NU Neverused Ladder Tour 5 - Playoffs [Won by zugubu royale]

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead

old art from Andrew
(let me know if anyone wants to make new art)​

Specific Rules:
  • This is a standard SWSH NU tournament.
  • Matches are to be played on PS!, preferably on the smogtours server.
  • All rounds will be a best of three in this single elimination tournament, and you are free to switch teams during your series.
Standard Rules and Clauses:
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Sleep Clause: You cannot inflict sleep upon more than one member of the opposing team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • Other Smogon tournament rules also apply.
Qualified Players
Cycle 1
1. GW (Bye)
2. Thiago Nunes (Bye)
3. OminousDraco
4. zugubu royale
5. Davon - Qualified Top 2 Cycle 2
6. Bad Player
7. Averardo - Moves into playoffs due to Davon qualifying in top 2 of another cycle

Cycle 2
1. Enzo Gorlami (Bye)
2. Davon (Bye)
3. Carmin
4. Ho3nConfirm3d
5. Luck O' the Irish
6. Finchinator

Cycle 3
1. Mix (Bye)
2. Kebab mlml (Bye)
3. ToastedBunzzz02
4. Xiri
5. Elias PSY
6. Sciroccoo

Cycle 4

1. Squash17 (Bye)
2. Sensei Axew (Bye)
3. Osh
4. Confide
5. Skipkan
6. Orphic

Round 1
Byes: GW Thiago Nunes Enzo Gorlami Davon Mix Kebab mlml Squash17 Sensei Axew

zugubu royale vs Skipkan
Averardo vs Confide
Carmin vs OminousDraco
Ho3nConfirm3d vs Bad Player
Luck O' the Irish vs Osh
Xiri vs ToastedBunzzz02
Elias PSY vs Sciroccoo
Orphic vs Finchinator

REPLAYS ARE MANDATORY
DEADLINE IS SUNDAY MAY 10TH AT 11:59PM GMT-4

randomized bracket made here https://www.smogon.com/bracketmaker/view/2452/

Round 2

GW vs Mix
Kebab mlml vs Finchinator
Sensei Axew vs Enzo Gorlami
Confide vs Thiago Nunes
Carmin vs Bad Player
Luck O' the Irish vs Davon
ToastedBunzzz02 vs Squash17
Elias PSY vs zugubu royale

Round 3

Mix  vs  Luck O' the Irish
Finchinator  vs  ToastedBunzzz02
Thiago Nunes  vs  Carmin
zugubu royale  vs  Sensei Axew

Round 4

Finchinator  vs  zugubu royale
Carmin  vs  Mix

Finals
zugubu royale vs Mix

Last edited:

GW

I may be warrior
is a Tiering Contributor
zugubu royale vs Skipkan
Averardo vs Confide - One of the best matchups of this first round, averado is great at lower tiers but after watching him tilt from like 1500s to 1200 elo, idk....
Carmin vs OminousDraco - The French are the biggest tryhards at everything, so carmin will have his 30 hours of prep to win and hes pretty good at lower tiers
Ho3nConfirm3d vs Bad Player - The HO and sun creator lord Ho3n cannot lose
Luck O' the Irish vs Osh - assuming that osh will win from playing more mons as of late whereas Irish is just getting back into the scene, should be a good one regardless
Xiri vs ToastedBunzzz02
Elias PSY vs Sciroccoo
Orphic vs Finchinator - if finch loses then we will not see more NULT Youtube Coverage from the foonch, good enough motivation to win

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
Last edited by a moderator:

GW

I may be warrior
is a Tiering Contributor
here comes the predicts you may or may not have asked for..... anyways here we go!!!!!

Predicts:
GW vs Mix - idk who this GW guy is but he seems decent.
Kebab mlml vs Finchinator - Finchinator has finally gotten his first ss bo3 win, he cannot possibly lose now
Sensei Axew vs Enzo Gorlami - EG is very good but Sensei has the power of god and anime at his side, how do you stop him
Confide vs Thiago Nunes - I would predict Tnunes but he told me he sucks recently so Confide will win by being slightly more confident
Carmin vs Bad Player - Lucky French Player > Bad Player IMO
Luck O' the Irish vs Davon - Unless the other dude truly gets the luck of the irish, I think davon nu startup finalist and NUPL experience will edge in 3 good games.
ToastedBunzzz02 vs Squash17
Elias PSY
 vs zugubu royale

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Some organizational things: I updated the OP with all of the r2 results and the current state of r3. In addition, I also updated the r3 post. I made the bracket because rozes was busy, but it was done with the bracketmaker tool to assure things are randomized. Thanks to everyone for getting their games done and posting replays up to this point.

As for my series, I won vs toast. G2 I lost if he hit Focus Blast + got a roll turn 1 (55-60% odd to get both, so it favored him), so apologies for that.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1119943317 - G1
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1119954028 - G2

ggs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)