Project National Dex OU: Blast From the Past - Hiatus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I saw that I needed three dragons. But IRL I’m mega Absol. So I said nah and introduced...

TapuFini Dragonless DragMag
https://pokepast.es/59935890676184c6
:Magnezone::Tapu Fini::Kyurem::cyclizar::gholdengo::dragonite:
Frankly, it is a very basic DragMag with my favorite Pokémon in National Dex to use, Coincidentally I only use 1 dragon move, and it only seldom click it.

:magnezone: A very fun mon to use, I chose Specs to get the OHKO on Ferrothorn as my team is very weak to hazards. A good emergency button against Toxapex and Hatterene, who can be problematic for my team.

:Tapu fini: The mon I wanted to include, supports the backbone of the team against MLop, which can be a pain against Shed Tail teams. Very potent cleaner too, the Ice, Dragon resists are both very useful to have.

:kyurem: I love using that mon. Really, I feel nothing can stop it. Except Ferro. And Tran. And Gholdengo. And Dondozo. But anyway I love using it. Benefits greatly from Zone support, also can brute force most things with Tera, especially Dragon-types, Pex also loses if no Haze so watch out and scout its moves. You also beat MLop after a DD, and Pult without Teraing by PP Stalling.

:cyclizar: A support mon, sole hazard control. Gives free switches to Kyurem and Fini, also can be used to exploit walls.

:Gholdengo: The team member I’m the less sure of, as it overlaps a ton with Zone. Serves as a fat breaker.

:Dragonite: The secondary speed control of that team, RKes stuff and can sweep late game.

Last edited:

Sputnik

Bono My Tires are Deceased
is a Contributor Alumnus
Taking Zone+Specs Latios

:ss/latios::ss/magnezone::ss/cyclizar::ss/dragapult::ss/gholdengo::ss/diancie-mega:

Hopefully Pokepaste works this time.

Tbh I think that even having two dragons on a team these days is pretty unreasonable but this is the best I got. Specs Latios with Tera Dragon is a very stupid nuke that even things like Kingambit and Gholdengo can't switch into once you Tera. Elec Z Zone nukes MSciz SpDef Tran and Gambit, while Sub crosses up Gambit and gives it extra protection. Cyc is Hazard Control+Broken Shed Tail, WispHex Pult helps out against things like Gambit MLop Zama etc, Cloak Gholdie covers Lele and Garg, and Mega Diancie is the rocker that is broken with Shed Tail and acts as a Dark resist.

Last edited:

Boomenheimer

formerly 2020 idm boomer
is a Tiering Contributor
I saw into the future a long time ago and bought stock early in DragMag...

Swag Mag 1.0
:sv/Magnezone: :sm/Scizor-Mega: :ss/Kommo-o: :sv/Dragapult: :sv/Garchomp: :sv/Dragonite:

Swag Mag 2.0
:sv/Magnezone: :sm/Scizor-Mega: :ss/Kommo-o: :sv/Dragapult: :sv/Garchomp: :sv/Dragonite:

They're literally the same team with just two variations
  • Magnezone: Yes it's Analytic I'm greedy and PS still shows you the message that you might be trapped regardless of your ability (the more you know)
  • Mega Scizor: The team's Mega and insurance policy against Fairies like Scarf Lele and Booster Iron Valiant. Slow, bulky pivot with priority to revenge kill, as well as remove hazards (although I hate Defog MSciz cuz it already takes Rocks + Spikes, but the team needs something for Webs + Hazard Stack)
  • Kommo-o: each team has a different variation, but both have Taunt. Stall is really annoying for DragMag, and with either of these sets, not only is Kommo-o able to set up and sweep, but also shut down any attempts to Stall, barring Unaware users in Dondozo and Clefable (which are not very popular atm). 1.0 runs Z-Move Kommo-o with Earthquake for Toxapex and Unaware Clodsire. 2.0 runs Tera Fairy Leftovers Kommo-o with Clangorous Soul for increased set up opportunities and a blistering defensive profile with its boosted bulk and new typing.
  • Dragapult: each team has a different variation. Walking Wake behind a Substitute will absolute bodybag DragMag. For that reason, 1.0 has a Scarf variant that can OHKO Speed boosted Walking Wake behind a sub thanks to Infiltrator. With 2.0 having a Tera Fairy Kommo-o, Walking Wake is no sweat. For that reason, I've opted to go with the Sub DD Z-Move Dragapult on this team, where it operates as an incredible wallbreaker/sweeper.
  • Garchomp: Chain chomp is the team's rocker, volt blocker, and lure for opposing Skarmory and Ferrothorn, as well as common Defoggers in Tornadus-T and Rotom-Wash, who are heavily punished by a Life Orb Draco Meteor.
  • Dragonite: Ground immune and Tera Normal Extreme Speed, that is all.

Threatlist

:xy/Diancie-Mega: :sm/Tapu Lele: :sm/Tapu Koko: :ss/Dragapult: :sv/Iron Valiant: :sv/Walking Wake:

Replays

• A replay with 1.0 before I replaced Flamethrower with EQ on Kommo-o, where Zone trapped a Ferro which usually run Tera Dragon nowadays. Suffice to say, not the ideal tera type into DragMag!
  • Another replay where chain chomp baits Ferro and opp is helpless against Kommo-o

Last edited:
reserving BAXCALIBUR dragon magnets

PENTADRAGON MAGNETS
:sv/garchomp-mega: :bw/latios: :bw/magnezone: :sv/baxcalibur: :bw/dragonite: dragapult.gif
:garchomp-mega: stealth rocks + mixed set to lure shit
:latios: screens + die guy, struggles to set them both up sometimes and i ran 0 attacks for magic coat LOL it's fun reflecting grimmsnarl taunt or a random layer of spikes, or to try to deter defog. sure it's suboptimal but we're running 5 dragons in OU this mon is just here to get at least one screen up and click memento. i did try latias but didn't feel like the healing wish was as useful as a free turn from memento.
:magnezone: AV because lele and wake (copium). bit of bulk cuz i thought the speed tier was fake. has enough speed for defensive dengo. maybe needs a better tera for wake tho.
:baxcalibur: big bax. the feature of the team: loaded dice DD tera ground. by far my favorite set. tera ground turns you into mega mamoswine. 10/10 mon
:dragonite: dragon claw + encore 8)
:dragapult: zpult clicks funny button

gameplan should be obvious: set rocks/screens as best you can and baxcalibur will win from turn 5 behind screens

here's some low ladder replays
here's a super awful terrible idea i had as well

Last edited:

