dex discord for the help

Clangorous Soulblaze Kommo-O

kommo-o.gif
hippowdon.gif
tyranitar-mega.gif
clefable.gif
volcanion.gif
rillaboom.gif

https://pokepast.es/a7ae050a10655fcf
Kommo-O OHKOs most dragons after clangorous soulblaze, but a lot scarfed dragons outspeed and OHKO it so you have to be careful about that. It beats most psychic types in 1v1s by 2HKOing them, the only psychic that can tank it is Deoxys-Defence, but it can't do much damage to Kommo-o and it dies in 3 hits. Deals with fairies decently well, however, Mimikyu can take ~3 hits from it because of disguise, so you'd have to bust mimikyus disguise before bringing it out. Clefable tanks a hit and then has an ~80% OHKO against Kommo-o. OHKOS all tapus except Tapu Fini. Some mons require stealth rocks to be OHKOed, but Hippowdon should help with that. OHKOs most ice types with close combat. Has trouble with flying types because of no coverage for them. Overall a good mon, has to be careful about a lot of fairies though.

Hippowdon serves as a rocker and the primary defensive wall, helps cover some of the weaknesses such as poison for clefairy, rock and electric for volcanion, also just tanks physical attacks well and has few weaknesses which are covered by other pokemon in this team.

Mega Tyranitar is a good physical attacker and with the help of Dragon Dance can set up and sweep, also can possibly take some hits, however due to its many weaknesses probably shouldn't be switched in to tank for other mons.

Clefable is a good special wall and a good support mon overall, as it can wish teleport to heal lower hp mons as they can have a higher chance to set up again and sweep.

Volcanion takes multiple hits for other mons due to its useful resistances such as fire for rillaboom, ice for hippowdon, kommo-o and rillaboom, steel for diancie and clefable, and water for hippowdon and diancie because of Water Absorb.

Rillaboom is very powerful because of the DLC which gave it its hidden ability, grassy seed helps with its defense stat, which can help it set up swords dance and due to it being able to learn Acrobatics, it can easily deal with other grass types such as Mega Venusaur, etc. It can also help take hits for hippowdon and diancie due to its grass resistance and also help volcanion and diancie with ground types.

Last edited:
SpDef Kommo-o + Demon Mew and Friends

https://pokepast.es/8cea2aff67e4f918

:ss/Kommo-o: :ss/Mew: :ss/Gengar: :ss/Slowbro-Mega: :ss/Weavile: :ss/Corviknight:

This team wasn't originally built with kommo-o in mind, but it just happened to be a really solid defensive backbone for the team. I really liked this one because it was a different spin from the typical balance/BO teams I normally build, and it turned out alright in the end despite not using many top tier pokemon.

:Mew: -> Demon mew. The idea is to set up a bunch of cosmic powers and to become almost untouchable and sweep with stored power and body press. There's enough speed to creep modest heatran and most fini so they can't prevent sweeps with taunt.
:Slowbro-Mega: -> Double dance. Rest over slack off to beat toxic users that mew would lose to, such as chansey and alomomola. 56 bold hits a breakpoint for defense. I'm mainly running iron defense over psyshock as I'll have a more consistent way to sweep. For example, although probably not a good idea, this set can beat scarf kartana 1v1 with iron defense (taking 50-59% unboosted). Even though having psyshock may be useful against pokemon such as toxapex and gastrodon, I prefer if mew and slowbro specialize in their way of sweeping so I have more options against any team than if I aggregate their roles together.
:Gengar: -> Nasty plot + Z. Not too useful in many cases of the time because it has almost no defensive utility and can be easily revenge killed, but this was a mon that i wanted to build around as well. Since stall has some of the best answers to demon mew and m-bro, such as m-sab and unaware clef, I really needed a solution to these matchups, and gengar fits the bill.
:Weavile: -> Choice band. Pretty standard set. Pursuit is very useful in order to guarantee that certain pokemon will be weakened or eliminated so that they can no longer check one of the aforementioned pokemon which can be vital to my gameplan. It could help break or weaken pokemon like gastrodon or fini that might carry clear smog/haze, and eliminate weakened regenerator pokemon like torn-t and toxapex which can be very annoying with taunt or haze/toxic.
:Corviknight: -> Defensive pivot. The team still needed a steel, an earthquake switch-in, and a defogger. Corviknight fit all these criteria and seemed like the best fit here, doubling as a mmeta check. I'm mainly running iron head over body press so I have a better way of dealing with pokemon like tapu lele, m-zam, torn-t, clef, and pult that won't take that much damage from body press, while I really only miss the coverage against ferrothorn and bisharp.
:Kommo-o: -> Spdef with SR. Not the star of the show, but it rounds out the team together very nicely. This includes a way to set up rocks, a check to many popular fire types including rotom-h, heatran, and volcarona, and a consistent ash-gren switch-in (especially important since mew, gengar, and m-bro gets dunked pretty hard by ash-gren).

