Other Metagames Need Advice for my AAA Team

I've recently began playing AAA and created an offensive electric terrain team for it. It just loses to stall for some reason. Perhaps I'm choking as well when playing, but if the team's bad, the play will necessarily be bad as well, so I need to get the team improved first. The importable is below:

Xurkitree @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Tail Glow
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Energy Ball

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Wish
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Fire Punch
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Now, a description of each team member. I want to keep this team skeleton, but will take suggestions for alternative mons or sets.

Xurkitree @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Tail Glow
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Energy Ball
This is the electric terrain sweeper of the team. It has nice bolt-beam coverage, ohkoing stuff like lando-t and gliskor. It gets ohkos on most neutral offensive targets with thunderbolt. Total destruction. Energy ball is for bulky water, though I rarely ever use it. Maybe I should replace it.
I've also thought about running electrium-z+electric terrain > tail glow, because I rarely get the chance to set up tail glow except for against fulll stall teams, and that takes away from my turns of electric terrain. Also the z electric terrain would give me extra speed. Life orb recoil also makes this thing die more quickly than i'd like, since it can't take hits, and it often has to if it can't ohko something.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Wish
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
This is the real ? for me right now. I can't find a solid defensive wall that resists electric and also fire, which my team seems to be very weak to, that has solid support moves. I tried Celebi as well, but it got destroyed by u-turn, so I switched to Jirachi, which does better as a tank but lacks reliable recovery and just falls against Ground and Fire attacks. It almost never uses other moves besides u-turn, since it can't afford to be taking hits, even with access to wish. U-turn is very nice for switching into an electric terrain sweeper to start taking names though, so the ideal teammate would have access to u-turn, reliable recovery, have nice defensive stats and resist electric and fire moves.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Fire Punch
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
Not sure why Protean is still unbanned from this meta, but everyone's doing it so why shouldn't I? Physical Hoopa-U sets are all the rage right now, and especially when equipped with a scarf, it can outspeed so much of the meta and deal impressive damage. It's best use as a hit and runner to score chip damage on things. I really like Drain punch, which can give it some solid recovery.

Magearna @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere
This mon is probably the MVP, taking even non-stab Fire special moves like Celesteela's Flamethrower alright, avoiding the 2hKO, and pivoting back out. It still is very weak against physical fire moves such as Mega-zard x's flair blitz, which nothing on this team can take if sun is up. Flash Cannon and Fleur cannon are solid stab, and Aura Sphere can dent Heatran and Excadrill.

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt
This is the other half of the electric terrain core. I have also experimented with running adaptbility on this mon, but Tinted Lens actually nets better average damage against targets that resist electric or fairy so it can hit really hard against them. It dealt 68% to a Spd celebi under Electric Terrain and forced it to switch out. Taunt helps to break through stall, tohugh I never seem to use it at the right time. This mon's bulk is pretty bad, so two neutral hits or a single supereffective one will quickly finish it.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

The other half of the regenerator core. It can tank a lot of physical hits and then pivot out. Swords dance is also another thing to use against stall once you know that they don't have anything to hit it with. A swords Dance boosted u-turn still hurts a fair amount also.

Wow I really like the idea of Electric Surge Victini, and will definitely be trying it out! The reason for running scarf Hoopa U is that it can outspeed a lot of the offensive met, while Life Orb does not, and I hate risking that the opponent will just stay in and click something that will OHKO it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)