SM OU Need Help With Araq+Blace team

Hi yall! This is my first ever post and I would like some help with my team. I've had the team for a few weeks and would like some help with it. Team: https://pokepast.es/eb7fdb032874cb85

Poop Loves Keren (Blacephalon) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
1543100347823.png

Blace is a great wall breaker and can win games by itself with the help of sticky webs. Ghostium Z is great on him because it can OHKO many neutral targets and do over 80% on an offensive heatran.

Aie A Mwana (Greninja) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Taunt
1543100917024.png

Greninja has great coverage and can OHKO both forms of T-tar with low kick. Gunk shot helps deal with the tapus. I am debating about replacing Gren with Terrain Hawlucha running a poison jab. Taunt is great for stopping defoggers.

Venus (Pinsir-Mega) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
Pinsir helps breaks through pokemon that the other pokemon cannot break like Tangrowth and Toxapex. At +2 it can OHKO most mons including ferrothorn.
1543100956274.png

I Want You Back (Serperior) @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Nature Power

I have been playing around with Serperior but I really like this set because nature power combined with electric terrain helps gets rid of those pesky flying mons. Serperior is also our soft check to pokemon that would use ground type moves such as Zygarde and scarf lando. HP fire provides excellent coverage and OHKOS Mega Scizor.
1543100980137.png

Na Na Hey Hey (Tapu Koko) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Tapu Koko is here for the terrain and to keep the momentum going. Koko has the power to OHKO defensive lando with hp ice. Thunder can OHKO any heatran besides the sp def version. Dazzling gleam is a nice stab move to help deal with Dark type pokemon that would otherwise be a problem for Blace
1543100995627.png

Cruel Summer (Araquanid) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Mirror Coat
- Magic Coat
- Sticky Web

Not much to say about this mon. It is our sticky web and can 1v1 most stealth rock leads. Magic coat helps bounce back hazards and toxic. Mirror coat allows us to 1v1 OHKO Koko if were at full health. It is also useful vs rotom-w's volt switch to help chunk something that would break araquanid.
1543101016414.png

AAamen

☆Ojama: gg team italy
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I don't see Stealth Rock, ok...
I think that team has potential, it just need better offensive potential because of its playstyle.
You might have Magic Coat on Araquanaid but you don't have any hazard control, and that's bad since you have Blace and Pinsir.
The team's promise is good but it has big flaws that i have already mentioned and some that i haven't.
Losing a 50/50 with Araqua is enough to have the game lost so we must do several fixes.
Major Flaws:
The lack of Hazard Control:There's only mon that can solve this, Excadrill. With Focus Sash Excadrill. Excadrill has both Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin and the Ground Type that helps against VSwitch spam so i would say that Exca is required
Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Tomb/Toxic

I think you should replace Blace for Exca and give Fightinium z to Ninja.
I don't really like that Dragon Pulse on Perior, i think you should put Glare over it, while Nature Power is alright and original but you must be really careful with it.
Tapu Koko:Thunderbolt>Thunder because Thunder has low accuracy.
Pinsir:Close Combat>Earthquake in order to Kill Tyranitar and hit Celesteela
Conclusions:The team should be good for now, the only very very big flaw was the hazard issue, hope the fixes will be helpful!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)