Taka

I'm the truth only time will teach ya
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
DIALGA

:sv/magnezone: :sv/dragapult: :sv/walking-wake: :sv/duraludon: :sv/kingambit: :sv/landorus-therian:

:magnezone:: classic trapper, tera fight to mess w pesky kingambit

:dragapult:: classic cb breaker + speed control, goes crazy ngl, tera steel to beat down fairies

:walking-wake:: stall killer frfr is great when you mess w fairies and steels (we dont have many good fairies and they all die to hydro steam

:duraludon:: dialga 2.0 with rocks + twave for support, eject pack as shiest to pivot

:kingambit:: the solution to dragapult/scarf dengo going crazy, no speed just bulk bc you're gonna sucker through everything and you need to live random flamethrower from pult

:landorus-therian:: ground-immune, helps check lop, pivot, tox onto ape, and removal for the team. appreciates the dragons taking on water types for it

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1842643087-wu9ilg5r8ny47fwg36sr8xy1rg4wp1lpw

Last edited:

sealoo

PaulGod
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:sv/magnezone: :sv/volcarona: :sv/baxcalibur: :sv/cyclizar: :sv/hydreigon: :sv/tapu-lele:

Was in the trenches like Ja Morant building this...

:magnezone: TRAPS STEEL TYPES; opted for flash cannon > volt for garg mu. av for lele and pult mu

:VOLCARONA: checks wicked zamazenta, forces ghold to tera, owns ival. i stole this set from Kyo in rigged, credit to him.

:baxcalibur: Big Bad Baxcalibur is here to Glaive Rush the opposition + ice shard OK priority

:cyclizar: hazard removal + gets in bax safely...

:hydreigon: rocker + tran/yard check + ground immune, more ppl should use this mon defensively he's a beast

:tapu-lele: speed control that appreciates zone + volc forcing teras out of ghold, ferro, tran

Heat Rock DragMagSwag
:ss/Magnezone: :ss/Walking_Wake: :ss/Hydreigon: :ss/Dragapult: :ss/Clodsire: :ss/Medicham_mega:

the squad

gets sun up and traps. spread always ohkos 112 hp kgb after rocks (edit no it doesnt that was wif ebelt mah bad)

abuses sun and forces switches every time it comes in. op guy.

modest dragon fang baits specs, switch in gets taunted and rocked upon.

zpult is zpult, wisp last move for dat Utility

this mon sucks like rly bad but answers to Walking Drake are few and far between... hopefully the fat fuck manages to get up a spike/toxic and not be fodder

airs out fake mons that the team struggles with like clod/bliss etc. fake out/bp is a nice little emergency button.

only tested in a roomtour... enjoy

Slowpoke Fan

Slow?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
RMT Leader
DragMag Status Spam
kyurem.gifmagnezone.gifdragapult.giftornadus-therian.gifclefable.gifgarchomp.gif
Click on the images above for the Pokepaste

PP stalls specially defensive walls since this team is very specially oriented, takes advantage of the bulky waters that Magnezone lets in.

Traps the steel types that Kyurem struggles to handle, outspeeds SD Kartana with the given EV spread and item. Provides pivoting via volt switch as well as a crucial resistance to fairies.

Offensive pivot that can wallbreak or clean up late game with its speed tier and a choice specs equipped. Hex is there to abuse the status that it and its teammates can spread.

First line of defence against fighting types that mess up Kyurem and Magnezone. Also provides pivoting and item removal if its teammates manage to get hazards up.

Provides the team with somewhat of a Dragapult check as well as more insurance against fighting types. Thunder wave spreads status to the Pokemon it invites in while it can set up stealth rock on free turns.

Electric type immunity that spreads even more status with toxic. Fazes opponents with dragon tail once it sets up spikes.

Last edited:

R8

On LoA
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
MEGA LATIOS DRAGMAG

:sv/magnezone::sv/kingambit: :sv/dragapult::sv/latios-mega: :sv/volcarona: :sv/kommo-o:
Click the sprites for the team

Teambuilding process:

:magnezone: :dragapult:
I felt like the best way to abuse Magnezone with a dragon might be with specs pult + Body Press magnezone, as a lot of teams are relying on Kingambit to deal with pult. I went for Specs Pult specifically over Dragon Dance, because I often felt like DD can be inconsistent at times (the Z-Move set in particular), and sometimes prone to be played around, while Specs Pult is pretty much a good wallbreaker at almost any point of the game. Magnezone's EVs are to outspeed max speed ada kingambit, while the rest is put in bulk and physdef to make it as good as possible into Kingambit. Toxic targets the very dangerous Volcarona so you are not setup fodder for it (shoutouts peap for the idea), while hp fire+tbolt target the other steels.

:kingambit:
As I was going to build a team with 3 dragons, I went from the assumption that I wanted to be as safe as possible against Dragapult, so Kingambit felt like a natural addition. On top of that, it provides an other steel and is able to attempt to pursuit a choice locked Tapu Lele (Which is the motivation behind max hp). I eventually decided it to be the rocker - though this is something you could probably slot on Kommo-O too. The tera can probably be dark instead of ghost, which is here just to be a lil bit more annoying to fighters, even though you don't do much back to some of them.

:latios-mega:
With a Magnezone and a Kingambit, the stars seemed to align for Mega-Latios, which was already known to appreciate magnet pull and pursuit support in gen8 (See this post from the gen8 VR thread), which I believe is still true right now with the existence of Dragapult and Gholdengo. I went for a substitute set, which allows it to take advantage of a multitude of defensive presences while pranking Heatran, which is one of the few steels Magnezone cannot trap.

Honestly I'd like to give a special mention to this mon, because from testing it seemed really incredible, especially against the myriad of sun teams populating the ladder right now, which it utterly reduces into pieces, and often are forced to attempt to revenge kill it by locking Walking Wake into Draco Meteor, leaving it easily trapped by Kingambit. This pokemon in general is a nightmare for a lot of builds right now, and it definitively deserve more recognition.

:volcarona:
Volcarona is pretty much forced here, as I needed a strong iron valiant answer, on top of an alternative win condition which can carry the team through difficult matchups, especially against teams including multiple fairies. I went for flamethrower modest, but timid and/or Fire Blast are probably valid options here as well.