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
It’s time to vote! The submissions this time are....

Team A by Funbot28
:kommo-o: :slowbro: :tornadus-therian: :metagross-mega: :hydreigon: :rotom-heat:
Hi so this was my attempt on building a non-offensive Kommo-o squad since I usually only run it on HO (which is bad rn don't recommend). Anyways the purpose of this team is pretty straightforward. Get hazards up, status stuff down with the defensive pivots and wreck house with the combo of Mega Gross + Z-Torn and clean with Scarf Hydreigon in the endgame. I like the defensive core of SpD Kommo-o and Slowbro specifically as they can cover a lot of offensive threats to a certain extent, where Heatrom provides insurance against Galar Darm and opposing Tornadus-T (altho ofc be wary of Knock Off). I think the rest of the team is pretty straightforward so ye, don't run into pex tho (a reason why I have Discharge > Volt Switch on Heater). :psyglad:

Team B by NuttyRabbit
:kommo-o: :rotom-heat: :slowbro: :tornadus-therian: :kartana: :metagross-mega:
Starting off we have the Clanging Dragon itself, Kommo-o. I've opted to build around the defensive set as I find it checks a lot of very troublesome and prominent Pokemon in the metagame such as Rotom-Heat, Volcarona, Heatran, Serperior, Ash-Greninja, NP Hydreigon (Can even scout Scarf), and Tyranitar thanks to a decent defensive typing and solid bulk. In regards to moves, they're pretty simple, with Drain Punch being the STAB of choice to maximize Kommo-o's longevity (since it lacks reliable recovery, though Body Press is also an option for raw power), Stealth Rock to get up hazards, Toxic to cripple switchins like Torn and Slowbro, and Protect to scout, get back additional HP, and stall with Toxic damage. You can also run options like Earthquake to catch Ghosts like Aegislash and Gengar if you wish. The EV spread is one given to me by Chazm that gives Kommo-o enough speed to outspeed base 60s while maximizing its special bulk.

Next up we have Rotom-Heat, who is one of the best pivots in the tier and also a potent wincon in its own right with Nasty Plot. The moves are pretty standard, with Overheat being the Fire STAB of choice, Volt Switch giving momentum, Nasty Plot turning it into a wincon, and Pain Split so it can stick around a while. The spread is one that lets it outspeed Gyarados while maximizing its physical bulk, letting it take on dangerous threats like Galarian Darm that much better.

After that is Slowbro, another great pivot that serves as the bulky Water of my team and the final member of the defensive core made up of it, Kommo-o, and Slowbro. Slowbro is Slowbro, checking many dangerous metagame threats like Garchomp, Gliscor, Mega Metagross, and Galarian Darmanitan. The moves and spread are pretty standard, not much else to say

Following that is Tornadus-Therian, the single best pivot in the tier and defogger of choice. I've elected to give it a Z-move since offensive Torn is extremely potent in this meta and I couldn't fit it elsewhere. The moves and spread are pretty standard, letting it hit as hard as possible while abusing that amazing speed tier. I've opted to go Heat Wave> Knock to improve the Metagross and Aegislash matchups, though Knock can be slotted back on if you wish.

Next up is Kartana, who is the team's 2nd wincon and revenge killer of choice thanks to its ability to outspeed both Scarf Hydreigon and Scarf Darmanitan while also abusing the prominence of Tapu Fini in the metagame. It greatly appreciates Rotom and Torn's ability to remove its common checks and can easily steamroll teams after they are gone. It doesn't appreciate the confluence of other Torns but again, Rotom and Torn can deal with those. Set and spread are pretty standard

Last up is the undisputed best Pokemon in the metagame, Mega Metagross, the team's final wincon and piece of the offensive core. The set and spread are pretty standard, though I did labor over that final move for quite a bit, and ultimately I came to the conclusion that Earthquake is the best final move here, as it deals well with Heatran. Ferrothorn is covered by Rotom, Torn, and Kommo-o so no need for Hammer Arm, Slowbro is covered by Rotom and Torn, so no need for Toxic, and Darmanitan is covered by Rotom, Slowbro, and Kartana, so no need for Bullet Punch (though Bullet Punch is the 2nd best option here imo).

Team C by TFCP
:excadrill: :kommo-o: :metagross-mega: :gyarados: :tapu-koko: :hawlucha:

Kommo-o: the team is based on him

Excadrill: classic suicide lead

MegaGross: good synergy with kommo, trap psychics with pursuit

Gyarados: Flyinium Z for grass-types (like tang)

