Monotype [NDM] Lingering Spirit (Mono Ghost Balance)

Do you think Gholdengo keeps ghost from being bad?

• 4. Ghost is alive because of other reasons, not ghold

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:sableye_mega::corsola_galar::sinistcha::gholdengo::mimikyu::blacephalon:(click on sprites for paste)
I'm confident (ish) in this team's quality, but I just wanted to get a secondary opinion on it.

The Team
:sableye_mega: is the first member of the defensive core. Knock off forces progress as well as removing items, which makes gem goblin pretty annoying. Will-o-wisp causes burn, which cripples physical attackers, neutralizes lefties, and causes residual damage. Protect allows you to mega evolve safely, as well as rack up some burn damage. Recover brings it reliable recovery and longevity. Sableye's ability, (magic bounce) allows it to have incredible synergy with ghold, bouncing back any hazards that ghold can then keep on the field. Mixed spread avoids a 2HKO from Life Orb Nidoking's Earth Power, assuming Mega Sableye uses Knock Off after the first Earth Power.

:corsola_galar: is the second member of the defensive core. Night shade provides the only consistant damage that depression coral deals, making depression coral not as passive (still kinda passive tho). Will-o-wisp causes burn, which cripples physical attackers, neutralizes lefties, and causes residual damage. Stealth rock adds yet another source of chip. Strength sap gives the CWDDE (Coral Who Drank a Depresso Espresso) a reliable (ish) healing move, which also helps it against physical attackers. Eviolite can literally make this mf be banned from LC. Spread is a standard spdef spread. Cursed body makes you have the power of hax and disruption on your side.

:sinistcha: is a pseudo-member of the defensive core (you'll see what I mean). Matcha gotcha is literally a goated move. Slightly more powerful giga drain with scald added on? Hell yeah. Shadow ball gives it reliable ghost stab (you could use hex, but I prefer shadow ball). Calm mind is what makes the role of the frappache lattache matchache become kinda unclear at first sight. Calm mind allows the spooky matcha to become almost monolithic, as well as allowing it to be a bulky wincon agaisnt ghost, ground, rock, psychic, and water teams. Strength sap gives it reliable recovery. Spread is a standard physdef spread which outspeeds adamant azumarill. Lefties gives it some nice extra recovery. Heatproof patches up a mild fire weakness of the team.

:gholdengo: is the special wallbreaker and z user of the team. This mon is the reason why I say that ghost isn't completely garbage yet. Make it rain has a goated name, provides special steel stab, and is still kinda spammable despite the deboosts. Shadow ball is good ghost stab. Nasty plot makes the bezos pesos guy be actually terrifying. Recover gives cheese string guy some reliable recovery and longevity. Spread is a pretty standard ghold spread. Ghostium z haha funny nuke button go brr. In a more serious note, ghostium z breaks through sableye at +2. Honestly, I legit don't know what gamefreak was thinking when designing this thing's ability. It allows gholdengo to switch into a status move, not care about it, and gain momentum from the switch.

:mimikyu: is the physical wallbreaker and revenge killer of the team (can also be used as a cleaner). Mimikyu is near mandatory for ghost teams, as it deals with dark types. Shadow sneak gives scary pikachu a priority move, which is what allows it to revenge kill and clean up games. Play rough gives it reliable fairy stab. Drain punch gives it good coverage, as well as some recovery (also sorta negates life orb recoil) . Swords dance makes the fakeachu be lore accurate (makes it very scary). Spread is a pretty standard mimikyu spread, not too adventurous. Life orb is a standard item which gives it a big damage boost. Disguise almost guarantees setting up 1 sd.

:blacephalon: is the scarfer and main wincon of the team. Flamethrower is horseless headman's (can't take credit for that joke) most reliable fire stab. Shadow ball is the best ghost stab blacklight mf gets. Psychic gives hellclown good coverage. Trick cripples defensive mons with scarf. Spread is a standard spread. Scarf makes this thing be the J A N I T O R. Beast boost is a broken ability that boosts this thing's spa if it gets a kill.

boomp

Never Give Up
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
The team is dope! Few things I would take note that i feel pecharunt over corsola galar for the physical bulk. setting hazards is not the problem as you have mega sable eye for magic bounce. Dazzling Gleam over Protect on sableye. protect is always nice but just having ur dark neutrality being able to check Dark, Dragon and Fighting mons for the team is highly appreciated. Hidden power ice over Psychic. Being able to hit Garchomp Landos is always nice for ghost. Other than that great team 8/10 <3

The team is dope! Few things I would take note that i feel pecharunt over corsola galar for the physical bulk. setting hazards is not the problem as you have mega sable eye for magic bounce. Dazzling Gleam over Protect on sableye. protect is always nice but just having ur dark neutrality being able to check Dark, Dragon and Fighting mons for the team is highly appreciated. Hidden power ice over Psychic. Being able to hit Garchomp Landos is always nice for ghost. Other than that great team 8/10 <3
Thanks for the feedback! I think the pecharunt idea is right, (seriously who gave it 160 base defense) as I kinda don't like how passive corsola is,(though maybe it doesn't matter in a balance team but idk) and pecharunt is the opposite of passive. Lando and chomp were kinda problematic mons, so HP Ice is a good call. D gleam on sableye could be good on this team, but imma do some testing. Thanks for the feedback!

Miyoko

Nature lover
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
Hi I like the team but needs a bit few changes.
1. Try using Zoroark-Hisui :Zoroark-hisui: on ur team
Hisuian Zoroark no only helps vs other ghost Pokemon but also serves an imposter to the team which would force the oppo to overpredict. U can use Heavy-duty-boots :heavy-duty-boots: / Leftovers :leftovers: Wil-o-wisp hex set / Choice Specs :choice specs: set. U can also try Choice scarf :choice scarf:. U can also try Normalium Z :Normalium z: Happy Hour set. This helps u set up sweep
2. Instead of using :corsola-galar:, use :Skeledirge:
Use Skeledirge :Skeledirge: cuz this gives u unaware coverage. Although corsola is also good defensively, Skeli is better defensively better typing with unaware, i.e., nothing can kill u. Also torch song would boost ur spatk everytime and ofc Wil-o-wisp coverage just like corsola. But I think, skele is much better than corsola
3. Use some physical attackers like :ceruledge: (optional)
Ceruledge :ceruledge: in place of any Pokemon can be helpful. However this is a minor option and I belive the team would perform well without this change too but add some strong physical attacker mate. U can use Focus Sash :focus sash: ceruledge or Heavy-duty-boots :heavy-duty-boots: ceruledge with sd close combat and bitter blade
4. Use :pecharunt: (optional)
Since half of the team is stall, u can try pecharunt :pecharunt: in the team as a defensive wall. This is just an alternative option and ur team is better without it as well. Just use standard heavy-duty-boots :heavy-duty-boots: pecharunt sets. It is good

Btw these were my suggestions. Once again I am saying that last two r not mandatory. U can avoid them as well. But u can use them as a suggestion and try in the ladder. Thank you and ur team is great.

:sv/mew: Bye :sv/mew:

Hi I like the team but needs a bit few changes.
1. Try using Zoroark-Hisui :Zoroark-hisui: on ur team
Hisuian Zoroark no only helps vs other ghost Pokemon but also serves an imposter to the team which would force the oppo to overpredict. U can use Heavy-duty-boots :heavy-duty-boots: / Leftovers :leftovers: Wil-o-wisp hex set / Choice Specs :choice specs: set. U can also try Choice scarf :choice scarf:. U can also try Normalium Z :Normalium z: Happy Hour set. This helps u set up sweep
2. Instead of using :corsola-galar:, use :Skeledirge:
Use Skeledirge :Skeledirge: cuz this gives u unaware coverage. Although corsola is also good defensively, Skeli is better defensively better typing with unaware, i.e., nothing can kill u. Also torch song would boost ur spatk everytime and ofc Wil-o-wisp coverage just like corsola. But I think, skele is much better than corsola
3. Use some physical attackers like :ceruledge: (optional)
Ceruledge :ceruledge: in place of any Pokemon can be helpful. However this is a minor option and I belive the team would perform well without this change too but add some strong physical attacker mate. U can use Focus Sash :focus sash: ceruledge or Heavy-duty-boots :heavy-duty-boots: ceruledge with sd close combat and bitter blade
4. Use :pecharunt: (optional)
Since half of the team is stall, u can try pecharunt :pecharunt: in the team as a defensive wall. This is just an alternative option and ur team is better without it as well. Just use standard heavy-duty-boots :heavy-duty-boots: pecharunt sets. It is good

Btw these were my suggestions. Once again I am saying that last two r not mandatory. U can avoid them as well. But u can use them as a suggestion and try in the ladder. Thank you and ur team is great.

:sv/mew: Bye :sv/mew:
Hi, thanks for the feedback! I'm gonna give fire croc a try bc of unaware being unware, as i was kinda weak to setup as you pointed out. Zoro is another good suggestion cuz ghosts were pretyy annoying, pretty much only mimikyu and blacephalon dealth with them. I really like the pecharunt idea that both u and boomp suggested because status spam deals with more stally teams well (I hate stall). As for ceruledge, i will test it out, but i think i'll just use mimikyu for physical attack, as mimikyu and ceruledge have similar roles, except that mimikyu gives you another way to deal with dark types. Tyvm!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)