Other Metagames Necrozma Anger Management (RMT Mix and Mega)

This is my first RMT, let me know how i can improve please.

https://pokepast.es/504612213c8d5b0d

This team started with Necrozma/Tapu lele, and the goal was synergy in a setup sweeper and wall breaker both abusing psychic terrain.

Necrozma @ Sablenite
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Iron Defense
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Stored Power

The goal is to typically set up on -ate mons or any general physical attacker. Calm mind is useful for the opponent’s expected response to switching to their special wall breaker. Needs to be weary of weather, particularly Golisopod. Needs to be careful of mold breaker, heart swap and set up moves. Immediately loses to dark types of course.

Tapu Lele @ Diancite
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt

The stable wall breaker which sets itself apart with it’s psychic terrain, arguably reducing the negative effects of its mega stone, but capitalizing on the boosted sp atk and speed. Psyshock for the Blisseys. Thunderbolt for the the Celesteelas/Lugias (and i was never going to hit Focus Blast verses Magearna anyway). Naturally useful for dark types. Once psychic terrain ends, needs to avoid most neutral hits/ e-speed - ates because it will likely kill.

Weavile @ Glalitite
Ability: Pressure
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Feint
- Frustration
- Low Sweep

I know, a bit odd considering I use Lele. Weavile does 1 thing really well, and without psychic terrain I immediately become weak to the "-ates" again. A safe lead for standard Fake Out scouting and useful versus Zygarde, Diancite glass cannons like Blacephalon, Groudon, Arceus-G just to name a few. I opt out of dark move stab because Low Sweep is more useful against Magearna, Steel/Aerilate mons, and Aggronite mons. I prefer the stat drop so something else can revenge kill and damage is always consistent. Low Kick has too much variability, Brick Break is not worth the slight BP increase. Power-up Punch does not do enough damage in my opinion and Weavile rarely will get time to set up anyway. Adamant to abuse the power and priority. Needs a safe switch in to work, limited in psychic terrain and can lose to opposing Jolly nature Weavile.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Mild Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat
- Rock Tomb

One of the most versatile in any metagame that allows it. My set used to be dual dance, which you can try, but I found stealth rocks way more useful for mediating Ho-oh. Rock tomb over smack down for the slight extra BP and the chance to outspeed the opponent and set up rocks once more after rapid spin/defog. Tanks Pixilate well, but doesn't appreciated Zygarde ground move spam. Lures physical walls with rock/ground moves so benefits from having a devastating sp attack invested move (not HP dependent). Does what Groudons do, doesn’t like to shower.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Toxic
- Defog

Not enough of these running around (maybe that’s a good thing). One of the best checks to P-groudon, and my answer versus many red orb users. Also a modest (hehe) check to blue orb users until an ice type move is used. Max sp atk investment because it's natural typing gives it opportunities to resist attacks and fire back to at least 2HKO or 3HKO most neutral switch-ins. Shadow ball over Hex for more consistent damage not dependent on status, particularly on steel switch ins. Toxic over T-Wave for Groudon/Zygarde-C. Not a fan of any given “-ate” user.

Tapu Bulu @ Lopunnite
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

The dark horse of the team. I’ve tested different members like Kartana with the same mega stone (and I think Kartana is good but Ho-Oh man...). Stone edge is very appreciated for coverage to common fire types trying to capitalize, and Tapu Bulu makes sense to assist with that dark weakness so Necrozma can do it’s thing. Weak to the “ates”, and bulky fire types. Swords dance over Bulk up because of the Superpower attack drop which can cripple the set.

Problems for the team:

Ho-oh/magic bounce/hazard control: 50/50s with Sablenite can prevent my hazards and get an easy OHKO or 2HKO whenever Ho-Oh switches in safety and clicks a button. It forces my Tapu Lele to mega evolve and can take one unboosted attack from most of the team. It eats rock tombs from groudon for lunch, so i’m dependent on Tapu Bulu stone edge. This is why i have to choose Bulu over Kartana.

Imposter proofing takes a lot of planning. Overall the team has a few checks I argue could work. Weavile - > Tapu Bulu; Giratina - > Groudon ; and without boosts my Necrozma is easily neutralized. Generally though, a reverse sweep with transformed Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu or boosted Necrozma can be problematic. I need to avoid mega evolving my Lele in these matchups.

Pixelate/Aerilate - It seem obvious to better plan for a meta standard, but the variety makes this an honorable mention for any team, in my opinion. Shift gear at any time will probably kill/severely cripple the team unless I switch immediately into Groudon. Weavile/Tapu Lele are critical for handling e-speed.

Necrozma-Ultra/ - Tapu Lele is decent verses it but allowing setup can be a problem. Weavile acts as a secondary counter, but Necrozma is my only real switch in.

Splash Solgaleo - Uncommon, but Giratina-O has to kill it before it gets out of hand.

Lunala - With a choice scarf it still outspeeds a majority of the team, and moongeist beam is exceptionally free. Weavile resists the stabs, but it does not switch in and does not run any dark moves.

Kartana - Metagrossite is the main threat I think of. Its stab moves either do neutral or super effective, Lopunnite/Pinsirite can be a problem too.

Darkrai. Luckily, Diancite Darkrai is uncommon because “-ate users” are a thing, but Darkrai can quickly 6-0 me with psychic terrain from either my own Lele or the opponent’s. Dark pulse/sludge bomb coverage is threatening against me.

Stall: Might as well be playing BH if i run into it.

Thoughts?

Hello!

I noticed a few issues when looking at your team, most notably the lack of Calm Mind Magearna pressure. As well as the aforementioned threats shown on your list, I have attempted to adjust the team to fit both this and the metagame.

Major changes:

I instead opted for Arceus-Water over Tapu Bulu, as your team needed a proper resistance to Ho-oh and Zygarde, which this Pokemon provides.

I then opted for Latiasite Magearna over your Necrozma, as it gives the team an adequate stallbreaker and somewhat of a Darkrai and Tapu Lele resistance. This also gives you a solid Ground-immunity; making previously difficult to deal with Pokemon such as Will-o-wisp Arceus-Ground free setup fodder.

Finally I exchanged out Weavile for Blastoisinite Darkrai, which gives you a solid wallbreaker alongside a good core to punish Magearna and other Steel-types with. It also gives you a good revenge killer to Lunala, which would otherwise freely set up on Arceus-Water, your best switchin, and win.

Minor changes:

I changed Giratina's Shadow Ball into Hex - this is to allow you to get the damage boost on Giratina's common switchins. I would also recommend running Thunder Wave over Toxic, as it punishes a greater majority of the metagame.

I also changed Tapu Lele to be timid - you absolutely NEED the Speed tier to not be food to Kartana, and I also spiced up the moveset a bit.

Optional:

I think you can change Primal Groudon's set to a Physically-based defensive set. This would allow it to take on Kartana and Terrakion, allowing for your team to play more recklessly.

Have fun!

https://pokepast.es/6708c61ad1fadd13

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)