Tournament National Dex Ladder Grind I - Discord Nitro Prize to those who qualify; $75 USD for the winner! [Won by Weaselfie]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

art by femboy (and vandalized by me)
National Dex Ladder Grind
Welcome to the National Dex Ladder Grind! The rules are pretty simple when it comes to competing; every week you try to ladder as high as you can on a new account, and the top 8 placers each week make it into playoffs. However, unlike standard ladder tournaments, there is only 1 week for 8 qualifiers to get in! Of course, this will lead to a 8-man, best of 3, seeded, single elimination playoffs. The primary seeding factor will be highest ELO achieved. If I qualify week 1 with an ELO of 1750 but Nashrock qualifies with an ELO of 1800, Nashrock is still seeded higher. Friendly reminder that you have one week to qualify in this tournament!

And unlike your standard ladder tournaments, there are prizes that will be rewarded to those who qualify, and the one who wins the entire tournament. They are listed below:

Prizes
Discord Nitro (1 month) - Top 8 who qualify
$75 USD - Winner of the playoffs

One of the providers of these prizes would prefer to remain anonymous; but do know that they will come through with them. However, Kyo, is funding $50 into the tour winner’s prize, so shoutout to him!

Tour Rules

• This will take place on the regular "National Dex" ladder on the main Pokemon Showdown server.
  • The qualification period for the NDLG will run for 1 week. After it ends, the top 8 accounts that appear on the leaderboard (using ELO) will qualify for the playoffs of the NDLG to compete.
  • Your account must contain a specific tag as a prefix to mark it as an NDLG tag. The prefixes will be random as an extra step to prevent people from guessing what next week's will be and laddering early.
  • In order to sign up, follow the Sign-Up format below and register your account on PS!
  • Anyone caught cheating in any way will be subject to punishment.

Template:
Code:
Forum name:
Alt account:
Did you read this whole post?:
Sample:
Code:
Forum name: hidin
Alt account: NDLG9 hidin
Did you read this whole post?: Yes!
The alt tag will be NDLG9!

You must sign-up here before using your account to ladder. Alts must be registered on the day of the sign-up post or afterwards to prevent players from registering an account beforehand and laddering with it to gain an unfair advantage. I will be checking registration dates for any qualifying accounts to ensure people don't try to abuse the system. Please only include one alt in your sign-up post for each cycle. You will not be allowed to edit your alt name after you include it in your initial sign-up for any given cycle. If something happens with said account that means you need a new account, delete your post and make a new one. It is advised that once you sign up here, you immediately register the account on PS! afterwards so that no one steals the account listed. Also, alt names that break PS rules will not be allowed to qualify.

Given that this is a ladder tournament, tournament rules will be enforced. Any person found cheating will be subject to punishments.

The 1 week cycle will end January 28th, 11:59 PM -5.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM/VM me or Nashrock here or on Discord.
Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)