:kommo-o:
An other win condition, being the third dragon slot, which also provide an additional Kingambit check (never too safe against that mon lol), and an important threat to rain teams, which otherwise can be annoying to this team. It also can be useful to grab informations on SpA Wake and Tapu Lele sets, in terms of speed tiers (scarf vs non scarf)

Additional thoughts about Dragmag as a playstyle

I think it is interesting to note how different the team is from BW dragmags, in terms of gameplan: obviously, the "trap steels into spamming dragon moves" gameplan doesn't work anymore due to the existence of fairy types, so I felt like you had to take an other approach than the bw dragmags. Only two of the three dragons in this team use dragon moves, and one of them (Kommo-O) doesn't really care about Magnezone's support anyway. However, the Dragapult vs Kingambit dynamic itself is, in my opinion, more than enough to justify a magnezone structure, even though Dragapult is more likely to click Shadow Ball rather than Draco Meteor once Kingambit has been taken care of. To be honest, this team is more a magnezone team with three pokemon that happen to be dragon types rather than an actual dragmag team, and this is just symptomatic of the fact that spamming dragon moves is not a consistent gameplan in a fairy types infested metagame.

Replays:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1842526240
Pult-Zone vs Kingambit dynamic, into Kommo-O gaming and Volcarona wrap.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1842430851
M-Latios vs Sun (Appropriate music)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1842444008-yjb7mz7cnr2tndkiock5n5gk1z0g88gpw
Pult and MTios forcing damages on MTTar, allowing volcarona to end the game.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1842427559-p6rehzfgnbmiql9q2edf14z5xahzzpupw
MTios endgame

Last edited:
I love clicking smooth brain dragon moves repeatedly.
:sv/magnezone: :sv/garchomp: :sv/baxcalibur: :sv/dragonite: :sv/scizor-mega: :sv/tapu lele:
https://pokepast.es/f2cac4e8b2cc05fd

The plan is simple.
:magnezone:
Good old choice specs trapping the Scizor, Ferrothorn, Kingambit, Corv, Skarmory or if your opponent is on something, elesteela. Bonus points if you manage to come in on gambit with psychic terrain active.

:garchomp:
Sets up rocks and has a nasty surprise for the majority of physical walls. Classic chain-chomp comes in and nukes Great Tusk, Landorus-t, Tangrowth and any :dondozo: with draco meteor. Hp ice is if you really want Garchomp to take one less life orb hit against Landorus-t or Gliscor.

:baxcalibur:
An absolute beast of a Pokémon. You can pull a sub up on the many switches you force and even if they stay in, bax is super fat. It can take those salt cures, scalds, and the various switch moves. Tera ground gives it more defensive utility and simultaneously allow you to completely ravage Kingambit, Toxapex and Garganacl at +1 (barring tera). Glaive rush is outrage but better and dd is dd.

:dragonite:
The last dragon, but certainly not least. Dragonite is the part of the defensive backbone and another piece of set up. I didn’t feel like extreme speed synergized well with psychic terrain and I didn’t really miss it during exhaustive testing. So I gave it dd roost eq and dragon claw. Basically the same coverage as the other dragons because it’s just so reliable. Tera ground just to make eq a bit more of a nuke, though dnite can be mixed and matched with whatever coverage it desires.

:scizor-mega:
The lele switch. Ok it does more than that, but that is certainly the main reason. Scizor also functions as the switch in to the Pokémon icons shown below (at least what I can remember).
:weavile: :rillaboom: :baxcalibur: :dragapult: :kartana: :diancie-mega: :serperior: :latias-mega:
Bullet punch, u-turn and roost are defensive scizor staples, and I believe I have pursuit to trap Dragapult. After clicking it a total of 2 times in 60 games, just use knock off, sd, or close combat.

:tapu lele:
If you can’t beat ‘em, join em. AV lele is very awesome and just devours hits like a champ thanks to the av, tera, and the custom evs. Lele takes hits from the tapus (except rillaboom), kyurem, walking wake and probably a bunch of others I’m forgetting. Lele does lele things aka being a menace to switch into for everything other than that :gholdengo: bastard.

Threatlist
Every variant of
:urshifu-rapid-strike:
Some variants of
:diancie-mega: :tornadus-therian: :volcarona: :zamazenta: :dragapult: :dragonite: :garchomp: :garganacl: :dondozo:bozo :gholdengo:
Stupid fucking cosmic power :clefable:

:shed shell:

TERA FAIRY

alr I’m sleepin now

Bka Onon

Hope is the Thing with Feathers.
is a Pre-Contributor
QUADRUPLE DRAGMAG SCREENS HYPER OFFENSE

:sv/grimmsnarl::sv/magnezone::sv/kommo-o::sv/dragapult::sv/garchomp-mega::sv/cyclizar:

I present the ultimate button clicker DragMag for the agency

:Grimmsnarl:

Top agent Grimmsnarl is the screens setter and crucial for the operation, it's him that allows our offenses to work.

:Magnezone:
Trapping Scizors and Ferros since 28 September 2006, never failed his fellow drags once. Takes cares of all pesky steels trying to interrupt.

Mr. Kommo-o sits behind the screens and clicks his deadly Clangorous Soulblaze eliminating just about everything and giving himself a boost to sweep through everything. Taunt prevents phazing and hazing attempts but is swappable for Clangorous Soul for that double boost.

:dragapult:
Star Agent Dragapult is our best. He surprises any unsuspecting gambit with a deadly Tera Fighting Tera Blast, and sweeps the rest of the metagame with its STABs behind sub and screens being able to easily setup.

:garchomp-mega:
When was the last time you saw him, that's right Grounded Agent is out here being able to cause mass destruction, boosting its already stupendous Attack AND its Speed. Stone Edge is swappable for Fire Fang to easily beat Ferrothorn.

:cyclizar:
Undercover Agent Cyclizar is on a misson to provide its team with premier substitutes and hazard removal. While also being able to nuke any Scizors and Ferros with Overheat and Knock Off crucial items.

------------------------------------

Roughly enough, if you are able to pivot properly, even fairies like :tapu-Lele: aren't a problem, however if given the chance it can get very out of hand. :Kingambit: is also a big problem if Kommo-o is eliminated. However I feel like for the style I was approaching, the team is quite good and I hope you all enjoy.

