Hello party people, the National Dex council has decided to suspect test Genesect.
funbot chose the song I swear I had nothing to do with it
Even with Dugtrio no longer in the metagame, Genesect has continued to be an extremely oppressive threat in the meta and has been shown to have very few reliable counterplay options due to its multitude of viable sets. Whilst Dugtrio supported it by removing its best defensive answer, Heatran, other Pokemon such as Zygarde, Mega Tyranitar, and Hydreigon have become common partners for Genesect in its place. These Pokemon also have the added benefit of abusing Rotom-Heat on top of this, which is a Pokemon seeing a rise in usage partially due to its ability to act as a solid check to Genesect. Despite these Pokemon being solid checks to Genesect in a vacuum, they often lose to it in the longterm due to Genesect's ability to U-turn on them freely and the fact that neither have reliable recovery.
Whilst there are plenty of common Pokemon that can take a hit from Genesect, there are very few that can switch into it and threaten it out as well as these two mentioned making it extremely difficult to both prepare for in the teambuilder, and play around in practice. On top of this, Genesect's ability to run a multitude of viable sets, ranging from Choice Scarf and Expert Belt to the less common Douse Drive and Shift Gear, and even niche sets such as Choice Specs and Choice Band further add to the pressure it exerts when preparing teams as all of them have different checks. On top of this, Genesect becomes increasingly difficult to deal with should it get the right Download boost for whichever set it is running and can often easily sweep if it gets the corresponding boost. This is most obviously exhibited on its Expert Belt set, where its versatile coverage options have the ability to break through the majority of the tier when it does get a Special Attack boost. All of this combines to make Genesect an extremely versatile and overbearing threat that warrants being suspect tested.
- Genesect will be allowed on the ladder. The suspect will last for approximately 2 weeks, meaning that it will end on February 18th 11:59pm EST.
- You must signup with a newly registered account on Pokemon Showdown! that begins with the appropriate prefix for the suspect test. For this suspect test, the prefix will be NXGEN. For example, I might signup with the ladder account NXGEN Jho.
- Reqs can be achieved by getting 79 GXE with 35 or more games on the National Dex OU ladder. Reqs can also be given to finalists of room tours which will be announced shortly upon specific dates so keep attention to that.
- Once you achieve reqs, post the requirements in this thread (a screenshot of the accounts GXE and amount of ladder games with proof of account ownership). Voting will be taking place in a separate thread, therefore it is not required to post your votes in here.
- A ban vote of 60% majority will be required to ban Genesect
- Remember to keep discussion civil and stay on topic! Posts will be moderated heavily here so please try to follow the guidelines in order to avoid post deletion or possible infraction.
Tagging The Immortal in order to update suspect alert for ladder games.
Last edited by a moderator: