Tournament NDPL I - Commencement Thread

sanguine

friendly fire
is a Tiering Contributor
YAHALLO! Welcome to faded’s unBIASED power rankings.

team overviews:

Velvet went hard in the early stages of the draft, grabbing Finch, OM superstar PDT, and
solid players in devin and colonel m. Outside of that good core, though, there are many question marks. 64 Squares isn’t exactly the most impressive AG slot. m00la as your secondary UU slot is quite the headscratcher, given his notoriously toxic reputation and lack of any tournament success on this website, to the point where if any other person were doing these, they would deem him UNVIABLE and move on with their lives. Skysolo / Maroon / and the no names on their bench also are questionable in their motivation, interest in the tier, and playing ability but will be bolstered by finch’s building support at the very least. This team can definitely make a run, but how far they go will rely solely on the gambles velvet made later in the draft rolling in their favor.

Not exactly sure what happened during the construction of this team. Chazm is great, Bacon is solid, Splash is solid with the right support. However the rest leave a lot to be desired. The vast majority of this team are players with very little if any experience playing any metagame at a high level, nevermind National Dex. I am going to deem this one unviable and hope they can prove me wrong.

Sabella and Sevelon definitely pop out to me while looking at this team. Baker, Unicorns, and Alice are also good and definitely motivated to stand out in this tournament. The rest are mediocre at best. This team is definitely capable of going places, but only if the motivation is there and the last two slots get figured out quickly. Otherwise, I think the middle of the pack is where they’ll be come playoff time.

VIVA L’ITALIA This team is full of “interesting” personalities and solid players like Renny and WCOP CHAMPION PIETRO. However, without a ND OU or UU Mainer on the roster, their ability to get up to speed on these tiers remains to be seen, and I’m definitely intrigued to see where this team lands in the standings at the end of it all.

This team is my favorite team in the tournament. They have a solid mix of mainers and tournament players. There’s no superstar, besides perhaps A Bread Sandwich in AG, but the building support is nigh unmatched and they have a plethora of players that can sub in and out of slots at will and perform well. Anything short of a playoff run should be considered by these guys a complete and utter failure given the talent on the roster, but time will tell if they will live up to the lofty heights that I feel they can reach.

Aside from the worst team name I have ever seen since the Klink Shamers in OMPL, this team has Chloe and Lilburr (people I absolutely adore as players and people) and Xavgb and frankly not much else. Zneon and Jordy are alright, but the rest of it leaves me really questioning who’s going to be picking up wins on a consistent basis as none of these people bar ShionShadows( who SOMEHOW HAS AN EDGIER NAME THAN ME) have actually played this tier. This team is fine, but it lacks both a superstar and consistency across all of their slots, which really puts a ceiling on their prospects imo.

Overall Rankings:

1. Skarmories
2. Farfetch’d

======== Gap ========

3. Krookodiles
4. Pleasednuts
5. Pexes

======== MASSIVE GAP ========

6. Absols

Here's some actually unbiased power rankings..

Team Overviews:

:farfetchd: Freedom Farfetch'd :farfetchd:
Finchinator, devin, 52Gambit, PinkDragonTamer, Skysolo, Colonel M, Monsareeasy, perfect minun, Trade, Skoun, maroon, GreenGogoatttt, 64 Squares, m00la

This team definitely has one of the better lineups; players like Finchinator, devin, PinkDragonTamer, and Skysolo are sure to do well. Other players like Skoun, Maroon, and 64 Squares, if he plays his games, should do fine if properly supported. However, that is where this team falls a bit flat, in my opinion; it is not clear who their National Dex OU support is. I, however, do not see any other stand out picks. This is also the team that took COLONEL M AS THEIR 6TH PICK. I don't mean any disrespect to Colonel M by that, but he has not played Pokemon in like 2 years.

Overall, I think this team is pretty interesting and has some very solid players, but a lack of clear support slots leads me to believe that this team will not do that well. Happy to be proven wrong though!