Good Night!

peap

asleep
is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
"Dragons" but They're Actually Steel

:sv/grimmsnarl: :sm/cyclizar: :bw/latios: :bw/magnezone: :sv/baxcalibur: :sv/iron valiant:

Drawing on a number of broken elements in the metagame, I created a Shed Tail + Screens hyper offense with three Tera Steel users that did well into mid-1800s.
  1. :grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl sets screens and is EVed to get 2hkod by Mega Diance Moonblast only 10% of the time
  2. :cyclizar: Scarf Cyclizar spins to free up Baxcalibur who is NOT BOOTS, and almost always finds space to Shed Tail under screens. The sheer speed is also useful for revenging Walking Wake and other frail sweepers in a pinch. I find the Pokemon overpowering as it gives so much momentum to the setup sweeper of your choice.
  3. :latios: Tera Steel Weakness Policy Latios is a demonic set against Sun, Rain, and opposing HO. It is the rare Special sweeper that sets up on Clodsire via Calm Mind, Agility, and Stored Power. I usually bring Latios in the early game. However, a case for Substitute + Aura Sphere Mega Latios can be made for this slot to have a better 50/50 against Kingambit, at the cost of a worse Infiltrator Dragapult matchup. Agility is actually quite useful against weather speedsters and opposing +1 Speed Iron Valiant, but I did lose to a Jolly max Speed Hawlucha.
  4. :magnezone: Magnezone is often a pivot. With Leftovers, Substitute and Toxic it annoys Toxapex and of course opposing Steel types like Kingambit. As R8 mentioned, Toxic is very useful for limiting the lifespan of opposing setup sweepers like Volcarona. Oddly enough, Magnezone also demolishes Hippo + Skarm cores.
  5. :baxcalibur: Baxcalibur should increase in the viability rankings; it's everything we wanted Kyu-B to be. Its damage output, more than adequate speed post a Dragon Dance, excellent STABs, and solid bulk combined with Tera Steel ensure it almost always trades 1-2 mons with the opponent. Loaded Dice is an excellent item, giving it a STAB 100-125 BP Ice-type move with a decent chance to crit. At +1 it also has a chance to OHKO a Normal-type Dragonite from full. Unboosted, it forces Dondozo to come in and Rest.
  6. :iron valiant: Iron Valiant as a Steel type is terrifying. Luring in Mega Scizor then using it as a setup opportunity, Iron Valiant excels at being difficult to revenge due to its excellent Speed tier combined with Booster Energy. Spirit Break OHKOs Lele at +2, Zamazenta falls to CC, Gholdengo dies to Knock Off, and even Volcarona succumbs to Spirit Break + Knock Off. However, Static and Flame Body users do make Iron Valiant's prowess more rng-dependent. Otherwise, it is an opposing Dragon-type check that often steals momentum from +1 speed/Scarfed opponents.

As one can imagine, this team struggles with priority and Tera Dark Kingambit revenges half the team when screens are down, hence the necessity of Iron Valiant. After losing this game to Chris who brought Fake Out, Ice Shard, and Extreme Speed for priority (did I mention Twave Rachi?), I changed my own Baxcalibur to Tera Steel to withstand revenger killers better.

Wins:
Against the Hippo + Skarm trend
Walking Wake Sun
Sand Rush Zolt
Rain
Valiant Turns the Tables on Mega Scizor
Valiant Booster Energies Mega Lopunny
Electric Spam
why is this guy using the same team from gen 8 natdex
Clod + Skeledirge Balance

Losses:
Whirlwind Zapdos
Brick Break Kingambit
NP Dhengo
Webs
Scarf Ninetales-Alola
Trick Room
Lots of Priority
Like Mega Pinsir

thanks for reading

Last edited:

yonmd

Formerly Yes or no my dude
is a Tiering Contributor
DRAG MAG TRICK ROOM
Built this team with primarily alolan egg in mind. Started with regidrago over dragalge and alolan marowak over cress. Unsurprisingly, the first draft was shit.

After tweaking sets a lot this is the combination I came up with:

:exeggutor-alola: Sashed alolan egg put in a surprising amount of work, due to people underestimating its power and also, sash. It has great coverage and is able to combat offensive threats extremely well
:Magnezone: mag does mag things, traps mons and kills them. Specs is a good power boost that can help with dealing with annoying set up mons
:Dragalge: This mon is slept on. Adaptability with poison dragon and such good coverage makes it insanely hard to switch into, and leads to a lot of prediction wars that place momentum in your favor. It is also decently bulky.
:Hatterene: Does hat things on tr, anti hazards
:Kommo-o: late game sweeper, semi gambit counter
:Cresselia: Again does tr things, difference between this and regular trick room is it is an insanely useful pivot, as nothing else can really switch in to the likes of tusk and lop.

Team is destroyed by volcarona and stall, as well as the blobs. There is room to outplay most other things.

Tested against ladder until I got 5 wins in a row :> probably not the best metric. Tested around 1700s

ChrisPBacon

unrefined frustrating obstacle
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis the defending SM Circuit Champion
UUPL Champion
:ss/magnezone: :ss/dragapult: :ss/dragonite: :ss/garchomp-mega: :ss/baxcalibur: :ss/jirachi:

click on mons for link

break with bax and pult and mchomp and then try clean with dnite
zone is sub electrium to reliablyish trap gambit
jirachi is unironically kinda fire on this team, twave slows down a lot of annoying shit like lele pult and lop esp with tera fairy
evs on rachi live 2 ccs from lop

dont load into walking wake
this team sucks

Mamoo

I don't blunder in life, I just gambit a lot.
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Enter the Dragons! : Specs Salamence DragMag

:sv/magnezone: :sv/garchomp: :sv/scizor-mega: :sv/dragonite: :sv/Tapu Lele: :sv/salamence:

DragMag is always a fun archetype to mess around with. It's cool to see all the different variations & creativity being displayed from everyone :{D

