Tournament NDPL II - Finals [Won by Crying Cubchoos]

Status
Not open for further replies.
art by Dharma
Replays and Usage Stats
NDPL Sheet
(courtesy of freezai and Simbo, maintained by Avaritia GC)

Rules
  • Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Post replays. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.

:cubchoo: Crying Cubchoos (4) vs Brazy Braixens (4) :braixen:
National Dex: ez vs Drud
National Dex: jonfilch vs Roginald
National Dex: pj vs baconeatinassassin
National Dex UU: Lunala vs Royal1604
National Dex Monotype: Isza vs Baloor
National Dex Monotype: Crashy vs maroon
National Dex AG: Ballfire vs Nevelle
National Dex Bo3: crying vs Kate

You have until December 5th 23:59 GMT-5 to get your games complete.

Tiebreaker

:cubchoo: (2) Crying Cubchoos vs Brazy Braixens (1) :braixen:
National Dex: ez vs baconeatinassassin
National dex AG: Ballfire vs Kate
Deadline for tiebreaker will be Sunday, 12th of December at 11:59pm GMT-5

Last edited by a moderator:

spell

breathe again in the world anew
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
National Dex: ez vs Drud - possibly the easiest game to predict for out of the bunch outside of isza v baloor. ez is VERY motivated to win (very), if he loses he'll probably look himself in the mirror and call himself bad things which I know none of us want to happen. He's also performed the best in this tour outside of Kate with a dominant 6-1 performance only losing to the goat SpookyZ. If he loses then every other slot loses as well because when ur MANAGER loses, you know shit went wrong.

National Dex: jonfilch vs Roginald - jon is just a better and more solid player overall compared to Rogi. I can't really say more than that, he brings consistent and strong teams, and has tried to build his own teams before early on so I ain't going to say he is at a disadvantage when it comes to knowledge on what runs what. Very hard for me to go against future smogon tour winner jonny filch.

National Dex: pj vs baconeatinassassin - This game for sure is one to watch - I can't really go with either of these guys because of just how good they are at the game, and at this tier by extension. Praj knows when to pull triggers amazingly which we saw in his last game although how much of that I can attest to him getting bailed by his opponent is in the air, but he definitely was in Kyo's mind for a good portion of that game. Bacon came off of a cruical tiebreak win vs another indian in IPF, so maybe he could go 2 for 2 in wins vs indians with this haha... Again, one to watch. This should definitely be everyones highlight along with the other MU i'll go over.

National Dex UU: Lunala vs Royal1604 - Luna sucks gg

National Dex Monotype: Isza vs Baloor - someone was going to get fed to him, and sadly it's Baloor.

National Dex Monotype: Crashy vs maroon - Maroon may be positive, and Crashy may be neutral right now, but I don't think he'll lose this one. Crashy 2-0d mush which is something I doubt a lot of people can claim to have done, and he also has the support of Isza in the builder which helps too seeing as he is also a very dominant force in Mono. Again my mono knowledge isnt the greatest but this what I think about this MU, could obviously be proven wrong since this is Pokemon we play at the end of the day.

National Dex AG: Ballfire vs Nevelle - As much as I hate to say it, this undoubtedly goes to Nev. He may be spamming replays of him decimating Will or random AG room tournament players instead of actually prepping but when given a team that does not have one of Smeargle, Kartana, or Dialga, he can definitely pull the win. Unfortunate for Ballfire really since I think he can win if he really puts his head into the game and either outpreps/outplays Nevelle and the 6 or so support builders Braixens has at their disposal. He's a good player but i'm gonna have to go with someone better. Sorry balls :(

National Dex Bo3: crying (OU) vs Kate (AG, UU)- This could honestly go either way seeing as both players are pretty talented at the game and shouldnt be wasting it on this fucking untier LOL. I personally think AG and UU would go to Kate; AG going to Kate isn't something anyone is going to question, she's definitely the best player in that tier. UU is also going to Kate because I believe its really the tossup out of the 3, and Kate's showing in UU has been far more impressive than crying's. crying's win will come in OU I believe, Kate hasn't been doing too hot in OU during PL (think she has a better UU and AG record in bo3 than OU) whereas crying is extra motivated to get revenge. This will be a very good series either way, their last bout was quite enjoyable so I wouldn't put it past them to play another 3 exceptional games.

Last edited:

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
Proxy posting tiebreaker on behalf of Avaritia GC.
Brazy Braixens and Crying Cubchoos have tied so we'll have a tiebreaker between these two teams to decide who wins. Same rules in the OP apply here.

:cubchoo: (1) Crying Cubchoos vs Brazy Braixens (1) :braixen:
National Dex: ez vs baconeatinassassin
National dex AG: Ballfire vs Kate
Deadline will be Sunday, 12th of December at 11:59pm GMT-5.
Good luck to both teams!

Last edited:
won vs kate, gg https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8nationaldexag-597020

shoutouts time!
ez: You've been a great captain. You had a crazy record. You motivated us in your weird ways. Thank you!
Crying: You're a very pleasant person to talk to and helped me a lot when i was still figuring out the meta. I think your pessimism complemented my optimism nicely (on teambuilding).
isza: Honestly the best player on our team. You always carried your weight in game and offered incredibly support in mono and OU.
jon: Idk much about OU, but you won a bunch of games and were a cool guy in general :sunglasses:
pj: You're a great dude and I'm glad you got a chance to win some games. You also posted motivational quotes like a facebook mom LOL.
crashy: I didn't bother looking at the monotypes channel but the interactions i had with you were nice!
lunala: You had a rough ndpl but I'm glad you pulled through and won when it mattered the most! You were also active in tie breaker week which was very cool :>
dieu: French. Weeb. Automatically goated. It's unfortunate that you didn't have a good record this tour but it's mono.
afakedugong: You lost to airfare :angry:
ballfire: yes i'm shouting out myself I'm the best 3k player EVER :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Fylkir: You're funny
Omi: Thank you for being a positive presence in our teamchat. You drafted airfare though
Jerry: Thank you for the tests and a good friend!!
Geysers: Getting you as a helper was the best decision I made in ndpl. You were pretty busy but all your calls were insane (Life Orb Kyogre and Mega Gengar + Calyrex-s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)