:absol: Slateport Absols :absol:
Chazm, BaconEatinAssassin, Niadev, Vaboh, arifgoku, Splash, Nevelle, RaJ.Shoot, Roginald, Shadowmonstr7, TacticalFacepalms

This team is cool. Chazm has a pretty interesting take on the National Dex OU metagame, though I tend to disagree with those quite often. Regardless, that should not stop him from doing decently well as a player. He will provide good support for (what I think will be) his other National Dex starters in Vaboh and Splash, which can't be undervalued. Chazm also managed to pick up BaconEatinAssassin, who is perhaps one of, if not the best options to slot into the Best of 3 slot. BaconEatinAssassin has a great grasp on the National Dex AG and National Dex metagame, and if he puts some effort into learning National Dex UU together with Niadev, then I can definitely see him going undefeated.

I don't really know enough about the rest of the players, but Niadev knows National Dex UU very well and Nevelle is fine at National Dex Anything Goes from what I've heard. I think this team will do okay; their main downfall is how reliant they are on just a couple players for support.

:krookodile: Chicago Krookodile :krookodile:
Sevelon, Maki, Sabella, !!11!1!!, martha, Unicorns, Djokra, Avaritia GC, Yami, Kaitlyn, Aurodian, Airwind, Stareal, DerpyBoi, NuttyRabbit

I think this team's lineup is the strongest out of any. Sevelon is a good National Dex OU player and will be able to support other players well, while picking up a very solid record himself. Stareal clearly has the drive to do well, managing to qualify for OLT, and other players like Sabella should do well if they care enough. !!11!1!! is, in my opinion, the best National Dex UU support. Together with martha or Maki, I reckon they will do well in National Dex UU. Unicorns and Alice are decent players overall and will probably manage to do fine too. Kaitlyn will probably be slotted into their Best of 3 slot, where I have doubts of whether they will do well or not. Other than that, Sevelon managed to pick up Avaritia GC, Aurodian, and NuttyRabbit, who will be nice additions to fine tune their teams. Players like Yami, Airwind, and DerpyBoi are honestly questionmarks for me, but we will see how they'll do I suppose.

In case I didn't make it clear in the first paragraph, I believe that this is one of the best teams. They have very solid players in Sevelon, Maki, Sabella, and Stareal, and sufficient National Dex OU support. They also got the best National Dex UU support in !!11!1!!. The only issue I see is their Best of 3 slot, but I believe that this team is for sure a playoffs contender.

:melmetal: The Pleasednuts :melmetal:
Micaiah, DNNP, Fardin, PA, LuckOverSkill, Niko, Geysers, zugubu royale, umbreon098, Averardo, H.M.N.I.P, Renny

This is what happens when you let someone draft FILO. With Micaiah taking the lead in National Dex OU, I think he will manage to put up a solid record together with players like zugubu royale and Niko. Fardin is arguably the best Anything Goes player in this pool, but he might have to be slotted into Best of 3 with Geysers taking the wheel in Anything Goes. Regardless, I can't see him doing any worse than 4-1 wherever he is slotted. Averardo has also been playing National Dex UU and will probably manage to do pretty well. The only questionmark I have is their second National Dex UU player. It could be PA, DNNP, or perhaps Micaiah decides to shake it up through putting zugubu royale into the tier.

I rate this team and think they will do pretty well depending on how well some of their players manage to pick up National Dex OU and National Dex UU as the tournament progresses.

:skarmory: Stalwart Skarmories :skarmory:
SputnikGT, faded love, HoodedZack, N_Mareanie, trace, temp, Solaros & Lunaris, Bread Sandwich, Maple, EviGaro, Sagisolar, pileosand, Ho3nConfirm3d

This team is interesting. SputnikGT is solid at National Dex, and together with faded love, HoodedZack, Solaros & Lunaris, and Sagisolar, they will have plenty of options in National Dex OU that can do well. N_Mareanie is the best National Dex UU support option right behind !!11!1!!. He knows the tier like the back of his hand and is a decent player. Together with temp, they should do well in National Dex UU too. Bread Sandwich is likely their National Dex AG starter, but I am not entirely convinced of how well he will do considering the rest of the pool. Their Best of 3 slot I reckon will go to trace, where if he is motivated enough to put effort into his prep and familiarizing with the tiers, he is definitely going to do pretty good.

This team is solid. I do not think it's quite on the level of the Chicago Krookodiles, but they should be fine.

:toxapex: Pogging Pexs :toxapex:
Chloe, xavgb, Zneon, Jordy, Lilburr, Drud, Ruft, SHSP, WSun1, Saladae, I Eat Snoms, ShionShadows

I won't speak too much on our team, but I believe it's pretty good overall.