Tapu Koko: screens, electric terrain for kommo, metagross and lucha

Hawlucha: classic sd cc brave bird

Team D by Ryuji-Sempai
:kommo-o: :greninja: :heatran: :toxapex: :tapu-bulu: :tornadus-therian:
So, like tyranitar, I was wondering of how I can make Kommo-O the star of the team, how can I make him shine. Because thanks to his great movepool, there is a lot of possibilities of how to play it. I've tried a lot of set, and finally, the DD + Z-move work a lot, as he surprise a lot, and he can beat a plentora of mons. This set only struggle to beat fairy type, so my first pick was an Expert Belt Gren, quite interesting to use. He can surprise Tapu Fini before protean is reveal, and Clefable after, because you can lure the scarf protean by just using U-Turn or setup spikes.
So, my game plan is to weaken the opponent with Stack Hazard and some good pivot. So, I needed a rock setter, and a T-Spikes one. Heatran and Pex where quite obvious. The SpD Tran is just nice to handle some threat like Tornadus Therian, and Pex is... Pex. This spread is a 7G spread, and I love it because it help checking Lopunny Mega and Scizor Mega, and also check Vish. I run Baneful Bunker to punish Vish and Lop, since he doesn't really need haze.
At that point, I chose to run Bulu SpD, as a first check to Ash gren, to force some SI by using SD, and also for Grassy Surge, which is juste awesome for my team. It help Pex to handle Darm-G, since it gave him an extra recovery and reduce Darm's EQ power. I also choose a Tornadus-T, as a defog, because Spikes are juste annoying for my team, and also as a pivot.

Team E by Wlkingcactus
:torkoal: :corviknight: :houndoom-mega: :kommo-o: :clefable: :venusaur:
torkoal- standard sun setter torkoal with yawn, rapid spin, and rocks
corv- max sp def bulk up and taunt. serves as the primary specially defensive wall
houndoom- standard np mega houndoom. hits stupid hard in the sun
kommo- double clanger offensive kommo. serves as the primary physical attacker
clef- clefable is really the staple of this team. wish passing supports basically everything, and thunder wave is used to cripple faster mons like torn-t and gren
venusaur- standard growth life orb chlorophyll venu

Team F by cukurinshh
:kommo-o: :hippowdon: :tyranitar-mega: :clefable: :volcanion: :rillaboom:
Kommo-O OHKOs most dragons after clangorous soulblaze, but a lot scarfed dragons outspeed and OHKO it so you have to be careful about that. It beats most psychic types in 1v1s by 2HKOing them, the only psychic that can tank it is Deoxys-Defence, but it can't do much damage to Kommo-o and it dies in 3 hits. Deals with fairies decently well, however, Mimikyu can take ~3 hits from it because of disguise, so you'd have to bust mimikyus disguise before bringing it out. Clefable tanks a hit and then has an ~80% OHKO against Kommo-o. OHKOS all tapus except Tapu Fini. Some mons require stealth rocks to be OHKOed, but Hippowdon should help with that. OHKOs most ice types with close combat. Has trouble with flying types because of no coverage for them. Overall a good mon, has to be careful about a lot of fairies though.

Hippowdon serves as a rocker and the primary defensive wall, helps cover some of the weaknesses such as poison for clefairy, rock and electric for volcanion, also just tanks physical attacks well and has few weaknesses which are covered by other pokemon in this team.

Mega Tyranitar is a good physical attacker and with the help of Dragon Dance can set up and sweep, also can possibly take some hits, however due to its many weaknesses probably shouldn't be switched in to tank for other mons.

Clefable is a good special wall and a good support mon overall, as it can wish teleport to heal lower hp mons as they can have a higher chance to set up again and sweep.

Volcanion takes multiple hits for other mons due to its useful resistances such as fire for rillaboom, ice for hippowdon, kommo-o and rillaboom, steel for diancie and clefable, and water for hippowdon and diancie because of Water Absorb.

Rillaboom is very powerful because of the DLC which gave it its hidden ability, grassy seed helps with its defense stat, which can help it set up swords dance and due to it being able to learn Acrobatics, it can easily deal with other grass types such as Mega Venusaur, etc. It can also help take hits for hippowdon and diancie due to its grass resistance and also help volcanion and diancie with ground types.

Team G by GBMetagross
:kommo-o: :mew: :gengar: :slowbro-mega: :weavile: :corviknight:
This team wasn't originally built with kommo-o in mind, but it just happened to be a really solid defensive backbone for the team. I really liked this one because it was a different spin from the typical balance/BO teams I normally build, and it turned out alright in the end despite not using many top tier pokemon.

