SV Ubers Need help with team, i want to build this team revolving around sweeping with trick room ndm but something feels wrong when i ladder.

So here i am again, building another team after team after gaining more experience from playing with a team made by zest of life, this team is quite similar to that team but i am trying to make it so i am not weak to the top threats in the metagame and so that i can have a chance against most archetypes, so here is the team:

Necrozma-dusk mane @ weakness policy
Ability: prism armor
tera type: fire
EVs: 248hp / 252atk / 8def
brave nature
swords dance
earthquake
photon geyser
trick room
Ivs: 1 spe

the premier wincon of this team/ hole breaker, i can setup against almost anything with the exception if ting lu and ho oh when unboosted, prism armor and the bulk allows weakness policy to easily activate and tera fire is used to avoid burns. probably the most consistant member of the team.

Ting-lu @ leftovers
ability: vessel of ruin
tera type: fairy
EVs: 248 hp/ 8def / 252spdef
careful nature
ruination
earthquake
whirlwind
spikes

In the original team, this slot was for gliscor, which easily toxic stalled physical attackers and spiked everywhere, but with gliscor i was not able to deal with double dance miraidon behind screens as it easily outsped everything and swept, the only phazer on the team is weak to it. this is my main check to miraidon and a semicheck to some variations of ho oh, it can still spike but can no longer click toxic and is worn by opposing hazards. if you have any way to make this team better please help.

arceus @ silk scarf
Ability: multitype
Tera type: ghost
Evs: 200hp / 252atk / 56spe
adamant nature
extreme speed
shadow claw
earthquake
swords dance

the standard ekiller set, here to deal with scale shot koraidon and to stop it from sweeping instantly, this is very important to this team as i need it for priority.
this however struggles against opposing trick room ndm and i have considered using a boots defensive arc normal made by fardin but canceled it. trick room ndm clicks trick room on this thing and kills as photon geyser shreds it. tho tera ghost koraidon can lose me the game if i espeed into sd.

koraidon @ loaded dice
Ability: orichalcum pulse
tera type: ghost
Evs: 252atk / 4def / 252spe
jolly nature
swords dance
flare blitz
scale shot
low kick

the standard koraidon set, even though its very strong on paper the defense drops and stuff like zacian, bulky fairies, sometimes scarf bikes stops setup, and many teams in this metagame seems to counter it for obvious reasons, i have tried flame charge before but forgot the results, so maybe i should use flame charge instead?
tho if i use flame charge arc fairy would wall me more easily and+2 flare blitz needs tera to beat acr fairy anyways.

Miraidon @ life orb
Ability: hadron engine
Tera type: fairy
Evs: 252spa / 4def / 252spe
timid nature
calm mind
substitute / taunt
electro drift / parabolic charge
draco meteor / dragon pulse

Miraidon is quite complex, sometimes i run the sub cm set with parabolic charge and draco meteor, sometimes its taunt with meteor, sometimes others. its a pretty good wincon or breaker when behind a sub but sometimes just loses the speedtie and dies to dragon moves, so i opted for tera fairy, maybe double dance is better? i dunno.

Ho-Oh @ heavy duty boots
Ability: regenerator
Evs: 248hp / 8atk / 252def
impish nature
recover
whirlwind
sacred fire
brave bird

this is the premier semicheck to koraidon, before it boosts ho oh can whirlwind it away or threaten burns to other physical attackers, i once tried earthquake with tera ground but it can still be risky and it gives up recovery/ ability to emergency check koraidon. the typing allows it to switch into so many things but is very weak to kyogre, ah yes i forgot to mention that scarf kyogre is a bit of a problem without calyrex- ice and without miraidon i am weak to other variations. but anyways this bird hold together the team.

thats all, if you can, please help me improve on this team and such, i want to keep it leaning towards offense and make sure it doesnt have a bad matchup against the top threats, i am still going up and down in the 1500s and would like advice from the more experianced players.

Last edited:

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
A trick room team usually consists of two trick room setters, and a few abusers. However, you have only trick room setter, almost no abusers, and most of your team has Max spe, which totally ruis the purpose of TR.

A trick room team usually consists of two trick room setters, and a few abusers. However, you have only trick room setter, almost no abusers, and most of your team has Max spe, which totally ruis the purpose of TR.
welp, i just wanted to build a offense team with double trick room, but later swapped out calyrex-ice for miraidon as it is s rank on the vr for a reason, but now its no longer trick room focused and i just want to improve on this.

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
Ting-lu @ leftovers
careful nature
ruination
earthquake
whirlwind
spikes

In the original team, this slot was for gliscor, which easily toxic stalled physical attackers and spiked everywhere, but with gliscor i was not able to deal with double dance miraidon behind screens as it easily outsped everything and swept, the only phazer on the team is weak to it. this is my main check to miraidon and a semicheck to some variations of ho oh, it can still spike but can no longer click toxic and is worn by opposing hazards. if you have any way to make this team better please help.
Clod is supposed to completely wall Double Dance Miraidon and can use Toxic

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
thats why we draco, plus its just a thought. clod was never a problem for this team as i could just use it as setup fodder for my wp tr ndm.
No i meant that could replace Ting-Lu, you said it was orginally Gliscor but Double dance mirai was a problem so you switched to ting.