TankChomp sets up hazards then dragon tails to rack up chip or phase out potential dangerous set-up sweepers. Toxic is a strong option over dual hazards to put things like Landorus-Therian, Rotom-Wash & Zapdos on a timer.
Magnezone traps the pesky steel types & allows the dragons to spam their STAB moves. Outspeeds standard defensive Mega-Scizor & has enough Defense to OHKO Kingambit after rocks with Expert Belt Body Press.
Mega-Scizor is the team's Tapu Lele check & can stomach a hit from Mega Lopunny & Iron Valiant if needed. It's also one of the more solid wincons in the tier.
Dragonite becomes one of the most fearsome sweepers with access to Tera Normal Extreme Speed.
Scarf Tapu Lele is one of the better late game cleaners. It provides the team with good speed control & is able to revenge kill threats such as Mega-Lopunny.
Salamence is one of my favourite competitive pokemon & can be a sneaky strong breaker. Tera Steel is an emergency check to the fairy types & to get potentially crucial damage off on them.
The Holy Quadrinity of missable moves will certainly cause you to lose games at crucial moments, but my counter-argument is "What's even the point of playing competitive mons if you're not constantly contemplating throwing your PC out the window?" x{P
The unpredictable nature & being on the edge of my seat every turn of a game, not knowing who's gonna win. That's the magic that makes the game exciting :{D

Test the team out yourselves & most importantly have fun, because that's what Pokemon is all about :{D

Boomenheimer

formerly 2020 idm boomer
is a Tiering Contributor
Voting is now live! Vote for your favorite DragMag team by Wednesday, April 19th at 11:59 PM GMT-5.

Sputnik’s Specs Latios

Taking Zone+Specs Latios

:ss/latios::ss/magnezone::ss/cyclizar::ss/dragapult::ss/gholdengo::ss/diancie-mega:

Hopefully Pokepaste works this time.

Tbh I think that even having two dragons on a team these days is pretty unreasonable but this is the best I got. Specs Latios with Tera Dragon is a very stupid nuke that even things like Kingambit and Gholdengo can't switch into once you Tera. Elec Z Zone nukes MSciz SpDef Tran and Gambit, while Sub crosses up Gambit and gives it extra protection. Cyc is Hazard Control+Broken Shed Tail, WispHex Pult helps out against things like Gambit MLop Zama etc, Cloak Gholdie covers Lele and Garg, and Mega Diancie is the rocker that is broken with Shed Tail and acts as a Dark resist.
2020 idm boomer’s Swag Mag

I saw into the future a long time ago and bought stock early in DragMag...

Swag Mag 1.0

Swag Mag 2.0

They're literally the same team with just two variations
  • Magnezone: Yes it's Analytic I'm greedy and PS still shows you the message that you might be trapped regardless of your ability (the more you know)
  • Mega Scizor: The team's Mega and insurance policy against Fairies like Scarf Lele and Booster Iron Valiant. Slow, bulky pivot with priority to revenge kill, as well as remove hazards (although I hate Defog MSciz cuz it already takes Rocks + Spikes, but the team needs something for Webs + Hazard Stack)
  • Kommo-o: each team has a different variation, but both have Taunt. Stall is really annoying for DragMag, and with either of these sets, not only is Kommo-o able to set up and sweep, but also shut down any attempts to Stall, barring Unaware users in Dondozo and Clefable (which are not very popular atm). 1.0 runs Z-Move Kommo-o with Earthquake for Toxapex and Unaware Clodsire. 2.0 runs Tera Fairy Leftovers Kommo-o with Clangorous Soul for increased set up opportunities and a blistering defensive profile with its boosted bulk and new typing.
  • Dragapult: each team has a different variation. Walking Wake behind a Substitute will absolute bodybag DragMag. For that reason, 1.0 has a Scarf variant that can OHKO Speed boosted Walking Wake behind a sub thanks to Infiltrator. With 2.0 having a Tera Fairy Kommo-o, Walking Wake is no sweat. For that reason, I've opted to go with the Sub DD Z-Move Dragapult on this team, where it operates as an incredible wallbreaker/sweeper.
  • Garchomp: Chain chomp is the team's rocker, volt blocker, and lure for opposing Skarmory and Ferrothorn, as well as common Defoggers in Tornadus-T and Rotom-Wash, who are heavily punished by a Life Orb Draco Meteor.
  • Dragonite: Ground immune and Tera Normal Extreme Speed, that is all.

Threatlist

:xy/Diancie-Mega: :sm/Tapu Lele: :sm/Tapu Koko: :ss/Dragapult: :sv/Iron Valiant: :sv/Walking Wake:

Replays

• A replay with 1.0 before I replaced Flamethrower with EQ on Kommo-o, where Zone trapped a Ferro which usually run Tera Dragon nowadays. Suffice to say, not the ideal tera type into DragMag!
  • Another replay where chain chomp baits Ferro and opp is helpless against Kommo-o
sh0shin’s pentadragon

reserving BAXCALIBUR dragon magnets

PENTADRAGON MAGNETS
:sv/garchomp-mega: :bw/latios: :bw/magnezone: :sv/baxcalibur: :bw/dragonite: View attachment 507466
:garchomp-mega: stealth rocks + mixed set to lure shit
:latios: screens + die guy, struggles to set them both up sometimes and i ran 0 attacks for magic coat LOL it's fun reflecting grimmsnarl taunt or a random layer of spikes, or to try to deter defog. sure it's suboptimal but we're running 5 dragons in OU this mon is just here to get at least one screen up and click memento. i did try latias but didn't feel like the healing wish was as useful as a free turn from memento.
:magnezone: AV because lele and wake (copium). bit of bulk cuz i thought the speed tier was fake. has enough speed for defensive dengo. maybe needs a better tera for wake tho.
:baxcalibur: big bax. the feature of the team: loaded dice DD tera ground. by far my favorite set. tera ground turns you into mega mamoswine. 10/10 mon
:dragonite: dragon claw + encore 8)
:dragapult: zpult clicks funny button

gameplan should be obvious: set rocks/screens as best you can and baxcalibur will win from turn 5 behind screens

here's some low ladder replays
here's a super awful terrible idea i had as well
Takatk’s Duraludon

DIALGA

:sv/magnezone: :sv/dragapult: :sv/walking-wake: :sv/duraludon: :sv/kingambit: :sv/landorus-therian:

:magnezone:: classic trapper, tera fight to mess w pesky kingambit

:dragapult:: classic cb breaker + speed control, goes crazy ngl, tera steel to beat down fairies

:walking-wake:: stall killer frfr is great when you mess w fairies and steels (we dont have many good fairies and they all die to hydro steam

:duraludon:: dialga 2.0 with rocks + twave for support, eject pack as shiest to pivot

:kingambit:: the solution to dragapult/scarf dengo going crazy, no speed just bulk bc you're gonna sucker through everything and you need to live random flamethrower from pult

:landorus-therian:: ground-immune, helps check lop, pivot, tox onto ape, and removal for the team. appreciates the dragons taking on water types for it

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1842643087-wu9ilg5r8ny47fwg36sr8xy1rg4wp1lpw
Sealoo’s Banded Baxcalibur

:sv/magnezone: :sv/volcarona: :sv/baxcalibur: :sv/cyclizar: :sv/hydreigon: :sv/tapu-lele:

Was in the trenches like Ja Morant building this...