Overall Rankings:

1. Krookodiles
2. Skarmories
3. Pexes
4. Farfetch'ds
5. Pleasednuts
6. Absols

Ofcourse, you should take this post with a grain of salt; these are merely my predictive thoughts on how everyone will do after looking at the rosters. I am very open to be proven wrong by teams!

Sputnik

Bono My Tires are Deceased
is a Contributor Alumnus
Some more power rankings incoming

:farfetchd: Freedom Farfetch'd

Velvet went crazy on the spending early in the draft, snagging Finch and pricing PDT out of everyone's range. Devin is also a really good player, Skysolo is in the picture, and Velvet also managed to pick up Skoun for a reasonable price, someone who I think could end up being a rather underrated pick. My main concern with this team is a distinct lack of experienced Nat Dex building support when compared to some of the other teams here. To my knowledge the main Nat Dex players are Skoun and 64 Squares (Who I imagine will be the AG player), and this puts a lot of pressure on them to support the rest of their team with good teams and knowledge. Having M00la as your UU support is also...lets go with interesting. This team can definitely pull it off if they get the right support, but I'm not entirely convinced that they will, and I currently see them being middle of the pack.

:absol: Slateport Absols

Ainz snagged two fantastic players early in Chazm, who is likely to be the main OU support, and Bacon, who I imagine will take up BO3 and will likely dominate in that slot. Niadev is also solid NatDex UU support, Raj recently won the NatDex UU tournament, and Nevelle is a good AG player. I actually this team has a pretty solid starting lineup if they get the proper support, however I'm not convinced on their depth and I don't see an ability to confidently mix things up and sub people in and out here. This, again, puts a lot of pressure on Chazm and Niadev (and Bacon to a lesser extent) in order to support their team and puts a ton of pressure on players like Splash, Chazm, and Bacon to consistently turn in results. Once again, I see them as a middle of the pack player.

:krookodile: Chicago Krookodile

Sevelon snagged a ton of really good players on the cheap, which left him with a very solid roster. Sev himself is also capable of providing good OU support, and it will be interesting to see what players like Aurodian and Nutty can provide in that field as well. Baker on UU is also one of the top two options for UU support, and he will be able to provide his players with quality teams. Players like Stareal and Sabella definitely have the potential to put in work for this team as well, and grabbing players like Unicorns for like no money was an excellent play as well. To me the Krookodiles are one of the truly top tier contenders here.

:melmetal: The Pleasednuts

This team is honestly somewhat of a question mark for me, I don't know many of these players that well. I know Fardin and Geysers give this team what is likely the best overall AG lineup but to my knowledge they don't really support the main metas as much. Micaiah has stated that he really wants to grind and learn the National Dex metagame, which is good because this team is really lacking in support in that department. The only player here that has played in a few other National Dex tournaments is Zubugu, who builds kinda go by the beat of their own drum and tend to really be built for his own playstyle. Generally that's not a bad thing, but I don't know if I trust his ability to support his teammates off of that. The lack of support is overall concerning enough for me to put them at the bottom for me, however they are by no means bad at all and a playoff run is definitely still on the table.

:skarmory: Stalwart Skarmories

I don't really wanna toot my own horn here so I'm gonna keep this short. I think that a strong contender for the top spot here has been built in both the fields of quality players and the support for the respective metagames. I hope that we can do well and I believe this team can hang with the best of them.

:toxapex: Pogging Pexs

Jho's efforts to rebuild the OMPL team that won CAPPL were dashed when Velvet spent an absurd amount of money on PDT, but there's still a really solid roster of players here. Jordy worked his butt off during CAPPL in order to build and test teams, and if he can put the same amount of work in here he will be able to provide players like Ruft and xavgb with really solid teams to succeed, especially with Zneon helping him out. Chloe is good AG support, and Lilburr will probably act as chief UU support, which isn't one of the native options for NatDex UU but they should work well. This team will depend heavily on the success of the builders, which puts an absurd amount of pressure on Jordy and Zneon in particular, but this team can contend for the top spot if they can give their players the right tools.

The Results
1. Skarmories (
This might come off as biased but I do truly believe we have a really solid squad here)
2. Krooks
3. Pex
4. Farfetch'd
5. Absols
6. Pleasednuts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)