Project National Dex OU Matchmaking (discontinued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milo

I'm Your Man
is a Community Contributor
Congratulations to Oculars for winning this week of Matchmaking! Fun set!

This week the mon you will need to pair with will be Tapu Lele!

:ss/tapu-lele:

Who will win this week? Submissions end Friday!

:ss/gallade-mega:
Gallade-Mega (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Zen Headbutt
- Triple Axel
- Close Combat

tapu lele struggle to break heatran,tyranitar,ferrothorn,chansey and melmetal. This when m-gallade come to rescue, it would help beat all those mon. M-gallade also benefit from psychic terrain. It enables m-gallade to ohko max def toxapex and 2ohko clefable.

calc:
252 Atk Gallade-Mega Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Toxapex in Psychic Terrain: 324-384 (106.5 - 126.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Gallade-Mega Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable in Psychic Terrain: 205-243 (52 - 61.6%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
Ahem…hold my beer.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Zapdos-Galar @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stomping Tantrum

So we all know fighting fairy is a great type combo offensively. We all know tapu lele is a gigantic threat. We all know it can’t break heatran chansey and bulky psychics all that well. You know what hard beats two of those and beats the most common of the other one, Gapdos. This pairing is insane Gapdos drags in things like pex and corv one of which lele beats and the other Gapdos 2hkos allow lele to spam psychic moves more freely. All the fighting/flying resists in the meta hate to take lele’s psychics/moonblasts and all the psychic/fairy resists in the meta hate to take Gapdos’ brave birds/close combats. Gapdos also helps get in lele by pivoting into it with uturn.

I have been using this combo forever and it absolutely demolishes teams.

since there is no specific set for lele, i am gonna suppose it is the scarf set because it is the most used set.
Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast

here is the partner i am going to choose

Weavile (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Low Kick

banded low kick weavile helps scarf lele by killing ttar, victini, tran, bliss, glowking, other lele's and slowbro which are all mons that scarf lele struggle with (also low kick because ice shard might be blocked by psychic terrain and scarf lele could help kill faster mons), in return, lele helps with faster mons, help block scizor's bullet punch and kill it with hp fire, chip/kill clefable, melm, pex and ferro. a mon that could be used with core would be zone who could deal with the steels who annoy this core.

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Voting time!

:gallade-mega: by Adib10
:ss/gallade-mega:
Gallade-Mega (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Zen Headbutt
- Triple Axel
- Close Combat

tapu lele struggle to break heatran,tyranitar,ferrothorn,chansey and melmetal. This when m-gallade come to rescue, it would help beat all those mon. M-gallade also benefit from psychic terrain. It enables m-gallade to ohko max def toxapex and 2ohko clefable.

calc:
252 Atk Gallade-Mega Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Toxapex in Psychic Terrain: 324-384 (106.5 - 126.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Gallade-Mega Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable in Psychic Terrain: 205-243 (52 - 61.6%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
:zapdos-galar: by BugGoBrrrrrr
Ahem…hold my beer.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Zapdos-Galar @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stomping Tantrum

So we all know fighting fairy is a great type combo offensively. We all know tapu lele is a gigantic threat. We all know it can’t break heatran chansey and bulky psychics all that well. You know what hard beats two of those and beats the most common of the other one, Gapdos. This pairing is insane Gapdos drags in things like pex and corv one of which lele beats and the other Gapdos 2hkos allow lele to spam psychic moves more freely. All the fighting/flying resists in the meta hate to take lele’s psychics/moonblasts and all the psychic/fairy resists in the meta hate to take Gapdos’ brave birds/close combats. Gapdos also helps get in lele by pivoting into it with uturn.

I have been using this combo forever and it absolutely demolishes teams.
:weavile: by Triton_da_g.o.a.t
since there is no specific set for lele, i am gonna suppose it is the scarf set because it is the most used set.
Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast

here is the partner i am going to choose

Weavile (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Low Kick

banded low kick weavile helps scarf lele by killing ttar, victini, tran, bliss, glowking, other lele's and slowbro which are all mons that scarf lele struggle with (also low kick because ice shard might be blocked by psychic terrain and scarf lele could help kill faster mons), in return, lele helps with faster mons, help block scizor's bullet punch and kill it with hp fire, chip/kill clefable, melm, pex and ferro. a mon that could be used with core would be zone who could deal with the steels who annoy this core.
Voting will end when Tyler desires

:ss/volcanion:
Volcanion @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power

Volcanion can switch into bullet punch from mega scizor ,water moves from Pokémon like ash greninja and in return mega diancie magic bounce ability prevent hazard which help volcanion as volcanion really weak to hazard

Last edited:
i will suppose that this is mega diancie's set

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Mystical Fire
- Diamond Storm

here is the partner i am gonna choose

Rillaboom (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Superpower

sd rilla helps mega diancie with killing mons that are faster than mega diancie such as mega-lop, gren, koko (koko has to be in the field before rilla switches in), weavile, exca and mega pert on their respective weather, also grassy terrain helps mega diancie stay or switch on eq's, and after an sd rilla could kill pex and mega sciz after some chip, in return mega diancie could kill faster gglide resists such as zapdos, rona, mega zard y, hydre, and more (also it can kill lele so rilla's gglide won't lose its priority).

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
voting time!

:volcanion: by Adib10
:ss/volcanion:
Volcanion @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power

Volcanion can switch into bullet punch from mega scizor ,water moves from Pokémon like ash greninja and in return mega diancie magic bounce ability prevent hazard which help volcanion as volcanion really weak to hazard
:rillaboom: by Triton_da_g.o.a.t
i will suppose that this is mega diancie's set

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Mystical Fire
- Diamond Storm

here is the partner i am gonna choose

Rillaboom (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Superpower

sd rilla helps mega diancie with killing mons that are faster than mega diancie such as mega-lop, gren, koko (koko has to be in the field before rilla switches in), weavile, exca and mega pert on their respective weather, also grassy terrain helps mega diancie stay or switch on eq's, and after an sd rilla could kill pex and mega sciz after some chip, in return mega diancie could kill faster gglide resists such as zapdos, rona, mega zard y, hydre, and more (also it can kill lele so rilla's gglide won't lose its priority).
Voting will end whenever Tyler desires

Milo

I'm Your Man
is a Community Contributor
Congratulations to Adib10 for winning this week!

Our mon this week will be Dragapult in light of it's current suspect test!

:ss/dragapult:

Have fun with this submission! Ends Friday!

ChrisPBacon

idola deus
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis the defending SM Circuit Champion
:mawile-mega:

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Focus Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Play Rough

Specs pult in particular can struggle vs the likes of ttar and weavile, but a u-turn into 4a mawile can often result in a free kill, as the dark types are terrified of it. Furthermore, mawile helps break holes in general against defensive teams in order for shadow ball to clean late-game

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)