National Dex ND OU- Haxorus Screens HO

Introduction

(idk why some of the sprites aren`t showing and honestly I`m too lazy to fix it)
I was messing around teambuilder, looking for weird set up sweepers to build around for the heck of it and then I found haxorus, I wasn`t interested until I found out it had mold breaker and poison jab, and with my personal hatred of unaware clefable, I decided to give it a go.
Turns out, I like this team quite a bit, however it doesn`t have the best winrate.
Btw this is my first rmt so my descriptions probably suck, sorry in advance

Teambuilding Process

The main man lizard thing, the sweeper that the team`s tryna support, so he kinda has to be here

I wanted to make this a screens hyper offense since hax`s bulk is meh, so I added a screens setter

Every HO needs a rocks setter incase some guy decides to spam focus sashes.
So I went with a spikes setter because I`m dumb (also it deals more damage to specific fairy types that I wanna kill with haxo)

I needed a cleaner that checks at least some of Hax`s checks (namely weavile, faster dragon types, and corviknight), however, Lele is a cleaner that checks all of hax`s checks sooo uhh ye.

I think I added gyara for better rain and stall MU, but idk.

I wanted another sweeper that appreciated screens, which aegi is

The Team

Haxorus @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
In my eyes, haxorus was just better (or at least more offensive) poison z kommo-o.
Unlike the kommo-o set, if the opponent knows about the poison z after a dragon dance and switches out their unaware clef, Hax isn`t helpless against it due to mold breaker.
Plus, it`s higher attack and speed stats made it look tempting enough to use over kommo-o.

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
Haxorus`s bulk isn`t that great, making it possible for strong enough neutral hits to OHKO it (I think).
However, screens support mostly solves this problem, and I chose grimmsnarl to be the one to set up those screens.
I opted to use thunder wave over foul play or spirit break because I find myself clicking it much more (and because it`s funny)

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt
- Ice Beam
I opted to use greninja over stuff like excadrill or lando for one reason and one reason alone.
Weird calcs against specific pokemon :D (namely: fini, una clef, and mawile)
252 Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Acid Downpour (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Tapu Fini: 262-310 (76.1 - 90.1%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after 2 layers of Spikes
+1 252 Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Acid Downpour (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Tapu Fini: 392-462 (113.9 - 134.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Acid Downpour (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 336-396 (85.2 - 100.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes
252 Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Earthquake vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Mawile-Mega: 198-234 (75 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 3 layers of Spikes
(tho I`ll prolly just other mons to deal with maw and fini lol)
(oh and I used gren over mew cuz I like speed)

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
Haxorus is countered by faster dragon types, ice types like mamoswine and weavile, and steel flying types.
However, almost all of the aforementioned threats are taken care of by this tapu lele
Lele also provides some speed control to my relatively slow bunch.

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Taunt
Despite having mold breaker and dragon dance, Haxorus can`t solo stall teams due to mega sableye being able to cripple it with burns and such.
However, mega gyarados has no such issue due to his taunt, and he has a better matchup against rain due to his better bulk.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Autotomize
- Shadow Claw
- Sacred Sword
I wanted to add another mon that benefitted from screens, specifically, a weakness policy dual dancer.
I decided to use aegislash due to it`s resistances to fairy and dragon, and since aegi benefitted from haxorus and gyarados resisting fire.
I opted to use sacred sword over cc because I wasn`t a fan of the defense drops, and was willing to sacrifice some power to be less revenge kill-able.

Haxorus @ Poisonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt
- Ice Beam

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Taunt

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Autotomize
- Shadow Claw
- Sacred Sword

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)