Resource National Dex Viability Rankings

or the rare DD Lele
dragon dance tapu lele sounds fire af

what's the general consensus with kingambit? SV OU shows it's already a threat and a half w/out knock off and pursuit, but with them, it's much, MUCH better, ESPECIALLY with tera still legal. I feel like it should be in S-Rank since, to me, it's on par if not better than torn-t and pult. Has great set(CB, SD w/ black glasses, leftovers, or boots, both sets become even better with most types that resist/immune to fighting) and item variety and helps keep many mons, especially pult, in check.

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
:charizard-mega-x: B to C:

This thing is like mainly outclassed on HO by Mega Gyarados. It takes rocks damage, is walled by tera grass Heatran, is abused by rain, Landorus-T, and struggles to get multiple DDs off in most games. I haven't seen much use for this mon apart from fishing for and baiting Tera Grass Tran for something like Swarm Volcarona.

:gyarados-mega: B to B+/A-:

I genuinely think most HO teams need something like this. It abuses all the fat mons in the tier with Taunt 2a DD sets, it has great typing to pressure common mons bc of a ground immunity (so it pairs well w Koko screens), resists Kingambit's Sucker Punch, and pressures Unaware Pokemon for teammates like Volcarona and Kingambit.

sealoo

PaulGod
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Collected my thoughts recently and gonna echo some previous sentiments ive had on vr

Rises

1680292897884.png

Gliscor
C -> B
Whenever I've used Glisc, this thing has done gods work. Defogger with consistent recovery that consistently beats Heatran. Incredibly hard to switch-in to EQ + Toxic coverage and has unreal staying power. Once this thing is on the field, you really are only getting it out with a Toxic'd Water- or Ice-type. Great mon and C is not warranted at all.

1680293021105.png

Mega Lopunny
A+ -> S-

Frank's Red Hot of mons, you can put this shit on everything. Speed control for fat, great prio user, incredibly hard to consistently answer throughout a game, almost always washes offense. Not much to be said that hasn't been said already, this mon is great and should rise to reflect that.

1680293146914.png

Kingambit
A+ -> S

i see no reason Gambit shouldn't be S, top 2 in the tier, debatably top 1 depending on who you ask. Owns most Pult and Ghold sets and evaporates most the tier at +2.

1680293651952.png

Tapu Lele
A -> A+

specs Lele clicks buttons, but i mainly want to talk about scarf. Lele is the best scarfer in the tier and cleans up endgames so easily. run this thing with a Gambit for Ghold and everything is bbq chicken. The Hell Shell cannot be stopped.

1680293808006.png

Landorus-T
A -> A+

This may change with a potential Zama ban looming, but even without Zama, Landorus-T is so incredibly valuable for offense. Great pivot, spreads tox well, effective tera user with water, and checks a myriad of pokemon. Serves as a rocker or fogger depending on what you need and is good at both, probably the most slappable mon out there for offense. As I mentioned earlier, great Zama check which is very crucial for offense to not get blown up. It soft-checks MLop but gets worn down really quickly so I wouldn't say its a great answer.

:sv/garganacl:
Garganacl

A- -> A
i weep when i see this thing on preview, should definitely be bumped up. really a pain on the builder and always has to be accounted for lest you stare down at +6 Garganacl and click X.

1680294335801.png

Volcarona
A- -> A

what is bro doing down here??? this mon is easily A and always threatening to blow ur entire team away after one QD, also really gross tera abuser. definitely needs to rise!

:sv/walking-wake:
Walking Wake
B -> A

very obviously gonna get a huge bump, but ill keep it brief. this thing is really messed up and insanely difficult to sw/i to and should be moved up to A/A+ range.

1680295199350.png

Skarmory
C -> B

wherever Buzzwole goes, Skarmory should also go. Skarmory is Buzzwole that can afford to run Helmet and gets Spikes with the trade-off being less raw physical bulk. just see no reason he should be two whole tiers below Buzzwole.

:SV/BAXCALIBUR:

Baxcalibur
C -> B

they did my man dirty with the C placement, Bax is honestly really cool and threatens a LOT of team structures with its STAB combo + EQ. it has to deal with the pitiful Ice defensive typing, but it serves it well on the offensive end, not worrying about Landorus-T and Great Tusk. Defensive MSciz, which should easily beat it, loses to Tera Ground and Tera Steel without CC, while Thermal Exchange also is incredible for a DD sweeper, stonewalling Rotom-W and not fearing burns from Slowbro or Toxapex.

Drops (this thread is mad long so these will be brief)

:tapu-koko: A -> B+
koko is fine and a good facilitator, but in no universe is this mon A, A- at MOST. Just does not bring enough firepower or defensive utility to warrant A ngl

:clodsire: B+ -> B
i am not vehemently against Clod as compared to some of my friends, but i dont think he deserves B+. Provides some nice defensive utility but he is probably more fitting of B, just too exposable by things it is trying to check. If you use this mon, please start using PJab over Toxic if you dont already...

:tyranitar-mega: B+ -> B
maybe i just dont see it man, but i really dont think mtar is that good atm. its main targets, specs Pult and Torn-T, just uturn on it for free. mtar can set rocks, but not particularly well as it loses to common hazard removal options such as Rotom-W, Landorus-T, and Great Tusk. My trapper losing to Gholdengo is not ideal...

Overall, VR pretty solid rn!

Kingambit for S-
:kingambit:
Kingambit has shown solid, stable, and reliable viability since the start of the Metagame. With its amazing abilities, massive attack stat, and bulk it’s proven to be one of the best mons. At this very moment I would say it’s the best. Proving to be overwhelming for even the likes of Garganacl and pex, its viability is well deserve of at least s-. Each set of kingambit’s is notably good play through long term and across multiple teams and baffles.
+2 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 1 ally fainted Kingambit Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 219-258 (72 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Kingambit’s list of OHKOs notably grows larger than normally seen in Gen 8;
+6 252+ Atk Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lopunny-Mega: 271-320 (100 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO
A max attack boosted Kingambit (no Allies lost) can OHKO a Mega Lopunny.

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
Kingambit for S-
:kingambit:
Kingambit has shown solid, stable, and reliable viability since the start of the Metagame. With its amazing abilities, massive attack stat, and bulk it’s proven to be one of the best mons. At this very moment I would say it’s the best. Proving to be overwhelming for even the likes of Garganacl and pex, its viability is well deserve of at least s-. Each set of kingambit’s is notably good play through long term and across multiple teams and baffles.
+2 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 1 ally fainted Kingambit Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 219-258 (72 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Kingambit’s list of OHKOs notably grows larger than normally seen in Gen 8;
+6 252+ Atk Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lopunny-Mega: 271-320 (100 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO
A max attack boosted Kingambit (no Allies lost) can OHKO a Mega Lopunny.
Okay any support for gambit is appreciated but here’s a more relevant calc v lop:

+2 252+ Atk Black Glasses Tera Dark Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lopunny-Mega: 218-257 (80.4 - 94.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

:Kingambit: for S!

I am nominating :cresselia: from UR to A-

Yes, I do think this Pokemon is broken. Its defenses are almost unparalleled in the tier, being almost as bulky as Our Lord Arceus [it has 120/110/120 defenses compared to Arceus's 120/120/120]. Using this massive bulk, it runs a brutal Stored Power set with Tera Poison or a different Tera of the reader's choice, though Tera Poison is optimal in my opinion to only be weak to Psychic as well as being immune to Toxic.

Many Pokemon simply cannot damage Cresselia enough to hinder its attempts at setting up. Common utility Pokemon like Great Tusk and many variants of Defog Tornadus-Therian literally cannot do anything to Cresselia other than Knock Off its item, while Cresselia is able to spam Calm Mind to high heaven and proceed to sweep. Its bulk also allows it to take many hits once, such as an unboosted Never-ending Nightmare from Dragapult, and its defensive typing after Terastallisation also makes it able to blank many physical attackers, such as Zamazenta, which some believe to be broken.

