SS NU Need suggestions on improving nu balance

Hi! I've recently started learning teambuilding, and I tried to make an nu team. So far, its been pretty average, and I get stuck around 1200 elo with this team. I tried my best to build it, but I want some suggestions on how to improve it. Again, I'm a little new to teambuilding, so I apologize if my team doesn't meet good standards!

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge

Aerodactyl is the stealth rock setter of the team, with focus sash to ensure it doesn't get sniped turn 1. The other moves are mainly for damage. Dragon claw is there as I noticed many people like to set up flygon while aero is active.

Flygon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Flygon is the main physical attacker of the team. Dragon dance flygon can knock out many of its opponents before dying, with its high attack and speed. U turn is there so it can safely pivot to other mons incase its not in a good matchup. However, flygon struggles against some of the tanks of the tier as they can take hits even from +1 atk flygon, so flygon needs to have used dd at least 2-3 times to ensure it can properly sweep, which can waste a lot of turns.

Inteleon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Snipe Shot
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Shadow Ball

Inteleon is the main special attacker of the team. Snipe shot can dish out a lot of damage, and its high crit chance means it can also ohko in many cases. Ice beam is for grass types, and u turn is to pivot to other mons safely. Shadow ball is just... there (I couldn't find any other good moves for specs inteleon, suggestions would be helpful here). Inteleon's main problem is that its very fragile, so if it doesn't get a ko on a mon, then it very likely gets knocked out that turn, which is why its mainly a late game sweeper in the team. However, triage comfey can kill it in the late game too, with giga drain.

Arcanine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Teleport

Arcanine is extremely good against physical wallbreakers like copperajah, with its decent bulk and intimidate. I thought it would be a good fit here, as flygon struggles against ice types, and inteleon struggles against grass, and arcanine can tank both. Will o wisp can wear down physical attackers that threaten the team, and morning sun is its way of healing. Teleport is to pivot back to int/flygon, if the matchup is favourable for them.

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 124 SpD / 132 Spe
Calm Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Draco Meteor
- Flip Turn
- Toxic Spikes

Dragalge can also tank grass types, and water types too, which can sometimes sweep the team if they can set up (Like blastoise with shell smash). Water types with ice beam can counter it though. Its also a good answer to comfey, because its high special defense means it can take many draining kisses and fight back with sludge wave. It also has toxic spikes, which it can set up anytime. Although it mainly serves the purpose of a special wall, it can also fit the role of special attacker incase inteleon accidentally gets knocked out.

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Scarfed rotom can outspeed and kill talonflame, which is a threat to the team because it outspeeds and kills (With brave bird) inteleon, the only other mon that's good against it. Rotom can also kill water types very easily, or force them to pivot. Rotom is a little fragile though, and it can easily die if it gets caught off guard. One way to kill it is by using u turn when rotom switches in, which can almost take out 50% of rotom's health.

My team mainly struggles against hyper offense teams. Ive noticed sirfetchd performs extremely well against the team, but I'm not sure which mon i should replace to counter it. Ive also considered replacing flygon for a while, but I'm not sure what I would replace it with. Thanks in advance if you're willing to help me improve my team! Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)