:Mew: -> Demon mew. The idea is to set up a bunch of cosmic powers and to become almost untouchable and sweep with stored power and body press. There's enough speed to creep modest heatran and most fini so they can't prevent sweeps with taunt.
:Slowbro-Mega: -> Double dance. Rest over slack off to beat toxic users that mew would lose to, such as chansey and alomomola. 56 bold hits a breakpoint for defense. I'm mainly running iron defense over psyshock as I'll have a more consistent way to sweep. For example, although probably not a good idea, this set can beat scarf kartana 1v1 with iron defense (taking 50-59% unboosted). Even though having psyshock may be useful against pokemon such as toxapex and gastrodon, I prefer if mew and slowbro specialize in their way of sweeping so I have more options against any team than if I aggregate their roles together.
:Gengar: -> Nasty plot + Z. Not too useful in many cases of the time because it has almost no defensive utility and can be easily revenge killed, but this was a mon that i wanted to build around as well. Since stall has some of the best answers to demon mew and m-bro, such as m-sab and unaware clef, I really needed a solution to these matchups, and gengar fits the bill.
:Weavile: -> Choice band. Pretty standard set. Pursuit is very useful in order to guarantee that certain pokemon will be weakened or eliminated so that they can no longer check one of the aforementioned pokemon which can be vital to my gameplan. It could help break or weaken pokemon like gastrodon or fini that might carry clear smog/haze, and eliminate weakened regenerator pokemon like torn-t and toxapex which can be very annoying with taunt or haze/toxic.
:Corviknight: -> Defensive pivot. The team still needed a steel, an earthquake switch-in, and a defogger. Corviknight fit all these criteria and seemed like the best fit here, doubling as a mmeta check. I'm mainly running iron head over body press so I have a better way of dealing with pokemon like tapu lele, m-zam, torn-t, clef, and pult that won't take that much damage from body press, while I really only miss the coverage against ferrothorn and bisharp.
:Kommo-o: -> Spdef with SR. Not the star of the show, but it rounds out the team together very nicely. This includes a way to set up rocks, a check to many popular fire types including rotom-h, heatran, and volcarona, and a consistent ash-gren switch-in (especially important since mew, gengar, and m-bro gets dunked pretty hard by ash-gren).

Voting Phase: The voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). This format is arguably much fairer than the simple voting format and should help keep high stakes for the teams that win. So to vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). You cannot vote if you made a team. If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. If you have any questions about this system, by all means, contact me.

Voting will end on 6/8 at 11:59 PM GMT

Last edited:

NuttyRabbit

Banned deucer.
SD Aegislash Bulky Offense
:ss/Aegislash: :ss/Lopunny-Mega: :ss/Tangrowth: :ss/Tapu Fini: :ss/Rotom-Heat: :ss/Gliscor:
Click on the team above for the paste

Well this was certainly an interesting challenge, seeing as I've never actually built around Aegislash before. But I think I've come up with something that's pretty good

First up is Aegislash. I had a hard time figuring out what set I wanted to use, but in the end I decided to go with something simple and straightfoward, that being Swords Dance Ghostium, seeing as this set is great at breaking open fat cores. The moves are pretty self explanatory, with SD being the set up move, Shadow Claw being the source of Ghostium-Z and my STAB of choice, Sneak giving me priority to pick off weakened targets/faster Pokemon, and Close Combat to tear open the few Ghost immunities and resists in the tier. Originally I went with a bulkier spread, but I decided to throw that to the wind and go max speed max attack Adamant to hit as hard and fast as possible.

Following that, I decided to use Mega Lopunny next, seeing as it greatly appreciates Aegislash's ability to destroy stuff like Slowbro, Toxapex, and Tangrowth, as well as the fact that it provides excellent speed control for the team thanks to double priority and an incredible speed tier. Set and spread are pretty standard, though you can opt for stuff like Toxic or even Healing Wish in the last slot if you wish.

Up next is Tangrowth, the first member of my defensive core, and something that's here to check the ever-obnoxious and ever prevalent Mega Metagross, as well as other physical attackers including Kartana, Garchomp, Gliscor, and other Mega Lopunnies. Set and spread are self-explanatory here as well, though you can go for HP Fire>Ice if you really, really want to be ensured vs Kartana.

The next member of my defensive core and pairing well with Tangrowth is Tapu Fini, the team's primary answer to Galarian Darmanitan and Ash Greninja. It helps take care of the stuff that Tangrowth hates while just being really annoying with Taunt+STABs. Set and spread are pretty standard as well, and by this point you should be able to tell that this is a pretty standard team all things considered

After that is my tertiary wincon and 3rd member of my defensive core, Rotom-Heat, who not only checks the ever annoying Darm alongside Fini, but also blanket checks half the tier as well, including stuff like Magearna (Which is really good rn, use it), Gliscor (without Toxic), Tangrowth, Torn-T, Kartana, and Magnezone, all the while acting as a potent (and long lasting) wincon with Nasty Plot and Pain Split. The set itself is pretty standard, and the EVs let it outspeed Gyarados while maintaining as much physical bulk as possible

The final member of my team and rounding out the defensive core is Gliscor, who not only provides the team with rocks, but also provides a solid Heatran check, Toxapex check, and soft check to Mega Metagross. The set is pretty simple, with EQ being the STAB of choice, rocks being rocks, Roost giving it reliable recovery, and U-turn letting it gain momentum, though Toxic, Knock Off, and even Facade are also very viable options. The EVs allow it to outspeed all Heatrans while being guaranteed to live anything a Heatran can throw at it as well as always living a Mega Mawile's Play Rough into Sucker Punch

Sorry if the team description is a bit abrupt, but most of the Pokemon are ones that are pretty self explanatory. As a whole, I think the team is pretty solid, if a bit weird due to lacking a scarfer (Though Aegi+Lopunny priority can generally make up for that)

As always, thanks to the Natdex Discord, especially Chazm , sweet heat , and Solaros & Lunaris for helping me test and revise the team!