Cresselia's weaknesses are few and far between. At times, Cresselia does fish for matchups, having quite a hard time against status inducers and Haze, like Toxapex. It also needs an opportunity to set up, which one may struggle to find. However, these problems can be mitigated by team support, such as using Cresselia as a win-condition in fat teams, or even [like I am currently experimenting] using it on Hyper Offense with an Electric Seed to increase its physical bulk.

Lastly, here are some replays to show you how game-winning Cresselia can be.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1834333254-h33ni4jql6js5fau6ain07ra4e1kg2tpw: Cresselia wins this match on matchup; it gets one chance to set up and then becomes unstoppable.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1834335782-766ot7mr7jy435x0za1mar1ueggyo0ppw [against an 1800!]: With an Electric Seed attached, Victini's V-Create doesn't even break her sub, and she proceeds to win against a host of powerful sweepers, which even under sun cannot face Cresselia.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1834354074-vig7k0x8ni8orzwb4vlpklaakh2c4sfpw: Cresselia uses a Great Tusk attempting to remove hazards as opportunity, using it to set up and win the game.

Last edited:

Kyo

In Limbo
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
National Dex Leader
Viability Rankings

Welcome to the first edition of the Generation 9 National Dex Viability Rankings! In this thread, we as a community, overlooked by a unique council, will attempt to rank every viable Pokemon in various ranks. Please be encouraged to post your thoughts on the viability of Pokemon in this thread!

Ranks

Pokemon will be ranked in descending order; there is no divide in viability inbetween ranks. There is no differentiation in offensive and defensive Pokemon. Toxapex may be A+ for its defensive utility, while Hydreigon may be A+ for its capabilities as a wallbreaker.

VR Council

The VR Council is made up of respected and active users in National Dex. They will have the final say on where Pokemon get ranked. Here is the current VR Council:

S Rank

S

:dragapult: Dragapult
:Tornadus-therian: Tornadus-Therian

A Rank

A+
:gholdengo:Gholdengo
:heatran: Heatran
:kingambit: Kingambit
:lopunny-mega:Lopunny-Mega
:zamazenta:Zamazenta

A
:annihilape: Annihilape
:ferrothorn: Ferrothorn
:garchomp: Garchomp
:great tusk:Great Tusk
:iron valiant: Iron Valiant
:Landorus-Therian: Landorus-Therian
:scizor-mega: Scizor-Mega
:tapu koko: Tapu Koko
:tapu lele: Tapu Lele

A-
:charizard-mega-y:Charizard-Mega-Y
:dragonite: Dragonite
:garganacl: Garganacl
:pelipper: Pelipper
:rotom-wash: Rotom-Wash
:swampert-mega: Swampert-Mega
:urshifu-rapid-strike: Urshifu-RS
:volcarona: Volcarona
:weavile: Weavile

B Rank

B+

:barraskewda:Barraskewda
:clodsire:Clodsire
:cyclizar: Cyclizar
:diancie-mega: Diancie-Mega
:gastrodon: Gastrodon
:kartana: Kartana
:medicham-mega: Medicham-Mega
:skeledirge: Skeledirge
:ting-lu: Ting-Lu
:toxapex: Toxapex
:tyranitar-mega: Tyranitar-Mega

B
:buzzwole: Buzzwole
:charizard-mega-x: Charizard-Mega-X
:floatzel: Floatzel
:gyarados-mega: Gyarados-Mega
:hawlucha: Hawlucha
:hippowdon: Hippowdon
:iron hands: Iron Hands
:mawile-mega: Mawile-Mega
:slowbro: Slowbro
:tangrowth: Tangrowth
:victini: Victini
:walking wake: Walking Wake
:zapdos: Zapdos

B-
:chansey: Chansey
:cinderace: Cinderace
:clefable: Clefable
:Corviknight: Corviknight
:excadrill: Excadrill
:glimmora: Glimmora
:greninja: Greninja
:grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl
:hydreigon: Hydreigon
:iron moth: Iron Moth
:kyurem: Kyurem
:rillaboom: Rillaboom
:serperior: Serperior
:skarmory: Skarmory
:tapu fini: Tapu Fini
:manaphy: Manaphy

C Rank

C

:amoonguss: Amoonguss
:arctozolt: Arctozolt
:baxcalibur: Baxcalibur
:blissey: Blissey
:dondozo: Dondozo
:garchomp-mega: Garchomp-Mega
:gliscor: Gliscor
:iron jugulis: Iron Jugulis
:iron treads: Iron Treads
:kingdra: Kingdra
:latias-mega: Latias-Mega
:magnezone: Magnezone
:sandy shocks: Sandy Shocks
:slither wing: Slither Wing
:slowking: Slowking
:slowking-galar: Slowking-Galar
:tapu-bulu: Tapu Bulu
:tyranitar: Tyranitar
:zoroark-hisui: Zoroark-Hisui

Guidelines

There are some guidelines to keep in mind before posting here. We want to foster intelligent discussion, not unfounded arguments. Please keep these things in mind:
  • Posts like "I think X Pokemon should be in Y Rank" will be deleted; make sure to back your opinion with facts and an actual analysis of the metagame.
  • Adding onto the above, I would simply like to point out that, while usage stats may be used to support your argument, they should not be the basis of your argument. Saying something along the lines of "X Pokemon is not used often, so it should drop" or "X Pokemon is used very often, but it isn't ranked very high, it should rise" are not valid arguments.
  • You shouldn't merely state the obvious things either. We know that Galarian Darmanitan has access to a very strong STAB Icicle Crash combined with good coverage options. We are far more interested in knowing what meta trends may favor Galarian Darmanitan.
  • Replays are mandatory to support a nomination if a Pokemon is Unranked.
  • This is not the place for personal attacks. Not everyone agrees on the viability of Pokemon, and that is no reason to attack them. Any posts that do attack users will be swiftly deleted and met with an infraction.
  • This is not the thread to talk about suspect tests. One liners also have no place here. Both will be deleted and may be met with an infraction on repeated offense.

Finally, a long awaited VR update. We had a bit of a rough start with determining VR placement. Now that the metagame has had time to develop, we hope that this will more accurately represent the true top mons in the tier.

Code:
Rises
Pikachu UR -> S
Ash Greninja UR -> S
Talonflame UR -> S
Goodra UR -> S
Noivern UR -> S
Hawlucha B -> S

Drops
Dragapult S -> Deleted
Tornadus-Therian S -> UR
Gholdengo A+ -> UR
Heatran A+ -> UR
Kingambit A+ -> UR
Lopunny-Mega A+ -> UR
Zamazenta A+ -> UR
Reasoning

:pikachu: Pikachu is Ash's lifelong companion, and as we all know, there's nothing stronger than the power of friendship. Recent metagame trends indicate that many players find winning with their favorites a more effective strategy than skill-less stall, and the VR council hopes that this new ranking will reflect that.

:Greninja-Ash: This mon is so cool. I used to like Greninja because it mirrored my dark, edgy inner spirit. After X and Y released, I thought to myself, "There's no way Nintendo will come up with a better design. This is peak. It's all downhill from here." but boy was I wrong. S rank it immediately.

:Talonflame: Appropriately nicknamed the Smogon Bird, this is a truly iconic mon for the competitive scene. I was distraught when I learned that gale wings had been nerfed in Gen 7. What an insult! For years I've suffered in silence while planning my revenge. Now that those fools in the Nat Dex community have made me Tier Leader, I am exerting my authority to revert the changes made to gale wings. I hope you like priority brave birds.

:goodra: Some people think competitive mons is so complicated, but that's not true. All you need to do is use the funny mon with a big stat number because big numbers are good. I hear if you give this mon an assault vest, it has 657 Sp Def. That's a bigger number than anything I learned in school, so I'm pretty sure this mon is good.

:noivern: I used to have a picture of Noivern as my Gmail profile image. That pic went really hard and Noivern goes hard in Nat Dex so I've decided it should be S rank. I don't care if you don't like it.

:hawlucha: What can I say? I'm a big wrestling fan.

:dragapult: Tiering in Nat Dex is exhausting. To ease the burden on our council, I'm taking a page out of Nintendo's book. Instead of unranking Dragapult, we will be deleting it from PS! entirely. Look forward to National National Dex in Gen 10.

:Tornadus-therian: This mon is so ugly. Every day I load up PS! and there it is, staring me in the face. I can't stand it anymore. I refuse to let this overgrown pigeon represent Nat Dex any longer. I know you guys only know how to build teams based off of VR placement. I'm unranking this mon, so stop using it!

:Gholdengo: Gholdengo has unfortunately fallen from relevance with the rise in mold breaker defog Hawlucha. Seeing as we are S ranking Hawlucha in this update, I think it's only appropriate that Gholdengo's ranking drops in accordance.

:Heatran: Wakey, wakey, eggs and earthquakey. Are you seriously having trouble with this mon? Don't you know that mons with a 4x weakness can't be good?

:Kingambit: 252+ Atk Life Orb Abra Focus Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kingambit: 312-369 (91.4 - 108.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

:lopunny-mega: The current metagame climate is quite hostile to Mega Lopunny. One of the major shortcomings is that this mon can be completely walled by ghost types and struggles with intimidate from Landorus-Therian. The Smogon strategy dex told me to use frustration on my set, but every time I use it, I can only deal 1% damage. This mega is clearly overhyped, and the VR ranking will be changed to reflect that.

:Zamazenta: I just got back from the vet, we had Zama neutered. The current suspect ladder will remain for 24 hours after which we will be cancelling our Zamazenta suspect test.

Last edited:

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:sv/eiscue:
UR -> A+

With Hail and Snowscape, this turns into a Pokemon that can easily exploit rampant physical attackers like Pikachu, Hawlucha, Talonflame, and Maushold. The defensive utility it offers as an Ice-type is stupendous as well, letting it safely take Greninja's Protean Ice Beam. It is the Pokemon of all time right now, and needs to be ranked ASAP to show its immense grip of the metagame.

This video shows Eiscue ravaging the hard trials of 1200s ladder, proving its immense defensive utility.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1833677981-9ebajpc7rwq572ol6d1qlcr9tpq8fnnpw
This replay shows a dirty noob getting put in his place by Eiscue, supporting it even further.

Nom it ASAP!

Last edited:

seth

the mint
is a Tiering Contributor
UR -> A+

With Hail and Snowscape, this turns into a Pokemon that can easily exploit rampant physical attackers like Pikachu, Hawlucha, Talonflame, and Maushold. The defensive utility it offers as an Ice-type is stupendous as well, letting it safely take Greninja's Protean Ice Beam. It is the Pokemon of all time right now, and needs to be ranked ASAP to show its immense grip of the metagame.

This video shows Eiscue ravaging the hard trials of 1200s ladder, proving its immense defensive utility.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1833677981-9ebajpc7rwq572ol6d1qlcr9tpq8fnnpw
This replay shows a dirty noob getting put in his place by Eiscue, supporting it even further.

Nom it ASAP!
it shouldnt Work If you check: hail and snow are different weather means hail + snow exist in Nat dex thats Not a Problem but all abilityies what works before with hail is changed into snow ice face says LITERALLY that activate in Snow means hail is now a different weather that it shouldnt activate the effects of now ability what triggers by snow but thats smogon fault If you would programm hail into SV (Cracked one) IT wouldnt activate the effects of These Hope smogon fix it

sealoo

PaulGod
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I think I speak for all National Dex players when I say PokeaimMD should be on the council.

Unlike the current council, PokeaimMD has much more competitive experience and is objectively better. With the clear demonstration of knowledge through the debate of Hail and Snow (honestly thought i was watching Socrates and Plato debate each other) It can be concluded that we need to rid ourselves of our current council and instead worship our OU deities, who will hopefully work to make this a serious tier instead of a borderline PetMod. Thank you.
UR -> A+

Nom it ASAP!

I think I speak for all National Dex players when I say PokeaimMD should be on the council.

Unlike the current council, PokeaimMD has much more competitive experience and is objectively better. With the clear demonstration of knowledge through the debate of Hail and Snow (honestly thought i was watching Socrates and Plato debate each other) It can be concluded that we need to rid ourselves of our current council and instead worship our OU deities, who will hopefully work to make this a serious tier instead of a borderline PetMod. Thank you.
Tag him coward!

Sulo

the blade i hold
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Team Rater Alumnus
National Dex Leader

Heavily agree with this sentiment. aim is basically the face of National Dex ATM, having tons of tournament success and is an amazing contributor as well. If he were on council, all the issues regarding the meta would be immediately solved (Mega Beedrill is still allowed??? Stall is running rampant??? who leads this tier dude LOL).

I would to do some honorable mentions as well myself:
Rises:
UR->S:woop::woop::woop:
:charizard: no, not mega x nor mega y, Base Charizard has proven to be godlike this gen of natdex. It's choice specs sun boosted solar power Flamethrower are so strong, you are going to need an immunity to not be obliterated by it, and even Heatran, Ceruledge or Armarouge aren't safe either, since they are destroyed by Scorching Sands. Plus the addition of Teras means that Charizard can now use Tera Fire to 1, nutter it's quad Stealth Rock weakness, the ONLY thing hopding it back, and 2, makes it already stoopid Firepower ever deadlier. Just look at the damage it does to a Max HP AND Max Spdef Blissey.

252 SpA Choice Specs Solar Power Tera Fire Charizard Overheat vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey in Sun: 494-582 (69.1 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Like yeah, regular charizard has proven to be so strong, it outclassed both of its megas, and the best of all, it doesn't waste the mega slot.

UR -> S:woop::woop::woop:
:flygon: Many people believed that Garchomp was superior then it. However, they have completetly forgotten that Flygon gets a move Garchomp has always dreamed up, Dragon Dance. Now Garchomp Sadly can no longer keep up with Flygon, aa Garchomp can't make up for its speed reliably, oh what, are you gonna use Scale Shot? Fairy Types are everywhere, and that also makes is more fragile as well. And even mega Garchomp isn't worth it, since its slower AND wastes a megaslot as well. Plus, Flygon has Levitate, avioding the Earthquakes and Earth Powers that are always being spammed, even Garchomp's.

UR -> S:woop::woop::woop:
:absol-mega: Mega absol has been slept on because of the new toy syndrome, However ojce Kingambit and Tyranitar were considered to not be good due to their quad fighting weakness, Mega Absol rose in rankings as the new pursuitter. And with Magic Bounce, you can denied Stealth Rock, making easier for Solar Power Sunboosted Tera Fire Choice Specs Charizard to sweep late game. Oh wait, Mega Diance has Magic Bounce? Sure, and it also has a quad weakness to Steel, which gets ruined by mons like Meega Aggron and Mega Steelix, and Mega Absol also learns Iron Tail, so it destroys Mega Diancie as well. Plus Mega Absol's movepool is great, Close Combat, Play Rough, Ice Beam, Flamethower, Swords Dance, Sucker Punch, yeah in other words, use Mega Absol over Kingambit, who doesnt lose to an Abra.

UR-> S:woop::woop::woop:
:infernape: Many were thinking iron valiant was the new Infernape of this gen, and boi were they wrong. Infernape has proven to be better cuz of a better STAB and a better attack in Flare Blitz(Seriously, Iron Valiant's best STAB is Spirit Break? And people tought it was good?) Also Iron Fist now boostes Close Combat this gen(yeah, its a hidden buff gf didn't wanted people to know) Which Iron Valiant cannot do. Oh, Blaziken, that Infernape wanabe? He is initially slow, where as Infernape is faster turn 1, and has Mach Punch to outspeed it anyways. Plus let's be real, If Infernape had Speed Boost, it would be Ubers rn, perhaps AG even.

UR -> SSS:quagchamppogsire::quagchamppogsire::quagchamppogsire:
:smeargle: I don't how is this not banned yet?:pikuh:Like come on, it learns EVERY move. Playing a Sun team? spam V-Create, struggling with Fairy types? use Gigaton Hammer? need a boost, u have Tail Glow, Fillet Away, Spicy Extract, Belly Drum, Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, Dragon Dance, Quiver Dance, Victory Dance, Geomancy, etc. He was a center piece of 2 the most broken team of all time, Baton Pass, and Revive Cats. Like yeah, just ban this already. Its so good, I had to use Quagsire emotes instead over Wooper emotes from my rankings

Last edited:
UR -> S
:maushold: ||| This thing is NOT fair. Back in my day, multi-hit moves could only hit up to five times, and this thing can hit up to ten times? That's seriously uncompetitive and broken, especially when everyone knows that better players always get the max amount of hits on less skilled players. It's not fair when everyone is able to get ten hit population bomb on me :(

A -> UR
:scizor-mega: ||| 252+ SpA Life Orb Blaze:cyndaquil:Cyndaquil Ember vs. 124 HP / 0+ SpD :scizor-mega:Scizor-Mega: 312-374 (100 - 119.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO.
I have no idea how this thing is even remotely relevant anymore when I can just click Ember.

UR -> UR but more
:heatran: ||| Oh, you thought you were safe against Cyndaquil? Thought you could just switch into a flash fire pokemon to keep Scizor safe?! Think again, you fool! 252+ SpA Life Orb Tera Ground:cyndaquil:Cyndaquil Tera Blast vs. 252 HP / 36+ SpD:heatran:Heatran: 390-458 (101 - 118.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO.

UR -> S
:furfrou: ||| Furfrou's shiny looks like my dog. My dog is a good boy :)

UR -> Ubers
:ditto:+:mew: ||| Transform is like the best move in the game. You can just change typing after clicking one move? Reminds me a lot of TERASTALIZATION. GET IT OUT OF HERE.

UR/C -> AG
:zoroark:+:zoroark-hisui: ||| Identity theft and Identity fraud is no joke, and the fact that these things can get away with it in this metagame? Not my National Dex!

EDIT: I will NOT be sharing replays because if you can't see my points being made here, you will never be a good player, and will never understand even if I shared the replays.

Last edited:
:goodra: Some people think competitive mons is so complicated, but that's not true. All you need to do is use the funny mon with a big stat number because big numbers are good. I hear if you give this mon an assault vest, it has 657 Sp Def. That's a bigger number than anything I learned in school, so I'm pretty sure this mon is good.
657 spdef? That makes Blissey and Toxapex look like PU mons. We have to make National Dex PU so people can use Landorus, Mega Lopunny and Dracovish without feeling bad.

Last edited:
Sableye-Mega and Thundurus I and T are they viable ?
Stall teams aren't common anymore because there are more powerful wallbreaker like Kingambit, Tera doesn't help stall either and recovery moves like Recover and Roost got less pp, which hurts Sableye and other staller a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
hello casual smogon enjoyer here. echoing a lot of things that have been said already update the VR! <3

Rises
Skarmory

:skarmory: B- -> B/B+
my initial reason for posting here. do note that i've just come off some reqs runs using a lot of skarm on fat teams.
the standard set w/ ID BP spikes roost can solo games all the way up to 1600s on fat teams. it's ridiculous how good this bird is even without using tera, if it has a hippo alongside it. that's probably a pretty big caveat, that skarm only really fits on a certain style of team. but the spikes pressure, walling potential, and sheer power to bonk mons with a 1/2x resist to fighting is a pretty neat package. it also switches into almost any physical attacker in the tier (RIP zardX where are you? -- but even then if sturdy is up the zard X dies from recoil + body press xd)
anyway i see this thing more than corv and there's probably a reason for it. this may also coincide with magnezone usage/viability going up.

Kingambit and Mega Lopunny
:kingambit: :lopunny-mega: A+ -> S/S+++
nothing to add on here that hasn't been said. figured i should include all my opinions at once, though (sucks to be the one reading this lol!)

Scizor-Mega and Tapu Koko
:scizor-mega: :tapu-koko: A -> A+
personally find msciz and tapu koko to be as splashable as A+ tier. incredibly good pivots.
msciz is msciz. bulky slow pivot + STAB BP. swaps into a lot of threats, pairs well with many playstyles and pokemon. offensive sets are underexplored on HO i think. see clemetine's azelf HO team used for reqs.
koko enables lucha and valiant, and those other quark drive mons i never see on ladder. generally the lopo koko formula still works brilliantly in this gen (tapu koko + mlop + ferrothorn + landorus etc.). z move and specs are also neat. taunt screens on HO w/ cyclizar is overwhelming.

Toxapex
:toxapex: B+ -> A-
nitpicky but this thing is more versatile in terms of teams it fits on even with the one set IMO and is at least as good as weavile or washtom

Gyarados-Mega
:gyarados-mega: B -> B+/A-
goes absolutely nuts on HO teams, not much else to say. if barraskewda is B+ for rain, then gyara mega can be B+ for offense teams.
dd + dual STAB + taunt is my favorite set lately. deals nicely with all sorts of walls. mold breaker shids all over clod + dirge.

Hawlucha
:hawlucha: B -> B+/A-
majorly slept on, just schlep it together with bulu or koko and throw on taunt. enjoy free wins. there's probably a whole bunch of ways to make this guy even more viable, but yeah sd taunt dual stab just wins, like gyara mega. give bulu and koko rises also maybe.

Hippowdon
:hippowdon: B -> B+
a particularly strong defensive wall that can optionally run yawn, toxic, or whirlwind. it swaps into more than i initially realized and i have no idea how this is RU usage.

ok i was gonna nom hippo for rise but it's just not as splashable as B+ walls. it's still amazing on fat. RU usage lmao.

Walking Wake
:walking-wake: B -> A
can be put on literally any team as a pseudo-latios and enjoys 2 of the 4.5 weathers lmao

Baxcalibur
:baxcalibur: C -> B-
dd loaded dice is incredibly strong. it's basically dragon dance mamoswine with glaive rush. try it out! i've been using it on a team with slowking to bring in the snow. i think arctozolt could also be here, but idk the speed tier is tough right now and tera makes it a lot harder to sweep as zolt. ice/ground/dragon coverage is simply stronger. i like to use tera ground/fairy/steel and tera ice as a flex.
simply recognize when to DD and win!

Garchomp-Mega
:garchomp-mega: C -> B-
rocks + 3a is sweet, pressuring some would-be switchins to SD chomp. and i think SD fits on webs teams very well.

Gliscor
:gliscor: C -> B-/B
wait why the f-bomb is gliscor all the way down here? 4MSS AF but the goat defogger and EV-customizable pivot. if chansey is gotdang B- there's no way this is real.

Ribombee
:ribombee: UR -> C
ribombee webs is pretty chill right now. skill swap is also handy vs hatt, dengo, garg, torn.
me getting smashed by my own team LMAO (yeah i know bee did nothing here but the gamer is 1700s and winning with my webs team so... also ended up getting reqs! good run :D)
bee + haz stack putting on mad pressure + forcing doubles, allowing shifu to win out
sorry im low ELO on main atm x)

Drops
Zamazenta

:zamazenta: A+ -> A/A-
i don't think this pokemon is more viable than garganacl, landorus-therian, great tusk, tapu lele, etc. again i'm biased since i recently played a ton of fat teams, but it simply doesn't feel threatening when compared to mlop, kingambit, lele, urshifu... and it does fit on a good amount of teams, sure, but not as many as the rest of A+ IMHO

Annihilape
:annihilape: A -> A-/B+
gonna get raked over the coals for this one, since all i see is complaints about how this mon should be suspected.
phazing w/ pex has been my bread and butter for this, but otherwise if you're playing offense vs this pokemon, it's likely too slow to hit you first and its playstyle is perhaps likely to be too slow to set up on you. i do think a scarf final gambit set is in order since 110 base HP is a force to be reckoned with (424 damage at max HP). maybe i cant see the forest for the trees or some other metaphor but i expect one of taunt + bulk-up or chesto resto and adjust accordingly on preview.

Charizard-Mega-X and Slowbro
:charizard-mega-x: :slowbro: B -> B-
unfortunately, 2 of my favorites from gen 8 natdex dont seem to have the impact they used to in this wild west metagame.
zardx is hard to make work. hazards are the name of the game, and while zardy has the exact same issue, even after mega evolving, it is most often paired with great tusk for incredible synergy. zardx has less going for it in terms of teamplay, and ends up being a bulkier blaziken that also has to face tera fairy walls (often unaware).
slowbro vs the 9 million kingambits is rough, even with a colbur berry. teraing your slowbro might not also be the play most games. i can't say i vouch for this over tapu fini for your bulky water (though of course, fini can't pivot other than by doubling).

Greninja
:greninja: B- -> C
i dont know what this thing is supposed to do. scarf set is too weak and very telegraphed most of the time. specs battle bond is pretty spooky i guess. spikes and taunt are good.

There's a lot to think about in the meta rn and I've got a bit of a batch of noms so I'll leave them here before disappearing to play other games.

kingambit.pngA+ -> S
Crazy efficient enabler of so many Pokemon in the tier while being a very potent threat itself. I honestly think Kingambit is a top 2 Pokemon rn. Immensely splashable and the fact that it has such nice defensive utility, especially against big threats like Dragapult is a thing to love. SD being a very threatening late game set as well... It's just too influential to be A+.

lopunny-mega.pngA+ -> S-
Easily a top Mega, and honestly a top pokemon, in the meta. Fantastic speed control, very appealing offensive typing that is surprisingly difficult to switch into for many teams especially ones loading TornT as a fighting check. It's a great pivot, and is such an awesome anti offense Pokemon.

landorus-therian.pngA -> A+
Very nice flexible, splashable mon that compresses roles nicely for teams, and for offense especially, a helpful check to Zama. Whether a rocker or defogger, whichever you need for your team. It's just a generally reliable pivot in the metagame as well, and is one of the better grounds in the tier.

tapu-lele.pngA -> A+
Specs Lele said what are switch ins. Really though, Specs sets really blow through so much, even more than before thanks to tera. Scarf sets are also really good, especially late game. Excellent mon that really should rise.

charizard-mega-y.png A- -> A
Absolutely lethal mon rn rn that is a headache to switch into without tera, and is a significant part of fueling sun's prominence. Seriously. ZardY is strong enough on its own but the pairing with Walking Wake makes for a very dangerous pairing. This mon is crazy and should go up.

walking-wake.png B -> A
This mon seriously is not okay and is a big problem. Specs alone is hard to switch into, whether on or off sun as the tier is surprisingly short on defensive fairies without resorting to tera. SubSunny makes already limited defensive counterplay even less helpful, and offense struggles with Wake on sun. You could make an argument for A+, though the slightly lesser splashability compared to mons in that rank maybe make it a slightly tricky sell. But even then, Wake has significantly impacted the meta and is imo just broken.

volcarona.pngA- -> A
This is the truest poster child for the unbalanced nature of tera. Extremely potent abuser of tera that become a ridiculous wincon through the mechanic. It feels like counterplay to this thing is pretty scarce at times as a result of tera.

skarmory.pngB- -> B/B+
Been pretty pleasantly surprised by this mon. ID Press is nice, respectable as a spikes setter and being able to punish uturn and many physical attackers it checks with helmet chip is pretty nice. Solid at what it does for the teams it fits on, and I'd say it's notably better than poor Corv.

baxcalibur.pngC -> B-
Bax honestly brutalizes several defensive structures going around rn. Thermal Exchange punishing or discouraging the use of fire moves makes it very capable at forcing switches, and a DD sweeper immune to burns is incredible. Stabs+EQ is basically perfect, and it's got many nice tera options. Far better than anything in C and I think it could go higher still, but it should definitely get explored more first. Oh and CB is nuts vs fat.

gliscor.png C -> B
Still a solid defensive Mon honestly. Lower roost PP makes it not entirely immortal, but it still sits on a lot and is itself very annoying to switch into with EQ Toxic combos. Can also expand the scope of mons it can check with get. SD Facade still pretty good. And hey it still annoys Heatran.

corviknight.png B- -> C
Passive do nothing Mon that hates the existence of Gholdengo. I can pretty much never find a reason to slot this on a team atm and it's just so much worse than everything in B-.

Sceptile-Mega From UR to C

:sm/sceptile-mega:

Mega Sceptile has been a consistently bad Pokemon for many generations, but gen 9 National Dex’s meta shift has helped it become an actual threat. The Lack of Corviknight and many good dragons has helped Mega Sceptile. It has a base speed stat of 145, outspeeding EVERY mon ranked on VR.

The Build that Is most optimal(in my opinion) is the 4 attacking set, You can also use Builds with Sword dance and dragon dance with 3 attacks to fit your team better.
(Sceptile-Mega) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 24 Atk / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake
- Hiddn Power [Fire]

Mega scep on paper doesn’t look very good compared to walking wake or Dragapult, but the thing it has over them is some pretty nice coverage and firepower. Walking wake has the issue of being a bit slow so it runs scarf forced to lock a move(not in sun ofc unless its the +spa build) , dragapult is too weak without specs or DD. Mega Scep has some of the highest speed and a respectable 145 special attack. It isn’t locked into moves like some walking wakes and pult. It also doesn’t risk speedties like Pult does with other Pult’s. I would not say Mega Scep is better than these two, but it is a choice for certain teams where you don’t want to be locked in, speedtie, or be a bit too slow. It also has the benefit of completely walling rotom-wash and gaining +1 Special attack from electric moves in general which is good vs offensive teams and a backup if your ground type faints.

252 SpA Sceptile-Mega Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dragapult: 380-450 (119.8 - 141.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Sceptile-Mega Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tapu Koko: 291-343 (103.5 - 122%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Sceptile-Mega Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Lopunny-Mega: 238-282 (87.8 - 104%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

252 SpA Sceptile-Mega Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 184-220 (52.2 - 62.5%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

24 Atk Sceptile-Mega Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 304-360 (78.7 - 93.2%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Sceptile-Mega Dragon Pulse vs. 12 HP / 0 SpD Walking Wake: 354-416 (103.5 - 121.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

244 SpA Choice Specs Walking Wake Hydro Steam vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Sceptile-Mega: 60-71 (21.3 - 25.2%) -- 0.1% chance to 4HKO

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1837016894-h9p911d4mcgx1cr17dkq10mw0tllfs5pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1836452204
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1838661736-tdos4pay4k20fjbpzfmcl9p9i120htspw
I am not saying Mega Sceptile is a new S/A tier threat but I do think it deserves a ranking just from how good it is vs many Pokemon and teams(also this is my first time ever doing this, feedback would be cool)

Last edited:

Kyo

In Limbo
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
National Dex Leader
:sm/cinderace:

Cinderace B- -> B

Why Cinderace is still good

Most of us who have been around for at least a little while know why Cinder was previously banned. In Gen 8, bulk up normalium Z was the set that broke this mon wide open after it failed to get banned in the first suspect test. Gen 9 brought nerfs to protean and libero which severely impacted the viability of Cinder and Greninja. The way these abilities work now is that you can only change types once for each time that you are on the field and then you're stuck with that typing. Switching out and bringing the mon back in allows you to use the ability again, but it's not hard to see why this is a significant nerf. This absolutely killed some of protean Gren's best sets like 4 attacks z move which rely heavily on STAB for their damage output. The opponent can much more easily switch around your attacks and if you waste your protean activation ice beaming into a resistance, now you can't get STAB on your follow up attack like Z dig or Z hydro pump thus missing out on crucial KO margins. Everyone, myself included, pretty much assumed these issues carried over to Cinderace in the same way. What I've come to realize more recently is that with the way Cinder's best set functions, the nerfs kinda don't matter at all thanks to a little movepool addition in Gen 9 named swords dance.

Cinderace @ Normalium Z
Ability: Libero
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- Giga Impact
- High Jump Kick
- Swords Dance

This is just the Gen 8 Z move Cinderace, but I've replaced bulk up with swords dance. What I want to explain is how Cinder's damage output is functionally not that different to pre-nerf. When you set up with swords dance, you are forced to turn into a normal type but get a massive 2x damage boost. You now can't get STAB on your fire or fighting coverage. It doesn't matter too much though since the damage off your +2 non-STAB attacks is only slightly weaker than +1 with libero STAB.

+2 252 Atk Cinderace High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Hippowdon: 226-267 (53.8 - 63.5%)
+1 252 Atk Libero Cinderace High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Hippowdon: 255-301 (60.7 - 71.6%)

What we see is a slight decrease in damage. The tradeoff though is that using swords dance instead of bulk up gives your z move nuke a massive increase in damage output allowing you to accomplish things like this:

+2 252 Atk Libero Cinderace Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 387-456 (92.1 - 108.5%)
+2 252 Atk Libero Cinderace Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 406-478 (103 - 121.3%)
+2 252 Atk Libero Cinderace Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 322-379 (105.9 - 124.6%)
+1 252 Atk Libero Cinderace Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-Therian: 348-411 (91 - 107.5%)

All the defensive resistances to normal get completely fried by your coverage moves even if they're slightly weaker than in Gen 8. I would even argue that this is a perfectly fine tradeoff for Cinder since you're amplifying its main role which is to find a setup opportunity and punch a gaping hole in the opponent's defensive core for something else to clean up. Also, with the way that Libero works now, you are free to use your initial fire STAB which is your most spammable offensive type and you won't be considered locked into that type. You can throw out a few pyro balls and then change into a normal or fighting type at your convenience. This mon is still very good, and I don't see it being used nearly enough.

about15gals

formerly about15guys
is a Pre-Contributor
new month new noms (mainly towards fat)

:hippowdon: from B to B+
This mon absolutely stuffs some of the more deadly threats in this metagame, it's a fairly reliable blanket special wall, able to take most non-SE hits very well, and sand stream lets it absolutely stuff mzardy, give garg a free AV and rack up chip, very potent mon on fat teams, alongside good weather control and abiltiy to either phaze with wwind or setup hazards with rocks, alongside packing a very nice electric immunity

:skarmory: from B- to B+/A-
this mon is criminally underrated, its got almost unparalleled physical bulk, a great learnset and good defensive typing, once you're able to remove all the special attackers from your opponent's side, after one iron defense skarm is basically just never dying, it's got a nice enough speed tier to creep most gambit sets and ohko with press, its great in basically all stages of the game because it can set up spikes or function as a cleaner lategame, it's absolutely a great mon and is 100% at least in the same tier as clodsire

:lopunny-mega: from A+ to S
seriously this mon is just nuts, oftentimes you need a reason to not use it on your team, it fits on literally every archetype outside of full stall and with knock off/pursuit support it'll just absolutely end games incredibly easily, literally unresisted STAB coverage across the entire metagame, alongside being a potent lead, great at forcing switches and racking up hazard chip, it's all around a phenomenal mon and would be higher on the usage stats if it wasn't for

:charizard-mega-y: from A- to A/A+
This mon is pretty absurd all things considered, it's got like 2 total checks, alongside the options to beat those checks if it wants to, only like 2 things in the metagame can actually switch into sun boosted weather balls, only reason why it's not higher is because of it's crippling stealth rock weakness, requiring good hazard control options to be able to come in, but if it's able to come it, it's going to pick up a ko, while it's less slottable than mlop it's still a very good mon in its own right, but requires a lot more support to use effectively

:medicham-mega: from B+ to A-
insanely potent wallbreaker, a la charizard mega y, with good pursuit support it'll pick up tons of kos, also very usable on webs teams as a breaker, and its got good coverage options to tailor its set to beat mons, being able to slot moves like bp for mdia or ice punch for lando

:slowking-galar: from C to B-/B
how is this mon in c tier, av sets leverage the already respectable special bulk, nice defensive typing and regen to turn glowking into a potent special wall that can provide fsight support alongside packing good coverage options to hit most of the metagame, its a very good alternative to pex imo if you want something more focused on taking special hits and hitting back decently hard since while pex is nice, it's a lot more passive than glowking

drop noms
:barraskewda: from B to B-
this might be kind of a hot take but barraskewda just feels really really mid right now, it's super weak to priority and gets blanked by some really good mons right now, like physdef washtom or skarm, its weak to hazards as well, and while it's coverage is good imo it's not enough to keep it this high up

:swampert-mega: from A- to B+/B
this mon has been struggling a lot recently it feels, when people started running mons like buzzwole and skarm mpert started struggling, and while it's speed tier in rain is great, anytime outside of that it's probably getting outsped and slapped with a strong move. Just hasn't been doing it for me lately

:dondozo: from C to UR
fake check to most of the metagame, no offensive presence whatever, brings no utility at all, spends half the match in a coma. Just all around a stinker of a mon

:corviknight: from B- to C/UR
nothingburger of a mon, its a fogger that loses to gholdengo and brings almost no utility outside of u turn, it's outclassed in every way by something, if you're using it you could probably swap it out reasonably easily for a diff mon that fills the same role

Writing a post about Mega Venusaur because no one is seeming to talk about this pokemon.

Mega Venusaur UR -> C/B-

:sv/venusaur-mega:

Mega Venusaur serves as an anti-meta threat challenging the most common playstyles currently such as sun, HO, rain, rotom wash offenses, and mega diancie and mega lopunny offenses. Its high defenses in conjuction with thick fat (negating its fire weakness), a solid uninvested offensive presence (122 spa) and good coverage establishes a niche check to common threats in the metagame. Its bulk allows it to blanket check a myriad of threats in the metagame such as Tapu Koko, Iron Valiant, Mega Diancie, Mega Lopunny, Great Tusk, Kartana, Kingambit, both forms of Greninja, Garganacl, Hatterene, Landorus-Therian, Rillaboom, Rotom-Wash, Mega Scizor (if hp fire), Walking Wake (barring SpA boosting dragonium Z or SpA boosting Specs in the sun), Mega-Swampert, Ferrothorn (regardless of set) and lastly Zamazenta; While also dishing out good amounts of damage with sludge bomb, earth power, and giga drain. Mega Venusaur's last move slot is very flexible and can run multiple variants. Options for Mega Venusaur's last move slot include: Hidden Power Fire/Hidden Power Ice, Knock Off, and Leech seed. Hidden power fire is an option to consistently beat Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor. Knock off is another option that Mega Venusaur can run, bolstering its utility to even higher levels by removing important items on the opposing team such as heavy duty boots, leftovers/black sludge, and Choice Items. Hidden Power Ice is a niche option to run over Hidden Power Fire, allowing Mega Venusaur to force 4x super effective damage on Garchomp, Landorus, and Gliscor. Lastly leech seed enables Mega Venusaur to exploit fat teams while also providing valuable passive recovery. Besides the aforementioned pokemon it checks above its excellent natural bulk allows it to check other pokemon not mentioned. Mega Venusaur has the potential to be very hard to force out vs certain teams if it is not being hit super effectively by strong wallbreakers such as Hoopa-U, Mega Medicham, or Tapu Lele. It is important to note that almost nothing in the tier gets a direct ohko regardless of tera boosted super effective stab or z move.