:magnezone: TRAPS STEEL TYPES; opted for flash cannon > volt for garg mu. av for lele and pult mu

:VOLCARONA: checks wicked zamazenta, forces ghold to tera, owns ival. i stole this set from Kyo in rigged, credit to him.

:baxcalibur: Big Bad Baxcalibur is here to Glaive Rush the opposition + ice shard OK priority

:cyclizar: hazard removal + gets in bax safely...

:hydreigon: rocker + tran/yard check + ground immune, more ppl should use this mon defensively he's a beast

:tapu-lele: speed control that appreciates zone + volc forcing teras out of ghold, ferro, tran
setset77’s heat rock dragmagswag

Heat Rock DragMagSwag
:ss/Magnezone: :ss/Walking_Wake: :ss/Hydreigon: :ss/Dragapult: :ss/Clodsire: :ss/Medicham_mega:

the squad

gets sun up and traps. spread always ohkos 112 hp kgb after rocks (edit no it doesnt that was wif ebelt mah bad)

abuses sun and forces switches every time it comes in. op guy.

modest dragon fang baits specs, switch in gets taunted and rocked upon.

zpult is zpult, wisp last move for dat Utility

this mon sucks like rly bad but answers to Walking Drake are few and far between... hopefully the fat fuck manages to get up a spike/toxic and not be fodder

airs out fake mons that the team struggles with like clod/bliss etc. fake out/bp is a nice little emergency button.

only tested in a roomtour... enjoy
Slowpoke Fan’s Status Spam

DragMag Status Spam
View attachment 507314View attachment 507315View attachment 507316View attachment 507317View attachment 507318View attachment 507319
Click on the images above for the Pokepaste

PP stalls specially defensive walls since this team is very specially oriented, takes advantage of the bulky waters that Magnezone lets in.

Traps the steel types that Kyurem struggles to handle, outspeeds SD Kartana with the given EV spread and item. Provides pivoting via volt switch as well as a crucial resistance to fairies.

Offensive pivot that can wallbreak or clean up late game with its speed tier and a choice specs equipped. Hex is there to abuse the status that it and its teammates can spread.

First line of defence against fighting types that mess up Kyurem and Magnezone. Also provides pivoting and item removal if its teammates manage to get hazards up.

Provides the team with somewhat of a Dragapult check as well as more insurance against fighting types. Thunder wave spreads status to the Pokemon it invites in while it can set up stealth rock on free turns.

Electric type immunity that spreads even more status with toxic. Fazes opponents with dragon tail once it sets up spikes.
R8’s Mega Latios

MEGA LATIOS DRAGMAG

:sv/magnezone::sv/kingambit: :sv/dragapult::sv/latios-mega: :sv/volcarona: :sv/kommo-o:
Click the sprites for the team

Teambuilding process:

:magnezone: :dragapult:
I felt like the best way to abuse Magnezone with a dragon might be with specs pult + Body Press magnezone, as a lot of teams are relying on Kingambit to deal with pult. I went for Specs Pult specifically over Dragon Dance, because I often felt like DD can be inconsistent at times (the Z-Move set in particular), and sometimes prone to be played around, while Specs Pult is pretty much a good wallbreaker at almost any point of the game. Magnezone's EVs are to outspeed max speed ada kingambit, while the rest is put in bulk and physdef to make it as good as possible into Kingambit. Toxic targets the very dangerous Volcarona so you are not setup fodder for it (shoutouts peap for the idea), while hp fire+tbolt target the other steels.

:kingambit:
As I was going to build a team with 3 dragons, I went from the assumption that I wanted to be as safe as possible against Dragapult, so Kingambit felt like a natural addition. On top of that, it provides an other steel and is able to attempt to pursuit a choice locked Tapu Lele (Which is the motivation behind max hp). I eventually decided it to be the rocker - though this is something you could probably slot on Kommo-O too. The tera can probably be dark instead of ghost, which is here just to be a lil bit more annoying to fighters, even though you don't do much back to some of them.

:latios-mega:
With a Magnezone and a Kingambit, the stars seemed to align for Mega-Latios, which was already known to appreciate magnet pull and pursuit support in gen8 (See this post from the gen8 VR thread), which I believe is still true right now with the existence of Dragapult and Gholdengo. I went for a substitute set, which allows it to take advantage of a multitude of defensive presences while pranking Heatran, which is one of the few steels Magnezone cannot trap.

Honestly I'd like to give a special mention to this mon, because from testing it seemed really incredible, especially against the myriad of sun teams populating the ladder right now, which it utterly reduces into pieces, and often are forced to attempt to revenge kill it by locking Walking Wake into Draco Meteor, leaving it easily trapped by Kingambit. This pokemon in general is a nightmare for a lot of builds right now, and it definitively deserve more recognition.

:volcarona:
Volcarona is pretty much forced here, as I needed a strong iron valiant answer, on top of an alternative win condition which can carry the team through difficult matchups, especially against teams including multiple fairies. I went for flamethrower modest, but timid and/or Fire Blast are probably valid options here as well.

An other win condition, being the third dragon slot, which also provide an additional Kingambit check (never too safe against that mon lol), and an important threat to rain teams, which otherwise can be annoying to this team. It also can be useful to grab informations on SpA Wake and Tapu Lele sets, in terms of speed tiers (scarf vs non scarf)

Additional thoughts about Dragmag as a playstyle

I think it is interesting to note how different the team is from BW dragmags, in terms of gameplan: obviously, the "trap steels into spamming dragon moves" gameplan doesn't work anymore due to the existence of fairy types, so I felt like you had to take an other approach than the bw dragmags. Only two of the three dragons in this team use dragon moves, and one of them (Kommo-O) doesn't really care about Magnezone's support anyway. However, the Dragapult vs Kingambit dynamic itself is, in my opinion, more than enough to justify a magnezone structure, even though Dragapult is more likely to click Shadow Ball rather than Draco Meteor once Kingambit has been taken care of. To be honest, this team is more a magnezone team with three pokemon that happen to be dragon types rather than an actual dragmag team, and this is just symptomatic of the fact that spamming dragon moves is not a consistent gameplan in a fairy types infested metagame.

Replays:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1842526240
Pult-Zone vs Kingambit dynamic, into Kommo-O gaming and Volcarona wrap.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1842430851
M-Latios vs Sun (Appropriate music)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1842444008-yjb7mz7cnr2tndkiock5n5gk1z0g88gpw
Pult and MTios forcing damages on MTTar, allowing volcarona to end the game.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1842427559-p6rehzfgnbmiql9q2edf14z5xahzzpupw
MTios endgame
Xurkiyee’s Sub Baxcalibur

I love clicking smooth brain dragon moves repeatedly.
:sv/magnezone: :sv/garchomp: :sv/baxcalibur: :sv/dragonite: :sv/scizor-mega: :sv/tapu lele:
https://pokepast.es/f2cac4e8b2cc05fd

The plan is simple.
:magnezone:
Good old choice specs trapping the Scizor, Ferrothorn, Kingambit, Corv, Skarmory or if your opponent is on something, elesteela. Bonus points if you manage to come in on gambit with psychic terrain active.

:garchomp:
Sets up rocks and has a nasty surprise for the majority of physical walls. Classic chain-chomp comes in and nukes Great Tusk, Landorus-t, Tangrowth and any :dondozo: with draco meteor. Hp ice is if you really want Garchomp to take one less life orb hit against Landorus-t or Gliscor.

:baxcalibur:
An absolute beast of a Pokémon. You can pull a sub up on the many switches you force and even if they stay in, bax is super fat. It can take those salt cures, scalds, and the various switch moves. Tera ground gives it more defensive utility and simultaneously allow you to completely ravage Kingambit, Toxapex and Garganacl at +1 (barring tera). Glaive rush is outrage but better and dd is dd.

:dragonite:
The last dragon, but certainly not least. Dragonite is the part of the defensive backbone and another piece of set up. I didn’t feel like extreme speed synergized well with psychic terrain and I didn’t really miss it during exhaustive testing. So I gave it dd roost eq and dragon claw. Basically the same coverage as the other dragons because it’s just so reliable. Tera ground just to make eq a bit more of a nuke, though dnite can be mixed and matched with whatever coverage it desires.

:scizor-mega:
The lele switch. Ok it does more than that, but that is certainly the main reason. Scizor also functions as the switch in to the Pokémon icons shown below (at least what I can remember).
:weavile: :rillaboom: :baxcalibur: :dragapult: :kartana: :diancie-mega: :serperior: :latias-mega:
Bullet punch, u-turn and roost are defensive scizor staples, and I believe I have pursuit to trap Dragapult. After clicking it a total of 2 times in 60 games, just use knock off, sd, or close combat.

:tapu lele:
If you can’t beat ‘em, join em. AV lele is very awesome and just devours hits like a champ thanks to the av, tera, and the custom evs. Lele takes hits from the tapus (except rillaboom), kyurem, walking wake and probably a bunch of others I’m forgetting. Lele does lele things aka being a menace to switch into for everything other than that :gholdengo: bastard.

Threatlist
Every variant of
:urshifu-rapid-strike:
Some variants of
:diancie-mega: :tornadus-therian: :volcarona: :zamazenta: :dragapult: :dragonite: :garchomp: :garganacl: :dondozo:bozo :gholdengo:
Stupid fucking cosmic power :clefable:

:shed shell:

TERA FAIRY

alr I’m sleepin now
AsKid679’s Screentail

QUADRUPLE DRAGMAG SCREENS HYPER OFFENSE

:sv/grimmsnarl::sv/magnezone::sv/kommo-o::sv/dragapult::sv/garchomp-mega::sv/cyclizar:

I present the ultimate button clicker DragMag for the agency

:Grimmsnarl:

Top agent Grimmsnarl is the screens setter and crucial for the operation, it's him that allows our offenses to work.

:Magnezone:
Trapping Scizors and Ferros since 28 September 2006, never failed his fellow drags once. Takes cares of all pesky steels trying to interrupt.

Mr. Kommo-o sits behind the screens and clicks his deadly Clangorous Soulblaze eliminating just about everything and giving himself a boost to sweep through everything. Taunt prevents phazing and hazing attempts but is swappable for Clangorous Soul for that double boost.

:dragapult:
Star Agent Dragapult is our best. He surprises any unsuspecting gambit with a deadly Tera Fighting Tera Blast, and sweeps the rest of the metagame with its STABs behind sub and screens being able to easily setup.

:garchomp-mega:
When was the last time you saw him, that's right Grounded Agent is out here being able to cause mass destruction, boosting its already stupendous Attack AND its Speed. Stone Edge is swappable for Fire Fang to easily beat Ferrothorn.

:cyclizar:
Undercover Agent Cyclizar is on a misson to provide its team with premier substitutes and hazard removal. While also being able to nuke any Scizors and Ferros with Overheat and Knock Off crucial items.

------------------------------------

Roughly enough, if you are able to pivot properly, even fairies like :tapu-Lele: aren't a problem, however if given the chance it can get very out of hand. :Kingambit: is also a big problem if Kommo-o is eliminated. However I feel like for the style I was approaching, the team is quite good and I hope you all enjoy.

Good Night!
Peap’s Screentail

"Dragons" but They're Actually Steel

:sv/grimmsnarl: :sm/cyclizar: :bw/latios: :bw/magnezone: :sv/baxcalibur: :sv/iron valiant:

Drawing on a number of broken elements in the metagame, I created a Shed Tail + Screens hyper offense with three Tera Steel users that did well into mid-1800s.
  1. :grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl sets screens and is EVed to get 2hkod by Mega Diance Moonblast only 10% of the time
  2. :cyclizar: Scarf Cyclizar spins to free up Baxcalibur who is NOT BOOTS, and almost always finds space to Shed Tail under screens. The sheer speed is also useful for revenging Walking Wake and other frail sweepers in a pinch. I find the Pokemon overpowering as it gives so much momentum to the setup sweeper of your choice.
  3. :latios: Tera Steel Weakness Policy Latios is a demonic set against Sun, Rain, and opposing HO. It is the rare Special sweeper that sets up on Clodsire via Calm Mind, Agility, and Stored Power. I usually bring Latios in the early game. However, a case for Substitute + Aura Sphere Mega Latios can be made for this slot to have a better 50/50 against Kingambit, at the cost of a worse Infiltrator Dragapult matchup. Agility is actually quite useful against weather speedsters and opposing +1 Speed Iron Valiant, but I did lose to a Jolly max Speed Hawlucha.
  4. :magnezone: Magnezone is often a pivot. With Leftovers, Substitute and Toxic it annoys Toxapex and of course opposing Steel types like Kingambit. As R8 mentioned, Toxic is very useful for limiting the lifespan of opposing setup sweepers like Volcarona. Oddly enough, Magnezone also demolishes Hippo + Skarm cores.
  5. :baxcalibur: Baxcalibur should increase in the viability rankings; it's everything we wanted Kyu-B to be. Its damage output, more than adequate speed post a Dragon Dance, excellent STABs, and solid bulk combined with Tera Steel ensure it almost always trades 1-2 mons with the opponent. Loaded Dice is an excellent item, giving it a STAB 100-125 BP Ice-type move with a decent chance to crit. At +1 it also has a chance to OHKO a Normal-type Dragonite from full. Unboosted, it forces Dondozo to come in and Rest.
  6. :iron valiant: Iron Valiant as a Steel type is terrifying. Luring in Mega Scizor then using it as a setup opportunity, Iron Valiant excels at being difficult to revenge due to its excellent Speed tier combined with Booster Energy. Spirit Break OHKOs Lele at +2, Zamazenta falls to CC, Gholdengo dies to Knock Off, and even Volcarona succumbs to Spirit Break + Knock Off. However, Static and Flame Body users do make Iron Valiant's prowess more rng-dependent. Otherwise, it is an opposing Dragon-type check that often steals momentum from +1 speed/Scarfed opponents.

As one can imagine, this team struggles with priority and Tera Dark Kingambit revenges half the team when screens are down, hence the necessity of Iron Valiant. After losing this game to Chris who brought Fake Out, Ice Shard, and Extreme Speed for priority (did I mention Twave Rachi?), I changed my own Baxcalibur to Tera Steel to withstand revenger killers better.

Wins:
Against the Hippo + Skarm trend
Walking Wake Sun
Sand Rush Zolt
Rain
Valiant Turns the Tables on Mega Scizor
Valiant Booster Energies Mega Lopunny
Electric Spam
why is this guy using the same team from gen 8 natdex
Clod + Skeledirge Balance

Losses:
Whirlwind Zapdos
Brick Break Kingambit
NP Dhengo
Webs
Scarf Ninetales-Alola
Trick Room
Lots of Priority
Like Mega Pinsir

thanks for reading
yes or no my dude’s Alolan Egg + Dragalge Trick Room

DRAG MAG TRICK ROOM
Built this team with primarily alolan egg in mind. Started with regidrago over dragalge and alolan marowak over cress. Unsurprisingly, the first draft was shit.

After tweaking sets a lot this is the combination I came up with:

:exeggutor-alola: Sashed alolan egg put in a surprising amount of work, due to people underestimating its power and also, sash. It has great coverage and is able to combat offensive threats extremely well
:Magnezone: mag does mag things, traps mons and kills them. Specs is a good power boost that can help with dealing with annoying set up mons
:Dragalge: This mon is slept on. Adaptability with poison dragon and such good coverage makes it insanely hard to switch into, and leads to a lot of prediction wars that place momentum in your favor. It is also decently bulky.
:Hatterene: Does hat things on tr, anti hazards
:Kommo-o: late game sweeper, semi gambit counter
:Cresselia: Again does tr things, difference between this and regular trick room is it is an insanely useful pivot, as nothing else can really switch in to the likes of tusk and lop.

Team is destroyed by volcarona and stall, as well as the blobs. There is room to outplay most other things.

Tested against ladder until I got 5 wins in a row :> probably not the best metric. Tested around 1700s
ChrisPBacon’s Mega Chomp

:ss/magnezone: :ss/dragapult: :ss/dragonite: :ss/garchomp-mega: :ss/baxcalibur: :ss/jirachi:

click on mons for link

break with bax and pult and mchomp and then try clean with dnite
zone is sub electrium to reliablyish trap gambit
jirachi is unironically kinda fire on this team, twave slows down a lot of annoying shit like lele pult and lop esp with tera fairy
evs on rachi live 2 ccs from lop

dont load into walking wake
this team sucks
Mamoo’s Specs Salamence

Enter the Dragons! : Specs Salamence DragMag

:sv/magnezone: :sv/garchomp: :sv/scizor-mega: :sv/dragonite: :sv/Tapu Lele: :sv/salamence:

DragMag is always a fun archetype to mess around with. It's cool to see all the different variations & creativity being displayed from everyone :{D

TankChomp sets up hazards then dragon tails to rack up chip or phase out potential dangerous set-up sweepers. Toxic is a strong option over dual hazards to put things like Landorus-Therian, Rotom-Wash & Zapdos on a timer.
Magnezone traps the pesky steel types & allows the dragons to spam their STAB moves. Outspeeds standard defensive Mega-Scizor & has enough Defense to OHKO Kingambit after rocks with Expert Belt Body Press.
Mega-Scizor is the team's Tapu Lele check & can stomach a hit from Mega Lopunny & Iron Valiant if needed. It's also one of the more solid wincons in the tier.
Dragonite becomes one of the most fearsome sweepers with access to Tera Normal Extreme Speed.
Scarf Tapu Lele is one of the better late game cleaners. It provides the team with good speed control & is able to revenge kill threats such as Mega-Lopunny.
Salamence is one of my favourite competitive pokemon & can be a sneaky strong breaker. Tera Steel is an emergency check to the fairy types & to get potentially crucial damage off on them.
The Holy Quadrinity of missable moves will certainly cause you to lose games at crucial moments, but my counter-argument is "What's even the point of playing competitive mons if you're not constantly contemplating throwing your PC out the window?" x{P
The unpredictable nature & being on the edge of my seat every turn of a game, not knowing who's gonna win. That's the magic that makes the game exciting :{D

Test the team out yourselves & most importantly have fun, because that's what Pokemon is all about :{D

Last edited:

Boomenheimer

formerly 2020 idm boomer
is a Tiering Contributor
Voting for my young professional yes or no my dude’s trick room swag but plz change the kommo-o to physical or mixed sweeper so I don’t get cooked by Chansey

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)