:ss/aegislash: :ss/hydreigon: :sm/lopunny-mega: :sm/tapu-fini: :sm/tangrowth: :sm/heatran:

I've had this team in my builder for a while so I thought that I'd just submit it.

Swords Dance Aegislash is a pretty interesting wallbreaker. 176 Speed is pretty standard and allows Aegislash to outspeed the likes of Adamant Mega Mawile and Azumarill. Mega Lopunny makes up for Aegislash's low speed and improves the team's matchup versus offense, demolishing the Ghost-type resists that Shadow Sneak is unable to pick off. This is followed up by a solid defensive core of Tapu Fini (which notably checks the tier's most prominent Ghost-type resist in Ash Greninja), Rocky Helmet Tangrowth and Heatran. The last Pokemon on this team is Choice Scarf Hydreigon, which has impressive synergy with Mega Lopunny.

Ryuji

LIFE'S FLASHING BEFORE YOUR EYES?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus
Aegislash Specs + NP Groundium Z Hydreigon Balanced

:ss/aegislash::ss/hydreigon::ss/slowbro mega::ss/tangrowth::ss/heatran::ss/landorus-therian:

So, for this build, I decided to use a great offensive core : Specs Aegi + Z Hydreigon. Aegi is capable of 2HKO a lot of mon on this metagame if he is lock on the good move, and also to handle all the check of Hydreigon, like Clefable, Tapu Fini, and Magearna. Hydreigon NP is actually another good Wallbreaker, and the Groundium Z is just awesome to beat some threat like Pex and also Mag.
My intention was to build a solid defensive core around, as Aegi just hit, KO and run, so I needed some bulky pivot. Slowbro Mega is actually awesome, as he can check almost all the physical attacker of the tier. With him, Growth was obvious. this regecore is really classic but work very well.
I finally chose another classic core, as I needed hazard support, and also a solid scarf. Heatran and Lando were then quite obvious, as my team as a bad MU against psychic type, even with Aegi, because he is actually quite frail. Landorus act as a RK, a cleaner and also a defoger, and Heatran as a SI to psychic type and hazard setter.

Last edited:

Sputnik

Bono My Tires are Deceased
is a Contributor Alumnus
Colbur Berry Aegislash Toxic Spikes
:ss/aegislash::ss/toxapex::ss/reuniclus::ss/scizor-mega::ss/mandibuzz::ss/garchomp:

Click the mons for the paste
Colbur Berry Aegislash is an interesting lure who's talents are appreciated by many a Toxic Spiking team. People who play the playstyle will know that Hydreigon is an annoyance for these teams. Colbur Aegislash lures it (and Ttar although that's less important) and disposes of them with Close Combat. The 4 Spdef EVs allow Aegislash to avoid the Dark Pulse OHKO from full in Blade form with Colbur Berry. Toxapex and Reuniclus are pretty standard, with Helmet on Reuni pushing more damage onto Mmeta and Cinderace. MSciz is another way of dealing with Mmeta, and it and Aegislash's priority are used to somewhat make up for the lack of a Scarfer. Mandibuzz checks a lot of prominent threats and can deal with DD Pult, and Garchomp acts as the rocker and a way to deal with Rotom-H

Aegislash Bulky Offense
:ss/aegislash: :ss/hydreigon: :ss/heatran: :ss/lopunny-mega: :ss/corviknight: :ss/gastrodon:
https://pokepast.es/17e3e2eef9f74f38
aegislash- standard sub-toxic
hydreigon- standard np groundium-z with dark pulse and roost
heatran- standard specially defensive with magma storm and taunt over plume and toxic to beat clef and demon mew
lopunny- standard mlop which serves as the primary speed control
corviknight- standard rocky helmet physically defensive set
gastrodon- standard specially defensive set with clear smog over eq
Thanks to GBMetagross and the national dex discord for the help

Shuca Aegi Bulky Offense
:aegislash: :landorus-therian: :amoonguss: :heatran: :rotom-wash: :tornadus-therian:
This is a simple Aegislash + Landorus-Therian bulky offense I used against Jho in the National Dex Spring Seasonal. This peculiar Aegislash is probably my favourite Aegislash right now as it fits nice and snugly on these sorts of teams as a compact Mega Metagross check as well as a lure to would be counters like Gliscor and Hippowdon. Scarf Landorus-Therian is used in tandem with Aegislash to be able to ease off pressure from Aegislash to check Steel-types and assists with Landorus-Therian and Garchomp matchups. Amoonguss is used on this team to provide an AshGren check but also punish certain matchups where Tangrowth would not be as useful, such as Serperior and Hydreigon matchups. Heatran is a Wisp set to help deal with Mega Sableye stall matchups, but it is very feasible to run Toxic on this set to improve the matchup against Hydreigon. Rotom-Wash is used on this team to compound a decent stallbreaker with a Galarian Darmanitan switchin, as not to put too much pressure on Heatran, Tornadus-Therian and Aegislash to predict the move picked. Tornadus-Therian glues the rest of this team together by providing a solid Defogger as well as improving Mega Lopunny and Ground-type matchups.
Threatlist:

Mega Lopunny: Mega Lopunny is a tough matchup for this team to deal with. There's not much that this team can do if it gets in for free, but playing around it and punishing its Fighting STAB is probably the best way to deal with it when coupled with Tornadus-Therian's capability to chip it. Offensive pressure with Heatran and Aegislash also works excellently to fix it up.

Hydreigon: This team can suffer pretty heavily from its coverage but Hydreigon doesn't have an easy time switching into this team so the best way to deal with it is again through offensive pressure.

Garchomp: This team has no true switchin to Dragonium Z Garchomp as Landorus-Therian will be worn down extremely quickly and Aegislash cannot take an Earthquake into another Earthquake. Using the less known Shuca Berry tech and luring it is probably the best way to deal with Garchomp.

Avery

Banned deucer.
MBro Aegi Balance
click here for paste

1591822854169.png
1591822868239.png
:bw/tangrowth: :bw/gliscor: :bw/heatran: :bw/garchomp:

initially, this team was built around using M-Bro as a wincon, and since Bro was the bulky water of choice I wanted to have means of spreading Toxic to pokemon that Bro couldn't overwhelm without being left crippled. I would have gone Toxapex, but two bulky waters is not very optimal, so I chose to spread poison with SubTox Aegi and Toxic Gliscor. Heatran can trap and remove Toxapex and Chansey, two Pokemon that would otherwise be able to cripple M-Bro. Tang checks AshGren, and Bro checks Ungabunga and Metagross. The spread on MBro was created purely because of ladder antics, as it allows you to take 2 CB Vish Rends, granted you mega evolve on the second one. You also outspeed Pex, which can be useful if Pex is trying to Haze you and Heatran is too low to deal with Pex. Chomp was the rocker of choice since it let me pressure Rotom H and Offenzive Volc, which the team would otherwise struggle with.

Solaros & Lunaris

is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Time for submissions is up! The teams we have are.....

Team A by NuttyRabbit
:aegislash: :lopunny-mega: :tangrowth: :tapu-fini: :rotom-heat: :gliscor:
First up is Aegislash. I had a hard time figuring out what set I wanted to use, but in the end I decided to go with something simple and straightfoward, that being Swords Dance Ghostium, seeing as this set is great at breaking open fat cores. The moves are pretty self explanatory, with SD being the set up move, Shadow Claw being the source of Ghostium-Z and my STAB of choice, Sneak giving me priority to pick off weakened targets/faster Pokemon, and Close Combat to tear open the few Ghost immunities and resists in the tier. Originally I went with a bulkier spread, but I decided to throw that to the wind and go max speed max attack Adamant to hit as hard and fast as possible.

Following that, I decided to use Mega Lopunny next, seeing as it greatly appreciates Aegislash's ability to destroy stuff like Slowbro, Toxapex, and Tangrowth, as well as the fact that it provides excellent speed control for the team thanks to double priority and an incredible speed tier. Set and spread are pretty standard, though you can opt for stuff like Toxic or even Healing Wish in the last slot if you wish.

Up next is Tangrowth, the first member of my defensive core, and something that's here to check the ever-obnoxious and ever prevalent Mega Metagross, as well as other physical attackers including Kartana, Garchomp, Gliscor, and other Mega Lopunnies. Set and spread are self-explanatory here as well, though you can go for HP Fire>Ice if you really, really want to be ensured vs Kartana.

The next member of my defensive core and pairing well with Tangrowth is Tapu Fini, the team's primary answer to Galarian Darmanitan and Ash Greninja. It helps take care of the stuff that Tangrowth hates while just being really annoying with Taunt+STABs. Set and spread are pretty standard as well, and by this point you should be able to tell that this is a pretty standard team all things considered

After that is my tertiary wincon and 3rd member of my defensive core, Rotom-Heat, who not only checks the ever annoying Darm alongside Fini, but also blanket checks half the tier as well, including stuff like Magearna (Which is really good rn, use it), Gliscor (without Toxic), Tangrowth, Torn-T, Kartana, and Magnezone, all the while acting as a potent (and long lasting) wincon with Nasty Plot and Pain Split. The set itself is pretty standard, and the EVs let it outspeed Gyarados while maintaining as much physical bulk as possible

