BSS Necrozma-DM

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Flash Cannon / Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun

Calm Mind may seem like sheer lunacy with Necrozma-DM's impressive Attack stat, but this set gets enough quick boosts between Max Steelspike, Weakness Policy, and Calm Mind to beef up Stored Power fast! The defensive investment, Morning Sun, and Calm Mind make Necrozma-DM even harder to KO than usual, giving it more setup chances than physical sets. If set-up gets tough, remember that Stored Power always becomes a powerful Max Mindstorm as well. Flash Cannon is usually the best Max Steelspike moves alongside Calm Mind, but Sunsteel Strike is a reasonable option if the rare Xerneas is a huge problem for your team, and it actually does more damage without boosts!

Yveltal, Kyogre, and Calyrex-S are big obstacles to setting up. Tyranitar is one of the best checks to Yveltal and Calyrex-S available, with its Assault Vest set being particularly good. Utility Umbrella Blissey can check Kyogre, and it can Dynamax in emergences to massively damage Calyrex-S with Max Phantasm. Mimikyu can pressure Calyrex-S and Yveltal at Team Preview, and it does a decent job of stalling out Dynamax turns if using Substitute.

Last edited:

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I got this ready for QC! Currently I'm a bit over the character limit at 1075 characters. Not sure if that's too much or not, but I think some cutting may be in order.

I did do a thing that isn't common, in mentioning the base power of Max Mindstorm. I realize that may seem like a "dex" thing, but the reason I mention it is because a lot folks seem surprised that an initially 20 BP move becomes a 140 BP move when Dynamaxed, and I feel that's actually an important aspect to using this set (though I brush over it a bit because of limited space.)

Otherwise, hopefully after a QC check we can whittle this thing down a bit!

chemcoop

Here is something to believe in!
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Two-Time Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Community Leader
Sorry, have been out of town for the past week w/o internet and looks like no one else got around to this.

Everything looks good for the set description and for the threats/partners section, QC 1/1

You can def chop out some of the phrases like "(or Moonlight if you're a rebel)" and "and actually does more damage unboosted with a Bold nature and 31 Attack IVs than Flash Cannon!" if you're looking to cut down on characters as those aren't strictly necessary to the set description, but I'll leave that to GP for final decision.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
Level: 50 (separated level and EV lines)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Flash Cannon / Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun

Calm Mind may seem like sheer lunacy with Necrozma-DM's impressive Attack stat, but this set gets enough quick boosts between Max Steelspike, Weakness Policy, and set-up Calm Mind to beef up Stored Power fast! The defensive investment, Morning Sun (or Moonlight if you're a rebel) and Calm Mind makes Necrozma-DM even more difficult Morning Sun, and Calm Mind make Necrozma-DM even harder to KO than usual, giving it more set up chances compared to its setup chances than physical sets. When If set-up gets tough, remember that Stored Power always becomes a powerful Max Mindstorm as well. Flash Cannon is usually the best Max Steelspike move for the boosts it gets from alongside Calm Mind, but Sunsteel Strike is a reasonable option if the rare Xerneas is a huge problem for your team, and actually does more damage unboosted with a Bold nature and 31 Attack IVs than Flash Cannon! it actually does more damage without boosts!

Yveltal, Kyogre, and Calyrex-S are big issues to prepare for, as Necrozma-DM will have a hard time setting up on them. obstacles to setting up. Tyranitar is one of the best checks to Yveltal and Calyrex-S avaliable, available, with its Assault Vest set being particularly good. Utility Umbrella Blissey can check Kyogre, and it can Dynamax in emergences to deal massive damage to massively damage Calyrex-S with Max Phantasm. Mimikyu can apply pressure in team preview against Calyrex-S and Yveltal, and pressure Calyrex-S and Yveltal at Team Preview, and it does a decent job of stalling out Dynamaxes Dynamax turns if using Substitute.

mothman.gif

warioware avi i approve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)