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 68 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Earth Power
- Giga Drain / Knock Off / Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ice / Leech Seed

Replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1842645345-nrufbr7ssqzsxbkh6zdgsfo7xo6zrubpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1842611769-6xg6yr3hbmgmj55c2fwdj40l7sd5bx6pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1842017974-4ssso3gumlarkskzwubr0uro31tq182pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1842008435-2q1foxnj227q8j2e83wzwqo0qjikms9pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1842004678-0deeqnrtwj53cl7zc17igkezeeg9zsupw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1842002575-mzm9dw52vy7u8efx90wyagaq8qo8n13pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1841765335-uo9ip6d81wx8xrnmks4845bov23378rpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1841747412-3nj76ljavppsu32zh0ur7op0s7v0qk1pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1841698745-nduygqak5kz2ca3a0rj2fv6d6guaed4pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1841692501-uxhw8om17o853t5gilseu19fxahsetypw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1841672656-1bjrf207k6osc6nx1v6y65sctp519zbpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1841235072-usd5m0fr4ra4lz5wpz45fozkgdi2vk6pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1841227343-cpcxpwouddxzht3xz2o7cusmwih0twmpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1841221199-car9pfiyfr3qrlwvnw26b1nvicxyj9gpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1841218715-ukf8awdmb8zeokle6py3b3xcxhyxljdpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1841197853-23ik87icobn2uhnhf9w5h0ynpjxz4fkpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1841162594-3zcgss6wmumub4owelg83c61z52rc6gpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1837129317-8c5ax6dnn50bdkqbzd84cgqoq71l5ucpw

Important Calcs to Note

Tapu Koko
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 68 SpD Venusaur-Mega in Electric Terrain: 93-110 (25.6 - 30.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Tera Electric Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 68 SpD Venusaur-Mega in Electric Terrain: 124-147 (34.1 - 40.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tapu Koko: 290-344 (103.2 - 122.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Iron Valiant
252 SpA Choice Specs Iron Valiant Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 68 SpD Venusaur-Mega: 89-105 (24.5 - 28.9%) -- 99.5% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Tera Fairy Iron Valiant Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 68 SpD Venusaur-Mega: 119-140 (32.7 - 38.5%) -- 99.1% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Iron Valiant Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 164-194 (45.1 - 53.4%) -- 35.5% chance to 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Iron Valiant Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 129-153 (35.5 - 42.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Iron Valiant: 348-410 (120.4 - 141.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Mega Diancie
4 Atk Diancie-Mega Diamond Storm vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 108-127 (29.7 - 34.9%) -- 13.8% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Diancie-Mega Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 68 SpD Venusaur-Mega: 73-87 (20.1 - 23.9%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
252 SpA Diancie-Mega Mystical Fire vs. 248 HP / 68 SpD Thick Fat Venusaur-Mega: 78-92 (21.4 - 25.3%) -- 0.1% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Diancie-Mega Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 68 SpD Venusaur-Mega: 93-110 (25.6 - 30.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Diancie-Mega: 142-168 (58.9 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Diancie-Mega: 176-210 (73 - 87.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mega Lopunny
252 Atk Lopunny-Mega Return vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 114-135 (31.4 - 37.1%) -- 79.9% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Lopunny-Mega Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Thick Fat Venusaur-Mega: 96-114 (26.4 - 31.4%) -- approx. 4HKO
252 Atk Lopunny-Mega Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 67-79 (18.4 - 21.7%) -- possible 5HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Lopunny-Mega: 118-141 (43.5 - 52%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Lopunny-Mega: 100-118 (36.9 - 43.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Great Tusk
252 Atk Great Tusk Headlong Rush vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 130-154 (35.8 - 42.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Protosynthesis Great Tusk Headlong Rush vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 169-201 (46.5 - 55.3%) -- 67.6% chance to 2HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Great Tusk: 128-151 (34.5 - 40.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Great Tusk: 320-378 (86.2 - 101.8%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Kartana
252 Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 31-37 (8.5 - 10.1%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252 Atk Kartana Return vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 95-112 (26.1 - 30.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 42-49 (11.5 - 13.4%) -- possible 8HKO
252 Atk Kartana Smart Strike vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 97-115 (26.7 - 31.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 Atk Kartana Knock Off vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 61-72 (16.8 - 19.8%) -- guaranteed 6HKO
+2 252 Atk Kartana Knock Off vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 120-142 (33 - 39.1%) -- 99.9% chance to 3HKO
+2 252 Atk Kartana Return vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 188-222 (51.7 - 61.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Kartana Breakneck Blitz (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 295-348 (81.2 - 95.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Kartana Black Hole Eclipse (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 221-261 (60.8 - 71.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kartana: 182-215 (70.2 - 83%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kartana: 488-576 (188.4 - 222.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Kingambit
252+ Atk Black Glasses Kingambit Knock Off vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 96-114 (26.4 - 31.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Kingambit Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 99-117 (27.2 - 32.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Black Glasses Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 102-121 (28 - 33.3%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Black Glasses Tera Dark Kingambit Knock Off vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 128-152 (35.2 - 41.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Black Glasses Tera Dark Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 136-162 (37.4 - 44.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252+ Atk Black Glasses Kingambit Knock Off vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 190-225 (52.3 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Black Glasses Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 204-241 (56.1 - 66.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Black Glasses Tera Dark Kingambit Knock Off vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 254-300 (69.9 - 82.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Black Glasses Tera Dark Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 272-322 (74.9 - 88.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Earth Power vs. 112 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 176-208 (47.6 - 56.3%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Sludge Bomb vs. 112 HP / 0 SpD Tera Dark Kingambit: 132-156 (35.7 - 42.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Greninja (protean)
252 SpA Choice Specs Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 68 SpD Thick Fat Venusaur-Mega: 152-182 (41.8 - 50.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 68 SpD Venusaur-Mega: 135-159 (37.1 - 43.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Greninja: 153-180 (53.6 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Greninja: 254-300 (89.1 - 105.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO (water greninja)
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Greninja: 127-150 (44.5 - 52.6%) -- 23.8% chance to 2HKO (ice greninja)
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Greninja: 153-180 (53.6 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (dark greninja)
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Greninja: 127-150 (44.5 - 52.6%) -- 23.8% chance to 2HKO (dark greninja)

