SV OU Need help with a trick room team (DLC 2)

So I made this cool team and tested it. I have tried my best to optimize it but I suck at teambuilding.

Slowking-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick Room
- Slack Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Future Sight

This thing is a special defense pivot to set up trick room. I gave it slack off so it can stay healthy. I decided to use future sight to try to get my opponent to switch out. When the opponent switches out they give me more trick room uptime.

Necrozma @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Calm Mind
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Morning Sun

This thing is basically my special ursaluna. it sets up, it nukes things. This thing is also a monster under screens and basically will never die. The only issue I have with this thing is I do not really use it at all but I cannot find a replacement.

Ursaluna @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Headlong Rush
- Fire Punch

I really cannot think of how to stretch ursaluna out the 3 sentences but it is big strong funny pokemon. It is also a monster under screens I guess.

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Trick Room
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

This is my lead, I cannot really find another good lead that can set up trick room. It can taunt so hazards don't setup and cripple teams by knock off. It also has stealth rock because opponents love switching out against this team.

Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Stellar
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Aura Sphere
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind

I use this thing to kill stuff when trick room is not up. It also works good against kingambit since he destroys my entire team. The only issue I have is when Kingambit tera to fairy I lose.

Meowstic @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Yawn

This thing sets up screens and trick room. I put yawn on It so I can get a free turn to set up trick room when the opponent switches out. It pairs very well with my team and I don't think it needs to be changed. The only thing I'm having trouble with the the tera type.

Thank you for your help and have a merry Christmas.

it's a cool team if your having trouble using necrozma, I thought raging bolt could be a good substitute. Other than that, maybe switch slack off on slowing to chilly reception.

hope this helps and merry Christmas

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
Replace Mewo with CRess, its bulkier and has better longetivity than Meowstic, and it can do basically the same thing meowstic does except yawn but it gets thunder wave, though if you add thunderwave you get too passive. If you don't use necrozma, i guess raging bolt like CannedBeans5958 suggested would be good. I would suggest more but it would kind of change your team a bit too much, so i'm not going to.
TR is one of my favorite team styles, hope you had fun with it, merry christmas :)

Wouldn't reuniclus be better than necrozma on a trick room team ? It has approximately the same role but is much slower which is a benefit.
An other classic of trick room team is haterene as a suicide lead, setting TR and then give an healing wish.
And did you put 0 iv speed on your TR abusers ?

Roller K

detached
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
I like the general idea of the team, and Trick Room is always a fun playstyle on ladder. I will point out some weaknesses that stood out to me, suggestions I highly recommend, and a couple of teams I made to guide you in the right direction.

Weaknesses
1. Defensive Coverage:
Screenshot 2023-12-23 at 10.17.18 PM.png
is a chart of your team's weaknesses. While very offensive teams like this do not care too much about weaknesses, 4 overlapping weaknesses with Ghost and Dark make you extremely vulnerable to :dragapult:, :gholdengo:, :darkrai:, :kingambit:, and many more. :kingambit: is especially problematic because it is slow and has priority in Sucker Punch, so it can easily dismantle your team if played competently.

2. Not Enough Abusers / Too Many Trick Room Setters: You have three Pokemon that set up Trick Room, and only two Pokemon can abuse Trick Room (realistically one with :ursaluna:; :necrozma: enjoys it but does not abuse it).

Suggestions

1. Replace :slowking-galar: with :deoxys-defense:: This is a nice way to compress roles. :deoxys-defense: boasts a great defensive profile of 50/160/160, has Future Sight, has Trick Room, has Recover/Taunt, and pivots much better with negative-priority Teleport. You can Future Sight, Trick Room, and Teleport into a threat as they are forced to switch to something that can absorb the hit. You miss out on Regenerator healing, but the trade-off is highly worth it as you maintain longevity with Recover and set up Trick Room far more reliably for the team.

2. Replace a Trick Room User with an Abuser: Two TR users and three TR abusers are a stronger combination for TR teams. There are many options, and they include :hydrapple:, :kingambit:, :raging-bolt:, :torkoal:, :basculegion:, :iron-hands:, :azumarill:, :crawdaunt:, :golurk:, :brute-bonnet:, :conkeldurr:, :rhyperior:, :vikavolt:, :crabominable:, :glastrier:, :enamorus-therian:, and many more. Some of those are way less consistent than others, but I listed them for inspiration. You can also use :hatterene: and :reuniclus: as they are TR users who are also abusers. For your team, the best pick is probably :kingambit: as it resists the Ghost/Dark hits coming your way, can threaten Dark-types trying to absorb your Future Sight with Low Kick, and has priority in Sucker Punch so it is not too TR reliant.

3. Patch Up the Ghost/Dark Weakness: The best way to do this is with a Dark-type or a Dark tera.

Sample Teams (click to see the Pokepaste, reply to me if you would like an explanation for the sets)

Original Team: :slowking-galar: :necrozma: :ursaluna: :deoxys-speed: :iron-valiant: :meowstic:
Version 1: :deoxys-defense: :necrozma: :ursaluna: :basculegion: :iron-valiant: :raging-bolt:
Version 2 (preferred): :deoxys-defense: :hydrapple: :ursaluna: :kingambit: :iron-valiant: :hatterene:

I hope this helps!

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)