The final member of my team and rounding out the defensive core is Gliscor, who not only provides the team with rocks, but also provides a solid Heatran check, Toxapex check, and soft check to Mega Metagross. The set is pretty simple, with EQ being the STAB of choice, rocks being rocks, Roost giving it reliable recovery, and U-turn letting it gain momentum, though Toxic, Knock Off, and even Facade are also very viable options. The EVs allow it to outspeed all Heatrans while being guaranteed to live anything a Heatran can throw at it as well as always living a Mega Mawile's Play Rough into Sucker Punch

Team B by WrathoftheLeopard
:aegislash: :hydreigon: :lopunny-mega: :tapu-fini: :tangrowth: :heatran:
Swords Dance Aegislash is a pretty interesting wallbreaker. 176 Speed is pretty standard and allows Aegislash to outspeed the likes of Adamant Mega Mawile and Azumarill. Mega Lopunny makes up for Aegislash's low speed and improves the team's matchup versus offense, demolishing the Ghost-type resists that Shadow Sneak is unable to pick off. This is followed up by a solid defensive core of Tapu Fini (which notably checks the tier's most prominent Ghost-type resist in Ash Greninja), Rocky Helmet Tangrowth and Heatran. The last Pokemon on this team is Choice Scarf Hydreigon, which has impressive synergy with Mega Lopunny.

Team C by Ryuji-Sempai
:aegislash: :hydreigon: :slowbro-mega: :tangrowth: :heatran: :landorus-therian:
So, for this build, I decided to use a great offensive core : Specs Aegi + Z Hydreigon. Aegi is capable of 2HKO a lot of mon on this metagame if he is lock on the good move, and also to handle all the check of Hydreigon, like Clefable, Tapu Fini, and Magearna. Hydreigon NP is actually another good Wallbreaker, and the Groundium Z is just awesome to beat some threat like Pex and also Mag.
My intention was to build a solid defensive core around, as Aegi just hit, KO and run, so I needed some bulky pivot. Slowbro Mega is actually awesome, as he can check almost all the physical attacker of the tier. With him, Growth was obvious. this regecore is really classic but work very well.
I finally chose another classic core, as I needed hazard support, and also a solid scarf. Heatran and Lando were then quite obvious, as my team as a bad MU against psychic type, even with Aegi, because he is actually quite frail. Landorus act as a RK, a cleaner and also a defoger, and Heatran as a SI to psychic type and hazard setter.

Team D by SputnikGT
:aegislash: :reuniclus: :toxapex: :mandibuzz: :scizor-mega: :garchomp:
Colbur Berry Aegislash is an interesting lure who's talents are appreciated by many a Toxic Spiking team. People who play the playstyle will know that Hydreigon is an annoyance for these teams. Colbur Aegislash lures it (and Ttar although that's less important) and disposes of them with Close Combat. The 4 Spdef EVs allow Aegislash to avoid the Dark Pulse OHKO from full in Blade form with Colbur Berry. Toxapex and Reuniclus are pretty standard, with Helmet on Reuni pushing more damage onto Mmeta and Cinderace. MSciz is another way of dealing with Mmeta, and it and Aegislash's priority are used to somewhat make up for the lack of a Scarfer. Mandibuzz checks a lot of prominent threats and can deal with DD Pult, and Garchomp acts as the rocker and a way to deal with Rotom-H

Team E by Wlkingcactus
:aegislash: :hydreigon: :heatran: :lopunny-mega: :corviknight: :gastrodon:
aegislash- standard sub-toxic
hydreigon- standard np groundium-z with dark pulse and roost
heatran- standard specially defensive with magma storm and taunt over plume and toxic to beat clef and demon mew
lopunny- standard mlop which serves as the primary speed control
corviknight- standard rocky helmet physically defensive set
gastrodon- standard specially defensive set with clear smog over eq

Team F by Chazm
:aegislash: :landorus-therian: :amoonguss: :heatran: :rotom-wash: :tornadus-therian:
This is a simple Aegislash + Landorus-Therian bulky offense I used against Jho in the National Dex Spring Seasonal. This peculiar Aegislash is probably my favourite Aegislash right now as it fits nice and snugly on these sorts of teams as a compact Mega Metagross check as well as a lure to would be counters like Gliscor and Hippowdon. Scarf Landorus-Therian is used in tandem with Aegislash to be able to ease off pressure from Aegislash to check Steel-types and assists with Landorus-Therian and Garchomp matchups. Amoonguss is used on this team to provide an AshGren check but also punish certain matchups where Tangrowth would not be as useful, such as Serperior and Hydreigon matchups. Heatran is a Wisp set to help deal with Mega Sableye stall matchups, but it is very feasible to run Toxic on this set to improve the matchup against Hydreigon. Rotom-Wash is used on this team to compound a decent stallbreaker with a Galarian Darmanitan switchin, as not to put too much pressure on Heatran, Tornadus-Therian and Aegislash to predict the move picked. Tornadus-Therian glues the rest of this team together by providing a solid Defogger as well as improving Mega Lopunny and Ground-type matchups.
Threatlist:

Mega Lopunny: Mega Lopunny is a tough matchup for this team to deal with. There's not much that this team can do if it gets in for free, but playing around it and punishing its Fighting STAB is probably the best way to deal with it when coupled with Tornadus-Therian's capability to chip it. Offensive pressure with Heatran and Aegislash also works excellently to fix it up.