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
So here i am again, building another team after team after gaining more experience from playing with a team made by zest of life, this team is quite similar to that team but i am trying to make it so i am not weak to the top threats in the metagame and so that i can have a chance against most archetypes, so here is the team:

Necrozma-dusk mane @ weakness policy
Ability: prism armor
tera type: fire
EVs: 248hp / 252atk / 8def
brave nature
swords dance
earthquake
photon geyser
trick room
Ivs: 1 spe

the premier wincon of this team/ hole breaker, i can setup against almost anything with the exception if ting lu and ho oh when unboosted, prism armor and the bulk allows weakness policy to easily activate and tera fire is used to avoid burns. probably the most consistant member of the team.

Ting-lu @ leftovers
careful nature
ruination
earthquake
whirlwind
spikes

arceus @ silk scarf
Ability: multitype
Tera type: ghost
Evs: 200hp / 252atk / 56spe
adamant nature
extreme speed
shadow claw
earthquake
swords dance

the standard ekiller set, here to deal with scale shot koraidon and to stop it from sweeping instantly, this is very important to this team as i need it for priority.
this however struggles against opposing trick room ndm and i have considered using a boots defensive arc normal made by fardin but canceled it. trick room ndm clicks trick room on this thing and kills as photon geyser shreds it. tho tera ghost koraidon can lose me the game if i espeed into sd.

koraidon @ loaded dice
Ability: orichalcum pulse
tera type: ghost
Evs: 252atk / 4def / 252spe
jolly nature
swords dance
flare blitz
scale shot
low kick

the standard koraidon set, even though its very strong on paper the defense drops and stuff like zacian, bulky fairies, sometimes scarf bikes stops setup, and many teams in this metagame seems to counter it for obvious reasons, i have tried flame charge before but forgot the results, so maybe i should use flame charge instead?
tho if i use flame charge arc fairy would wall me more easily and+2 flare blitz needs tera to beat acr fairy anyways.

Miraidon @ life orb
Ability: hadron engine
Evs: 252spa / 4def / 252spe
timid nature
calm mind
substitute / taunt
electro drift / parabolic charge
draco meteor / dragon pulse

Miraidon is quite complex, sometimes i run the sub cm set with parabolic charge and draco meteor, sometimes its taunt with meteor, sometimes others. its a pretty good wincon or breaker when behind a sub but sometimes just loses the speedtie and dies to dragon moves, so i opted for tera fairy, maybe double dance is better? i dunno.

Ho-Oh @ heavy duty boots
Ability: regenerator
Evs: 248hp / 8atk / 252def
impish nature
recover
whirlwind
sacred fire
brave bird

this is the premier semicheck to koraidon, before it boosts ho oh can whirlwind it away or threaten burns to other physical attackers, i once tried earthquake with tera ground but it can still be risky and it gives up recovery/ ability to emergency check koraidon. the typing allows it to switch into so many things but is very weak to kyogre, ah yes i forgot to mention that scarf kyogre is a bit of a problem without calyrex- ice and without miraidon i am weak to other variations. but anyways this bird hold together the team.

thats all, if you can, please help me improve on this team and such, i want to keep it leaning towards offense and make sure it doesnt have a bad matchup against the top threats, i am still going up and down in the 1500s and would like advice from the more experianced players.
I would run :Calyrex-Ice: + :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: together if you're aiming to win with Trick Room. I like the core of :Clodsire: + :Ho-Oh: + :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: as they check most things well enough in the tier. :Ting-Lu: is very passive & overrated imo + makes your team too weak to :Kyogre:. I would keep EKIller :Arceus: and then use either :Miraidon: or :Koraidon: as your speed control, though I think Tera Fairy LO + Agility :Miraidon: fits your team better.

I'm thinking something like this would work well: https://pokepast.es/98181375c7140a10

I would run :Calyrex-Ice: + :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: together if you're aiming to win with Trick Room. I like the core of :Clodsire: + :Ho-Oh: + :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: as they check most things well enough in the tier. :Ting-Lu: is very passive & overrated imo + makes your team too weak to :Kyogre:. I would keep EKIller :Arceus: and then use either :Miraidon: or :Koraidon: as your speed control, though I think Tera Fairy LO + Agility :Miraidon: fits your team better.

I'm thinking something like this would work well: https://pokepast.es/98181375c7140a10
(The savior is back again :D) I have never tried clod before, lets see how it fares. btw can you explain the evs on miraidon?

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
(The savior is back again :D) I have never tried clod before, lets see how it fares. btw can you explain the evs on miraidon?
The EVs on :Miraidon: are customizable. You hit 340 speed to outspeed neutral speed :Arceus: and the HP EVs help you minimize :Life Orb: recoil. You could easily go max / max on it too, but the added breaking power Modest provides over Timid is really useful imo + synergizes better with TR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)