Greninja (battle bond)
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 68 SpD Venusaur-Mega: 93-109 (25.6 - 30%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 68 SpD Venusaur-Mega in Rain: 139-164 (38.2 - 45.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 68 SpD Venusaur-Mega: 135-159 (37.1 - 43.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 68 SpD Thick Fat Venusaur-Mega: 102-122 (28 - 33.6%) -- 0.1% chance to 3HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Greninja: 254-300 (89.1 - 105.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Greninja: 153-180 (53.6 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Hatterene
0 SpA Hatterene Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 150-176 (41.3 - 48.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Hatterene Draining Kiss vs. 248 HP / 68 SpD Venusaur-Mega: 29-34 (7.9 - 9.3%) -- possibly the worst move ever
0 SpA Hatterene Mystical Fire vs. 248 HP / 68 SpD Thick Fat Venusaur-Mega: 58-70 (15.9 - 19.2%) -- possible 6HKO
0 SpA Hatterene Psychic vs. 248 HP / 68 SpD Venusaur-Mega: 204-242 (56.1 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hatterene: 224-266 (70.4 - 83.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tera Water Hatterene: 186-222 (58.4 - 69.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Landorus-Therian
0 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 99-117 (27.2 - 32.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 118-139 (32.5 - 38.2%) -- 96.7% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Tera Ground Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 158-186 (43.5 - 51.2%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 117-138 (30.6 - 36.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 117-138 (36.6 - 43.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 248-296 (64.9 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 248-296 (77.7 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Gliscor
0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 69-82 (19 - 22.5%) -- possible 5HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Hidden Power Ice vs. 244 HP / 252+ SpD Gliscor: 180-212 (51.1 - 60.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Giga Drain vs. 244 HP / 252+ SpD Gliscor: 84-99 (23.8 - 28.1%) -- 90.1% chance to 4HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Giga Drain vs. 244 HP / 252+ SpD Gliscor: 168-198 (47.7 - 56.2%) -- 80.1% chance to 2HKO (on roost)
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Sludge Bomb vs. 244 HP / 252+ SpD Tera Fairy Gliscor: 200-236 (56.8 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Giga Drain vs. 244 HP / 252+ SpD Tera Water Gliscor: 168-198 (47.7 - 56.2%) -- 80.1% chance to 2HKO

Rillaboom
252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega in Grassy Terrain: 33-40 (9 - 11%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Knock Off vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 75-89 (20.6 - 24.5%) -- possible 6HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Wood Hammer vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega in Grassy Terrain: 67-79 (18.4 - 21.7%) -- possible 6HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom U-turn vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 81-96 (22.3 - 26.4%) -- possible 5HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Tera Grass Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega in Grassy Terrain: 45-53 (12.3 - 14.6%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252+ Atk Choice Band Tera Grass Rillaboom Wood Hammer vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega in Grassy Terrain: 90-106 (24.7 - 29.2%) -- possible 5HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rillaboom: 308-366 (90.3 - 107.3%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

Rotom-Wash
0 SpA Rotom-Wash Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 68 SpD Venusaur-Mega: 50-59 (13.7 - 16.2%) -- possible 7HKO
0 SpA Rotom-Wash Volt Switch vs. 248 HP / 68 SpD Venusaur-Mega: 32-38 (8.8 - 10.4%) -- possibly the worst move ever
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Rotom-Wash: 109-129 (35.8 - 42.4%) -- 88.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Rotom-Wash: 182-216 (59.8 - 71%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Mega Scizor
0 Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 61-73 (16.8 - 20.1%) -- possible 5HKO
0 Atk Scizor-Mega U-turn vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 72-85 (19.8 - 23.4%) -- possible 5HKO
0 Atk Scizor-Mega Knock Off vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 45-53 (12.3 - 14.6%) -- possible 7HKO
+2 0 Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 121-144 (33.3 - 39.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 0 Atk Scizor-Mega U-turn vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 142-168 (39.1 - 46.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 0 Atk Scizor-Mega Knock Off vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 88-104 (24.2 - 28.6%) -- 98.5% chance to 4HKO
+2 252+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 159-187 (43.8 - 51.5%) -- 9% chance to 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Scizor-Mega U-turn vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 184-217 (50.6 - 59.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 128 SpD Scizor-Mega: 68-80 (19.8 - 23.3%) -- possible 5HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 128 SpD Scizor-Mega: 180-216 (52.4 - 62.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Scizor-Mega: 77-91 (27.4 - 32.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Scizor-Mega: 204-244 (72.5 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Walking Wake
244 SpA Choice Specs Walking Wake Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 68 SpD Venusaur-Mega: 247-292 (68 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
244 SpA Choice Specs Walking Wake Hydro Steam vs. 248 HP / 68 SpD Venusaur-Mega in Sun: 114-135 (31.4 - 37.1%) -- 85% chance to 3HKO
244 SpA Choice Specs Walking Wake Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 68 SpD Thick Fat Venusaur-Mega in Sun: 174-206 (47.9 - 56.7%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Protosynthesis Walking Wake Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 68 SpD Venusaur-Mega: 324-382 (89.2 - 105.2%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Protosynthesis Walking Wake Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 68 SpD Thick Fat Venusaur-Mega in Sun: 226-266 (62.2 - 73.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Protosynthesis Walking Wake Hydro Steam vs. 248 HP / 68 SpD Venusaur-Mega in Sun: 150-177 (41.3 - 48.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Protosynthesis Walking Wake Devastating Drake (195 BP) vs. 248 HP / 68 SpD Venusaur-Mega: 324-382 (89.2 - 105.2%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
244 SpA Walking Wake Devastating Drake (195 BP) vs. 248 HP / 68 SpD Venusaur-Mega: 247-292 (68 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Giga Drain vs. 12 HP / 0 SpD Walking Wake: 112-133 (32.7 - 38.8%) -- 99.5% chance to 3HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Sludge Bomb vs. 12 HP / 0 SpD Walking Wake: 135-159 (39.4 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Mega Swampert
252+ Atk Swampert-Mega Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 132-156 (36.3 - 42.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Swampert-Mega Ice Punch vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Thick Fat Venusaur-Mega: 68-80 (18.7 - 22%) -- possible 5HKO
252+ Atk Swampert-Mega Flip Turn vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega in Rain: 59-70 (16.2 - 19.2%) -- possible 6HKO
252+ Atk Swampert-Mega Waterfall vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega in Rain: 80-94 (22 - 25.8%) -- 3.7% chance to 4HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Swampert-Mega: 352-420 (103.2 - 123.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Swampert-Mega: 53-63 (15.5 - 18.4%) -- possible 6HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Swampert-Mega: 71-84 (20.8 - 24.6%) -- guaranteed 5HKO

Ferrothorn
0 Atk Ferrothorn Knock Off vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 30-36 (8.2 - 9.9%) -- possibly the worst move ever
0 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 20-24 (5.5 - 6.6%) -- possibly the worst move ever
0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (66 BP) vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 45-54 (12.3 - 14.8%) -- possible 7HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Ferrothorn: 68-80 (19.3 - 22.7%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Ferrothorn: 180-216 (51.1 - 61.3%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Zamazenta
252 Atk Choice Band Zamazenta Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 92-108 (25.3 - 29.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Tera Fighting Zamazenta Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 123-145 (33.8 - 39.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Zamazenta Crunch vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 82-97 (22.5 - 26.7%) -- 31.9% chance to 4HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Zamazenta Psychic Fangs vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 174-206 (47.9 - 56.7%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Zamazenta Wild Charge vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 46-54 (12.6 - 14.8%) -- possible 7HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Zamazenta Ice Fang vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Thick Fat Venusaur-Mega: 68-80 (18.7 - 22%) -- possible 5HKO
4 Def Zamazenta Body Press vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 33-39 (9 - 10.7%) -- possibly the worst move ever
+2 4 Def Zamazenta Body Press vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 64-76 (17.6 - 20.9%) -- possible 5HKO
+4 4 Def Zamazenta Body Press vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 96-114 (26.4 - 31.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
+6 4 Def Zamazenta Body Press vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 128-151 (35.2 - 41.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zamazenta: 102-121 (26.2 - 31.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zamazenta: 85-102 (21.9 - 26.2%) -- 6.9% chance to 4HKO

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)