Tournament NeverUsed Ladder Tournament Finals [Won by iTeddeh]

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hosting this because Hollywood is ded.
Approved by Raseri and Zebraiken.
Stole a bit of the OP from OLT.

NeverUsed Ladder Tournament

1. The qualification period for the NU Ladder Tournament will run for a total of 32 days with 8 day cycles, which is ~1 months to put things into perspective. After each 8 day cycle, the top 4 accounts that appear on the leaderboard (using ELO) at the end of the cycle with the sign-up criteria explained in #2 below will qualify for the playoffs of the NU Ladder Tournament, which will be a 16 man, best of three, single elimination tournament. The tournament is not seeded. Pairings for the qualified 16 are randomized. The ladder is not reset after each cycle.

2. In order to sign-up for the NU Ladder Tournament, FOLLOW THE SIGN-UP FORMAT BELOW AND REGISTER YOUR FRESHLY MADE ALT(S) ON POKEMON SHOWDOWN USING THE FORMAT BELOW:

[NU#] ForumNameHere - the "#" denotes a letter of your choosing, and "ForumNameHere" obviously denotes your forum name. You are allowed up to 3 alts total for this tournament, each of which must follow the aforementioned format.

Here's an example sign-up post for you all to follow:

Forum name: Soulgazer
Alts: NUM Soulgazer, NUE Soulgazer, NUX Soulgazer
Do my altscontain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules? Yes.
YOU MUST SIGN UP WITH YOUR FRESHLY MADE ALT BEFORE STARTING BATTLES WITH IT. Your alt must be registered on the day of sign-ups or onwards to prevent people from registering an account beforehand and laddering with it to gain and unfair advantage. It's very easy to check when an account was registered and we will be checking to make sure people comply. You will be allowed to include 2 to 3 alts in your sign-up for this tournament.

3. Since there is a possibility we will need substitutes for the tournament, we'll take the 5th and 6th people in each period (so 8 total) and randomize them as subs for the 64 man tournament. If you qualify as #5 or #6, you are still able to participate in other cycles and try to qualify for the top 4 of a given cycle.

4. Once you make the top 4 and qualify (this does not mean making the top 4 at any given point during the cycle, it means being in the top 4 at the end of the cycle), you’re qualified for playoffs. You are free to ladder any other week you wish. However, making the top 4 more than once won’t give a player anything other than personal satisfaction and bragging rights. If a person qualifies again during a week after their initial qualification, the newly qualified account will be skipped and the next unqualified account will be selected from the leaderboard to participate in the tournament.

5. In the case of one person having more than one account in the top 4 during any given cycle, their highest ranked account will be the one to qualify and the duplicates will be skipped. Let's say one person in the top 4 holds positions #1 and #2 on the ladder during cycle 1 with the alts he signed-up with. In this scenario, #1 will be the only account of theirs to qualify and #2 will be skipped over because they are the same person as #1. In this same scenario, position #3 on the ladder will be the second qualifier of the cycle and so on.

6. Any person found cheating will be disqualified. This means not giving out free wins (boosting), multiple people on the same account, etc.

7. Prize is still being discussed. PM Raseri and Zebraiken if you really need one.

We are currently in CYCLE 4, which means that after 8 days [ending on Tuesday, November 4th, 6:00 PM Eastern time], the top 4 accounts that signed up for this tournament following the proper sign-up criteria explained in #2 will be qualified for the eventual playoffs of the NU Ladder Tournament.

Last edited:

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
NU Ladder Tournament Playoffs

Round 1

Deadline:Saturday November 8th at 9pm EST

FLCL vs. The Hitman

Odd Della Robbia vs. Realistic Waters

iTeddeh vs. Blapperl

AquajetBreloom vs. HJAD

The Goomy vs. Deej Dy

DatSwagDoe vs. QueenOfLuvdiscs

blaziken1337 vs. Amarillo

iplaytennislol vs. I'm Bi...sharp

Round 2

Deadline: Wednesday November 12th at 11:59pm EST

The Hitman vs. AquajetBreloom

Odd Della Robbia vs. Amarillo

iTeddeh vs. I'm Bi...sharp

(Deej Dy vs. The Goomy) vs. QueenOfLuvdiscs

Round 3
Deadline: Sunday November 16th 11:59PM EST

AquajetBreloom vs. QueenOfLuvdiscs

(Odd Della Robbia vs. Amarillo) vs. iTeddeh

Finals

iTeddeh vs. AquajetBreloom

Last edited:

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Forum name: praj.pran
Alts: NUA praj.pran
Do my altscontain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules? Yes

sorry if its wrong

Forum name: Thrillz
Alts: NUX Thrillz ; NUY Thrllz ; NUB Thrillz
Do my altscontain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules? Yes

Forum Name: Can-Eh-Dian
Alts: NUA Can, NUB Can, NUC Can
Do my altscontain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules? Yes.

soulgazer sucks

Forum name: swagilyph
Alts: NUM Swag, NUK Swag, NUB Swag

Forum Name: AquajetBreloom
NUX AJB
NUY AJB
NUZ AJB

Forum Name: iplaytennislol
NUA Tennis
NUB Tennis
NUC Tennis

Forum name: Ferb
Alts: NUL Ferb, NUM Ferb, NUN Ferb

Forum name: 3P1K
Alts:NUN 3P1K

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Forum name: Jacob
Alts: NUB Jacob

Forum name: Hoole
Alts: NUM Hoole

Syncrasy

Change the game, don't let the game change you
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Forum name:tomibello
Alts
NUA tomi
NUB tomi
NUC tomi
Do my alts contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules? Yes

Forum name: Davon
Alts: NUA Davon, NUB Davon, NUC Davon

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Forum name: Amarillo
Alts: NUB Amarillo, NUN Amarillo, NUT Amarillo
Do my alts contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules? idk lel

Forum name: Scarf Buck
Alts: NUA Buck,NUB Buck,NUC Buck

Last edited:

Orphic

perhaps
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Deej Dy please play nice this isnt a competition or anything ;)

Forum name: orphic
Nua orphic
Oh and yes ive read the rules :)

Last edited:
Forum name: SpaceMankey
Alts: NUA SpaceMankey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)