Hydreigon: This team can suffer pretty heavily from its coverage but Hydreigon doesn't have an easy time switching into this team so the best way to deal with it is again through offensive pressure.

Garchomp: This team has no true switchin to Dragonium Z Garchomp as Landorus-Therian will be worn down extremely quickly and Aegislash cannot take an Earthquake into another Earthquake. Using the less known Shuca Berry tech and luring it is probably the best way to deal with Garchomp.

Team G by sweet heat
:slowbro-mega: :aegislash: :tangrowth: :gliscor: :heatran: :garchomp:
initially, this team was built around using M-Bro as a wincon, and since Bro was the bulky water of choice I wanted to have means of spreading Toxic to pokemon that Bro couldn't overwhelm without being left crippled. I would have gone Toxapex, but two bulky waters is not very optimal, so I chose to spread poison with SubTox Aegi and Toxic Gliscor. Heatran can trap and remove Toxapex and Chansey, two Pokemon that would otherwise be able to cripple M-Bro. Tang checks AshGren, and Bro checks Ungabunga and Metagross. The spread on MBro was created purely because of ladder antics, as it allows you to take 2 CB Vish Rends, granted you mega evolve on the second one. You also outspeed Pex, which can be useful if Pex is trying to Haze you and Heatran is too low to deal with Pex. Chomp was the rocker of choice since it let me pressure Rotom H and Offenzive Volc, which the team would otherwise struggle with.

Voting Phase: The voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). This format is arguably much fairer than the simple voting format and should help keep high stakes for the teams that win. So to vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). You cannot vote if you made a team. If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. If you have any questions about this system, by all means, contact me.

Voting will end on 6/15 at 10:59 PM GMT

Solaros & Lunaris

And the winner is Chazm! Your team will be added to the Hall of Fame.

D>B>G>A>F>C>E
F>G>B>D>E>C>A
F>G>C>D>A>B>E

Before we move onto the next cycle, I would like to wait a week for the initial wave of the DLC release. Once thats done, we will resume as normal.​

Last edited:

Solaros & Lunaris

And we are back! Out next Pokemon is......

Cycle 14: Terrakion

:ss/terrakion:

Before the DLC dropped, Terrakion was a decently threatening albeit overlooked Pokemon that could wallbreak with Choice Band (who speared Slowbro and Tangrowth with Megahorn) or SD w/ Rockium Z, the latter being a capable Stealth Rock setter. With Single Strike Urshifu now around, can you build with this somewhat forgotten Pokemon?

Submissions are due by 6/27 at 11:59 PM​

NuttyRabbit

Banned deucer.
BANDED TERRAKION BULKY OFFENSE

:ss/Terrakion: :ss/Heatran: :ss/Slowbro: :ss/Tangrowth: :ss/Gliscor: :ss/Hydreigon:
Click on the team for the paste

I built this team a while ago. It's probably not great but the other teams I tried are worse so what can you do?

Terrakion is Banded because Banded is the best set. It hits stupid hard and can break a lot of cores after some chip and with some prediction.

Tran gives rocks and the Grassium Z set lets me trap and kill stuff like Pex, Clef, and Tang which stop Terrak from breaking.

Slowbro is my check to Mega Lopunny, Darm, and Metagross and it also gives me momentum with Teleport so I can go into Tran or Terrak easier.

Tangrowth is my dedicated check to Ash-Greninja and it pairs well with Slowbro, taking on Electrics and Grasses that it hates.

Gliscor is my defogger because it beats Tran and checks Rotoms. It can also soft check Meta and throw out Toxics on the bear. I don't even know what the EVs do but they're good so I keep them

Finally, Hydreigon provides speed control and a secondary check to stuff like Ash-Gren, Darm, Mega Metagross, and the stupid fucking bear. Evs let it take on Gren and Kartana better.

Team's pretty aight overall, loses to the bear and Volc. Shoutouts to Solaros & Lunaris and sweet heat for helping me build and test both versions, though I ultimately went with the original because it's not completely terrible

Last edited:
TERRAK GANG TERRAK GANG OFFENSE
:ss/terrakion: :ss/alakazam: :ss/magearna: :ss/tangrowth: :ss/hydreigon: :ss/rotom-wash:

So last time I enter in one of these I did very well and was winning until it got snaked last second by some dude who put it in last place for purpose of putting his team on top but I don't wanna get into that. So CB Terrak switches are,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, alright and the pokemon that Terrak beats is a lot. I paired it with Zam cause Terrak fucks Chansey and Magearna up. I added HS Mag and Tang as a lazy defensive core. Hydreigon and Rotom-W basically cover the rest of metagame. I was originally using Specs Wash but holy fuck does Darm fuck it up so I made it defensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)