SM OU Need help- newbie alert

Hey, so I'm a noob when it comes to competitive battling, and I'd like some help with a team built around contrary Serperior. Here's my current thoughts:

Serperior
Contrary
Keiba Berry
Timid, 252 Sp. Atk, 4, Sp. Def, 252 Spe
Leaf Storm
Dragon Pulse
Giga Drain
Subsitute

The mon this team's based on is Serp. I found that Ash-Greninja is one of the most annoying f*ckers in regards to Serp, so Keiba Berry is used to help with Gunk Shot (Serp can survive Ice beam at full health). Leaf storm for Contrary buffs, Dragon Pulse for coverage. Giga drain is just to regain heath. Subsitute is for those free chances Serp forces a switch.

Landorus-Therian
Intimidate
Rocky Helmet
Impish, 252 Hp, 240 Def, 16 Spe
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Defog
U-turn

Lando is the stealth rock setter for this team, which helps Serp pick up the OHKO with that bit of chip damage. Defog is weird, but hazards are no-go for Serp so on it goes. Earhquake is just for STAB damage, and U-turn to keep up momentum. Lando takes care of Heatran which causes a lot of problems for Serp

Pelipper
Drizzle
Damp Rock
Bold, 248 Hp, 252 Def, 8 Sp. Atk
Hurricane
Scald
U-turn
Roost

This seems weird, but hear me out. Most of this team has problems with fire-types (you'll see later on) so Pelipper is a really nice teammate to have. Plus, it takes care of a really pesky mon known as Tangrowth with Hurricane, and Scald is just soooo good for crippling physical attackers.

Tapu Koko
Electric Surge
Magnet
Timid, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 Sp. Def, 252 Spe
Thunder
Dazzling Gleam
Hp Ice
Volt Switch

Peliper's Rain helps Tapu because 100% accurate thunder. Dazzling Gleam and HP ice help with coverage. Volt Switch is just for momentum. Tapu is a really nice way to get rid of Cesteela because it walls Serp all day.

Jirachi
Serene Grace
Leftovers
Careful, 248 Hp, 108 Def, 152 Spe
Thunder Wave
Iron Head
Heart Stamp
Healing Wish

Jirachi helps with it's own brand of stall. Flinch Hax can be done with Thunder wave/ Iron head/Heart Stamp. Thanks to rain, Jirachi's fire weakness is nerfed, and Lando takes care of the ground weakness. Healing wish is used to get another teammate up.

Mega Scizor
Technician
Scizornite
Adamant, 248 Hp, 252 Atk, 8 Sp. Def.
Swords Dance
Bug Bite
Bullet Punch
Roost

Goodbye, fairy types! With Rain, scizor's fire weakness is not as bad, and it's offensive prowess helps the team get through things like Clefable much easier. Roost keeps Scizor's health up, and Bug bite and Bullet punch are boosted by technician.

Again, I'm a really big noob when it comes to team building, so this team probably sucks to veteran players, but any help is appreciated.

This team is well built with an emphasis on benifitting from Pelipper rain without being a full on rain team, but I think that you could optimize some of your pokemons better. Some of the items in particular feel awkward, and a lot of your pokemons run movesets that could be better.

Changes
1521417995492.png

Seperior's moveset should be changed. While Dragon Pulse and Giga Drain seem compelling at first, Serperior doesn't need either of them, and rather prefers Hidden Power Fire and Leech Seed over both of them so that it can do as much damage as possible while damaging its checks. Serperior would also prefer Leftovers to the very situational Keiba Berry to help its survivability.
1521418114998.png

I like the idea of incorporating rain as a way to soften the blows of fire pokemon and Magnezone for Scizor while also providing a decent check to the mons that trouble your team, but Pelipper does not need a Damp Rock to provide this. Instead, I believe that you should try putting a Choice Specs instead of a Damp Rock and replace Roost with Knock Off as to both lure Chansey and remove its eviolite while helping your team break thorugh walls. Specs Pelipper is a really underrated wallbreaker, and I think you would do well to use it on your team. Alternatively, if you find that you want walling capabilites more, then give Pelipper Leftovers

1521418372869.png

You should consider making Tapu Koko Choice Specs. And you should also consider changing Thunder to Thunderbolt to accomodate the change I just outlined.
Major Changes
1521418547773.png
to
1521418936161.png

Your team really needs a Choice Scarf user and a mon that can also remove some of Scizor and Serperior's checks. Luckily, Keldeo can do both of those things, revenging the likes of the Charizards, Volcarona, denting Magnezone and Chansey, and can even dent steels who give Serperior and Scizor trouble under the rain, which allows to hit hard under a Scarf. Jirachi doesn't seem to provide too much seeing as Tapu Lele can be handled by Scizor and having Speed Control is neccessary for a good team to function.

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

Pelipper @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Scald
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Stone Edge
- Scald

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)