Sports NBA Thread: 2022-2023 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
must win game imo for boston today, I think they'll pull out a win?

crazy that the media narrative is blaming tatum and grant (who were our two most important players) when mazzula is out here not even being able to make basic thought processes like saying
"jaylen and al are playing like dogshit so instead lets try rob and derrick down the stretch."
"tatum's getting double and triple teamed every time down the court, let's give him some guys that can actually hit an open shot when he passes out of it to them"
"let's have grant in single coverage on jimmy and not help or try a different defender"

hope we get swept at this point bc if not the front office will just look at the meaningless wins as a reason to keep mazzula as hc. jaylen also not being the third best player on the court, and arguably not even the fifth (!) is a crazy letdown as well.

jimmy and bam are my two favorite non C's players so I just hope they are able to go all the way and get that ring

awyp

is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
i think lakers win easy today? no way refs let them go down 3-0 especially at home where they haven't lost yet in the playoffs

crazy that the media narrative is blaming tatum and grant (who were our two most important players) when mazzula is out here not even being able to make basic thought processes like saying
"jaylen and al are playing like dogshit so instead lets try rob and derrick down the stretch."
"tatum's getting double and triple teamed every time down the court, let's give him some guys that can actually hit an open shot when he passes out of it to them"
"let's have grant in single coverage on jimmy and not help or try a different defender"

hope we get swept at this point bc if not the front office will just look at the meaningless wins as a reason to keep mazzula as hc. jaylen also not being the third best player on the court, and arguably not even the fifth (!) is a crazy letdown as well.

jimmy and bam are my two favorite non C's players so I just hope they are able to go all the way and get that ring
Correct. It's definitely not Tatum's or even Grant Williams' fault. It's Joe Mazzulla and Jaylen Brown. Mazzulla is getting thoroughly outcoached by Spo. Really feel like he's got no plan out there for the offense. It's just Tatum and Brown doing whatever. He also never takes good timeouts. This was a problem in the first game when the Heat went on that massive 3rd quarter run and last game when the Heat cut the lead to 3. Even Reggie Miller said, "I would have called a timeout there." As for Brown, he's having a nightmare series. I'm a little surprised he hasn't tightened up that handle since the first time these teams met in 2020. It's still a big flaw in his game.

This Celtics team is too talented for me to completely count them out, but it's looking really bad for them right now. Game 3 will be a battle.

i think lakers win easy today? no way refs let them go down 3-0 especially at home where they haven't lost yet in the playoffs
I agree with this. No way the Lakers let this one slip away at home. I expect LeBron to be super aggressive attacking the rim. No doubt he wants to prove a lot of people wrong.

Last edited:

awyp

RMT Leader
I think Boston must win today but I feel like at this point it's Miami vs Denver *which if it is I'm very excited for*

I feel like Miami has Boston figured out, I feel like today will be a close game.

:eeveehide:

hopefully mazzula fired by wednesday and brad heavily explores replacement for al and trading jaylen. if we supermax jaylen i don't think this team will ever win a title
I personally wouldn't say Joe should be fired because to be fair, he was thrusted in that situation. It is clear to me though that Boston has a mix of coaching issues and floor general issues. They lack a true point guard.

awyp

RMT Leader
nuggets are -290 favorites to win the nba title which translates to heavy favorites on whoever comes out from the miami / celtics series (assuming miami)

Horrible game from everyone on the Heat, including Jimmy (lots of missed layups). This is why you can't afford to mess around with a team like Boston. They're the 2nd seed for a reason and they're not going to go away quietly.

i remember liking the Nuggets back in the day for Melo (Which worked out -- well maybe not like wanted but still enjoyed him playing for my Knicks)

i been a lil out the loop with basketball cus of life recently (and won't claim any team left - i'm a Knicks fan) but if the Nuggets did cop a title idk, it'd kinda feel like how I felt for Dirk's Mavs: "Not my team but I love that guy and I'm happy for him." lol

Nuggets vs. Heat or Celtics does seem like a fun matchup.

*Edit* to be fair I'd feel the same for Jimmy Butler.

awyp

RMT Leader
Just wanted to note for today's game that the Heat are super underdogs in todays game. Idk why because they beat Boston at their place twice but yeah hope the better team wins today.

• Wow
Reactions: zf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)