Need feedback on this balanced team

I've been using this team for about 2-3 months now, I've been getting plenty of wins with this team but most of times when I lose it is against teams that use ailments against my team such as burning and paralyzing my pokemon. Can anyone find a solution to my team?

Here is my team:

Great Tusk @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Ice Spinner
- Bulk Up

Great tusk is my physical attacker, He can bulk up setup to sweep opponents. I usually put it in when its against a physical attacker because it has a high defensive stat so that I can setup. Booster energy to increase speed, 4 on attack stat because it needs to be lower than the speed stat to let the booster energy boost the speed stat and high HP stat so that it can setup without dying.

Dragapult @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Speedy offensive special attacker, I like this pokemon. It counters gholdengo with its speed and shadow ball and also avoids ailments with its substitute. I run Draco Meteor because it is very powerful and I run thunderbolt because it is a very good coverage move.

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Body Press
- Defog
- Brave Bird

Corviknight is my defensive pokemon and the one that clears hazards. Corviknight is good because it is steel and flying type which makes it immune to poison and avoid some hazards. It has roost to heal itself, body press for offense because it has a higher defense stat than attack stat, defog to clear hazards and brave bird because it is a high attacking move and also it can heal itself again with roost and leftovers.

Gholdengo @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

for covering against status moves like hazards and ailments. Gholdengo has great special attack stat and a powerful move Make It Rain. I use air balloon to cover its ground weakness for against great tusk, etc. Shadow ball because it is a stab move and thunderbolt because it is a good coverage move.

Ting-Lu @ Leftovers
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Whirlwind
- Ruination
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Special defensive pokemon, T-lu can setup Stealth Rock and make opposing pokemon switch with Whirlwind. Ting-lu is a very overpowered with its high HP stat and High Sp.Def stat and its ability Vessel of Ruin. Earthquake because it is stab and ruination because it halfs the opposing pokemon's HP no matter what.

Meowscarada @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn
- Flower Trick

Meowscarada is a speedy pivot and lead, it has knock off to take away the opposing pokemon's item and sucker punch to counter Dragapult. Flower trick because it is stab and always crit and U-turn to swap to another pokemon. It has heavy duty boots so that when it swaps in it doesn't take damage from hazards and it has the ability Protean so that it could potentially help when it might get hit by a super effective move.

Interesting team! It has alot of post home mons. I'll do my best to improve your team and give you some advice (like weaknesses)

General Improvements:

Set Changes:

Change :meowscarada:'s set to :choice-scarf:. :choice-scarf: might seem bad because you are locked into one move, but because of Protean, :meowscarada: only gets to use one move that is stab boosted. This set fits much better on your team as most :choice-scarf: users outspeed your entire team like :choice-scarf: :samurott-hisui: being able to outspeed you 2 fastest mons (:meowscarada: and :dragapult:) and kill both of them. With :choice-scarf::meowscarada:, you can surprise other :choice-scarf: users that stay in thinking that they outspeed (eg. :enamorus:). And also other faster mons that you normally don't outspeed like :dragapult:. The moveset is pretty much the same, but because you are so fast now, you can just run another coverage move instead of sucker punch. Some options for this are thunder punch for hitting flying type pokemon like:Corviknight:and :enamorus: or you could run play rough for hitting things weak to fairy like :iron-valiant:. A last option is low kick. It hits :kingambit: and Ursaluna hard and other steel types that resist :meowscarada:'s other moves. I'll provide the set below along with the coverage moves.

meow's new scarf ---> https://pokepast.es/c6c19e1e276d8fcf

Change :dragapult:'s set to the standard :choice-specs: set. Your team lacks power and good pivots. With this set, :dragapult: becomes much more powerfull. All of its moves hit harder and also u-turn to switch in and revenge kill. With a double u-turn core, you can swap from :dragapult: and :meowscarada: to constantly chip down the opponent's team or force a switch. Let me give you a quick rundown of the set. Draco Metor and Shadow Ball are good stab moves, Flamethrower to hit steels which your team really likes and u-turn for momentum. This set is way better than the one you are running.

pult's new glasses ---> https://pokepast.es/4b699fc4ea12e1b6

Small Changes:

(I'm sure that you forgot to add tera types but imma recommend the best ones)

Swap :dragapult:'s tera for ghost. draco-metor is already so strong so there is no need to add more power for it. Use tera ghost to power up stabs and to shed weaknesses from fairy, ice and dragon.

Swap :Corviknight:'s tera from flying to water. This provides a resist to water which is good for the rain matchup. It looses its weakness to fire and you can always just ignore its electric weakness with :ting-lu: .

Swap :gholdengo:'s tera to fighting/flying. Fighting resists its dark type weakness and flying can provide an immunity to ground if your balloon is popped.

Swap :ting-lu:'s tera from Dark to Poison. This is so that it resists fairy which is very valuable with fairies running around like :iron-valiant: and :enamorus:.

Swap :Meowscarada:'s tera to ghost. Its my personal fave tera. It resists bug type, is immune to normal moves like e-speed and also is immune to fighting moves too. This makes it a great tera as it covers alot of :Meowscarada:'s weaknesses.

Notes:
If you are that worried about status, just let one of your mons be status'd eg :ting-lu: and when you think the opponent is going to go for a status move then just switch into the status move and it will fail bc :ting-lu: is already status'd. :ting-lu: already provides an immunity to thunder wave and also it resists moves that double in power when your mon is status'd like hex.

Another step is to replace :ting-lu: with :Hatterene:. :Hatterene:'s ability bounces back hazards and status moves. This can make the other team work for you by just inflicting status themselves. Just be aware that Ceaseless Edge from :samurott-hisui: and Stone Axe from :kleavor: ignore :Hatterene:'s ability

Thats it! Hope my suggestions help. Go get em!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)